**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Map (various) Difficulty [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Crine60 said:

You told us to drop down maps and some people couldn't complete maps because of the problems you caused on AQ. Both of these things caused decreased glory yet we didn't get any in the compensation. Can you explain the rationale for this please?

I have no direct knowledge of what Kabam is thinking with compensation, but to me the logical time to give glory out would be after the AQ week ended so they have an idea of what the overall impact was on players. Did alliances step down, did they shut down AQ completely, did they push on but fail sometimes. Glory is something you earn at the end of the week, and I would expect glory compensation to come out after the results of this AQ week were known.
    I agree with you on that but the problem is Boo said we would be notified when they were giving the compensation and again when they resolve the still stubbornly undefined "issue". She then made a post saying we will get some extra things, and we did, but she failed to specify if this is the compensation she was speaking of originally and is all we are getting or if it was a partial one.

This may or may not be an issue, but we don't know because they aren't communicating clearly and with enough detail or alternatively aren't providing responses to our follow-up questions or concerns about these issues related to the poor communication.
  • kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 422 ★★★
    Hi, Kabam Boo mentioned a little extra in compensation, I think it's fair to say most of us are expecting some glory especially since we're not able to target higher maps from adding those 6* defenders without letting the community know.
    Yeah same. Just double the potions and revives
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Crine60 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

It's the most immediate gesture they could do. The package was already set up, so they could add extra. It's possible they are discussing other options. It hasn't been resolved yet. Still, that doesn't mean it's fair to ignore the efforts they're making. It's one thing to expect standards. It's another to expect perfection and give no leeway in return.

The issue here is the lack of communication from Kabam. If they were more proactive, there would far less outcry from the community
    And they did not add nearly enough compared to what a lot of people lost
    Just curious but how much was lost in your terms?
    As an example- I have 2 people in my BG that normally use zero items (maybe one every few weeks). Both boss killers and skilled players. One finished with 4/15 items the other with 5/15 items. That’s just one day. It’s been similar all 4 days. The compensation is nowhere near enough when you add in the frustration.
    Ok, so next question. If they don't use items, what happened to the stockpile they should have from 2 months worth of comp packages we've been getting each week? If they normally use zero items, shouldn't they have them maxed and in the overflow?
    First off, those are 2 of the better players, so you can imagine the other 8 players are much worse off. Second off, to your point, those resources expire so it’s not like there’s a massive stockpile. Bottom line I have multiple players in my bg that used units they were saving and are ready to leave. Here’s some comments in our chat-

yup, went from going almost using no items daily to using multiple to almost the limit of items every day this week. Not a good look for Kabam once again. Smh

This new AQ is ridiculous. I don't think that compensation they just gave us was enough 😩

Like we have some of our best boss killer level players that clean house in war struggling with non boss fights. That’s how bad it is

This is just from the last day. You can defend them all you want but I guarantee you are in the minority and This isn’t going well for Kabam.
    I'm not defending them. I think there probably should be more and likely will be after the cycle ends.

We've been getting comp for AQ and AW now for a long time. Just trying to see where it all goes.
    Except that we've seen in the past that boycotts at least help to get them to listen and communicate, usually short lived though. If poor performance on sales means cutbacks or job losses that might be enough to light a fire under their a$$ to do better so as to not lose their jobs.
    12.0 was the only boycott to actually work. No other "boycott" actually worked because there wasn't any follow through on the communities side.
    I already know you feel that way but I bet to differ. Last year's, we'll call it threat of, boycott bright about at least good communication and some changes from Kabam. The result was their big roadmap and at least a promise to do better.
    Like I said, only 1 boycott, 12.0.
    Whatever man. You've missed the point entirely. Boycott or not, community outrage making Kabam worry that their bottom line might suffer works. If nobody ever speaks up nothing will ever change.

