**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AI Tweaks and the Effectiveness of Taunt

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
This is, of course, purely anecdotal, but I’m finding the passive AI resistant to taunt debuffs as well. A recent case in point would be the current SQ, where Guardian’s taunt seems to me to be ineffective more times than not at getting the AI to drop its specials. She-Hulk taunt has similarly been less successful for me.

There’s ample complaining about the passive AI—but I’m concerned that the taunt debuff interaction also seems to be less effective under the current AI.

Anyone else finding this? Is there any way we could get an official comment on what some of us see in the most current AI behavior? Have there been intentional changes, or is this unintended?

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,066 ★★★★★
    I’ve noticed this too. I was playing around with spam in act 7. The ai there should be fairly aggressive, but they wouldn’t throw their specials even while taunted.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    I haven't been playing much but I've noticed this as well. If I go for a light intercept and it doesnt connect most times I have time to either dash back or block, but the AI punishes very quickly. Also easy to get intercepted during a medium intercept attempt. I've quit out of Cav eq a couple times just because of champs not throwing their specials.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Any word on whether this is being looked into? The AI is behaving so weirdly at the moment
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★

The timing of Green Goblin's SP2 is even worse, because you need to predict when he's going to throw it. You can only dodge his Sp2 if you dash back, and then he throws his special which you will dex. But since baiting is so much harder, and the AI throws specials at very irregular places, he will very often just throw it towards the end of your dex, catching you completely out - no chance to dex again since your first dex animation isn't over.

I agree, the 'feel' is AI is more passive; even using She-hulk with 2-3 Furies.

My main take-home from this thread, though, is a feeling of relief that other people are finding GG's SP2 as difficult to Dex as I do...
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I feel like sometimes you get an all or nothing AI from the get go and there’s nothing you can do about it except die.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    DrZola said:

Honestly, it is hard to escape the belief that the game has gotten away from the people remaining on the team. I realize there’s a lot to fix—game engine in particular—but the combined effect of everything just feels too overwhelming.

There’s supposed to be a memory leak update Oct/Nov if I recall correctly. AI behavior is strangely passive. AQ is janky for quite a few maps this week. Variant 8 was buggy. That’s just top of mind for me at this moment.

I don’t envy the team the task ahead of them. And I do think Kabam Boo is trying to make the best of a bad situation (so I don’t blame her or Miike for not being able to provide resolution or answers). But I do think the parts of the team that know what’s going on should arm Boo and Miike with a little more info. As it stands now, most of the official responses to issues don’t inspire my confidence.

Dr. Zola

From a purely business stand point. I think that the mods fall into a fairly predictable pattern. It's not fair of us, as a community to expect immediate answers on every bug that crops up, sometimes all too often. They are mods, not devs.
    That said, a more proactive (hate that word) approach to the situations that do happen seems in order. They seem to disappear sometimes to get an official word/update?!? I don't know why, but it feels off-putting.
    If a customer (internal or external) asks me a question, I do my best to get a prompt response. If can't, then I promise to get back to them in a specified time, regardless if I have an answer or not, then give a new time/date, just to let them know I am still working on it. Then I actually do that. More communication would be a great start to try to regain some trust from the playerbase. My two cents.