**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on joe fixit and Hawkeye now that the update is out

Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
^

Comments

• Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Not really a fan of hawkeyes buff, I don't honestly know if I would call it a buff. Although joe fixits buff so far seems pretty solid, I'm liking his. Not game changing but is better than what he was before.
  • Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    Joe fixit’s sp2 hits pretty hard
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I know I'm playing Joe Fixit super sub-optimally, but I'll R3 him just for this regen. Hot damn! I really hope they don't go back on this healing.
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    I player around with Hawkeye a tiny bit, he seems really solid and the perfect release mechanic is soo cool to use
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    I don't know about Joe. But details on Hawkeye here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289138/hawkeye-buff-is-live-and-he-works#latest

@GrandOldKai and @StevieManWonder - advice there on how to get Slow Time.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Is Hawkeye's bleed damage supposed to appear so low?

I get that he can pause bleeds - but my r2 5* was only pulling off 57/tick on non critical bleeds?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Go for the L2 spam for damage guys it gets nutty. L1 if you need power control or want to ramp charges faster. L3 pointless unless you want long bleed
  • Joe fixit is not fun to play at all… also somehow seems worse than before.

It’s stressful trying to get the cards you want
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    I don't know where I would ever use him, but bravo on the new mechanic for Hawkeye. I admitted had doubts about how it would work when released, but I like how it opens up new avenues.
  • For Hawkeye, I’m just disappointed that they nerfed his power drain
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/XQ9FB5rI-2s

This is all I can share on Joe right now, not much regarding his damage - this was my first fight

I think his heal reversal is pretty damn nice

Damn, I need to go back and test him more.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    R1 Hawkeye damage:

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

Tested Hawkeye out just very little. The perfect release mechanic was pretty neat, but I can already tell I'm never going to play him. Losing every single Dialed In passive when you fail one time introduces more stress than I care for in a character lol

This ^

Never going to use him again, not even for simple fights. Him losing all bonuses for one mistake is just too much stress.

I don't like that I have to do extra taps, the slow time mechanic isn't slow enough and it disrupts the flow of the fight imo.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    I'm not a big fan, but then again, I didn't plan to use them. This is for those who like Hawkeye or already ranked up him up. I'm happy for you guys. Maybe one day I'll join you guys with a Dr. Strange buff, if that ever comes.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i like his buff ... he's definitely improved imo
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I like Hawkeye. He isn’t gamebreaking or anything, in fact, I’m not even sure if he’s that amazing. But he is a blast to play, and to be honest, that’s the thing I think is most important about new champs and buffs. The fun champs get used more than they should because the community just enjoys them

Joe Fixit on the other hand…he has some excellent heal reversal. But the damage, from my tests, feels incredibly similar to pre buff, and his entire kit just feels so awkward to play. Maybe the dupe makes a massive difference, but playing him does my head in
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Figuring him out. labyrinth Rulk.

He’s legit.