**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Requirements

12345679»

Comments

• some Questions i want to say and need answer
    before uncollected was level 45 and complaint act 5.2
    now after update uncollected became L40 and complaint act 5.2 so Far and sure exploration All old Act1-4 100% to get level 40
    so how in old system or new update for Acts without XP boosts or within we can get Level 40???!!!
    i play and stop in Act 4.2 and get L31 Since while so please tell us how can we play normal as Human without any stress to enjoy the game
    With new requirements For gifting Event unless Kabam change It According to update The Acts
    all people here or in game have alt accounts to help them in gifting event so as we play According to the instructions and directions Without violating any rules set by Kabam and you say in old Announcement you fine with Alt accounts
    so Now all We need to change the requirements For gifting Event to be Act 4 Conqueror with right level 32-35
    that's All and happy christmas
  • CheapAXXCheapAXX Posts: 4
    MSRDLD said:

People talking about what’s fair and what’s not fair… is it fair that whales can buy thousands and thousands of units to put towards gifting? F2P players get the shaft.

so youre saying Elon is cheating because he has Tesla while you dont even have money to get one ?
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Why is everyone comming up to alternate solutions that only fit in their benefit? 🤣 The requirements are set deal with it...
  • Vmn29Vmn29 Posts: 20
    edited December 2021
    I know that there is a 14 day requirement for someone to be in an alliance to qualify/contribute to the alliance gifting event. What is unclear is the cut off date.
    Since War season ends on 8th Dec, this would be past the last possible date for people looking to join a new alliance after this current war season.
    Can someone at Kabam confirm if it is possible for any new recruits joining after this season to be part of the alliance gifting event starting the 20th Dec? Even if they can’t obtain the full rewards.
    Some clarity and confirmation would be appreciated
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★

Adevati said:

Adevati said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I think it’s odd that they added the November requirement AND level 40, which seems excessive. More than anything, I’d be interested in seeing the data that led them to determine that this is what makes sense.

Until then, I’m convinced that it actually has to do with the BG video because that’s the simplest explanation I can think of.

I actually think it’s a pro player move that one. Think about it, if Kabam wanted to shut out all alt gifting based on Brian’s video, easy, make the cut off before the video dropped on the 15th. Instead, they chose to make it 5 days after, when people who wanted to grind alts inspired by BGs vid will have already made a few accounts. But, it stops mass exploiters who were going to make 1 account a day, grind it then move onto the next.

However, since it wouldn’t stop any exploiters who made all their accounts the day of Brian’s videos, and was planning on going through each of them one by one. So that’s why the level 40 is there.

The level 40 is still enough to stop mass exploiters, while allowing your average player to grind up to it before gifting. It’s not the perfect solution, as it still does mess with people like @Liss_Bliss_ who have alts from last year. But I’ve still not seen anyone suggest an alternative that doesn’t screw someone else over, but still would stop exploiters. At the moment, all complaints have been “I’m affected, stop it affecting me” and the suggestion to stop it affected them have been change the account date creation, or more numerously, reduce the level I need to grind to. Which would just make it easier for exploiters to get to

Except the restrictions benefit the cheaters above anyone else.

For example, I have 10 alts, all completed Act 3, all around 28-32 level range. All of these accounts are 11-18 months old. I spent about 6 hours exp grinding a level 28 account. It’s at level 33 now. So I’d loosely guess 30-40 will take about 18 hours of grinding.

Consider it takes 12 hours to get to level 30 and through Act 4. We’re looking at around 30+ hours of grinding for about 10 GGC. Which will net someone about 25% of a 6-star and about 60% of a 5-star. Completely not worth it… for a real person.

However, the cheaters mass create accounts. Once you get level 5, you get a 30% beginner exp boost. Then you get 20% exp boost from the free sigil. So these shell accounts will gain exp faster. And all they have to do is bot (or even just a macro of some sort with autofight/restart). Even outside cheaters, those with new accounts created after BGs videos will be in a better spot to grind exp than older accounts that slowly played over the course of months or years.

So what has this requirement done? It completely shut down legitimate grinding and only marginally slowed down cheaters. It slowed down, but still benefits those the opportunistic players that created accounts because of the changes.

With all the data Kabam has, this requirement was lazy and ill-conceived. Once again, it ignores botting.
    That would be true if this was the only method to catch bot farmers, which it isn’t. @DNA3000 knows more about it than I do, but (reasonably) doesn’t want to go into specifics, which would enable those bot farmers to skirt methods of detection.

