**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam never learns [Hawkeye Buff]

Comments

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,248 ★★★★
    The perfect release will be another skill summoners need to get used to.. so after firing sp1 or sp2, we need to hold down a button before releasing to get perfect release.. will it be good or will it be bad.. only way is to get hands on when buff becomes live.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Magonus said:

@Colonaut123 I really liked your original post here in terms of thoroughness and how well written it was. Full marks for that.

Thanks @Magonus!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

😂, I was waiting on this
    Imma give you a "Touche'"
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I wish when you slowed down time with the perfect release mechanic - you could choose which debuff your arrow was going to inflict.

Slow down time and scroll to incinerate or bleed or rupture (whatever). Then release and that’s the debuff. Bleed would be the default.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

I wish when you slowed down time with the perfect release mechanic - you could choose which debuff your arrow was going to inflict.

Slow down time and scroll to incinerate or bleed or rupture (whatever). Then release and that’s the debuff. Bleed would be the default.

I'd say more a "two buttons appear, one with a fire icon, another with a blooddrop icon, press which to activate. Missing this input results in a Rupture arrow being released"
    Terra said:

I'd say more a "two buttons appear, one with a fire icon, another with a blooddrop icon, press which to activate. Missing this input results in a Rupture arrow being released"
    Just saying - that would solve the trick arrow disappointment.

But the guy has a lot going on for him. We haven’t given him a chance yet.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    Maybe there’s a disconnect between our perception of the Marvel characters and theirs.

I think rupture would be perfect debuff to add in. Or shock, incinerate etc. I don’t really see Hawkeye poisoning people
    I dunno. Maybe they just don’t have enough people or time. Some of these buffs really feel like they need more people and more brainstorming. And especially some consultation with the community or ccp, even if only a bit.
    Aldac said:

Maybe there’s a disconnect between our perception of the Marvel characters and theirs.

I think rupture would be perfect debuff to add in. Or shock, incinerate etc. I don’t really see Hawkeye poisoning people

I like the buff on paper and want to use him now. He’s going to counter regen, power control, still doesn’t add buffs to himself without Herc. Evade and unstoppable counter.

And who knows what synergies will come in the future.

The suppression debuff should stack (it doesn’t say max number of stacks), so you theoretically can stack 2 suppression debuffs and now -100% combat power rate.

Seriously? And we’re arguing about 40% vs 25%?

I can’t wait to play him. And hopefully more OG Avengers get buffed.
    Aldac said:

I also don’t think of Hawkeye as a character and think “he’s the master at bleeding people to death”. That would be more appropriate for Ronin. When I think of Hawkeye I think of trick arrows and utility, and above all not missing.

While I agree with this, I’d rather have the suppression and fragility along with one debuff than no suppression and fragility or slow and 3 debuffs that do the same damage. Perhaps a middle ground trade off would have been more Hawkeye accurate - but it is what it is.

I can’t stand that the SP2 is called “incendiary”.

At least change the name
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Aldac said:

I also don’t think of Hawkeye as a character and think “he’s the master at bleeding people to death”. That would be more appropriate for Ronin. When I think of Hawkeye I think of trick arrows and utility, and above all not missing.

While I agree with this, I’d rather have the suppression and fragility along with one debuff than no suppression and fragility or slow and 3 debuffs that do the same damage. Perhaps a middle ground trade off would have been more Hawkeye accurate - but it is what it is.

At least change the name
    I agree with you. The sp2 should apply a incinerate at the very least.

But I think I know why it's called that. Hawkeye was one of the first champions in-game, and if you see his sp2 animation, you can see fire in the small explosion when the arrow hits.
    Terra said:

Aldac said:

At least change the name
    I agree with you. The sp2 should apply a incinerate at the very least.

But I think I know why it's called that. Hawkeye was one of the first champions in-game, and if you see his sp2 animation, you can see fire in the small explosion when the arrow hits.
    Haha. I guess so. Kinda a stretch on that one, though.

All in all I’m excited to be able to use him. If he’s viable I’ll rank up my R2 to R3. What the heck.

Question on the sig ability. Does anything increase with sig #? Reads like the critical rating part is awaken only and you’re good.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

I dunno. Maybe they just don’t have enough people or time. Some of these buffs really feel like they need more people and more brainstorming. And especially some consultation with the community or ccp, even if only a bit.

They've pretty much established it's two people who run the buff program.
    So with no masteries and no synergies:

R5 Hawkeye on SP1 is going to bleed 5780 for 5 seconds. So about 1150 per second for 5 seconds.

Buffed Hawkeye on SP1 with perfect release will bleed for 2370 for 10 seconds. So 237 per second for 10 seconds.

Sounds bad, right? Well, if you hit the dialed in the duration goes up. If you hit into the opponent the duration is paused. Each bleed decreases physical resistance. Critical hits with his sig ability will cause the bleed number to be higher (why are we ignoring this?)

Skillful play is rewarded now with this guy.

So these numbers are not the real numbers. The real damage is hidden under “crit rating”. His damage is going to be going on for a while once you get a show going.
    I do feel invested in this buff in particular as opposed to Guillotine as I’m a fan of the character. I’ve also already taken my 6-star to R2 and I’m choosing to be optimistic about it. I just wish there were some more things added and I’m really hoping the power control is at least as good.
    Aldac said:

I do feel invested in this buff in particular as opposed to Guillotine as I’m a fan of the character. I’ve also already taken my 6-star to R2 and I’m choosing to be optimistic about it. I just wish there were some more things added and I’m really hoping the power control is at least as good.

Would you rather have more debuffs that are less effective or insane bleed damage?

Aldac said:

Yeah that’s what I understood to be the case. I mean I’m glad that anyone is doing it at all, I guess they’re not obliged to update older characters. But the promise to do so was a big part of the roadmap last year, and while I think the programme has been successful overall I do think it would help if there was a bit more consultation when there are changes that are bound to be controversial.

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,248 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    It would be great if kabam added more utility to Hawkeye.. ok so he has bleed and power drain.. but how will he match-up against opponents that passively can't be power controlled and are bleed immune.. it would be awesome if they added other debuff into his kit.. bleed, incinerate, rupture, slow, regen/power gain reversal, armor shatter, weakness.. based on the combo combinations certain debuff are picked..
    Combo Combinations, use SP1, perfect release (select one from two debuff available)
    LL (regen/ power gain reversal)
    MM (bleed/ incinerate)
    LM (rupture/ slow)
    LLM (armor shatter/ weakness)
    MML (shock/ explosion)

I guess that would make him more complicated to play but customizable base on what you want and need.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

The only possible disconnect is on their end when it comes to comic book character abilities, but as several will tell you it's their game and their alternate universe, so it is what they want it to be.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

Aldac said:

That is pretty much an issue but they dont seem to have the staff to do better. No matter how good those two are (and they seem good based on many of the buffs tat have come out) I'm sure that having a few more opinions and a few more angles would make some of the tamer buffs more interesting.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

People really over-exaggerating the fact that he doesn't have more than 2 types of DOT available to him. People wanted a trick arrows-esque mechanic and they didn't get it.

That =/= Buff Bad
    I don’t think anyone’s saying the buff seems bad. There is criticism but I would class most of it as constructive.