**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

kabam asks for the opinions of others about guilltone and at the same time discards them.

I find the offered answer somewhat hostile. Most of the community have left good points of view where changes could be made to the guillotine and have even offered new ideas about it to implement them in it so that it really has a good utility. Well, the utility it had before (the little ) was taken away! with this new update. And I don't even have the pleasure of expressing it as an upgrade, it just looks like a nerf! And at the end of it all so much effort to be heard so that they do nothing and discard the thoughts of others? woo kabam what a lot of attention you give to your community!

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    The AMA was a joke but how can you possibly claim the portion you highlighted is hostile in any way? Dismissive maybe, but not remotely hostile.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

Yeah!

Like all Community Ideas that could make a really amazing game, but, we are here being ignored by Kabam

I'm pretty sure the "Give all the Beyond god tier 6 stars with Max signature stones to Syndicated" wasn't as popular of an idea as you hoped it would be..
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★

Yeah!

Like all Community Ideas that could make a really amazing game, but, we are here being ignored by Kabam

I'm pretty sure the "Give all the Beyond god tier 6 stars with Max signature stones to Syndicated" wasn't as popular of an idea as you hoped it would be..
    Emmm, what? lol
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    In all fairness, it is perfectly right decision from their side. They took it as feedback and will (hopefully) try to take it into consideration when creating new buffs. They just decided to leave Guilly butchered, so that they can save various other champs.

I think you don't see the difference between listening to players and obeying the players. Kabam does the first
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Diaz1505 said:

@LeNoirFaineant
    but if it is synonymous with antipathy, which is the 2 definition that acquires hostile that's the reason why I explained the context

Even there, I don't think Kabam has a deep dislike for us, and I think you can have a deep dislike without being hostile. They are not quite synonymous. Hostile is more aggressive. Not that it really matters. Kabam did a poor job on the buff and ultimately chose not to act on our feedback. I think they made a mistake. It doesn't make them hostile or antipathetic.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

Diaz1505 said:

I find the offered answer somewhat hostile. Most of the community have left good points of view where changes could be made to the guillotine and have even offered new ideas about it to implement them in it so that it really has a good utility. Well, the utility it had before (the little ) was taken away! with this new update. And I don't even have the pleasure of expressing it as an upgrade, it just looks like a nerf! And at the end of it all so much effort to be heard so that they do nothing and discard the thoughts of others? woo kabam what a lot of attention you give to your community!

How exactly is that hostile? It was direct. It just wasn't what some people wanted to hear. Feedback is always encouraged. That doesn’t mean it's threatening if they don't comply.
    I’m sorry but I couldn’t let that one go unchallenged. Feedback IS NOT always encouraged. It’s a nice phrase you used and paints a good picture on how the forum should be run. But there are many visitors here now, myself included who have post after post removed because the feedback simply isn’t what Kabam want to read. The game is why I come on here, either in a happy mood because I’m enjoying it, or annoyed because of all the chaos, and looking for help.

That help never comes from Kabam, EVER. They are just the babysitters on here, the players are who give them a job.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Diaz1505 said:

@Kerneas If kabam does a survey asking for the opinion of others on the new guillotine update and a crowd or several people tell you that it was wrong and then one of the kabam managers responds that no change will be made and then with what intention they want know if you like the update? with the intention of not listening to the opinions of others and discarding them? that doesn't seem logical.

For future revamps and updates obviously. They listen to what is wrong with Guillotine, so that they don't repeat that mistakes.

From the beginning they never mentioned any intention to fix Guillotine. They didn't even hint at it (as far as I know, you are welcome to prove me wrong with a quote that says otherwise).
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    If they said, "we understand this, but we can't, we don't have the time/resources etc at this point to address the issue properly, because there's a lot going on with quests, christmas stuff, cyber weekend, and we focus on the major bugs", I would have said, ok, understandable, no pressure.
  • Diaz1505Diaz1505 Posts: 31
    @Kerneas

If you look at the conversation threads, Kabam Mike opens the thread: (Guillotine, a community choice champion, and nerf? Are you happy with this perk?) It's clear that the intent behind the poll is to know what areas he's in. the problem. to see if it can be solved. It is not necessary to write a complete text of what you think to understand the expressions or intentions through questions and arguments. (This is called expressing ideas.)

Second, what is the function of this forum? Just read someone's comment and get rid of them in the next moment? well, Kabam had better redefine the purpose of the forum from the perspective you want to express.

Third, if you answer: we will consider that in the future. It is a crude way of responding and turning a blind eye to a problem without taking any action to resolve it.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I don’t think the example given is hostile. I think it’s just them stating honestly that despite the communities opinion and well reasoned arguments, they are going to stick with there plans for the Guillotine.

I think it’s ok to point that this type of decision is shortsighted, especially at a time when the general satisfaction for the game is at an incredible low point due to the bugs. But they are probably operating in an environment where the overall state of the game doesn’t impact on individual decisions like this. The problem is, as a player when you ‘feel’ like everything in this game is going in the wrong direction, or is broken everything decision Kabam makes will be seen with extra negativity.

So I don’t think the response is hostile, I just think the the decision overall is poor.

I agree that it's not hostile. It's indifferent.

There's absolutely no reason to have these AMA's if that's going to be the result.

It's putting a mouth piece in front of an angry mob to just to give the appearance of looking like they actually cared.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Man, if THIS is what passes for hostile then the only safe thing to do is ban speaking