In my view, this method largely targets mass exploiters who would do it by hand to dissuade them from doing it over and over again. Which it is successful in doing.
    It doesn’t change that this restriction makes the time effort a poor investment for real people but does not affect bots.

I’m sure Kabam has programmatic code to detect bots/apps; every game does. But that code base is constantly battling the coders of bots attempting to predict and circumvent those detections.

The fact of the matter is bots still exist. And bots have no problem investing more time to meet a requirement where a human won’t.

There had to be a better solution than what we got.

What we got eliminated legitimate grinding and merely slowed down cheaters.

You don't just have one size fits all solution for botters/exploiters or any other ToS breaking. In some places you will put requirements, in others you will have systems to check for botters, and kabam has a couple weeks at the end of gifting to check that all is in order. You are asking them to take away one of the security measures to prevent exploiters.

You say there had to be a better solution, so what's yours? How would you prevent mass exploitation of these easily accessible units?

Let's say you're in charge of fixing this for Kabam, you've been asked to think up some requirements to stop any player to be able to get lots of units for free, very easily.

Here's the problem, it is easy to get 2 units in 6 hours - what requirements will you put in place to stop that being easily exploitable? And to make something clear, Kabam have set out that they want something to be in place to stop this exploitation, so "no requirements" isn't a good enough answer.
    I had a suggestion which might have reduced the exploit.. But alas it gets removed everytime...
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★

I have 2 solutions to this:

1-) Gifts could only be exchanged between alliance members, with a minimum time of 2 months.

2-) Could exchange gifts with friends, as long as they have at least 1 year of friendship

Yeah, this two Options would totaly NOT harm new Players right?

This would be even worse than the 20th as creationdate for Accounts.
    Maybe its not that easy?

And tbh,i couldn't Imagine the Forum explosion if kabam had scrapt the whole giftigevent because of the complaing here.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I'm still hoping for an answer on if there are any restrictions on receiving gifts.

Because, even though it is a gifting event, I'm not entirely sure of how many people are going to send gifts in return for only gratitude (if that)
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

So now am i eligible for gifting ? This is my alt.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Have you beat Act 4? If so, I don't see why not.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Yeah i did already. When they say level 40+ , that made me confused as to whether reaching level 40 is enough or not because usually they write level 40 and above .
  • Hort4 said:

Bulmkt said:

IMO the lvl 40 requirement is overkill.

The main requirement should just be the date of acct creation. So if anyone set up an ALT pre 20 Nov 2021 then they should be allowed to participate in the upcoming gifting event

As things stand this lvl requirement hurts those very casual low level players. Kabam should re-evaluate the lvl requirement

You think very casual low level players give a **** about the gifting event? People complaining are using alt accounts to feed main accounts.
    The fact that the vast majority of complaints here are “I can’t gift my main now”, just proves Kabam is doing the right thing.
    Here’s the thing. I made an alt November 14th so that alt could theoretically gift if I got him to 40. However as I kind of assumed that Kabam would enact some over the top gifting restrictions I opted to blow that stash of units on the CW store and landed 2 5*’s out of it.

My biggest point of contention is with my other alts made long before the changes to early acts was even a thought in the eye of the intern they hired before I started playing the game. I now have to grind out the entirety of act 4 and get 15 levels before that one can gift.

But this is also the same alt that I used for gifting last year. That’s also the same alt that has more units than my main account. That’s also the one that gifted my main the most GGC, I’d say over double what my others alts did combined. But something was allowed to do last year I now can’t unless I grind out act 4.

I agree with the restrictions on accounts made after the act 1-3 unit bank. But to enact those on other accounts made over a year ago for the sole purpose to gift my main and a few friends is a bit heavy handed. Last year I am sure the level restriction was 25. And that’s where that alt ended. I logged in to collect the calendar and daily deals only. So it’s punishing myself and people like me, who did things by the book and didn’t take advantage of recent events.
    Do you think that a system where accounts made before the act 1-3 changes are automatically able to gift would be fair? I suppose the question then is that can that be exploited?

Arena bot farmers already have hundreds of accounts each created before act 1-3 changes, that would be my worry. They could use those and grind through act 1-3 without worrying about level 40. How could you have a system in place that stops that being exploited too?
    Automatically? No. But I feel if said alt was able to gift in previous years they should be allowed to gift in subsequent years. Like I said last year they had it set to level 25 as a way to prevent unit fraud, people doing those fraudulent things were dissuaded. But those who were using said alt as a way to gift themselves things, would push to that limit.

