**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    TyEdge said:

Another miss on compensation. Extra items and map crystals weren’t the answer. Glory was. Sigh.

Why was the answer Glory? Wasn't the idea to replenish the items used? I would say this does that far better than Glory ever could.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

kconrad37 said:

TyEdge said:

Another miss on compensation. Extra items and map crystals weren’t the answer. Glory was. Sigh.

Why was the answer Glory? Wasn't the idea to replenish the items used? I would say this does that far better than Glory ever could.
    It shouldn't have been just glory but it needed to include glory because they said to drop to lower maps, which means less glory, and they would compensate but this doesn't compensate for the potential lost glory.
    Spot on. Perfect answer. They compensated for lost items. They compensated for lost map crystals. They didn’t compensate for lost rank rewards and peak milestones when the remedy they specifically proposed was to drop maps.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    Crine60 said:

kconrad37 said:

TyEdge said:

It shouldn't have been just glory but it needed to include glory because they said to drop to lower maps, which means less glory, and they would compensate but this doesn't compensate for the potential lost glory.
    Oh okay, I didn't know they had said to drop to lower maps.

Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★

Just finished day 1 on map 5. The timer really needs to be extended to 5 minutes. Had to put a 80% thanos down and almost timed out with a r3 apocalypse. This will lead to a situation on day 3/4 where no solos are possible.

TLDR: for gods sake, just increase the timer, wouldn’t break the game

Quick update regarding my assumption - I was correct.

Yesterday was AQ map 5, day 4/5. Thanos Boss had 97% left before i went in. My team was a fully ramped up apocalypse r3, ibom sig 100 r3 and void 5* (for HT only).

First try was with apocalypse. No brag here but I played almost perfectly, never got hit and had the perfect rotation. Timed out at 40%.

Second try with ibom. Finished the fight but had a time out almost again.

I mentioning it again - both very strong r3 champs of the current meta.

If the timer was 5 minutes, i would’ve done the solo with apocalypse but basically you have not enough time. 3 minutes is simply not enough. This thanos was a little under 600k health - in 3 minutes it’s tough.
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115

So just to throw it out there, how long do people on map 5 have to deal with guilly, ht and ms, with thanos? I don't mind the fights but it is totally uninteresting to me. I was hyped for the new season with all the spider based stuff, but then the minis aren't related really, the paths haven't changed at all and the boss doesn't make sense. At least when cyclops got the global it made sense with all the mutants everywhere and his kit was useful for fights like Emma with armor break or rogue with straight up damage. Spiderman vs ht and thanos is weird. It just looks like instead of freshening up the maps you're having a yard sale (boot sale for those of you in the colonies).

Agreed, the global node should align with the minis. Making HT bleed Immune who champs like venom don’t do anything misses the point. Now some folks bring in champs for minis, others for specific lanes (bleed/poison immune - any of the global champs have that?) just bad game design, sigh

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Badass84 said:

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Badass84 said:

If I was gonna use a Chapelle meme, I would’ve gone with Popcopy, personally.
  • IcedbobcarIcedbobcar Posts: 13
    Boycott Kabam.
    All these bug and devs/mods that think its good enough to try and buy us with some revives and potions and some glory.
    I'd say lets Boycott Kabam, its the only way to make Them fix the game. If we dont do it they will just keep treating us like trash. We Are their costumers, some Even Pay for the things in game. Its not right. On a scale from 1-5 costume care is a big fat 1.
    I CAN ONLY HOPE PPL WILL BOYCOTT THE GAME
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Map 8 is a mess.

Timeouts everywhere
    Damage reduction
    Power gain
    Lanes not flexible
    Suicides unfriendly

Each fight is like Peni Parker where we tap dance around the screen waiting for damage windows or stuff to wear off. Can't wait for epic mods to make this worse.

That was not our experience or anyone i know
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Map 8 is a mess.

Timeouts everywhere
    Damage reduction
    Power gain
    Lanes not flexible
    Suicides unfriendly

Each fight is like Peni Parker where we tap dance around the screen waiting for damage windows or stuff to wear off. Can't wait for epic mods to make this worse.

No it was fine for my alliance.
    Not the first day as we had to adapt to the new lanes and nodes but we did it and it was even fun to do.

