**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    They’ll update glory rewards sometime maybe after the next map update

You(kabaam) says it’s diff ppl for design vrs,other so give a realistic answer to why. They can’t be updated at same time it just sounds like we(you) don’t care

Edit: hello to jail
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Piviot said:

They’ll update glory rewards sometime maybe after the next map update

You(kabaam) says it’s diff ppl for design vrs,other so give a realistic answer to why. They can’t be updated at same time it just sounds like we(you) don’t care

Edit: hello to jail

They said midseason. Like months away.
  • kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 422 ★★★
    L1 Alliance revive in loyalty store please
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Also, if you want to make us deal with Mercy node we need more time on the clock.
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 341 ★★★
    Does an increase in AQ difficulty equal an increase in rewards??
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Let’s not send any more compensation out unless going to increase our inventory…

Some of us are running map 8, have planes it properly and are not burning items.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

Monk1 said:

Let’s not send any more compensation out unless going to increase our inventory…

Some of us are running map 8, have planes it properly and are not burning items.

Compensation is for those affected. If you aren't being affected, then you don't need it. But others might. And anyone running Map 6 and below deserves compensation for the bs they have had to face.
    Agree for first couple of days when unknown error.

Anyone still playing lower maps now when known issues is stupid.

Just start map 7 or 8 and even if don’t finish it is better than burning items on broken content
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Compensation is for those affected. If you aren't being affected, then you don't need it. But others might. And anyone running Map 6 and below deserves compensation for the bs they have had to face.
    Agree for first couple of days when unknown error.

Anyone still playing lower maps now when known issues is stupid.

Just start map 7 or 8 and even if don’t finish it is better than burning items on broken content
    What? How do you expect people doing Map 4 or Map 5 to start Map 7? The nodes are way harder and actual planning is needed. Your suggestion makes no sense.
    All they can do is drop down the Map. And lose rewards.
  • CursedwingsCursedwings Posts: 2
    They have already said they are sending out something. It will probably be a couple of small revives and small hills. It won’t be anywhere near what we have all wasted.
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    I have a problem with Human Torch as the mini boss. He is over powered on map 5. I bring in Void 5* r5 max sig and if I miss one block I lose 80% of my health after his 5 hit combo. The parry issue is a big problem here and is missed a lot. I need to try for parry since hitting my block does enough damage that I would lose half my health in one fight against HT if I just block and do not parry. I seem to recall this problem coming up previously but perhaps I am mistaken.
  • emsehven2emsehven2 Posts: 4
    pls have longer timers for map 8 since the ai is too passive
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Aaaand there's a little problem, modifiers are bugged too, we picked different mods but we got other BG mod.
  • Fifit76Fifit76 Posts: 3
    hello. I'm doing a buffed up path on map 8. after defeating venom I should get this cross fight

and I got this one

and the opponent was getting vigillance buff, not me
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    Yup. Day 4 map 5 and HT kills my 5* r5 duped Void and all I do is block his specials. He is over powered! Plus that annoying dex/parry problem is annoying when you really need to parry.
  • AZOG_AZOG_ Posts: 25
    You are taking away our pleasure of playing this game
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★
    Fifit76 said:

hello. I'm doing a buffed up path on map 8. after defeating venom I should get this cross fight

and I got this one

and the opponent was getting vigillance buff, not me

I noticed I had that cross fight too after that double buffed up lane as well. Didn't matter tons since I have found the crossfights to be completely worthless, but if we are going to have them it might be good to actually get the one that is supposed to be for the lane you are taking.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    Will you be opening a feedback thread for Map 8 after Day 5 begins/ends? I have some feedback related to paths and nodes I've faced, along with some general thoughts that I would like to share somewhere dedicated to Map 8 Feedback, specifically.

Not that I am trying to lessen the problems Alliances are facing on lower level maps, but a dedicated space to discuss Map 8 would be more beneficial overall than trying to sort through the ether of discussions surrounding all maps.

That being said, here are my thoughts so far:
    • Combining PULL, Flux Dispersal, and Right Back At It for every single shared/linked fight to Nimrod in section 1 is too much. There aren't enough champions that can easily and frequently use projectile attacks to do enough damage in the time that is given. Given the need for counters in other sections, these fights are more difficult and annoying than anything else. If you want to keep PULL, that is fine, but I think you should make a choice between Flux Dispersal and Right Back At It.
    • Silver Surfer on Path 4 of Section 1 is just kind of...mean? He's immune to shock damage even though the debuff stacks on him, and it even helps him hit harder. I understand that Map 8 is not supposed to be a walk in the park, but when I can easily take down Black Panther or She-Hulk in one fight, to timing out against Silver Surfer in the next? Just feels a little unbalanced to me.
    • Speaking of these paths that benefit from using Shock damage - The Hulk fight on Path 4 of Section 2 also feels just a little unbalanced in terms of difficulty. With the opportunity to go passively Unstoppable with his SMASH mechanic, you can be in complete control of the fight when suddenly mid-intercept he goes Unstoppable and then the fight is over, because he just completely pummeled you into the ground. I rather enjoy the other two fights on this path, but this one is totally hit or miss.
    • Boss Killer Cross Fights: Really cool concept, but also really unfortunate that they are only for 1 single fight. It's designed to help make the bosses easier to fight (in this case I am specifically talking about Peni Parker and Spider-Man 2099) but it also punishes you if you are unable to solo the fight, because then nobody else can make use of it. It would be nice if the Boss Killer Cross fights could act more like a Pre-Fight ability that can be applied at fight start - like Magneto(House of X) and his Guidance Pre-Fight. Once it's been applied, it sticks until the opponent has been defeated. It doesn't even have to stick around permanently either - give it a 3-4 fight duration until it expires. I don't know if this is mechanically possible but I think it would be more useful for taking down the final bosses of the quest than forcing one player to get them down in one go.
    • Fight durations: There are some paths that are easier than others, but there definitely paths out there that are not conducive to the amount of time we have per fight. I've watched players in my alliance fight the full duration of a fight (that's 3 minutes) and still have to go back in to finish up. Longer timers on these fights would help make these paths feel like less of a chore and remove the almost forced item use from timing out and losing half of your health.
    I hope that these comments find themselves somewhere useful. If there ends up being a discussion thread surrounding Map 8, I will re-post them there.
    Another miss on compensation. Extra items and map crystals weren’t the answer. Glory was. Sigh.
  • IcedbobcarIcedbobcar Posts: 13
    I think enough is enough.
    We should All make a lockout and lockout of the game untill kabam can come up with a better solution than keep giving us these sorry but the bug is not fixed yet packet..
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Did we just get a slap to the face or what

Lol

Did we just get a slap to the face or what

They said they would give you something. They gave you something. Always reliable to stand by their word.