**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The recent direction of content design and the game in general

Comments

• CMM_SimpCMM_Simp Posts: 5
    Sad that ur Quitting WNP. But I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one with Map 8 Ai issues. Hopefully u get back in if things get better
    Good luck!
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    WNP is one of us
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Shame to see you go mate

Denslo500 said:

To be fair to Kabam, a vocal set of end game players had 2 main complaints in the past (per forum posts):
    1) Content was too easy
    2) Champ progress was too fast. (i.e. the outcry when 6* were released)

It appears that Kabam listened.

Annoying doesn't equate to difficult.
    What content have you considered “difficult” but enjoyed?

Siliyo said:

Denslo500 said:

To be fair to Kabam, a vocal set of end game players had 2 main complaints in the past (per forum posts):
    1) Content was too easy

Summer of Pain and the Grandmaster's Guantlet we're excellent. Some of the non Paradox parts of 7.3, including most of the bosses, and definitely Kang were fun though I don't consider most of Act 7 difficult really. I enjoy alliance war even though High Ground is a joke of a defensive tactic and is basically just a potion tax.

Having tiny little windows to do damage in timed fights with a passive AI that will just wait until the window closes isn't fun or interesting. It's just annoying.
    What constitutes “difficult” and “fun” content for you?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Denslo500 said:

1) Content was too easy

Summer of Pain and the Grandmaster's Guantlet we're excellent. Some of the non Paradox parts of 7.3, including most of the bosses, and definitely Kang were fun though I don't consider most of Act 7 difficult really. I enjoy alliance war even though High Ground is a joke of a defensive tactic and is basically just a potion tax.

Having tiny little windows to do damage in timed fights with a passive AI that will just wait until the window closes isn't fun or interesting. It's just annoying.
    What constitutes “difficult” and “fun” content for you?
    I'm fine with fights that make you choose non standard options or change playstyles but when windows get shrunk down to tiny windows that rely on absolute AI cooperation or massively punish accidental inputs when the entire input timing system doesn't actually work, it's not fun or interesting.

Having to rely on the AI doing things as simple as attacking or using a special when they should only to have a damage window slam shut when they don't or spending 75% of a fight doing basically no damage at all (the Pull/Flux dispersal shared fights in map 8 have two separate damage reductions in a fight that's timed to 3min) gets old incredibly fast.

I'm horrendous at remembering specific paths/fights so I don't have lists of examples of things I enjoyed besides the Guantlet and SoP, but they've made good content in the past. I just have no interest in dealing with this current trend of adding "difficulty".
    This is especially vexing recently (past 24 hours) - so counterintuitive in addition to the 3 min timer. I cannot wait to see how it goes with mods added...
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    As for those mentioning not being overly rushed to take a champ up to R4: I agree. I am not hyped about that myself. At all. If I can (and I’m close), I probably will, but bar the prestige boost if you take, say, Doom up, it seems inconsequential. And being in a semi-retired alliance, prestige is the least of my worries. With much of the contest becoming more restrictive again – either because of specific champ requirements, like in V8, and/or because damage output is forbidden by fun and interactive nodes – the bump doesn’t have much real life consequences.

Sure, if I took up BWCV to rank 4, I might not time out to an AQ map 2 (!) Beast mini, like I did again today – a whopping 150 hits in – with my R3. However, I rather doubt that’s the right incentive. Also, even a rank 4 champ won’t clear content that (I don’t imply malice aforethought) seems to specifically play into the myriad of bugs players experience. Such as fights where you have to intercept/parry to be able to clear corresponding prompts. I dunno. If solo competitive doesn’t spice thing up, I can’t see myself playing this time next year. Let alone spending.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Map 5 was fun until this week and then hello 340k health, 20k attack torch, with 15% Regen buffet on day 3 and all named champion defenders 5/65 6* so taking 25% damage reduction sure to Challenger rating. So now I have Alli chat filled with grumbles again and a bunch of 11k to 12.5k prestige people wondering if it all is worth it anymore.

Not sure what you mean here: challenge rating doesn’t directly reduce your damage.

Torch is getting … interesting on Map 5 though. I’ve taken all of them so far, and while it is within my skill and roster limits (barely), I suspect weaker players are cursing the heck out of that guy, and probably wondering what’s even killing them (my guess, going nova super quick and removing all your block in the process is something most haven’t seen in-game before).
    (Challenge rating reduces your chance to crit and a 5/65 six star defenders, means a 5/65 five star attacker crits less. Add to that a 5/65 six star has more armour and yes, damage reduces. So does challenge rating directly reduce damage? No....

But... Fighting a 5/65 six star, compared to a 5/65 five star, does reduce damage output of your attacker.)

Agreed on torch. It's not that it's just not fun.... We don't run map 5 as a bunch of people with average prestige of 11k, to have a serious challenge, that needs specific counters from a number of players as a just in case.

War does that. To a degree EQ does that if you are doing a section of it, or SQ.

Kabam so badly misreading the room on AQ and why 99.9% of players play it and hugely cranking up the labouriousness of it all, just rang true to WnP's post.