**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enjoying this month's Side Quest?

BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
Given the difficulty are the rewards worth it?
What does the community feel about it?

Enjoying this month's Side Quest? 369 votes

Yes
13%
danielmathLeNoirFaineantHort4TendersquadThe_PushSpeedbumpMagrailothosgrud9eEthans8279Monk1LilMaddogHTTotal_Domin01IcsGrecSw0rdMasterHammerbro_64Thunderstruck77GarloCupidrockykostonTexas_11 49 votes
No
81%
BigMoDrZolaBadroseMagicBentonWorld Eaterkconrad37Erza_ScarletRaganatormostlyharmlessnSpity68Vceethe_eradicatorTreoFabiusBRCarnage313XHans_GruberXCristalmanzuffyZeroj2kChewybucca 301 votes
Cant say
5%
VoluntarisGrandOldKaispidey31415926Rbk19RasiloverKerneasGeo10megKillswitch01Adil08xLunatiXxSteel_Ball_RunSwarmOfRavensSuperiorSymbioteValentinos13BuggyDClownQuantumEmperorXVWeenerCiedreAlecFantastic 19 votes

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    I mean, it has not been that crazy for my TB endgame account, but I haven't really tried much with my alt accounts so I couldn't compare there. I like the general design, the rewards are great, but the difficulty (overall numbers like health or attack) could probably be tuned down just a little.

In comparison to many other SQs, this is far simpler and still pretty great rewards. The added difficulty was fun and challenging for me when I didn't have the perfect counter, or when I decided to go through with rotating teams. I like that.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Cant say
    Haven't played it, but I probably wouldn't enjoy it...
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    No

I mean, it has not been that crazy for my TB endgame account, but I haven't really tried much with my alt accounts so I couldn't compare there. I like the general design, the rewards are great, but the difficulty (overall numbers like health or attack) could probably be tuned down just a little.

In comparison to many other SQs, this is far simpler and still pretty great rewards. The added difficulty was fun and challenging for me when I didn't have the perfect counter, or when I decided to go through with rotating teams. I like that.

Rewards are great ? WTF!!
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    No
    Haven’t played it much but what I did play w didn’t have a good difficulty and reward ratio
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Compared to the objectives? Yes please
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    No
    I don’t necessarily think the difficulty is too high or that the rewards are too low but the two together is not a good combination. Raise the rewards or lower the difficulty, either one and this would be a fine SQ.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    No
    I like that its harder but the rewards are rubbish.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    No
    I liked last week's difficulty but I am finding this week a bit too hard for me.

Rewards are also garbage.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Cant say
    I voted "Can't say" because I just have no desire to play it. It has annoying defenders and the exploration wouldn't give me anything (no full crystals really), so I don't spend my time and resources there. It'd still be unfair to say it is bad content tho
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Yes
    Not the hardest for me,

MVPs -

Week 1 - Red Magneto
    Week 2 - Dr Doom / Claire
    Week 3 - Guardian

Didn't even need any other champ, except for maybe a fight here or there.

Rewards can always be more, who doesn't like more rewards 😂
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Yes
    1 quest a week, Yes!
    F those gazillion mind numbing fight objectives.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I've dipped into it but only 100 % week one, haven't been too bothered with the ballache of going into paths with 2 workable champs. I save my boosts for aw.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Yes
    It MIGHT be a bit challenging if you don't have some counters, but overall I didn't find it too difficult.
    The rewards are ok for the amount of time you have to invest in it.
  • Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    No
    Honestly this is one of my least favourite side quests of all time. I think that the rewards to difficulty ratio sucks and unlike some other side quests it has very little to offer when it comes to fun. I know a lot of people have said this but I gave up all hope on it being good when we got wepeon X and Korg on the same path. Hopefully kabam can get themselves back together for next month.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Dash855 said:

Honestly this is one of my least favourite side quests of all time. I think that the rewards to difficulty ratio sucks and unlike some other side quests it has very little to offer when it comes to fun. I know a lot of people have said this but I gave up all hope on it being good when we got wepeon X and Korg on the same path. Hopefully kabam can get themselves back together for next month.

How are they on the same path.. they are not even in the same quest...
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 263 ★★★
    No
    No, but then again I didn't do last months event because I missed the previous month as well. Been a while since I actually enjoyed the side quest stuff, sorry to say.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Yes

Kinda yes, kinda no.

What I like:
    > Repeatable quest with no entry fee/energy cost
    > Can exit/restart if necessary
    > New challenge once a week (vs. getting a dump of new content all at once to try to manage before the end of the month)

What I don't like:
    > Some of the health pools are a bit much, but given its only a few fights per lane, its not terrible
    > New champ gates. Sure its cool we get the 3* version for free, but now this takes up a slot on my team so really I'm using two champs on a team for 66% of the quest
    > Rewards leave a bit to be desired

'Nuff said.
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    No
    It’s just boring. Last month’s side quest was super fun and had amazing rewards and this sq has just been straight up boring
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    No
    i did the first week....it was ok thats about it. tried the second week decided not to touch it again so it gives me more free time
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 501 ★★★
    No
    Unpopular opinion but I liked last times SQ better.
    I liked the difficulty of this month's side quest, but it is kind of bland. I usually explore masters, epic and legendary in the first day of cataclysm being released. Whereas last month I had more fun as I could play every day.

I always prefer side quests where you have content to do every day, not every week.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    No
    So far 100% 3 week SQ. This SQ is highly roster dependent, if you got the right champ (and you have ranked them up) then finishing them within one day is not a problem. Otherwise it is prolonged trial and error process.

If you break down whatever SQ, EQ, Variant, xQ….actually it is just a combination of PvP fight. So it’s all about difficulty vs reward. In this case, the reward is not appealing vs the difficulty imho.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    It’s tough but not unmanageable for me, so I enjoy it.

The effective 2 champs per path for the gates is annoying but it just puts the pressure on to find the right counters
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Absolutely loving it.
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    No
    Rewards are terrible for the level of attack values and nodes. My favorite choice was putting mags on one of the paths for apoc boss. You need a tech attacker for the boss, but almost every good counter doesn’t work on mags. Already had only 2 spots because of the gate, then was down to 1…
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    No
    Rewards are underwhelming for some overtuned fights plus the handicap of using only 2 champs on 2 gated paths and the nodes.
    Hercules' side quest was better event with 10 fights daily for 28 days, it got more reasonable rewards and just right enjoyable difficulty throughout, though tedious for 10 fights per day that time, still it was way better.