**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• UnitboyUnitboy Posts: 31

hemimcoc2 said:

BG is just a stupid Idiot, thinks the way he plays, everyone can play. The guy has NO job, NO life, NO kids, seems even NO other obligations in real life, he is just a regular super addicted mcoc player. With this video he takes away the whole fun for so many players who long for this event the whole year as myself. I do play little accounts in order to help my main account. BG is just messing with numbers, wrong calculation, fals information about autoplay in this video. There is nothing kabam has to do about this event, just leave it as it is. NOBODY plays the game like our super addicted player described this in the video.

Just saying, you come across super well in this post. You sound lovely.
    Why do you think he needs to sound lovely?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

As far as I can make out we can all go back in and re-explore act 1/2/3 to get the units and revives? There’s a lot of revives on the paths btw.

The way I see it it’s the least we deserve for putting up with the potential 6+ months of serious bugs and disproportionate or disappointing solo assistance packages.

Re the gifting alts, I started 2 last year, one was TB by the summer and the other is halfway through a6 now. Stopped playing my main so that didn’t really work out. 😂

On a alt I made 2-3 days ago, I have 40 revives in overflow. Would love to see it on my main instead 😢
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Berjibs said:

As far as I can make out we can all go back in and re-explore act 1/2/3 to get the units and revives? There’s a lot of revives on the paths btw.

The way I see it it’s the least we deserve for putting up with the potential 6+ months of serious bugs and disproportionate or disappointing solo assistance packages.

Re the gifting alts, I started 2 last year, one was TB by the summer and the other is halfway through a6 now. Stopped playing my main so that didn’t really work out. 😂

On a alt I made 2-3 days ago, I have 40 revives in overflow. Would love to see it on my main instead 😢
    Just go in and auto fight a1/2/3? All my progress reset to 0% so am doing it now…

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Terra said:

Berjibs said:

Just go in and auto fight a1/2/3? All my progress reset to 0% so am doing it now…

It depends if you already 100%ed it on your main. If you did, then you’ll get no rewards. But if you just did a completion run then you can get the 100% rewards
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    hemimcoc2 said:

BG is just a stupid Idiot, thinks the way he plays, everyone can play. The guy has NO job, NO life, NO kids, seems even NO other obligations in real life, he is just a regular super addicted mcoc player. With this video he takes away the whole fun for so many players who long for this event the whole year as myself. I do play little accounts in order to help my main account. BG is just messing with numbers, wrong calculation, fals information about autoplay in this video. There is nothing kabam has to do about this event, just leave it as it is. NOBODY plays the game like our super addicted player described this in the video.

Kabam has literally said that they had considered this even before Bags video and that they WILL take measures to prevent a mass exploit. So don't know why you are going off on BG
  • CirrusCirrus Posts: 86
    Hoitado said:

I just don't see enough people farming on 3 phones for 8+ hours a day to be a real issue.

If you just do one Account a day for a Week you’ll get 14700 which equates to 39 Greater Gifting Crystals.
    That’s a lot
    all of the units gain in the 6hrs were the buffed rewards for acts 1- 3 after that they are not so widely available. Be mainly from solo events , or arena but you wouldn't have a big enough account to hit many milestones
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    I would like to leave my opinion (solution) regarding this "problem".

If you are thronebreaker you should be able to gift to your peers and below: other thronebreakers, cavaliers, uncollecteds etc.
    If you are cavalier you should be able to gift to cavaliers, uncollecteds, conquerors etc.
    If you are uncollected you should be able to gift to uncollecteds, conquerors etc...
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    hemimcoc2 said:

hemimcoc2 said:

Kabam has literally said that they had considered this even before Bags video and that they WILL take measures to prevent a mass exploit. So don't know why you are going off on BG
    Cos he is spreading a false picture and declares something an exploit which is not the case. Leave the thing as is
    In the words of Kabam

"knew that there could be some potential for this kind of behaviour. We were already looking into ways to make sure that this can't be exploited, "

E.X.P.L.O.I.T.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for the impassioned discussions here. When we made these changes to the early game, we knew that there could be some potential for this kind of behaviour. We were already looking into ways to make sure that this can't be exploited, but don't have the details right now.

