**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

R3 Mutant dilemma. Domino vs Stryfe... Read OP

CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I pulled a six-star stryfe but I'm not sure if I should use my T5 cat and R3 him or if I should R3 my Domino so I can complete V8 easier... And to make it even more confusing I also have and R3 apoc and R3 cable that could. Synergize with stryfe... Although now that I think about it, technically I could bring apoc and cable along in V8 and make a horseman out of domino which if she's R3 would make her quite a beast..
I will include a picture of my mercenary champions so you can see what I'm working with for V8 along with a picture of the team I've been using to run most of the V8 which I've already completed.. just working on exploring.
And lastly also include a pic of my roster so you can tell me if I don't even have a need for stryfe on my team and I should just do Domino or vice versa.

Thank you guys in advance for any help you might provide I'm not familiar with stryfe at all which is why I have these questions.

So here is my mercs.

Here is the team I've been mainly running for most of v8

And here is some roster pics

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Personally, Stryfe isn't worth it without his sig. Pick Domino.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Are you just doing v8 completion? Because you can do that with domino, Gwen and massacre. Mainly use Gwen and massacre, don't use specials so you keep your power high and therefore Regen. Save domino for the boss. Take both gwens and massacres. My r1 gwenpool did a lot... Drop rulk and nebula unless you need nebula for the lane.

In terms of rank up, if I was actually any good at this game (I also have 3r apoc and cable) I'd take up stryfe as if you can master him, he has far more use than domino.

She's good, but if you just need raw damage with bleed, you have Nick.. bar making v8 a little easier (I'm not sure she will) would she just end up on the bench or defence?

But if you use her at r2 a lot already and you have rulk and massacre ranked up for her, then take her to r3. Big yellow numbers and huge dot ticks can be fun!
  • CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277

Are you just doing v8 completion? Because you can do that with domino, Gwen and massacre. Mainly use Gwen and massacre, don't use specials so you keep your power high and therefore Regen. Save domino for the boss. Take both gwens and massacres. My r1 gwenpool did a lot... Drop rulk and nebula unless you need nebula for the lane.

In terms of rank up, if I was actually any good at this game (I also have 3r apoc and cable) I'd take up stryfe as if you can master him, he has far more use than domino.

She's good, but if you just need raw damage with bleed, you have Nick.. bar making v8 a little easier (I'm not sure she will) would she just end up on the bench or defence?

But if you use her at r2 a lot already and you have rulk and massacre ranked up for her, then take her to r3. Big yellow numbers and huge dot ticks can be fun!

I'm doing exploration, I already have it completed. & Ty for your viewpoint I will definitely consider it
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I used dom and she worked very well at r2 itsle with rylk and masacre
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Domino is my 1st and only r3. I have Massacre at r2 6* and Rhulk at 5/65 . she doesn't necessarily needs synergies but those 2 champs are really grt and make her even better .

I used her for 90% v8 exploration and use her for different content when required . She is worth r3 imo . Ofcourse mutant class has much better options but in the end she will serve you well .
    Bump

stryfe is better than domino

Better enough that he'll add something that my current roster doesn't already have?
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    stryfe is good, but needs dupe
    Diablord said:

Oh for real? So without his dupe it's domino all the way?
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Creeseaz said:

Diablord said:

The full story is... Stryfe it better duped for long content like the Abyss. He is fine unduped for EQ and story. I got him as r3.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I think Domino is okay at r2. To be fair, I don’t have Stryfe but from what I’ve seen he’s the better option. Your reason for taking Domino to r3 isn’t even worth it IMO unless you like her and would have r3 her regardless of V8. You wouldn’t even need the r3 in every fight nor Domino for all the fights. Fights that you think you’ll need a r3, you can use boost to give you the extra health and attack temporarily, r3 is permanent. Also if you have suicides unlock, that could could give you additional boost as healing from Gwenpool and Masacre makes them suicides friendly.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    2StarKing said:

Creeseaz said:

Diablord said:

The full story is... Stryfe it better duped for long content like the Abyss. He is fine unduped for EQ and story. I got him as r3.
    That's completely wrong. Stryfe only needs his dupe for small healthpools like 50k - 100k. In any healthpool above 300k, it's irrelevant.
    I have an r5 Stryfe and have used him in AW, AQ Map 4, 5 monthly eq, Act 6, Incursions and just 2 days ago I did my first LOL completion run with him.
    The permanent unblockable as horseman ignored LOL limber, the reverse controls was handy for 6.3.1 delirium path and his invisibility after sp1 made a joke of BB mini. The ability to block unblockable made 6.3.3 unblockable finale path nothing noteworthy.

That evade countering and ability to ignore damage back makes him a solid mixmaster, Magik and Electro counter.

I used to think his ramp up would be brutal but so long as you bring Cable, you're usually done in 2 fights for 250k-300k healthpools and 3 fights for 200k and below. In small healthpools, he doesn't need full ramp up since he's already hitting quite hard at 50 charges. I have used him in T6 AW without even the Cable synergy. You can also bring Hood for faster ramp up if you can spare the spot, otherwise Cable is your main synergy partner.

I took Domino to r5 for V8 and while I like and use her for AQ, Stryfe is much better.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    If you ranking just for variant 8, I would say pick Domino. However I would not rank 3 her just for that, especially since "variants aren't endgame content." I love both champions as Domino was my key to 100% Lab of Legends a couple years back, and Stryfe will be my first rank 4 to 100% Abyss. Usually I have a direct answer, but I honestly can't tell you. Which means one thing; there is no bad choice here. Go with whomever you have more fun with.
    Appreciate all the help everybody at first I was leaning towards Domino just to make V8 a bit easier since it's being kind of a pain in the ass but I can see that in the long run and fully exploring book too it will probably help a lot more to have an R3 strife