**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Death Matches.

laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
Has anyone started getting death matches in arena today? It just started happening and my win streak is well over 100 both in featured and basic.

In the featured arena when using a team of all the champs being 6*r1 I'm getting opponent teams of (1) 6*R4 and (2) 6*r3.

In the basic arena I'm using a team of all 5*r4. And getting teams that are all 6*r1 and higher.

Thus hasn't happened once since the arena changed to a featured and basic. I've had streaks up to around 670 using champs as low as all 5*r2 and never had this happen.

It didn't happen in the beginning of the current arena cycle. It just started happening roughly and hour ago.

An example is shown.

Comments

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,453 ★★★★

The previous post had the basic with 5*r4. And this is in the featured with all 6*r1.
  • Arbrowe91Arbrowe91 Posts: 33
    Im going to assume with r4 in circulation its changed the rank requirements to do arena moving it to 1 r5 and 2 r4 5* or 1 r2 and 2 r1 6*
    Its always happened this way with infinite streaks as far as I know
  • FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
    Happened to me at wins 196 and 197 in the featured 6* arena. I was using a 4/55 five star and two rank 1 six stars. That combination has always worked in the past. I win the first death match but lost the second because of the parry/dex issues.

If this is the new arena meta because of rank 4 six stars then I’m done with this game. Won’t be spending any money this weekend unless Kabam confirms that they have fixed the arena. The arena is the only thing keeping me playing the game.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    FabiusBR said:

Happened to me at wins 196 and 197 in the featured 6* arena. I was using a 4/55 five star and two rank 1 six stars. That combination has always worked in the past. I win the first death match but lost the second because of the parry/dex issues.

If this is the new arena meta because of rank 4 six stars then I’m done with this game. Won’t be spending any money this weekend unless Kabam confirms that they have fixed the arena. The arena is the only thing keeping me playing the game.

You keep saying the same thing. An empty threat to quit does nothing.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    I had the same issue

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    That is pretty sad that a team of 4/55 and/or r1 are no longer safe. All that is left of arena is for people to refresh theirs r3/4 team and the BOTs.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    They're only double your levels, isn't that hard

They're only double your levels, isn't that hard

It's more time consuming and annoying tbh. Arena is already a grind, more focus just makes it worse
    This is 100% the issue. It is still easy to keep your streak alive it just takes so long and involves baiting many enemy specials. Normally while running suicides 99% of fights end by the time you get to and use a sp1.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★

Had them 2 in a row, didn't fight them because I didn't want to lose my multiplier.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    they promised they will remove death matches from arenas in dev diaries and now it's getting worse. @Kabam Miike
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

Had them 2 in a row, didn't fight them because I didn't want to lose my multiplier.

If you are getting kang or thanos team, that is not hard. Also, it mean you haven’t pass streak 15 yet.
    I just played through my entire 6* roster and all 5* through rank 3 and not 1 deathmatch in the basic. Was yesterday an anomaly? Did they change it and switch back? Transparency would be nice.
  • Darklord60Darklord60 Posts: 31
    Alliance quest with high pi has follwed into arena with a double up on pi rating matchups,,,just another bug growing in a long list of bugs this game will never get a fix,,,too much wrong now for any fix I feel,,now arena bugged out,,,is there anymore part's of the game left to screw over,,,perhaps cyber weekend itself
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Alliance quest with high pi has follwed into arena with a double up on pi rating matchups,,,just another bug growing in a long list of bugs this game will never get a fix,,,too much wrong now for any fix I feel,,now arena bugged out,,,is there anymore part's of the game left to screw over,,,perhaps cyber weekend itself

I actually contend that the meme of “git gud” has taken on sentience and infected the program of the contest. It will up PI everywhere until it’s demands are met.
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99

TB players might get Uncollected offers instead. Who knows
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    5 r4 or 6 r1 is way better than trying 4 stars against 6 r3 dr doom or g2099

5 r4 or 6 r1 is way better than trying 4 stars against 6 r3 dr doom or g2099

Obviously. However, it is still not the issue. No one is complaining about the fights because they are hard, it's because they are too long.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,206 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

This was last nights BG's stream. Kabam tipped was there and he mentioned that he fixed the arena issue on the spot.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Drake2078 said:

This is literally the first time I have ever seen anyone refer to a Kang/Thanos match as a death match lmao. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Kang/Thanos slog and sometimes intentionally create a "death match" to avoid fighting them as they are boring fights and death matches give better points, but there is no scenario in which Kang/Thanos matches could be described as death matches.

Edit: Just realized you may be referring to the third option. I choose that over Kang/Thanos if I have time to focus, Kang/Thanos if I don't.