Get your head out of Kabam's a$$.
    I don't know how many times anyone has to explain this but Kabams bottom line isn't effected by what you spend. Kabam is funded by Netmarble, they're the parent company. Whatever you spend, it goes to them. Netmarble then pays for everything.

We didn't get the dev diaries because of the threat to boycott, we got them because of the feedback people provided to Kabam. The community has done this a few times. One of the other major times is when AW diversity was announced to be removed. Other times are like The Hood and Gully buffs. 12.0 was the one true boycott that worked and rightfully so but mainly only because the game was smaller back then.
    I am confused. You seem to be intentionally misunderstanding the fact that what people are saying, whether they use the name Kabam because they don't know Netmarble owns them or just say Netmarble makes no difference, is that if less money is earned by the game maybe the people cutting the checks will decide to put more in for more/better employees who can improve things with the game so that they can start earning more money off of it again. It also might encourage them to improve their treatment of the players and forum members since that is probably the cheapest/zero cost way to make an immediate impact. If Kabam got to keep the money and had to pay the salaries of hiring more people or if Netmarble gets it and has to pay the same salaries is irrelevant to the concept people are talking about when they suggest not spending as a means of changing things.
    The assertion that they need to jump to our feet because we pay their salaries is Karen-esque. Yes, we have every right to voice our concerns. Yes, we have every right to ask for better communication. Making indignant demands helps no one.
  • Drdoct said:

Honestly the comp is pretty worthless. You get dinged for using revives and health potions in war. Loyalty isn't worth hardly anything except buying a 1000 loyalty crystal every day. The map crystals are for t4b and t4 colored catalyst that really Cav and up have plenty of anyway. It's stupid for the higher map crystals to not have t5b and t5 colored catalyst parts in them.

As a TB, I really am lacking in t4b right now. I need lots more of it. And lots of higher end players need more t4cc, but as selectors not random crystals. It is annoying opening up 30 t4cc crystals for 3 mutant cats.
  • My alliance usually lands around 400 -450 mill...idk if we even make 300mill at this point...I thought we'd get at least 3000 glory to make up the difference. Disappointing to say the least.
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    My alliance has slightly suffered due to the insane difficulty of AQ atm, and I don't feel the last compensation was sufficient enough at ALL to make up for it.

We normally finish around 460 million in AQ, it looks like we're going to finish around 380-390 million.

For a grasp at how insane attack ratings are now, we'll use 7.3.6 as an example.

Here is a 7.3.6 night thrasher's attack rating compared to a regular map 6 lane fight's attack rating and the first ebony maw mini's attack rating

As you can see, the dark hawk lane right has almost 1k more attack rating than a 7.3.6 fight, and the Ebony Baw mini has double the attack rating. This is INSANE and the fact that we didn't get glory in our last package is ridiculous.

I know multiple alliances are going to suffer in AQ due to this. We deserve proper compensation.
  • GladsGlads Posts: 393 ★★★

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

It's the most immediate gesture they could do. The package was already set up, so they could add extra. It's possible they are discussing other options. It hasn't been resolved yet. Still, that doesn't mean it's fair to ignore the efforts they're making. It's one thing to expect standards. It's another to expect perfection and give no leeway in return.

The issue here is the lack of communication from Kabam. If they were more proactive, there would far less outcry from the community
    As an example- I have 2 people in my BG that normally use zero items (maybe one every few weeks). Both boss killers and skilled players. One finished with 4/15 items the other with 5/15 items. That’s just one day. It’s been similar all 4 days. The compensation is nowhere near enough when you add in the frustration.
    Ok, so next question. If they don't use items, what happened to the stockpile they should have from 2 months worth of comp packages we've been getting each week? If they normally use zero items, shouldn't they have them maxed and in the overflow?
    Those other compo packages are for issues kabam still hasn't fix. Different problem, with same problem for kabam can't do anything right at the moment
    There's also the problem that they removed l1 alliance revives from loyalty store that forced players to buy it with 280 glory. I don't think 6 revives are gonna cut it.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that anyone who still plays this game has no expectation of perfection. By virtue of playing despite the consistent missteps and miscalculations of the game team over the past year or whatever, the remaining players give a ton of leeway. The expectation is that the integral, daily gameplay runs properly without added complication or stress, because that's what we play to escape from.
    We all WANT the game to run without complications. Both us and them. We all want the game to run smoothly. Which means they're not in the business of intentionally putting out a faulty product. What I was speaking to, was the demand that because we "pay their salaries", we are entitled to demands. It's a bit callous.

