**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Requirements

Comments

• cedricccccedricccc Posts: 4
    Hi guys, i created this account about a year ago (as you can see there are read mails that are on the 8th of november)

however I only created a kabam account for this account on 23rd november. Before the 23rd, this account was not linked to any email.

Anyone knows if this account will be considered eligible for gifting event?

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

how is anyone with a 10 month old alt account affected? they can gift no problem

They aren't. I got three alt accounts made ages ago (1 is my original account made when the game first came out) that I'm grinding units out on for gifting purposes
  • the some motivation i had to start playing seriously again is gone now. Don't even know if this game is gonn have any good changes in the future. Seems like the past years were the peak of the game. Oh well guess gotta find something else to pass time
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

how is anyone with a 10 month old alt account affected? they can gift no problem

Ummm those of us who crated alts specifically for gifting, got to the previous level requirement, and stopped grinding levels and started collecting calendars, and unit cards.

It’s not the length of the account we are taking issue with, it’s the level requirement, and story progression. Some people only log on those accounts for a few seconds to collect login/daily rewards and calendar rewards.

So because we didn’t think Kabam would change act 1-3 unit gain and move the goal post over 15 levels away we didn’t do progression simply because that/those accounts were made for 1 purpose. And those accounts did partake in gifting the previous years.

So yeah some people who are +10 months on an alt are affected.

Ummm those of us who crated alts specifically for gifting, got to the previous level requirement, and stopped grinding levels and started collecting calendars, and unit cards.

It’s not the length of the account we are taking issue with, it’s the level requirement, and story progression. Some people only log on those accounts for a few seconds to collect login/daily rewards and calendar rewards.

So because we didn’t think Kabam would change act 1-3 unit gain and move the goal post over 15 levels away we didn’t do progression simply because that/those accounts were made for 1 purpose. And those accounts did partake in gifting the previous years.

Can't you just autofight through the lower acts to level up? That's what I'm doing on my alts. I have my 20th_Doctor account going through act 2 right now
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited November 2021

Can't you just autofight through the lower acts to level up? That's what I'm doing on my alts. I have my 20th_Doctor account going through act 2 right now
    Once you get to about lvl 25-30 you pretty much need the XP from act 4 to progress quickly, act 3 and under provide a fraction of what act 4 gives and it'll take a good while to lvl up.

Once you get to about lvl 25-30 you pretty much need the XP from act 4 to progress quickly, act 3 and under provide a fraction of what act 4 gives and it'll take a good while to lvl up.
    Hm, didn't know that. I wonder if I'll be able to get my 20th_Doctor up in time then, he's currently at lvl26

Hm, didn't know that. I wonder if I'll be able to get my 20th_Doctor up in time then, he's currently at lvl26
    Auto fighting act 3 and under without using refills might be tough. For reference using a 40% XP boost a quest in act 3 gave me 350 XP while an act 4 fight gave just over 1500 XP.

Auto fighting act 3 and under without using refills might be tough. For reference using a 40% XP boost a quest in act 3 gave me 350 XP while an act 4 fight gave just over 1500 XP.
    I have a ton of refills from the compensations and there's a bunch of refills that spawn in the lower acts

I have a ton of refills from the compensations and there's a bunch of refills that spawn in the lower acts
    I'm saving my XP boosts for when I make it to act 4
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Just for context, Brian Grant’s video was posted on Nov 15th so anyone who made an account at most 5 days after that still has a chance to grind it. I think this is pretty fair, likely dissuades people with tons and tons of accounts to exploit it. But still allows people who want to put time in to gift from alts.

I do think it’s a bit sad for newer players, but it took me two weeks to get my journey to TB challenge account to level 40. And while newer players won’t be that quick, it’s possible to push quite early on. So they have a chance from now until the event starts to get to level 40

So the account that I just created last Friday just finished 5.2 today (spoiler alert), I’d got through all of Act 4 on the beginner boost and sigil and I’ve only just hit lv36. I feel like lv40 is a bit of a hard requirement, that’s a hell of a lot of game time to get.

