**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

There should be a mastery to counter Root

kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 422 ★★★
https://youtu.be/5uqVIkGEQww
Using this video as a context, I think the root mechanic is as broken as it is since there is no proper counter to it but just avoiding it. I really think there should be a discussion that a root counter mastery to be made such that it's properly balanced. I'm not a game designer so I wouldn't know what the counter should be but it's important to point this out.

Hopefully many of you would agree.

Comments

• SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★
    There's one, it's called Tenacity.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Why should the counter be a mastery? Any explanation of what you think an applicable counter would be?

For instance, something that just completely nullifies the root mechanic would be a little OP when fighting Kraven, but it all depends on how Root is activated. If it is based on a % chance during an attack, then there are plenty of counters already in-game. Power control champs limit his special attacks, while things like neurotoxin or concussion reduce ability accuracy. Not all champs have access to these, but a counter should not necessarily be available to all champs.

Edit: go to 2:36 in the video. If root is based on the suppression debuff, then debuff shrugging champs would also be ideal for getting rid of root. Problem solved.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    It would be cool if you could swipe up (or Down) at the exact instance root applies (maybe not exact) but very similar to dex or parry to 'unroot' yourself. Could be buggy tho.