On the contrary, Map 5 for my second account was horrible
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    This cycle was a nightmare and we finished 20 million points lower than last cycle! It has cost alliances players, it has soured new players. And by the end almost nobody wanted to play it!
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    You’ve been kabammed!!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    kconrad37 said:

Will you be opening a feedback thread for Map 8 after Day 5 begins/ends? I have some feedback related to paths and nodes I've faced, along with some general thoughts that I would like to share somewhere dedicated to Map 8 Feedback, specifically.

Not that I am trying to lessen the problems Alliances are facing on lower level maps, but a dedicated space to discuss Map 8 would be more beneficial overall than trying to sort through the ether of discussions surrounding all maps.

That being said, here are my thoughts so far:

• Combining PULL, Flux Dispersal, and Right Back At It for every single shared/linked fight to Nimrod in section 1 is too much. There aren't enough champions that can easily and frequently use projectile attacks to do enough damage in the time that is given. Given the need for counters in other sections, these fights are more difficult and annoying than anything else. If you want to keep PULL, that is fine, but I think you should make a choice between Flux Dispersal and Right Back At It.
    • Silver Surfer on Path 4 of Section 1 is just kind of...mean? He's immune to shock damage even though the debuff stacks on him, and it even helps him hit harder. I understand that Map 8 is not supposed to be a walk in the park, but when I can easily take down Black Panther or She-Hulk in one fight, to timing out against Silver Surfer in the next? Just feels a little unbalanced to me.
    • Speaking of these paths that benefit from using Shock damage - The Hulk fight on Path 4 of Section 2 also feels just a little unbalanced in terms of difficulty. With the opportunity to go passively Unstoppable with his SMASH mechanic, you can be in complete control of the fight when suddenly mid-intercept he goes Unstoppable and then the fight is over, because he just completely pummeled you into the ground. I rather enjoy the other two fights on this path, but this one is totally hit or miss.
    • Boss Killer Cross Fights: Really cool concept, but also really unfortunate that they are only for 1 single fight. It's designed to help make the bosses easier to fight (in this case I am specifically talking about Peni Parker and Spider-Man 2099) but it also punishes you if you are unable to solo the fight, because then nobody else can make use of it. It would be nice if the Boss Killer Cross fights could act more like a Pre-Fight ability that can be applied at fight start - like Magneto(House of X) and his Guidance Pre-Fight. Once it's been applied, it sticks until the opponent has been defeated. It doesn't even have to stick around permanently either - give it a 3-4 fight duration until it expires. I don't know if this is mechanically possible but I think it would be more useful for taking down the final bosses of the quest than forcing one player to get them down in one go.
    • Fight durations: There are some paths that are easier than others, but there definitely paths out there that are not conducive to the amount of time we have per fight. I've watched players in my alliance fight the full duration of a fight (that's 3 minutes) and still have to go back in to finish up. Longer timers on these fights would help make these paths feel like less of a chore and remove the almost forced item use from timing out and losing half of your health.
    I hope that these comments find themselves somewhere useful. If there ends up being a discussion thread surrounding Map 8, I will re-post them there.
    I agree with this.

I had two accounts run through map 8. I took lanes in all sections. I found that a lot of the nodes consisted of completing tasks to do full damage or waiting out timers to do full damage. I had fun doing the majority of the lanes, except the lane cross fight abilities didn’t help too much which was disappointing.

There was three extremely annoying spots.

1) pull and flux in section 1 felt too much. I’d suggest removing one. Too many times I would parry heavy just to have my AAR mess with the flux charges not dropping but then they are debuff immune and I’m waiting out timers to hit them again.

2) Disstrack lane. I tried multiple different attackers on this lane and found CGR worked best but my original thought was venom except venom couldn’t get bleeds to stack on red skull because of the armor ups. This is where the lane cross fight ability could have been better.

3) Buffed up lane in section 3, now section 2 buffed up lane is great. Everything works well there. Then you get to section 3 and you have defenders that “eventually” get buffs through tasks or time. The cruelty buff they get when you knock them down should stack, this would solve the time issue.

I did enjoy the nimrod fights, I took every nimrod mini the alliance would let me 😂(which was all of them). Peni Parker was okay if you solo’d her with the cross boss ability but if you didn’t then it became really annoying. I’d suggest removing the protection part. While it wasn’t a huge part of it, It was difficult to solo her if the AI was very passive.

