**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shut down AQ cycle

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

If it’s too much your leadership should look at running a lesser map for the time being. Iirc in the past they haven’t been able dial it back mid cycle.

This is a cop out excuse. This should never been like this to begin with. So kabam messes up we have to pay for it with lesser rewards? No. Either fix it or shut it down
    Not everyone is facing these issues. If you are struggling everyone else should suffer the loss of experience and rewards? Yeah, dial it back if it’s too much.

What exceptional experience are you having?
    Map 8 doesn’t have these issues and appears map7 as well.
    So your advice to step down and do lower maps is kind of moot since lower maps are the ones facing these problems.
    As the map # increases so does the number of individual lanes/fights required to complete it. By reducing your map you reduce the number of fights individuals need to complete it and you can tackle it as a team.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

They should know by now not to launch new content/changes on the weekend when they aren't around to address the inevitable issues.

AQ is on a cycle. There's no way to avoid that as it's been the norm in the past.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Cant wait for the "our team has been notified and are looking at the problem" message followed by 2 aq revives and 2 healing potions...
    This trial/error of doing things and using actual paying players as their testing subjects is getting OLD....
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Crine60 said:

They should know by now not to launch new content/changes on the weekend when they aren't around to address the inevitable issues.

AQ is on a cycle. There's no way to avoid that as it's been the norm in the past.
    I think he means that schedule the new season to start on a weekday. So basically start it when Day 1 would be a Monday. Or any day other than Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Imo, that would have been better since they have people on board at that time.
    edited November 2021
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

If it’s too much your leadership should look at running a lesser map for the time being. Iirc in the past they haven’t been able dial it back mid cycle.

This is a cop out excuse. This should never been like this to begin with. So kabam messes up we have to pay for it with lesser rewards? No. Either fix it or shut it down
    Not everyone is facing these issues. If you are struggling everyone else should suffer the loss of experience and rewards? Yeah, dial it back if it’s too much.
    That is also a load of you know what. Everyone that is running map 6 and lower is having the issues. Maybe open your eyes and look on forums or line chats it’s all over
    Dial it back a map then there are less lanes and more wiggle room. I’d like to be able to complete an AQ cycle to know what is needed for map 8. If Kabam can’t/won’t do anything it’s your only option if it’s too much.
    Then goto a map8 alliance duh. Tell me oh wise one. Why does mini bosses have over 100k health then main boss? Don’t see an issue there?
    I didn’t deny there wasn’t an issue, I offered options to deal with those issues if nothing will/can be done. Stop putting words in my mouth and Take your trolling elsewhere.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    I still waiting for coat hanger to explain why minis have more health then main boss. Well mr oh wise one?

Jeal79 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement to say it has affected all maps from 6 and below. I have an alt account on map 3 and haven't encountered any problems.

Umm but you're an experienced player right? So you can handle stuff that is a bit above your alt level. It's like how Lags and BG do Cav EQ on new accounts in a week. Just because they can, doesn't mean new players can.
    I run Map 7 and this doesn't affect me, but I've seen it affect lower ranked players on my alt.

Graves_3 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

What exceptional experience are you having?
    Map 8 doesn’t have these issues and appears map7 as well.
    So your advice to step down and do lower maps is kind of moot since lower maps are the ones facing these problems.
    As the map # increases so does the number of individual lanes/fights required to complete it. By reducing your map you reduce the number of fights individuals need to complete it and you can tackle it as a team.
    And then they get even lesser rewards. And the drop from Map 6 to Map 5 isn't much. In fact the difficulty they're facing is pretty much the same in some aspects.
    That an assumption, if people aren’t completing the map at higher levels you’re going to pull ahead of them.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    @KnightZero
    So you know of people who are reporting map 3 as busted?

