**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

December is shaping up to be, well, interesting

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
Side quest will be the same format as December 2020’s with 3 chapters with 2 quests each. You’ll end up with 12 Cavs filled with Spider Man villains and heroes if you do all difficulties. We’re getting Kraven who looks interesting so far. But there are some problems. First, doesn’t look like we’ll be getting the gold or battlechips boost. We might still be, but here’s a screenshot of text from last months announcement that we’re missing from this months.
Next, Root is coming back. Woohoo said no one. I think it could be fun assuming it’s not bugged and could become a main game mechanic. Lastly, gifting is back. And NOTHING has been said about the requirements. Including in the patch notes and the side quest announcement. I think we’ll just wait and see for the first day of gifting and we’ll get mad people and lots of problems. Well, happy holidays!

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Gonna be real disappointing if they just omit the Gold Boost from this year when it's been a recurring thing at least twice a year for years now, with the first one of this year being late summer iirc, and the Anniversary specifically Always having the Boost as far as I'm aware.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Honestly, I was looking forward to December as I’ve found myself just slowly getting burnt out due to unenjoyable events, but seeing the announcement I just feel sceptical now. In terms of actual playable events, it doesn’t feel like there’s much going on in December, and the way side quest difficulty has been tuned recently it’s hard to predict if the rewards will actually be worth the effort. I’ll give these events the benefit of the doubt, but after Christmas I feel like there may be a break coming up for me.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
    I would hold off on the torches and pitchforks for the moment. There are several aspects of this event that we only know about in the broadest of strokes, such as the calendars. Additionally, I don’t know if the gold/battlechip boost was announced in advance over the summer or if it just dropped. I believe it occurred unannounced.

Crystals could be in calendars, boosts could be unannounced. I’m not saying these things will happen, just that it is premature to jump to these conclusions. The torches and pitchforks will still be there once we know for sure what’s happening.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I don’t understand why there are no yearly cavs. Im totally lost here. Who is making these decisions? Why remove something that was universally enjoyed by the player base, received 100% positive feedback, and was a large part of making last December a really great month for the game. I just don’t understand why they’re doing this.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Sigh
    I was hoping December was gonna be super fun.. like last year's bc atm i can't be bothered playing. Haven't bothered with November's SQ or MEQ.