But, as @TheCaptain412 said above, not all Alt accounts are bad, and we want to make sure we take that into account as well. There's a lot of nuances, and it needs to be worked out more before we can be confident in a plan.

(No, we're not going to announce that plan early :tongue: I am not going to give the blueprints for the minimum that has to be done to be able to exploit mass creating new alt accounts)

Atleast tell us we can 1-2 alt account or not.
    I think should be allowed to have 2-4 alt accounts 😌😌
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for the impassioned discussions here. When we made these changes to the early game, we knew that there could be some potential for this kind of behaviour. We were already looking into ways to make sure that this can't be exploited, but don't have the details right now.

But, as @TheCaptain412 said above, not all Alt accounts are bad, and we want to make sure we take that into account as well. There's a lot of nuances, and it needs to be worked out more before we can be confident in a plan.

(No, we're not going to announce that plan early :tongue: I am not going to give the blueprints for the minimum that has to be done to be able to exploit mass creating new alt accounts)

You re allowed to have as many alts as you want, they just may not be participating to the event. It's so simple.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★

Berjibs said:

Terra said:

Berjibs said:

It depends if you already 100%ed it on your main. If you did, then you’ll get no rewards. But if you just did a completion run then you can get the 100% rewards
    I 100% everything and it set to zero. Am currently claiming all the new rewards, will check my others accs as all at 100% previously.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

Cirrus said:

Hoitado said:

I just don't see enough people farming on 3 phones for 8+ hours a day to be a real issue.

If you just do one Account a day for a Week you’ll get 14700 which equates to 39 Greater Gifting Crystals.
    That’s a lot
    all of the units gain in the 6hrs were the buffed rewards for acts 1- 3 after that they are not so widely available. Be mainly from solo events , or arena but you wouldn't have a big enough account to hit many milestones

Kabl said:

Dkcody42 said:

What’s the deal with Brian anyway? What I mean is what is the motivation behind his super free to play mindset? I’ve never heard him mention why he plays the way he does. Is he unemployed and pressed for cash? I genuinely don’t know what his deal is and would actually really like to know?

To know how far a f2p can succeed and just for fun.
    he is in unique postion tho, 99.9% of f2p cant devote time to this game like him, so he is just another extreme on spectrum
    This is what I had asked earlier. What is this guys unique position. Unemployed, independently wealthy, won the lottery I mean what is it. He is always the example given when one refers to not having time to play like BG, just genuinely curious what this guys deal is
    He's a youtuber... how is this not blatantly obvious.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

Hoitado said:

Since when should you be able to get multiple 6* Champions from just playing for some hours

I have 100-plus 6s champs. How does that impact you?
  • FuzzyFoxFuzzyFox Posts: 45
    Bit late to this party, I'm a veteran of 6 plus years and it does not bother me, you do you, a suggestion to restrict this 'exploit' (which it isn't, i want to be clear), could be, if your main account receives gifts from 5 or more brand new accounts then there will be consequences. You guys remember what this game was like 6 years ago, so difficult to get a T1A lol, now its really fun for new players, don't discourage new players from downloading the game by adding loads of restrictions.
  • hemimcoc2hemimcoc2 Posts: 4
    Searmenis said:

Hey everybody,

You re allowed to have as many alts as you want, they just may not be participating to the event. It's so simple.
    Then, there is no use to have any alt account. The only reason to have it is to serve the main one. Can't imagine, people are creating an alt just cos they have too much time. Except for BG, they guy who has no job
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294

Hey everybody,

Is this seriously being considered? First off I’m not one of the players doing this. Please read the entire post and don’t ban me.

Fact, players that are doing this are playing the game for hours and hours to do this. They still getting less in units than the cash value of those units. As if any person is like a youtuber. This premise is ridiculous, that any normal person can sit around playing accounts for 8 hours a day. Brian grant and others get paid by you (their audience) to play games for a living!!!!They aren’t spending on the game! The game pays them. And BG not only gets paid but chooses to invest zero of what people give him to play…. everyone else plays in their freetime or hides at work to do aq and aw, and a lot of people pay money for what they do because they can’t dedicate their lives to arena like that. And now someone (who I do like) that gets paid to play is going to tell the rest of the world that then getting something for a ton of time and energy isn’t ok??? Is this a joke??? How do you not see the hypocrisy here???

