**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who is the best champ from 2020?

If you had all maxed out at 5*, had none as a 6, and had a selector and could take any as a 6 star, which would it be?

Who is the best champ from 2020? 167 votes

Apocalypse
61%
danielmathHort4zuffyninexhelixTC1LuciusVorenusBringr_of_Rain1fmussapGK_23Terrathanks4playingDarkrider05SWGOH_MosDefLongshot_33ThatGuyYouSaw235LilMaddogHTcfpreludeMenkentWorknprogressMattMan 102 votes
Professor X
6%
ShaggyMJohnjunior4ScholiaMalreck04GildenlowMorpheus_123Bugmat78ChikelScrubhanChaosMax1012Shady55 11 votes
Cosmic Ghost Rider
17%
New_Noob168Duo_KulioExHavokAanthoTedthebellhopPharted_Rohit_1OGAvengerSoulOfDarknesskLoWnJmille85Jhon_koukSteel_Ball_RunMCOCHazzaŘïdđhįmR1s02Beurky38Cap45Naz_786Zippy_halligan 29 votes
Spider-Ham
1%
Foxhero007cx23433Super_Gamer_Boy518 3 votes
Sorcerer Supreme
1%
solopoloAckbar67Carracho01 3 votes
Wolverine weapon x
3%
GoddessIliasJuggerNotSkyLord7000Nikunj_95willrun4adonutI_tell_no_tales_1 6 votes
Immortal hulk
0%
Immortal abomination
2%
TatteredSailte_dua_shumFabwiziDkcody42KyriosRais 5 votes
Mole Man
2%
ŁŤÇlaserjohn26BerjibsShenkKabl 5 votes
Guardian
1%
Mets17rockykostonodishika123 3 votes

Comments

• IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    What happened in the last year? I just searched for a year old post and the inverse was true

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/242489/apocalypse-or-cosmic-ghost-rider-r5
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    If I have Apoc and CGR, who should I pick?
  • SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
    Apocalypse
    rivet said:

Apoc. Both are great, of course, but for me, at least, Apoc has the edge.
  • IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    Question for apoc fans - what content does a r3 apoc hep you clear that a r3 CGR would not?

He is a valuable champ for synergies alone. And I used him in the SOP fight against Rogue, the micro realm variant and a few other places.

Obviously CGR is built for abyss, LOL, etc. but when does apoc shine by himself? I have a 6 star AA and Cable, and a r1 6 star apoc and a 5/65 apoc sig 40. I’m wondering if he is ever worth t3ig
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    rivet said:

Moleman
    If u have him as well then Sorcerer Supreme, Ibom or Guardian
    Guardian benefits a lot from high sig though, like CapIW, so choosing him will be a long term investment
    But since u seem like a spender, getting sig stones won't be a big deal fr u
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    IcePick said:

What happened in the last year? I just searched for a year old post and the inverse was true

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/242489/apocalypse-or-cosmic-ghost-rider-r5

Apoc aged better
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Is Wolverine Weapon X really in this Crystal?!
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    Apocalypse
    No he is not in it.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Mole Man
    I played this really badly. My biggest want was moleman. I assumed the 2020 crystal was a selection out of 10. 100% my fault. I did manage to get new nick fury, moleman, Elsa, and duped kingpin, so I was very pleased overall. However if I realized I was guaranteed moleman I would have done things differently.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    Apocalypse
    IcePick said:

Question for apoc fans - what content does a r3 apoc hep you clear that a r3 CGR would not?

He is a valuable champ for synergies alone. And I used him in the SOP fight against Rogue, the micro realm variant and a few other places.

Obviously CGR is built for abyss, LOL, etc. but when does apoc shine by himself? I have a 6 star AA and Cable, and a r1 6 star apoc and a 5/65 apoc sig 40. I’m wondering if he is ever worth t3ig

Idk that cgr is built for those quests, especially with Aegon out there but Apoc is amazing for act 7, act 6, EQ, side quests, basically everything. Apoc, Cable and Fury is by far my main trio for everything.

Apoc being able to go disorient immune is an incredibly unique and valuable utility as is eliminating the opponents purify ability.
  • KØNGKØNG Posts: 33
    DannyB01 said:

Is Wolverine Weapon X really in this Crystal?!

Wondering the same. Technically platpool should be in there. 2020 and all. But I doubt either.
  • Whoever you didn't have, I already got Apoc, BWDO, and all the other good ones, so I went for CGR since I didn't have him
  • Spider-Ham
    I know that apocalypse, professor x, cosmic ghost rider, and some of the others are really good champs. But I think spider ham is my favorite champ in the game. He has a great kit, his animations are awesome, plus, he tells you jokes. It doesn’t get better than that.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    Aged like fine wine
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    I’m really torn between Guardian and CGR. Those are the two who will do the most for my roster, but I just can’t pick one.
  • mattressmattress Posts: 403 ★★
    Apoc. Beastly by himself and a synergy God,per your question to both imo. Some bangers in that group tho. Last year was a good champ pool
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    Hands down it's Apoc ...the impact he has created is unreal !! Single - handedly bumped up the entire class!! Beyond God Tier on his own !! Beyond God Tier synergies !!

THE BIGGEST DRAW IN THIS GAME .
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    Wolverine weapon x
    Weapon x is exclusive
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    I have iAbom, Guardian, Sorcerer Supreme and CGR already, so I would take Apoc, I guess.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    It’s a bit naff that it’s a 2020 crystal, at least for me. I already spent loads last year to get shards for features and pulled CGR, DM, Apoc etc so there’s not a huge amount of value to this crystal.

I can see it’s great for the guys who didn’t have Apoc or are a bit more F2P and want to grind for the 18k units. But for me as a middling spender I think the decision not to go with 2021 is a bit pants.

Then again, 2021 has Hercules, so Kabam would never allow that alongside a generic gem.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Professor X
    Between prof x and apoc. Guardian is also up there, as he also has nice synergies and damage.