**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Regarding Brian Grant’s Most Recent Video

Comments

• CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    CJL said:

What do you all think are fair and reasonable minimum limits to earn the temporary gifting badge?

Either way, with all the alt. account creation shenanigan's, allowing it to continue is likely not healthy for the game or the player base. With activity like this in the background, I wonder is it not even harder to detect players piloting more than once account in competitive modes like AQ and AW, if a single player in "allowed" to log in and use multiple accounts from one device it further hurts efforts in trying to keep competitive modes legit.

After all, this gifting event has an element of rank rewards and competition as well, but it's technically "allowed".

Thoughts?

Why should there be a limit and why does it bother you what other people do with their money and time??? Were you mad when Cowhale was spending to progress??? Are you mad that bg plays allday for free and gets paid while the rest of us work and a lot of us pay ???

Even if tons of people do this method it’s not going to effect you!! People use bots and get hacked units! And your mad that a few people Will go through the Mandane and monotonous process of playing low level content over and over at nauseam, are you kidding? Did you care as much when lagacy talked about farming units through the monthly daily cards?? And if so, what if people go through this ridiculous process of endless mind numbing playing and they buy the daily???

Do you expect Kabam to punish paying customers and grinders for rules they put in place. Because the biggest Non-customer on YouTube complained? Seriously, what kind of business model is that?? Cater to the people that can’t dedicate the money or time over those who do??

Anyone who grinds or spends more than you should get more and be further than you given skill level is relative.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Why is everyone calling this an exploit? A simple question to all those people calling this an exploit:
    Do you or do you not farm revives by running back issues arachnid action 2.2? Or for that matter any of the act 5 chapters or act 4?
    Do you or do you not run ROL to farm potions?
    If you do either of the above, do you consider these to be an exploit?
    If you don’t think the above are an exploit, please enlighten how unit grinding on alt account is an exploit?

All those mentioned above are tedious processes that take a lot of time compared what we have here. And it's not just players calling it exploit. Mike also called it a possible exploit that would have to be prevented. You can take it up with him why he thinks it's an exploit

Graves_3 said:

Why is everyone calling this an exploit? A simple question to all those people calling this an exploit:
    Do you or do you not farm revives by running back issues arachnid action 2.2? Or for that matter any of the act 5 chapters or act 4?
    If you don’t think the above are an exploit, please enlighten how unit grinding on alt account is an exploit?

All those mentioned above are tedious processes that take a lot of time compared what we have here. And it's not just players calling it exploit. Mike also called it a possible exploit that would have to be prevented. You can take it up with him why he thinks it's an exploit
    So just to get this straight…

You don’t think that playing an extra 8 hours a day ( remember if you’re doing this it’s for your main accounts benefit), on top of your aq, and aw moves, sq, meq, variants, act 7 etc… is tedious? How about tracking all these accounts and email creation? How about the log in time, logging in and out of new accounts all day long? Creating them over and over!! All while trying to live and support yourself. Are you kidding?
    edited November 2021
    The ridiculous notion that Kabam should punish grinders and spenders for doing this is idiocy..

If you do this it isn’t even going to help your main rank higher in the gifting event. So say some guy has 30 alts and makes an alliance. And gives his 3k and 10 crystals away for each. They aren’t ranking very high number 1, and secondly how does that help their main account?? You don’t score for receiving gifts!!! And if these are alt accounts than getting anything from gifting Is really kind of waste because you won’t use those resources so there creation of that alliance is a further waste of time

Play your game and stop worrying about what others get!!! If you want more, grind for more or pay for more. It’s super simple
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

You can autofight 2.2 back issues and gain about a hundred revives in less than a week. What is tedious in that? It actually takes more effort to run act 1/2/3 to grind units.

Graves_3 said:

they call it exploit because the easy units from act123 are intended to help new players to get them going in their progression, using it to help your main could be considered an exploit - 2 issues with that: kabam do not have any rules on how you are supposed to use units they are most universal game currency, and kabam never expressively specified in their tos that the units from act123 are to be used to open masteries etc, basically to help you progress, it's all implied...

easiest to fix both is to have new currency from act123, if this is an actual issue, but it is not...this self gifting been happening since start of gifting badge concept, and loads of people who regularly gift themselves surely haven't managed to break the game yet, afaik

ofc there will be few opportunits who might grind these free units and then SELL discounted crystals, which is clear violation of tos, full stop - but if these people are already committed to these activities, i would assume they use bots rather than manually grind act123 🤷🏿‍♂️

They definitely need to crack down on those selling units/GGC. And also the bots. No question about that. But how you use the units you gain on your account legitimately should be up to you.
  • X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155
    edited November 2021
    This whole argument is kinda weird ... It's like saying Kabam needs to remove the 22 hrs solo events because people can make 45 accounts and just get the milestones everyday and get 410k units every year ... I'd have to purchase atleast 15 different phone numbers just to make that many accounts in the first place 😬😬 ... Yes maybe people will make like 2-3 alt accounts ... Anyone who does this on 10+ accounts have to be madlad deserving it lol
  • SistosSistos Posts: 13
    Why do you need 3 devices to do it? Couldn’t you just log out then back in to your other account?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Sistos said:

Why do you need 3 devices to do it? Couldn’t you just log out then back in to your other account?