So your contention is the ease of unit accumulation? You feel that’s it’s unfair to you because you aren’t able to get those easy units.

What’s to stop them from pushing the post back even further? What if next year they make it level 60 and Cav. It’s a slap in the face.

Kabam created an issue and the only way for them to correct it is to punish those who have legitimate alts. As I said one of my alts has collected every unit from calendars and buying the unit monthly card every month. I opted to do that on an alt rather than my main as a way of guaranteed GGC on my main. I could trade crystals on my main with friends and alliance mates and still get GGC’s from my alt(s) did that break the game? Not in the slightest.

So now because I did nothing wrong, illegal, or game breaking or underhanded. And planned out the year based on the assumption that the same regulations would be in effect. In a small attempt at maybe landing a Kang, Thanos, or some t5cc to get me an r3 I now have to watch as something that acckubt was previously able to do gets ripped away because 4.1.1 isn’t even started.

Can I clear act 4 with the roster on that account and another one? Yeah I could. But it doesn’t take away from the fact that Kabam back themselves into a corner where their only option is to alienate parts of the player base.
    I have been reading your posts and outrage to this and a lot of what you said is that you're being punish or this isn't fair because you've had alts for over a year at the level previous to this so that you can gift. In my opinion, it's more than fair and accounts that long could theoretically be level 40 already. They aren't punishing you or other people who have alts from previous years. They are trying a new method and theoretically, you still have time to get your alts (depending on the amount of alts and level they are at) to level 40 so that you can gift your main again. There was time and there still is time is the point.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    I think how they should do it is if you have all 3 requirements met then you can gift everything. Say level 25 can gift everything but ggc. They do these types of restrictions on alot of stuff. Do it here so atleast everyone can gift something to help
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

Yeah i did already. When they say level 40+ , that made me confused as to whether reaching level 40 is enough or not because usually they write level 40 and above .
    That means the same thing.
  • MSRDLD said:

DNA3000 said:

MSRDLD said:

MSRDLD said:

People talking about what’s fair and what’s not fair… is it fair that whales can buy thousands and thousands of units? F2P players get the shaft.

Umm yeah.
    You tell me what’s more fair. Opening the wallet to get the units immediately or creating a new account and putting in the mind numbing time to get the units? $100 for 3100 units or putting in 20 hours of gameplay to get 3100 units?
    Time to remind everyone how F2P microtransaction supported online games work.

In-game spenders get more stuff than non-spenders. They get to bypass gameplay and grind gates to get ahead of F2P players. In that sense they have a distinct advantage.

Outside the game economy spenders pay to play this game. F2P players get to play the exact same game for free. In that sense F2P players have a distinct advantage.

The principle behind F2P gaming is the spenders support the game financially so everyone else can play for free. In exchange they get advantages non-spenders get to encourage them to spend.

This is 100% fair, because the spenders are free to spend or not spend, and the free to play players are free to play or not play. If the spenders think the advantage they get is unfair, they can choose to not spend. If the free to play players think the advantage spenders get is unfair, they can go find a game that is supported by magical unicorns on rainbow treadmills.

To answer your question directly, what's the better deal: $100 for 3100 units or 20 hours of gameplay to get 3100 units? The answer is, whichever one you decide to do, that's the better deal for you. If you think $100 is the better deal, you should would spend the $100. If you don't spend the $100 and do spend the 20 hours, then by definition you've stated by your actions that 20 hours of game play is worth less to you than $100.
    The issue that you miss, and point of this thread, is that they have made it impossible for someone to go the F2P route we just outlined with these restrictions on levels and account creation. They have made this event a spend fest. Which, great for Kabam. They probably need it.
    I didn't miss the issue. Yes they made it impossible for someone to "go the F2P route" of rolling up a ton of alts, farm easy units, and then gift them back to themselves. You imply this is unfair. What's the basis for making that claim? That F2P players have a right to accelerated unit gain? That they have a right to use low level alts to gain significant material advantage in the gifting event? They have no such right.

F2P players have the opportunity to earn in the game what spenders can buy. They have many such avenues. These avenues are designed on the assumption that they can only generate certain rates of earning per unit time. The arenas were just redesigned, and this was an explicit factor in their redesign. The early game Acts were redesigned to make it a lot easier for new players to accelerate through the early game. In the process they were given a *temporary* boost in reward earning rates, including units. So long as those units are spend on things the account uses, the devs are fine with that very temporary acceleration. But if they can be farmed specifically during that high speed accelerated earning and then funneled to other veteran accounts, that's not fine.

