**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Has there ever been a better time to create a new account?

MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
So, aside from the annoying bugs and gameplay issues (let’s just get that out of the way) I am thinking that right now is probably the best time ever to create a new account.

Units are plentiful in story content.

Cyber weekend deals will get you a lot of resources. Even if you just get the $5 unit deals you get 4* nexus crystals and awakening gems. Right out the gate!

Plus this month you get a total of four 3* champions just for logging in. You don’t even have to use your 1* or 2* champions for anything. If you buy those $5 unit deals you don’t even have to use your 3* champs.

There are a ton of new solo objectives for new accounts to give you even more resources.

They’re giving out higher map crystals and 3000 glory.

If you’ve thought about creating a mini account for gifting then you should make one very soon. Progressing is VERY quick and easy.

People mad and sour at the state of the game right now will disagree but for all that you get right now? I don’t think you can make the case that there was a better time.

Comments

• MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Case in point:

I created an account 2 nights ago.

I’m level 19.

I have nearly half a million gold.

I have six 4 star champs, four of which would be considered God tier or above.

I’m in Act 4 of story mode.
    Irumili said:

Goodluck hope your alt accounts make the cut for gifting. Pretty sure kabam will fak people in the but by putting ridiculous gifting requirement

Who knows what the cutoff will be but I’m putting in the effort to get this one to uncollected and level 45 by the gifting event. If they make it a progression cutoff then I should fit in.
    I forgot to mention: They also give you the sigil for free.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It's the best time for one currently, especially with a 0 energy side quest. I thought about making one just to run through the game again and not for gifting shenanigans.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

It's the best time for one currently, especially with a 0 energy side quest. I thought about making one just to run through the game again and not for gifting shenanigans.

I've had a similar mentality. I created a new account a few weeks back, I'm actually enjoying the game again. I can flex my creativity to face a problem fight or similar. It's a breath of fresh air, the gifting thing is a side piece. Sitting on 3k units atm
    Terra said:

I've had a similar mentality. I created a new account a few weeks back, I'm actually enjoying the game again. I can flex my creativity to face a problem fight or similar. It's a breath of fresh air, the gifting thing is a side piece. Sitting on 3k units atm
    This too.

The account I described above is my third. I have a TB account with three 6* R3 as well as another Cavalier account that is only a R3 away from TB as well. The issues affecting the game right now are more of an issue for mid to end game players. I’ve lost a lot of focus and desire to play those older accounts. Starting fresh has been more entertaining tbh. Even if I can’t use it for gifting I won’t be upset or regret making it.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Even Rich the man showed that for new players, the game has become very Pro Player and even if you wanted to be free to play, it's giving you a lot of opportunities at resources and it's giving you a lot of opportunities at higher tiered Champions. Granted there are still some issues that need to be worked out especially in terms of better tutelage regarding masteries but for people like us who already had established accounts for a long time, creating an ALT account is very easy and very free to play friendly oh, I wish you the best of luck and expect to hear you clearing the collector in no time flat.

Even Rich the man showed that for new players, the game has become very Pro Player and even if you wanted to be free to play, it's giving you a lot of opportunities at resources and it's giving you a lot of opportunities at higher tiered Champions. Granted there are still some issues that need to be worked out especially in terms of better tutelage regarding masteries but for people like us who already had established accounts for a long time, creating an ALT account is very easy and very free to play friendly oh, I wish you the best of luck and expect to hear you clearing the collector in no time flat.

Thanks, man! I just pulled a 5* SL from the World’s End crystal and just hit level 25. Getting T3B is proving to be a chore, but I can’t complain about how quickly I’ve progressed in 48 hours.

And yes you’re absolutely right. They have made starting fresh very player friendly which was my entire point of this post. A lot of people are just sour at the game in general and will disagree, and that’s fine. But strictly in terms of what they’re giving you this month, I don’t think it has ever been this easy and I’ve been playing 6 years.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Now new players can race to the content that invalidates most their roster! Win/win.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Agreed! Just started a 3rd account 8 days ago and am already at lvl30. Lucked out and pulled a 5* Switch from my first worlds end crystal which was a huge help in cruising through acts 1-3 and running through act 4 currently. Sitting on 3k units for gifting but might continue to play this one even after that ends
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Just for fun and to kill some time I created a new account, used all the free 3 stars to do the first 2 acts then with the units I from doing that got the 2nd cyber weekend bundle.
    Out of the 3 legendary nexus crystals I got a 5 star sentry (not bad) 5 star Killmonger (decent) and a 5 star Colossus (noice).
    Yep 5 stars from all 3.
    So level 15 not even done act 3 yet and have 3 5* stars... pretty good ones as well.
    I was just going to ditch it but now I might keep it going for a bit
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★

Any acc made in November should be banned from gifting

Hahaha, false.
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99
    Irumili said:

Goodluck hope your alt accounts make the cut for gifting. Pretty sure kabam will fak people in the but by putting ridiculous gifting requirement

Lol this comment aged well