**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I dont understand the hype about gifting event

GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
From what I read many players are looking foward for the gifting event, some even said it is better than cyber weekend which is totally blowing my mind.

Can you explain why do you love gifting event and what can it bring to you? Because from my experience you will get mostly ISO, gold and tier 2 alpha catalyst from the event at best.

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

It's the pleasure you get from the act of gifting that counts... Duh.

No, it is not. People is grinding their a off for the event, not because they want to gift lol. They only want to give the gift themself.
    No gift for you. Come back one year
    Dont want to argue. Just want to know why do you love it. Because for me the event is totally RNG based you dont know what you will get from the crystal, you have no control over anything while cyber weekend allows you to choose any champ released in 2020 and for lesser deals you can choose to buy 6* crystals or rank up materials.

I went through several gifting events myself and I didnt find it attractive. it is only attractive for the top 1% who will spend real money - and spend a lot - to get top prizes which is not RNG based, the others will only get dissapointment.
    Well seeing as you didn't get my reference, people like the gifting event because of the solo rank rewards. Last year it had some exclusive champions and a 6* awakening gem to name a few of the goodies. The milestones also give you rank up materials and, in theory, this year's should be better than the last one

Also Cyber Weekend can be as RNG based as the gifting event. Only thing you had total control over was the 2020 champ nexus.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its mostly freeloaders that u see in global chat begging for gifts...
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

No, it is not. People is grinding their a off for the event, not because they want to gift lol. They only want to give the gift themself.
    Dont want to argue. Just want to know why do you love it. Because for me the event is totally RNG based you dont know what you will get from the crystal, you have no control over anything while cyber weekend allows you to choose any champ released in 2020 and for lesser deals you can choose to buy 6* crystals or rank up materials.

I went through several gifting events myself and I didnt find it attractive. it is only attractive for the top 1% who will spend real money - and spend a lot - to get top prizes which is not RNG based, the others will only get dissapointment.
    Well seeing as you didn't get my reference, people like the gifting event because of the solo rank rewards. Last year it had some exclusive champions and a 6* awakening gem to name a few of the goodies. The milestones also give you rank up materials and, in theory, this year's should be better than the last one

Also Cyber Weekend can be as RNG based as the gifting event. Only thing you had total control over was the 2020 champ nexus.
    (Cyber weekend also gave you 6* awakening gem.)

You must be a whale, last year I spent 10000 units for the event and did not touch solo rank rewards.
    Thats why I think cyber weekend is much better and gifting event is only good for whale. You get much better deals with cyber weekend with same amount of units.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

You must be a whale, last year I spent 10000 units for the event and did not touch solo rank rewards.
    Thats why I think cyber weekend is much better and gifting event is only good for whale. You get much better deals with cyber weekend with same amount of units.
    I agree. Instead of buying a featured cav crystal, you're buying a GGC. Then it's all RNG. If I want to spend my units, it's better on the 4th of July and Cyber weekend unit offers. At least I have more control of what resources I am buying.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Seemed to me that about 2 gifting events ago was the best one.

Our alliance at the time barely scored in the alliance event and got almost current day level rewards. It was like 8k 5* shards and more. At the time that was basically top reward 😂.

Last year or 2 we scored way higher expecting to get even better reward and ended up with 2k ish 5* shards and more🤬.

The solo event is ok but gets EXPENSIVE. I also don’t understand the hype.

Like anything else in the game, it’s only great when you pull something great. ….how often does that happen?
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

I am not a whale. I have only spent like 200$ in this game. I just like the event for the fun of gifting between alliance mates. If you spent 10k units you sadly got outwhaled by almost everyone in top alliances. Again, people like this event for the "Christmas spirit" at the risk of sounding cheesy. There isn't really that much to it.
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 310 ★★★
    One fun thing I saw the past two years was gifting health potions and revives between alliance mates that were pushing content. They would have spent the units on them anyway, but by gifting back and forth it really bonded the alliance. We were rooting each other on as several of us pushed for cav during the event. It was probably one of my funnest memories of an alliance and the game.

So yeah, for the non whales and end game players, there's a little fun bonding that's possible outside the regular ggc trades.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I hate gifting event, cause my block list will be full of people begging for ggc and scammers who's tagline "trade ggc You send first"
  • aNOOBis235aNOOBis235 Posts: 147

GOTG said:

Ahh you must be the gifting ****.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

I hate gifting event, cause my block list will be full of people begging for ggc and scammers who's tagline "trade ggc You send first"

Just don't use Global, ez
    and I'm saying this having a block list of 1500+ people, and yes I counted once out of boredom. Lots of blank names now
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I preferred gifting when we had the badge permanently and you could help your alliance members out if they needed revives and pots or you just wanted to gift something. As always though the selfish 4ss holes ruined it for everyone because of their criminal activities.
  • SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    I love the gifting event because it brings with it hilarious posts from people getting "scammed" by strangers from around the world. Every year it does not disappoint.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    You have to open a ton of GGCs for it to make much difference on your account. If you have a well developed roster and play high level content, then you won't get as much out of it IMO.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Terra said:

Just don't use Global, ez
    and I'm saying this having a block list of 1500+ people, and yes I counted once out of boredom. Lots of blank names now
    I almost feel sorry for anyone who has to look on Global for trades.

Almost, because Global is more of a nightmare than wherever Knull lives.

Or should that be lived? I don't know.

GOTG said:

Ahh you must be the gifting ****.
    Do you want a gift or not? You are slowing down the line
  • DareMartinDareMartin Posts: 11
    I got my first 3 6-star champions from last year’s gifting event, so I’m looking forward to this one too!
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    Unlimited resources, lots of champion crystals, tons of rank up mats, iso, gold galore. You get lots of good resources and if you get a champ you can easily rank them up because of all the resources. It's like sandbox mode.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    If you are a big spender or big cheater the gifting event can greatly enhance your account !
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    I don’t enjoy mcoc gifting

Bah-Humbug
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

It's easily exploitable with money. That's why you will see lots of P2W players hyped about it

This.
  • gifting is nothing but folks getting their crystal opening fixes by opening steroided cav crystals (ggcs)