I might be an experienced player but I wasn't referring to how easy I find the map in general, I was explaining I've seen no obvious change in difficulty from prior weeks when I ran it. New miniboss & boss combinations but no change in difficulty (Att values & Health pools) as far as I can tell
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

That is also a load of you know what. Everyone that is running map 6 and lower is having the issues. Maybe open your eyes and look on forums or line chats it’s all over
    Dial it back a map then there are less lanes and more wiggle room. I’d like to be able to complete an AQ cycle to know what is needed for map 8. If Kabam can’t/won’t do anything it’s your only option if it’s too much.
    Then goto a map8 alliance duh. Tell me oh wise one. Why does mini bosses have over 100k health then main boss? Don’t see an issue there?
    I didn’t deny there wasn’t an issue, I offered options to deal with those issues if nothing will/can be done. Stop putting words in my mouth and Take your trolling elsewhere.
    Take your trolling elsewhere dude cause you have zero sense how business work. I do cause I worked on computers that run 24/7. Again if you have a product that runs 24/7 you have staff there or in call to answer issues. You put out new product you have people there or on call. It’s trolling to say that kabam states all lower maps where not to be touched but mini and main. Yet isn’t the case. This is a kabam issue. Players should not have to lower what they do cause a company did not put out the right product. It is up to the company to fix the issue
    What does that have to do with anything I said? Ffs just go away.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

@KnightZero
    So you know of people who are reporting map 3 as busted?

I might be an experienced player but I wasn't referring to how easy I find the map in general, I was explaining I've seen no obvious change in difficulty from prior weeks when I ran it. New miniboss & boss combinations but no change in difficulty (Att values & Health pools) as far as I can tell

Most of the people on the forums aren't lower levels.
    For newer players running Map 1/2 etc, won't diminishing returns mess up their attack etc if using 4* vs 6*? And a PI increase definitely means attack and health increase and I've seen PI increase in the Map. Map 2 atleast
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Take your trolling elsewhere dude cause you have zero sense how business work. I do cause I worked on computers that run 24/7. Again if you have a product that runs 24/7 you have staff there or in call to answer issues. You put out new product you have people there or on call. It’s trolling to say that kabam states all lower maps where not to be touched but mini and main. Yet isn’t the case. This is a kabam issue. Players should not have to lower what they do cause a company did not put out the right product. It is up to the company to fix the issue
    You’re defending kabam when they didn’t keep their word yet you tell me to go away? Maybe you should
    Once again you’re putting words in my mouth. Move on troll.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

The forums are not customer support...
    This are community managers...
    And to top of it.. there was posts being erased last night.. so they were present when all the AQ issues were being posted...
    TyEdge said:

Is anyone else surprised that CoatHang3r is opposed to aborting this AQ cycle? Not what I expected.
    IKR, someone wants to be able to finish what they started, while being able to make adjustments to account for new content. Shocking.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Whatever it you, let's stop derailing the thread from it's main objective.

Agreed. Contention just justifies shutting the thread down.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Shhhh. Kabam says mums the word
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Rookiie said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

You’re defending kabam when they didn’t keep their word yet you tell me to go away? Maybe you should
    Once again you’re putting words in my mouth. Move on troll.
    So tell me how kabam is wrong? After all your fix is for players and alliances to lower map. When kabam STATED maps 7 and lower wherent touch. I’d like to see your response to this

Dude, can you please lay off the guy?
    All he said was dial the map difficulty down for the time being until Kabam address the issue.
    That’s all.
    No I won’t cause his answer is completely wrong. That’s like me buying a new phone that don’t work and his fix is for me to goto a flip phone…again players or consumers should not have to lower anything cause a company put out the wrong product. It’s the business responsibility to fix the issue. That’s business 101
    You’re right. It is Kabam’s responsibility to fix it. Nobody is doubting that. He is just offering an interim solution. You don’t need to take it. Just leave it.
    Whoooosahhhh
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Is anyone else surprised that CoatHang3r is opposed to aborting this AQ cycle? Not what I expected.
    IKR, someone wants to be able to finish what they started, while being able to make adjustments to account for new content. Shocking.
    I guess as far as summoners being able to undertake content, you’re pro choice. That makes more sense. My first guess would’ve been that you’d rather scrape out a resolution and be done with it.