Truth is, the gifting event had mainly 1 problem over the course of the years. And although the ingame message specifically states that the change was suppose to address an issue, it literally does nothing to it. So that part of the message is a lie, misleading.

With the way the game has evolved, and after all the previous fails of gifting events, it's safe to say that this will be the absolute worst one in terms of exploits, frauds, and other's. Just be prepared for massive backlash in the following month or two

"literally nothing"? How'd you figure that? Read the thread you're posting in, plenty of people belly aching that they can't use their army of alts to unfairly gift. Sounds to me like it's working a treat.
  • Bolt96Bolt96 Posts: 11
    The worst part of the requirement is November 20th, but after upping the level requirements it started to not make sense to me after I thought about it, because you already are limitting players with the level 40 one and everyone cant grind more than 10 accounts easily with that requirement alone, so you are only hurting the people that created their accounts after that date including new non old players that can get to level 40 before end of the event, but wont be able to spend money or even gift with his units alone. Also someone intelligent might have created more than 20 account for safety in case they got enough time to grind, so keeping both November 20 and level 40 requirement together doesnt affect much.

Guys I am pleading for a change in the requirement and dropping November 20 for even adding getting uncollected one @Kabam Miike @Kabam Boo
    Bolt96 said:

The worst part of the requirement is November 20th, but after upping the level requirements it started to not make sense to me after I thought about it, because you already are limitting players with the level 40 one and everyone cant grind more than 10 accounts easily with that requirement alone, so you are only hurting the people that created their accounts after that date including new non old players that can get to level 40 before end of the event, but wont be able to spend money or even gift with his units alone. Also someone intelligent might have created more than 20 account for safety in case they got enough time to grind, so keeping both November 20 and level 40 requirement together doesnt affect much.

Guys I am pleading for a change in the requirement and dropping November 20 for even adding getting uncollected one @Kabam Miike @Kabam Boo

Honestly the odds of them changing it on the fly now because of discontent is pretty slim, just is what it is. I created mine on the 20th and I'm not even expecting they'll clarify if that is eligible or not. I've decided to just withhold from spending at all for gifting (my main of course) and leave it at that. I used up all my units after grabbing an Odin to hit the cyber deals so was going to grab one for gifting, maybe two Odins max, instead I'll get none. May seem like a small thing but knowing I'd be fine had I created it the day before and instead just wasted my time doesn't sit well.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Guys. 1 question.
    One of our old Ally mate took a break for current season of war. War season ends on 8th Dec i believe. After any war season, you expect lot of members going out and in.

This old Ally member would join us back on 8th or at max 9th Dec. The gifting event requirement States that you need to be in Ally 14 days prior to the event which starts on 20th. So he would have been in Ally 11 or 12 days only by the time event starts.

So my question is, will he be able to participate in Ally gifting event from say 22 or 23rd Dec? That will make his stay of 14 days. Or he won't be able to participate totally because he wasn't in the Ally for 14 days prior to event started? Last year such ppl were able to participate once they were 14 days in alliance. I want to clarify for current year.

As lot of PPL would like to change Ally after the season. I wish kabam had noticed this. But hey it is what it is.

• AlbertelAlbertel Posts: 30
    Good thing this happened, now i can say farewell to the game, kinda sucks that last year they said it was fine but now …”oh sorry lvl 40”.All this year alot of things happened and not good ones. Wished that i could refund the money spent but more than 3 months have passed.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Jorn said:

I Just regret the fact that kabam came out with this news 2 weeks after the video. People who did all this farming deserves the rewards. They've put all the work in it. Now in my opinion kabam Just Stole 10 days of grinding. So actually 10 days of their lifes 🤔

You're worried about 10 days of your life. There are people who have spent years playing it. What about them?

You willingly spent your time. Kabam is not responsible for that. And it's not as if kabam asked you guys to the exploit grind.