What if these players are paying customers??? What if they’re buying the daily unit deal? Are you seriously going to punish people giving you money because people on the Forums are crying about balance? You allow people to become tb almost over night through spending. Where is the balance in that? Someone that’s rich can just drop 100k in gifting, and as a business of coarse that’s great and why wouldn’t you want that. But that effects the balance immensely and the money is nothing to them. And you should make that money as a company because people literally live this game enough to spend it.

You want people playing the game, you love it if they spent.. so if someone is doing both they will get punished because little cry babies that don’t have the time or patience to do it are mad they won’t be able to keep up??? News flash to them, you can’t keep up no matter what unless you spend tons of money. There are people about to hit 5 million rating! Are you kidding me? 😂

So what if people do what you said they were allowed to do and have a good gifting event. It won’t change the rest of the year. It doesn’t make them better players! They won’t leapfrog the super spenders that spend thousands every time they can. And it’s not going to put the rest of us further behind. Literally everyone is at different progression levels and someone grinding non stop in an effort to get some kind of edge doesn’t change your specific progression levels, and won’t make you go from tb back down to cav. All it does is prove that of there’s enough player on player jealousy and hate that you can take an advantage away from other players.

I really hope you reconsider this course of action Kabam and not take from dedicated players that are devoting their time and possibly wallets to something that is obviously so important to them that they’re willing to spend money and 20 hours a day on your product. And take it as the compliment that it is. Think about it, you have created a game that some people love so much. They are willing to devote all this energy in advance of a two week event within the game. A month a more of non stop play and possible spending. There is already a level limit on the gifting badge!

Again for the record I have this account and my main, and no others. I know that Kabam knows this because I have had pm exchanges with miike about it. This does not impact me and will actually not impact many. But I do see it as a matter of principle, changing the rules right before an event. When you set those rules. If you do make any changes, in the interest of fairness please wait until after the event to institute those changes… otherwise you would’ve stolen months of these peoples lives and possibly gotten money from them that they will get nothing for….

Please consider this when making a decision @Kabam Miike
  • CJLCJL Posts: 29
    What do you all think are fair and reasonable minimum limits to earn the temporary gifting badge?

What blueprint would you create?

Keep in mind the intention is to allow those who PLAY real alt. accounts the opportunity to participate while preventing others from exploiting new account creations they do not intend to play on a regular basis.

There is a difference between owning/creating alt. accounts and playing alt. accounts. Looks like playing an alternate account is what needs to be better defined.

To prevent players from just holding units on these type of alt. accounts for next year or so, or using an older account created in the past, any old and dormant alt. accounts that do not hit a minimum amount of hours played, log ins each year should not qualify for gifting in that calendar year IMO. YouTubers that play alt. accounts for content and players that play more than one account routinely will find this easy to accomplish.

IMO, some of the most simple minimums would be ones that are clearly and easily met by someone who is actually playing an alt. account routinely but not by someone who logs onto it a few times a year.

Future proof the event by setting lasting minimum account requirements that define an account that is active and being played in the current year. i.e. a minimum amount of hours , days, log-ins and growth.

1. A minimum total hours played this year.
    2. A minimum total of permanent content %complete
    3. A minimum number of daily log ins
    4. A minimum percentage of account growth Year-over-Year
    5. Account age or dates or creation.
    6. Minimum number of heroes or total base hero rating

I have also seen other games only allow one account creation per user IP address or other technical gates that prevent, deter or minimize new account abuse.

Either way, with all the alt. account creation shenanigan's, allowing it to continue is likely not healthy for the game or the player base. With activity like this in the background, I wonder is it not even harder to detect players piloting more than once account in competitive modes like AQ and AW, if a single player in "allowed" to log in and use multiple accounts from one device it further hurts efforts in trying to keep competitive modes legit.

After all, this gifting event has an element of rank rewards and competition as well, but it's technically "allowed".

Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.