A good portion of people - say 25% - already own multiple devices. Whether it be a tablet or a seperate phone or both. It’s actually faster if you’re doing extra accounts to just straight launch the game then remember 3 different log ins
    Sistos said:

Each account needs 6-8 hours to get the 3 acts explored. Doing simultaneously on 3 devices means you are grinding 3 accounts per day. Certain thoughts that come to mind immediately are
    Autofight unlocks at level 19. You need to still manually fight until you reach level 19 and then also be blessed with RNG to have strong ranked champs who can win on autofight.
    Why that particular number-3 devices? If you do it in 4, you can get an additional 90k units in 45 days. Why not do 10? Why not 2? Nobody in their sane mind would go to such extreme lengths to do that to funnel units into their main account. It’s just too much work.
    Is it even worth doing it if you have a semi competitive main account? I think Kam answered that question pretty well. It’s just not worth it.
  • SistosSistos Posts: 13
    edited November 2021

Sistos said:

Why do you need 3 devices to do it? Couldn’t you just log out then back in to your other account?<

Sistos said:

A good portion of people - say 25% - already own multiple devices. Whether it be a tablet or a seperate phone or both. It’s actually faster if you’re doing extra accounts to just straight launch the game then remember 3 different log ins
    Gotcha, thanks
  • X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155
    edited November 2021
    While i do think this should be dealt with in Kabam's POV ... The most they can do now is maybe limit the account to 1 month before they can participate in the gifting event ... Maybe 45 days since the event goes on for 14 days
    But the major points of this whole thread is that it's not going to break the game ... Unless people use bots ... And if people are able to even use bots in the first place doesn't that mean that the game is already broken?? Shouldn't that be dealt with first ... Hell the guy who placed first in the Deadpool parts solo event is a lvl20 something guy who's done Abyss ... Stop them first ... I am just sad that I won't be able to gift myself 5-10 extra crystals from my alt to main ( which I've done for the past few years btw ) i have a legit UC account that's just opened one month before Christmas and during the Red Envelopes event )

P.S. I am TB with over 15 R3s and no content left to do in the game ... Let me have my fun please 😂
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

But this does affect all sorts of things. Let me just easily farm enough units to gift myself units to unlock all masteries, enough units to easily explore abyss, and get over a 100k 6 star shards and loads of 6 star nexus crystals along with loads of t5cc and possibly this year small amounts of t6b and t3a
    If that's how you want to spend your time doing that you should be able to. Can you spend $500 bucks and complete abyss and unlock masteries ? Can you scoop up every cav and pay your way to grind for every 6* champ in arena ?
    It devalues units and defeats the purpose of the game. If someone wants to spend for units he’s free to do so because (news flash) kabam as a company needs to make money to run the game. You can’t seriously think that 500 fights (act 1-3 100%) for 3000 units aka 100$ of units is good for the game
    This sums it up.....it is so out of line with values in the game. Right now and for the next 45 days you can do 500 fights in the side event and get 2 bewhiskered crystals and some 4 star rank up materials or do 500 fights and send yourself 2100+ units. The bewhiskered crystal isn't worth $50.....
    A simple solution is this.....you can't send gifts until you are level 40-45. You can receive them but don't allow people to send gifts until they do that.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    If BG's method is considered an exploit, then what about people who use alt accounts to spend massively and gift their main accounts? If they can do that, why not let players do the BG method? I am sure there can be some way to limit it without punishing only the non-spending exploiters.
  • I've been out of this discussion, and reading up, I do agree this is a problem.
    I am a heavy(ish) arena grinder, i have 47k units currently on my account, that i have spent months grinding to get. This makes sure i have enough for cyber weekend+ gifting. It is tough. from arenas, 4-6 hours every round (3 days). nets me ~400 units + bcs. This will cover 3 day events too, so safely i can say around 500-550 units every 3 days. which requires a lot of mindless grinding.
    with this alt technique, i can ignore my account, and just invest directly into alts and make 4 times more to gift myself.
    Let us not forget how crazy heavy in resources ggcs can be. COWHale bought8k ggcs way back in the day and when people were struggling to r5 champs, he had enough sig stones and t5b to r5 anything. Buying massive amounts of ggcs affects game balance. But hey, he was one crazy person. Maybe there were a few more like than who sunk depressing amounts of money into the game. The average joe does no spend much in ggcs at all. Now think, the average Joe now has access to a vast number of units, devaluing what the game offers currently to players.
    This is quite serious indeed. If i wanted to, i could make many alts doing so and farm myself 100-200 ggcs. That flood of extra resources for a slightly larger slice of players will flood the market with extra resources ahead of time, and destabilize the economy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Graves_3 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

I honestly believe that people should play the game how they want to. As long as it doesn't mess around with any competitive modes and they are doing it without bots. If they want to farm 3 accounts on 3 phones , and that's how they enjoy the game I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as Kabam goes they are engaging with the game 3 different times and time is always the biggest currency in the real world. They are more likely to recommend a friend as well.