I can’t speak about all of the lanes but I felt map 8 was enjoyable and worked well with timing. We probably won’t go back to map 7, but we are concerned about the lack of bonus points from no mods being ran…? This part seemed to have been a no thought from Kabam.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    First week feedback:
    new season after a freaking year or so with same rewards, same map crystals of season 8, all of that for 100 extra glory.
    I don't know what were you guys thinking, but, you better do something about it, ASAP!!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Stellar said:

thepiggy said:

Map 8 is a mess.

Timeouts everywhere
    Damage reduction
    Power gain
    Lanes not flexible
    Suicides unfriendly

No it was fine for my alliance.
    Not the first day as we had to adapt to the new lanes and nodes but we did it and it was even fun to do.

On the contrary, Map 5 for my second account was horrible
    As an actual map 8 player I liked map 8. I actually think its easier than map 7 with epic mods. The problem is the passive AI which causes the time outs. Also, the unnecessary damage reduction. Those should be easy fixes for Kabam and they should implement the change asap.

Oh and map 8 crystals stink. Its a not much of an upgrade from map 7 crystsls which is disappointing. They need a buff for sure with t3 alpha and t6 basic shards.
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    I'll throw some more feedback on Map 8 out there:
    • Almost every person who ran Map 8 that I've spoken to had something to say about how passive the AI was. It would turtle up, walk at you and just generally be uncooperative. Combined with some of the node/defender combinations, the passive AI made the 3-minute time limit seem extremely small at times.
    • As others have already mentioned, the PULL!/Flux Dispersal/Right Back At It combination is just... Bad. Your contact attacks are weakened (which is most attacks in the game), you can't hit the opponent without using a Heavy frequently else your damage is awful, and Right Back At It means you can't really play around Flux Dispersal with DOT damage. You're basically left with "good" counters being the (very) small subset of champions which bypass the nodes altogether via additional burst damage on hit (Hercules/iHulk/Guardian etc). This combination would be frustrating enough to plan for as an individual path, let alone as shared fights that you somehow have to plan for in addition to your actual assigned path.
    • Section 2: Overclocked/Power From Afar/Aggression Prowess: with the aforementioned passive AI, this path felt really bad to play. You need to be aggressive to keep close/their prowess in control, but the opponent would just sit there and turtle up as you tried your hardest to bait a special. There is almost zero control in the hands of the player with the AI/node combination. Power From Afar is an awful node generally for taking away player control, made a lot worse here. Not to mention Overclocked hugely restricting your choice unless you want to try pushing s*** uphill using a champ of a different class (e.g. Doom). There's really only one actual reliable counter to this whole path (Guillotine 2099), but even then sometimes the AI just takes control of the fight out of your hands altogether. The Cross-Fight isn't as useful as it could be either... I think it needs some way of reducing the opponent's power gain somehow; increasing your own power gain helped cycle G99 SP1s, but it still wasn't super reliable.
    • Cross-Fights: generally speaking, I didn't think these were really all that useful. Not sure if this is one of those "do it conservatively to start" things, but they didn't feel all that impactful. And also, if you stuff up and were reliant on the Cross-Fight to complete your path, well tough -- it only lasts for a certain number of fights and one mistake could mean the difference between success and failure/massive item use. I think only allowing one champion to benefit from them is also a bad idea -- it would be much less stuff to manage if the beneficial effect was just another Local Node. I think generally that the Cross-Fights are just overcomplicating things.
  • AZOG_AZOG_ Posts: 25
    Q: Where are our compensation (glory as minimun) for the last bugged AQ cycle?

A: ...
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    They haven't even confirmed it was bugged. For all we know it will be exactly the same next cycle.
  • SKIRMISHERSKIRMISHER Posts: 32
    Are we having a week off now. 8 days till set up phase🤷‍♂️
  • RookM1RookM1 Posts: 47

Looks like it, no idea what’s going on…would be nice to know though.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    RookM1 said:

Looks like it, no idea what’s going on…would be nice to know though.
    Wasn't that the same thing that happened last week before the launch of the new AQ and they had to go in and fix the start time at the last minute?
  • kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 422 ★★★
    So are we having a week off or not?
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    The clock has been changed and the presetting is available now.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    So nothing has been resolved, more compensation after this week? I didn’t mind map 8, but there were glaring issues that needed some attention and mostly it was around how the AI was passive. The nodes can always be worked on later or if worse case left as is I’m sure people will adapt quickly. But the AI is poor design rn.