**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The hunt for every special Callout

KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★
So I've read multiple easter egg threads on the forums and saw that people were mentioning the callouts certain champions have when fighting other champions, or doing certain actions. So I've decided to try to collect them all. I would like to add screenshots for proof and add what action triggers the callout, or what the callout references.

For example the callouts between Doctor Doom and Namor are a reference from a meme that was created based on a story in Spidey Super Stories #53.

The ones I have found are listed here:
https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/Callouts

I hope you can help me find video's of the missing screenshots and perhaps mention new ones I've missed, as I'm sure this is not everything yet.

Comments

• KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★
    👍🏻 Awesome, I will add it to the list when I am at my computer.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Hazzalec1 said:

I got this one.

There’s also ‘you, me, here, now’ or something with herc, at the start of a fight. Unsure what triggers it, and didn’t quite get a screenshot.

Possibly Wolverine/OML for the You, Me, Here, Now?
    Malreck04 said:

Prof X has a few, one when fighting IMIW, “While you slept…the world changed”

Thanks, I've added them to the list. Hope to find some screenshots for all of those.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Also, I only just noticed the reference column, and I think kitty pryde's line is also from a comic, someone made a post some days ago about the use of the word jerk and people pointed that it was a reference
    Malreck04 said:

Also, I only just noticed the reference column, and I think kitty pryde's line is also from a comic, someone made a post some days ago about the use of the word jerk and people pointed that it was a reference

Yes it's a reference of Uncanny X-Men #168. I've added it in the list.
    Shock29 said:

Mister Negative has a chance to say, “There is no good that I can’t corrupt.” I think it triggers when he converts Light Energy to Dark Energy.

Thanks for this one. I have added it to the list.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    He says a lot of stuff to many champs. You could try him in practice mode if you have him.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    Terra said:

Hazzalec1 said:

I got this one.

There’s also ‘you, me, here, now’ or something with herc, at the start of a fight. Unsure what triggers it, and didn’t quite get a screenshot.

Possibly Wolverine/OML for the You, Me, Here, Now?
    Yes, but it also appears on other champions
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 536 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Chikel said:

Ibom has a rare call out that says "Please help me kill you"
    I have only seen it a few times and don't know what triggers it

Yeah, here’s a thread about it from months ago(I don’t know how I remembered this thread): https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/254808/help-me-kill-you-iabom-2021-easter-egg

It’s got a screenshot as well, though, I’m not entirely sure they found out what triggered it.
    Chikel said:

Ibom has a rare call out that says "Please help me kill you"
    I have only seen it a few times and don't know what triggers it

Thanks for this one, I;ve added it to the list. Also thanks to @Shock29 for profiding the forumpost with the screenshot.
    Diablord said:

One note, The fight me coward, is there for only abbys thing and not regular thing.

Good note, I haven't played Abyss (yet), but what does Ex. in Ex. Thing mean exactly? (I have updated the list)
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Immortal Abomb has a chance to say
    Gotta go fast after his sp1
    @Hazzalec1 awesome, I will add them to the list, when I'm at my computer. Nice one 😀