You give the impression of someone who begrudges spenders. You will *allow* them to be able to spend but F2P *must* be given every possible opportunity to catch up with reasonable levels of time. You seem to think the high speed unit earning in the early Acts is something F2P players were just always supposed to have, and Kabam is unfairly taking that opportunity away. That's just plain false. That high speed unit earning is something intended to be averaged out over the lifetime of the account, and anyone playing a new account with every intention to play that account to high levels over an indefinite period of time earns and spends those units as intended. Anyone skimming them is not using them as intended, even if they think they deserve them.
  • Bar1000 said:

Either way if grinding for resources is so wrong

It isn't, and this is being repeated deliberately out of context to the point of being an intellectually dishonest strawman. Absolutely *nothing* about *any* of the changes prevents anyone from grinding any amount of resources.

The issue is that the game has changed to allow new accounts to temporarily earn units vastly more quickly than is possible in any other way and so long as those units are spent on that account specifically this will eventually average out because the opportunity is in fact temporary. But when those trivially easy to earn units (compared to every other way to earn them) can be transferred to other accounts, in effect giving every account the ability to take advantage of that early game accelerated earning rate, and to be able to do so in an unlimited fashion, that's a problem.

Every element of the situation combined is the issue. No one piece is a problem. This is honestly becoming ludicrous. This is like saying if the devs prohibit an exploit that allows someone to rerun the Abyss over and over repeatedly to get the exploration rewards, that means they are saying doing the Abyss is wrong. That's honestly a stupid assertion. Doing the Abyss is not wrong. Getting the exploration rewards repeatedly in an unlimited fashion is wrong.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    They drastically reduced the XP in those acts. Reaching level 40 will take ages, and that’s with my 50% boost on. I gave up.

Guess next year will be a good year for me 😏
  • B0B3SZB0B3SZ Posts: 69
    Okay this is just simply pathetic kabam locks out 50 percent of the player base just because they couldnt come up with a reasonable slolution, or that solution ended up costing money. It really is just dissapointing how clearly they want people to spend money and how desperate they really are. Im officially done with this game after the christmas gift. Hope kabam is happy that they ruined our christmas
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    B0B3SZ said:

Okay this is just simply pathetic kabam locks out 50 percent of the player base just because they couldnt come up with a reasonable slolution

I’d love to know where these stats are from
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

They drastically reduced the XP in those acts. Reaching level 40 will take ages, and that’s with my 50% boost on. I gave up.

Guess next year will be a good year for me 😏

Even next year, which is a huge gamble, the amount of time required to get to level 40 for 7-8 GGCs is a poor investment.

Gifting to mains is done. It’s only for the people suffering from sunk cost fallacy and botters.
  • TBKlannTBKlann Posts: 68
    Its a game for crying out loud, who cares who you send your gifts to anyway. People just want to control other people it sounds like to me. So then Kabam has to cater to the masses that are whining about it. If somebody wants to waste that much of their time on this game in the shape its in then its their loss of time. Why is it such a big deal to people. You can spend a fortune to get the same effect, they sure ain't putting a spending limit on it. People saying newbies are better spending units elsewhere, how about letting them decide that, not the elitists who want to cry over someone getting something earlier than they think they should.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    TBKlann said:

Its a game for crying out loud, who cares who you send your gifts to anyway. People just want to control other people it sounds like to me. So then Kabam has to cater to the masses that are whining about it. If somebody wants to waste that much of their time on this game in the shape its in then its their loss of time. Why is it such a big deal to people. You can spend a fortune to get the same effect, they sure ain't putting a spending limit on it. People saying newbies are better spending units elsewhere, how about letting them decide that, not the elitists who want to cry over someone getting something earlier than they think they should.

This^
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    I'm at 4.3.3 and LVL 30. Guess I have to take a break from other games to grind....
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    In the game, not my teeth, they're already done for now with all the sweets
  • ElCampeonXdElCampeonXd Posts: 8
    me enoja un poco ya que yo tengo dos cuentas una de hace dos años y otra de octubre de este año en la principal soy nivel 50 pero en la otra soy nivel 24 haci que solo podre regalar en la primer cuenta
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    B0B3SZ said:

Okay this is just simply pathetic kabam locks out 50 percent of the player base just because they couldnt come up with a reasonable slolution, or that solution ended up costing money. It really is just dissapointing how clearly they want people to spend money and how desperate they really are. Im officially done with this game after the christmas gift. Hope kabam is happy that they ruined our christmas

If you are done then why wait for the Christmas gift?