Crine60 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

First off, those are 2 of the better players, so you can imagine the other 8 players are much worse off. Second off, to your point, those resources expire so it’s not like there’s a massive stockpile. Bottom line I have multiple players in my bg that used units they were saving and are ready to leave. Here’s some comments in our chat-

yup, went from going almost using no items daily to using multiple to almost the limit of items every day this week. Not a good look for Kabam once again. Smh

This new AQ is ridiculous. I don't think that compensation they just gave us was enough 😩

Like we have some of our best boss killer level players that clean house in war struggling with non boss fights. That’s how bad it is

This is just from the last day. You can defend them all you want but I guarantee you are in the minority and This isn’t going well for Kabam.
    I'm not defending them. I think there probably should be more and likely will be after the cycle ends.

We've been getting comp for AQ and AW now for a long time. Just trying to see where it all goes.
    Except that we've seen in the past that boycotts at least help to get them to listen and communicate, usually short lived though. If poor performance on sales means cutbacks or job losses that might be enough to light a fire under their a$$ to do better so as to not lose their jobs.
    12.0 was the only boycott to actually work. No other "boycott" actually worked because there wasn't any follow through on the communities side.
    I already know you feel that way but I bet to differ. Last year's, we'll call it threat of, boycott bright about at least good communication and some changes from Kabam. The result was their big roadmap and at least a promise to do better.
    Whatever man. You've missed the point entirely. Boycott or not, community outrage making Kabam worry that their bottom line might suffer works. If nobody ever speaks up nothing will ever change.

I don't know how many times anyone has to explain this but Kabams bottom line isn't effected by what you spend. Kabam is funded by Netmarble, they're the parent company. Whatever you spend, it goes to them. Netmarble then pays for everything.

We didn't get the dev diaries because of the threat to boycott, we got them because of the feedback people provided to Kabam. The community has done this a few times. One of the other major times is when AW diversity was announced to be removed. Other times are like The Hood and Gully buffs. 12.0 was the one true boycott that worked and rightfully so but mainly only because the game was smaller back then.
    I am confused. You seem to be intentionally misunderstanding the fact that what people are saying, whether they use the name Kabam because they don't know Netmarble owns them or just say Netmarble makes no difference, is that if less money is earned by the game maybe the people cutting the checks will decide to put more in for more/better employees who can improve things with the game so that they can start earning more money off of it again. It also might encourage them to improve their treatment of the players and forum members since that is probably the cheapest/zero cost way to make an immediate impact. If Kabam got to keep the money and had to pay the salaries of hiring more people or if Netmarble gets it and has to pay the same salaries is irrelevant to the concept people are talking about when they suggest not spending as a means of changing things.
    The assertion that they need to jump to our feet because we pay their salaries is Karen-esque. Yes, we have every right to voice our concerns. Yes, we have every right to ask for better communication. Making indignant demands helps no one.
    Are you kidding me with calling me a Karen?

First off, I am not suggesting any course of action at all, I was merely attempting to explain my interpretation of what the people who ARE saying people shouldn't spend to get the powers that be's attention are trying to accomplish and the reason they think that course of action makes sense to those who are saying that not spending doesn't help.

