**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI champs have become Parry masters

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
I literally just had a fight where the AI did 4(!) parries within less than a minute on me in the same fight

not sure exactly when i first noticed this but it's a recent change. Seems the AI is able to parry my hits a lot more often than it used to. By itself this wouldn't be a problem but because a lot of higher end content hits like a train this combination makes the game more frustrating and less fun. AI really needs to go back to what it was before....isn't it ironic that AI is able to parry better and a lot of people have the opposite problem with the Parry bugs?

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Where are you getting parried? Larry is a mastery so can only happen in AQ or AW or a specific node that includes parry.

I will say though, in yesterday's AW, hit monkey parried the **** out of me 3 times when he wasn't primal. It was like my stuns we're immediately wiped away before my first medium... Again, not while primal... I never knocked him down. I don't throw specials or heavies against HM unless the node requires it. This was a tier 6, gold 2 war... Nothing crazy.
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99

Where are you getting parried? Larry is a mastery so can only happen in AQ or AW or a specific node that includes parry.

I will say though, in yesterday's AW, hit monkey parried the **** out of me 3 times when he wasn't primal. It was like my stuns we're immediately wiped away before my first medium... Again, not while primal... I never knocked him down. I don't throw specials or heavies against HM unless the node requires it. This was a tier 6, gold 2 war... Nothing crazy.

Tito, Ninja here. It's most likely in arena. I grind arena alot and it happens quite a bit, especially if u're trying to bait and sp and and up in the corner, u're prolly gonna get parried alot. Colossus can parry too in story content so maybe that's a factor as well. I feel like it may be device issues tho, i rarely see it on BG's arena stream if ever so. Or maybe we're just trash idk, he does arena with one hand lol
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    What gets me is that when you parry the AI they will come out of the stun in less than a second and parry you in a middle of a combo ...not on a limber node.
  • I have been parried during arenas even with a heavy attack
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

I have been parried during arenas even with a heavy attack

SyG mastery is nifty sometimes, eh? It's saved my bacon alot
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Parry in arenas was always there, even before bugs.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    I have been getting parried in war pretty frequently lately. There are certain situations in which you should expect to be parried, such as if you take a combo to the face and then try to retaliate immediately. The AI will block. It will be well-timed. You will get rocked. That’s fine and predictable.

What is not fun is when you dash in from across the arena for what you’re expecting to be an attack into block or a landed hit, and the AI just perfectly parries. Like, who taught you how to do that? It just makes what historically has been a safe move into a very risky one.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mj3lnir said:

It has happened to me already several times that I hit while the AI was already blocking and I was parried.

That should be technically impossible

The AI has been watching some re-parry tutorials