**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RE: Permanent Boost to Gold in Gold and Arena Crystals - Starting December 10th! Hold your Crystals!

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
One thing Kabam Miike said was:

“We're making this change instead of bringing back the Gold Boost because we want to encourage Players to stop hoarding their Crystals throughout the year waiting for these boosts, and open their Crystals whenever they need them.”

I think one thing that’s misunderstood is the value of waiting for something guaranteed. The reason players wait until the Gold Boost came was so that they can earn more gold than they would have normally if they had opened them. Granted, thanks for the 30% boost, but this doesn’t necessarily solve what the devs think is a “problem”, which is hoarding crystals.

Players need millions of gold (especially for 6* level ups) which means they will need to hoard hundreds of gold crystals to get that. I’m sure some will open the gold crystals as they come, but there will be plenty more of us who will wait until we have a substantial amount of gold crystals to pop. This same discussion applies to openings featured crystals. While some pop them as the shards come, others pop when they’ve accumulated a certain amount.

I would like to know why you guys are against hoarding?

Comments

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 917 ★★★★★
    The lesser and greater gold I’ll probably open as I earn them. The uncollected I’ll probably save and open 100 at a time or if I’m totally out of gold. But this is a great move overall.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I think I have 100 Gold Crystals saved up, at least

I wish I could convert them to UC Gold Crystals.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike so clarification, "The changes to the Crystals will take effect on December 10th" so you guys are boosting the crystals themselves or are you guys implementing a "boost" to the accounts that only effect the listed crystals??
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike so clarification, "The changes to the Crystals will take effect on December 10th" so you guys are boosting the crystals themselves or are you guys implementing a "boost" to the accounts that only effect the listed crystals??

My guess is it’ll just have the amounts increased. That’s the easiest way to do it
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

My guess is it’ll just have the amounts increased. That’s the easiest way to do it
    idk how i feel about it as someone just mentioned no BC boost was included. but also im sure there will be issues regardless which path they end up taking with these boosts lol but i mean more gold is nice.. one step at a time :D
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    Crystals, I like that change a lot as I open as I get as I always need gold.

The no gold boost does effect me on other ways though. I push harder than normal in arena during the boost of gold and bc, and I generally save content for it ie leave a lone path in a variant as that gold boost on a 1.5 million gold payout is great.

Not sure how many crystals it will take to even out the loss on the other stuff.

I think, I'm happier with always gold boost but unmeasureable losses, as I can't predict how much more I will push than normal or how much content I can save because of wanting t5b right then and there, will come into play.
  • A moderate improvement to gold accumulation, not a great improvement but at least it’s permanent. But we would be missing out on the boost to battle chips when this boost would usually be on, so lose out there.

When you are guys going to address the state of ISO in the game? Is that on your radar to look into?With the resources it takes to rank up 6* champs these days, yet whenever we dupe a 5* or 6* champ, we earn the same resources we do when duping a 4* champ.! Feel like it’s about time to evolve the ISO in the game to reflect the champs we are levelling up don’t you think? Even what we gain from cavalier questing is pretty poor considering the 6*s meta these days!
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Don't forget we also have Halls of Fortune coming up during the anniversary week so those of you who are hoarding gold crystals will have another opportunity as well to earn some extra gold this Christmas.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I think I have 100 Gold Crystals saved up, at least

I wish I could convert them to UC Gold Crystals.

Our Leader is sitting on about 500. Lol
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

30% more of 2400 is only 3.1k. They need to make the gold crystals more valuable for this to be effective for gold crystals.

I’m in between on this, good change but eventually it’ll be the “norm” and won’t be very good. Plus the low end amounts are still very low. 🤷‍♂️

How would it be a bad thing though? Before the change, you'd get 2400 from the crystal for 50 weeks of the year and 2,880 for 2 weeks of the year. Now, you'll get 3120 from the crystal for 52 weeks of the year.
    I’m not saying it’s a bad increase, I’m saying it isn’t enough. They moved the bottom end up a tiny amount and added in the text about not selling iso for gold or resources just for gold. This small increase won’t change that, I’d prefer they increased the lowest amount you can get first then add in the permanent 30% increase. 2.4k was a poor amount 6 years ago.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

30% more of 2400 is only 3.1k. They need to make the gold crystals more valuable for this to be effective for gold crystals.

I’m in between on this, good change but eventually it’ll be the “norm” and won’t be very good. Plus the low end amounts are still very low. 🤷‍♂️

How would it be a bad thing though? Before the change, you'd get 2400 from the crystal for 50 weeks of the year and 2,880 for 2 weeks of the year. Now, you'll get 3120 from the crystal for 52 weeks of the year.
    I’m not saying it’s a bad increase, I’m saying it isn’t enough. They moved the bottom end up a tiny amount and added in the text about not selling iso for gold or resources just for gold. This small increase won’t change that, I’d prefer they increased the lowest amount you can get first then add in the permanent 30% increase. 2.4k was a poor amount 6 years ago.
    All the gold you get from these crystals is being increased, every amount. So how on earth anyone can see this and think anything other than “oh cool!” is baffling.

Gold increased across the board from crystals and people complain like OP, or say it’s not enough and ask for more. Entitlement is a crazy thing.
    I think you’re looking at what I am saying a bit too bitter even for you. It’s a nice increase but it isn’t anything spectacular. Yeah it’s “cool”, but let’s get real about it.

It isn’t entitlement, idc if they give more. I’m not petitioning them for more. I’m saying after this long the small 2.4k amount from a Crystal should have been increased first.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    If they want to stop players hoarding crystals give us an option to trade t4cc frag crystals for full cat crystals or T1a/2a, I’m betting the majority of crystals currently in game are these.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

If they want to stop players hoarding crystals give us an option to trade t4cc frag crystals for full cat crystals or T1a/2a, I’m betting the majority of crystals currently in game are these.

That is in the sigil
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    Question, though… does that mean they’re also doing away with the periodic battlechip boost? That was super helpful and encouraged arena grinding with the gold boosts previously
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

What people like @danielmath dont do is read a post and understand it. I agree this is a good update, I was simply asking why Kabam is against hoarding crystals?

Because yeah, I’m so going to pop my gold crystals now and get 3,100 /s