Second of all, I never said that Kabam or Netmarble have to "jump to our feet" (I have never heard the concept I think you are expressing phrased that way) or that we pay their salaries. The point I was making was that I believe a lot of people, especially those talking about not spending because of the increasing problems, think things might improve with more resources (time, money, staffing, etc) being put into the game which as I said before I believe is part of the concept people are saying might occur if Kabam/Netmarble see a decrease in player satisfaction registered in one of the main ways they care about..... player spending. They might then be willing to bring on more help to improve things, which actually would be the opposite of what you were basically implying I was threatening because the threat of saying I pay your salary carries the implication that I can stop paying your salary too in addition to the meaning that you should make me happy because of it. This would result in MORE people getting paid by Kabam/Netmarble, not less, so don't put words, meanings and threats in my mouth that I didn't explicitly make.

Lastly, I made ZERO demands and said nothing indignantly so find someone else's post to attack please.
  • NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    Yes! I think Glory ought to be in there
    Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

First off, I am not suggesting any course of action at all, I was merely attempting to explain my interpretation of what the people who ARE saying people shouldn't spend to get the powers that be's attention are trying to accomplish and the reason they think that course of action makes sense to those who are saying that not spending doesn't help.

Second of all, I never said that Kabam or Netmarble have to "jump to our feet" (I have never heard the concept I think you are expressing phrased that way) or that we pay their salaries. The point I was making was that I believe a lot of people, especially those talking about not spending because of the increasing problems, think things might improve with more resources (time, money, staffing, etc) being put into the game which as I said before I believe is part of the concept people are saying might occur if Kabam/Netmarble see a decrease in player satisfaction registered in one of the main ways they care about..... player spending. They might then be willing to bring on more help to improve things, which actually would be the opposite of what you were basically implying I was threatening because the threat of saying I pay your salary carries the implication that I can stop paying your salary too in addition to the meaning that you should make me happy because of it. This would result in MORE people getting paid by Kabam/Netmarble, not less, so don't put words, meanings and threats in my mouth that I didn't explicitly make.

Lastly, I made ZERO demands and said nothing indignantly so find someone else's post to attack please.
    1. I wasn't calling you a Karen. I said the statement was Karen-esque.
    2. The subject which we both were discussing was what I was addressing, not you or your comment personally
    3. Said statements about "paying someone's salary" are what I was commenting on, and my views about the whole assertion that money is the deciding factor in these circumstances, still stand. Spending, or withholding spending, will not make issues be resolved any faster.
    4. Anyone who presumes to claim they pay someone's salary had best be their employer, otherwise such statements are arrogantly false.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that anyone who still plays this game has no expectation of perfection. By virtue of playing despite the consistent missteps and miscalculations of the game team over the past year or whatever, the remaining players give a ton of leeway. The expectation is that the integral, daily gameplay runs properly without added complication or stress, because that's what we play to escape from.
    We all WANT the game to run without complications. Both us and them. We all want the game to run smoothly. Which means they're not in the business of intentionally putting out a faulty product. What I was speaking to, was the demand that because we "pay their salaries", we are entitled to demands. It's a bit callous.
    And also, that's not what you're speaking to in the quote I chose. I chose it specifically because that was the one on topic, rather than trying to change the subject using the kids hip lingo.
    No, you're right. I mixed conversations. I apologize.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    kenadroid said:

Are we talking AQ potions and revives? I'm just trying to understand what they gave extra, if anything. I never paid that close attention to the AQ packages because they are not that valuable anyways.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I agree with it. My ally get to 450m per cycle but due to this sudden change, people faced many difficulty and some even left. We dropped the maps and we are half of the points than we used to
  • JC10100JC10100 Posts: 44
    We havenyt been abe to comlete map 4 at all... mini boss is the pi of season 8 boss without linked nodes... plus its galactus

Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Rwj_2 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Ciedre said:

1. I wasn't calling you a Karen. I said the statement was Karen-esque.
    2. The subject which we both were discussing was what I was addressing, not you or your comment personally
    3. Said statements about "paying someone's salary" are what I was commenting on, and my views about the whole assertion that money is the deciding factor in these circumstances, still stand. Spending, or withholding spending, will not make issues be resolved any faster.
    4. Anyone who presumes to claim they pay someone's salary had best be their employer, otherwise such statements are arrogantly false.
    You are splitting hairs saying you weren't calling me a Karen but that the statement was Karen-esque. Whatever, it's not a big deal, it just seemed a ridiculous overreach for what I said.