If cheating is the concern I understand. If deciding how people spend time is his concern who cares.

You can see a player skip 100% exploration of a Act 6 and Act 7 and still end up TB. Just because we had to work a little harder and put more time in doesn't necessarily mean they they have to as well.

But this does affect all sorts of things. Let me just easily farm enough units to gift myself units to unlock all masteries, enough units to easily explore abyss, and get over a 100k 6 star shards and loads of 6 star nexus crystals along with loads of t5cc and possibly this year small amounts of t6b and t3a
    If that's how you want to spend your time doing that you should be able to. Can you spend $500 bucks and complete abyss and unlock masteries ? Can you scoop up every cav and pay your way to grind for every 6* champ in arena ?
    It devalues units and defeats the purpose of the game. If someone wants to spend for units he’s free to do so because (news flash) kabam as a company needs to make money to run the game. You can’t seriously think that 500 fights (act 1-3 100%) for 3000 units aka 100$ of units is good for the game
    This sums it up.....it is so out of line with values in the game. Right now and for the next 45 days you can do 500 fights in the side event and get 2 bewhiskered crystals and some 4 star rank up materials or do 500 fights and send yourself 2100+ units. The bewhiskered crystal isn't worth $50.....
    A simple solution is this.....you can't send gifts until you are level 40-45. You can receive them but don't allow people to send gifts until they do that.
    I would refer you to the plat pool solo event. 6 fights-10minutes gave plat pool crystals. That gave me personally 1200 units. Others got 450-1600units. Is there a set value for stuff in this game? How can you fix value for things arbitrarily? Kabam themselves have fixed a value of 2100+ units for exploration of those 3 acts. You put the effort to earn those and then gift yourself. How does this devalue the units again? Now can you use these units to gift someone else other than your main account and have them send 1 to your main account? Is it not allowed to send gifts from a new account at all because there are plenty of units in the first 3 acts? How again does this devalue units?
    I get your point, and personally I don’t think this gifting from alts becomes an exploit until it’s egregiously abused (talking like 20 or so accounts, not a couple). But the Platpool event is an entirely different situation. It’s a one time, Cav locked event. It’s not easily exploitable, you’d need to make an account, get it to Cav and complete it all for those 1000 or so units.

The difference is the ease to get those units from the start of the account. You can’t just pop open the game and do that 5 minute boss rush over and over and get thousands of units.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    Sistos said:

Yes I still don't understand the 3 device thing. Log in, beat 1-3, log out, change email, rinse and repeat.

Graves_3 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

I would refer you to the plat pool solo event. 6 fights-10minutes gave plat pool crystals. That gave me personally 1200 units. Others got 450-1600units. Is there a set value for stuff in this game? How can you fix value for things arbitrarily? Kabam themselves have fixed a value of 2100+ units for exploration of those 3 acts. You put the effort to earn those and then gift yourself. How does this devalue the units again? Now can you use these units to gift someone else other than your main account and have them send 1 to your main account? Is it not allowed to send gifts from a new account at all because there are plenty of units in the first 3 acts? How again does this devalue units?
    I get your point, and personally I don’t think this gifting from alts becomes an exploit until it’s egregiously abused (talking like 20 or so accounts, not a couple). But the Platpool event is an entirely different situation. It’s a one time, Cav locked event. It’s not easily exploitable, you’d need to make an account, get it to Cav and complete it all for those 1000 or so units.

The difference is the ease to get those units from the start of the account. You can’t just pop open the game and do that 5 minute boss rush over and over and get thousands of units.
    The plat pool event comparison was for the claim that units are being devalued in comparison to the bewhiskered crystal. There is no fixed value for units that are available without paying money. It differs based on what kabam prefers to give. Last year they gave 1k+ units for just logging in from the summoner appreciation calendar. That required absolutely no effort but to open the app daily.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

Zan0 said:

Texas_11 said:

The plat pool event comparison was for the claim that units are being devalued in comparison to the bewhiskered crystal. There is no fixed value for units that are available without paying money. It differs based on what kabam prefers to give. Last year they gave 1k+ units for just logging in from the summoner appreciation calendar. That required absolutely no effort but to open the app daily.
    Yes, but I'm saying that the platpool event doesn't devalue units as much as the new account unit farming - because how many units the platpool event gives out is limited by being Cav, new account farming is limited by clicking create account.

Incidentally, the summoner calendar was likely changed to Fun in the sun because people made tons of alts to log in during the summoner appreciation event and get those units to gift themselves, so that works against your point as well. It's another example of units being too easy to get and use to gift yourself - AKA devaluing them.
This discussion has been closed.