Also, the grind is done with the intention of exploiting the easy units access, and not for the fun of it or for the sake of having multiple accounts. If you had wanted multiple accounts you wouldn't have waited for the video to come out.

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I was scrolling up and didn’t see this.

If you switch alliances can you keep gifting?
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    cedricccc said:

Hi guys, i created this account about a year ago (as you can see there are read mails that are on the 8th of november)

however I only created a kabam account for this account on 23rd november. Before the 23rd, this account was not linked to any email.

nov 23th creation date? No it will not be. nov 20th was cut off
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

You can gift no matter what. if you leave your alliance during gifting though and are not with the new one for 14+ days you will not be eligible for alliance gift questing rewards
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

You can gift no matter what. if you leave your alliance during gifting though and are not with the new one for 14+ days you will not be eligible for alliance gift questing rewards
    Got it. Thanks you.
  • JornJorn Posts: 23

Jorn said:

I Just regret the fact that kabam came out with this news 2 weeks after the video. People who did all this farming deserves the rewards. They've put all the work in it. Now in my opinion kabam Just Stole 10 days of grinding. So actually 10 days of their lifes 🤔

You're worried about 10 days of your life. There are people who have spent years playing it. What about them?

You willingly spent your time. Kabam is not responsible for that. And it's not as if kabam asked you guys to the exploit grind.

Also, the grind is done with the intention of exploiting the easy units access, and not for the fun of it or for the sake of having multiple accounts. If you had wanted multiple accounts you wouldn't have waited for the video to come out.

I Just want to dat they could give the info earlier on. Not that i am doing this. I Just grinded 3k units in my one and only account 2 get 10 ggc. That's IT.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Mauled said:

Just for context, Brian Grant’s video was posted on Nov 15th so anyone who made an account at most 5 days after that still has a chance to grind it. I think this is pretty fair, likely dissuades people with tons and tons of accounts to exploit it. But still allows people who want to put time in to gift from alts.

I do think it’s a bit sad for newer players, but it took me two weeks to get my journey to TB challenge account to level 40. And while newer players won’t be that quick, it’s possible to push quite early on. So they have a chance from now until the event starts to get to level 40

So the account that I just created last Friday just finished 5.2 today (spoiler alert), I’d got through all of Act 4 on the beginner boost and sigil and I’ve only just hit lv36. I feel like lv40 is a bit of a hard requirement, that’s a hell of a lot of game time to get.

Truth is, the gifting event had mainly 1 problem over the course of the years. And although the ingame message specifically states that the change was suppose to address an issue, it literally does nothing to it. So that part of the message is a lie, misleading.

With the way the game has evolved, and after all the previous fails of gifting events, it's safe to say that this will be the absolute worst one in terms of exploits, frauds, and other's. Just be prepared for massive backlash in the following month or two

"literally nothing"? How'd you figure that? Read the thread you're posting in, plenty of people belly aching that they can't use their army of alts to unfairly gift. Sounds to me like it's working a treat.
    Thats not the issue.

Tell me how this chance will stop people of exploiting it via money means, just like it always happened last years.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Having slept on this, the level 40 requirement is still bs. We will probably see Kabam mess up and see them give the gifting badge to those who don’t meet these new requirements and give the gifting badge to everyone as a result
  • cedricccccedricccc Posts: 4
    Skiddy212 said:

cedricccc said:

But nov 23rd was when i created a KABAM account (where i linked an email account to it). i had this account wayyy before 23rd of november i was just playing without a KABAM id then. Will it still be eligible for gifting?
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Skiddy212 said:

cedricccc said:

Some people have never linked their accounts to a kabam account so they will probably be eligible since they started the game on November 8th. You don't have to have a kabam account to play the game.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

They’re out, guess some people have a lot of grinding to do to get to L40

Conqueror players- finally we are given a place in council
  • Neto11SportNeto11Sport Posts: 4
    Impression of mine, or decreased the amount of XP in the basic catalyst mission grade 3 and also in act 4? I'm using 50% amplifier and i don't even get to gain 1k of experience.
    Is it just me??