I am not sure how you weren't addressing me or my comment yet chose to respond to the specific part of this thread that my comment was the most recent part of using a quote instead of just making your own standalone post in the thread or going off of someone else's post to quote if it wasn't about what I said. I don't quote people's posts to not address what they are saying and I don't know that I have seen many other people do that either.

I have the setting to hide super long quote threads turned on so I may have missed it further back but nowhere in my comment or the comment I was responding to was there any mention of anyone but the employer being the one paying the salaries so again not sure why you would bring up an issue specifically off of my post that wasn't something I said anything about.

Saying spending or not spending doesn't affect the speed at which issues get resolved is not something you can know without insider knowledge of Kabam and Netmarble. It may be the case that they are working with absolutely 100% of the effort they can put in to it but it may also be the case that they also have other priorities at the same time that they have some people spending some time on that could be reallocated if they chose to adjust their priorities. People have been pointing out that they have many vacancies and I think even DNA said something like we would probably be surprised at how few people they actually seem to have working on the game.

You can't know that things couldn't be fixed faster (some, not all obviously) if they had different allocations of resources or if they chose to spend more money on hiring more people to work on the bugs AND to test for bugs in the content they are releasing. How do you know that they already have the maximum number of employees that could possibly work on all the different bugs at the same time? In fact, mods have commented on other posts about different bugs that they have had to be put on the back burner due to the parry and related bugs they have been working on which would show that you are wrong about that in so far as if a decrease in revenue got their attention they might choose to invest more to get the game working better than it has been lately which could involve hiring more people which would enable more work to be done.

Most people on here disagree with most of what you say but you are generally just expressing an opinion. What you said here about the resolution of problems and spending's lack of impact on it sounds like you making an assertion of a fact which is quite likely not correct in the specific scenario you were commenting on.

Most businesses that see a meaningful drop in revenue (and I am not saying that some people not buying these upcoming deals would accomplish that but there is obviously a certain threshold that would be significant enough to get attention) look to find a cause and address it rather than just ignore it or shut down their business so it isn't unreasonable to think if they see people are upset about bugs they will put more money into getting more people to fix them and prevent them in the first place.

It is perfectly logical for people to think that more could be done if Kabam had more resources and that affecting their revenue could affect the resources they are given to address the decline in revenue. Without complete knowledge of Kabam and Netmarble's inner workings and financials you can't make the assertion that this line of thinking is absolutely incorrect, it may or may not be (but most likely it is correct because most businesses can do more if they are given more money to work with and as has been pointed out Kabam isn't running the game off our spending, they get funded by Netmarble who could spend a bit more now to make even more back). I am sure Kabam mods could never admit they aren't adequately funded, or even just could do better with more funding, because it would make them look bad but you have to be being willfully closed minded to not be able to admit the possibility that they could do more with more money from Netmarble.

This is too long already and may be a bit of a mess because it is late and I keep rewriting parts to try to explain my point better so I am done now.

kenadroid said:

Are we talking AQ potions and revives? I'm just trying to understand what they gave extra, if anything. I never paid that close attention to the AQ packages because they are not that valuable anyways.
    They gave us double the usual map crystals and AQ team revives and heals as well as some single AQ revives in the regular AQ/AW compensation mail.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Wasn't the "little extra" the revives and normal potions/energy refills we got?

Give a meter, they want a mile. Sigh
    You chose to give validity to the refusal to spend, and how it affects the company. I responded to that. You can write with as much complexity as you like, but that's the issue we're discussing. If people choose to spend or not, that's entirely their choice. The idea that we have some sort of control over the people they employ is just overinflated.