**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So if cav difficulty is getting tweaked and more complicated, are the rewards going to reflect it?

Comments

• baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Rewards update..? Intresting
    πŸ‘€

Hold your breath.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2021
    Jaded said:

Guess I'll be skipping this month since I only have a few of those champs ranked up. Oh well, there's always next month

I think this is a little extreme. In the past we were still able to use any champion we wanted in the levels even if there was specific class bonuses. I use to use warlock/g99 on the mutant level that inflicted bleed on the attacker. The levels are locked to the specific tags.
    Not extreme at all. I still have variant 8 and plenty of act 7 to do. Since the EQ is not designed for people like me, I would rather spend my time and resources to something that is, such as act 7. Not to mention I have other things outside of this game I need to tend to.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The words were underwhelming to say the least ever since cavalier difficulties started then they up the difficulty add mini bosses all the while the game is broke and still do not of the rewards. I don’t even play it anymore. I don’t have much faith that they will make a decision that the player base is pleased with.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2021
    Skydad23 said:

The words were underwhelming to say the least ever since cavalier difficulties started then they up the difficulty add mini bosses all the while the game is broke and still do not of the rewards. I don’t even play it anymore. I don’t have much faith that they will make a decision that the player base is pleased with.

Cav difficulty has never been difficult.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This isn’t the first quest to try and make you use non-god tier heroes

Not the first certainly not the last
  • Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155 β˜…
    Yeah they'll probably nerf the cav rewards because it's not "challenging enough" now
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Rewards update..? Intresting
    πŸ‘€

Hold your breath.
    I can't hold my breath for that long, but I can watch out πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2021
    One silver lining about this - cross fight charges can theoretically be taken to the boss. Old Cav EQ never had the global nodes on the boss. If these are crossfights then they may track differently and allow those champs to go into the fight with extra attack.

It also appears there is a higher ceiling - 300% attack from the ones earned in the fight and up to 150% attack from converted passives. Maybe it shortens fights.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Getting TB these days should be a non-issue. When the title was released a year ago, there were tons that already had R3's before when T5cc was way more scarce. The same problem remains today though, people want TB handed to them. If you're not exploring act 6, act 7, doing a pass through abyss or map 7 or 8, you can't complain that T5cc is lacking.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    TyEdge said:

One silver lining about this - cross fight charges can theoretically be taken to the boss. Old Cav EQ never had the global nodes on the boss. If these are crossfights then they may track differently and allow those champs to go into the fight with extra attack.

It also appears there is a higher ceiling - 300% attack from the ones earned in the fight and up to 150% attack from converted passives. Maybe it shortens fights.

Yeah thats how I read it too which seems quite good. Also, aside from one where you need to use specials should all be pretty suicide friendly.

It's refreshing sometimes to use a different roster, charges can make 6*r1 or even 5* r3 champs viable and fun to try out something that isn't the status quo.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    "tweaked" "more complicated"

The whole OP is biased from the start. The Cav EQ is getting neither tweaked nor more complicated. They just choose to boost different champs / champs from certain groups to get benefited by the nodes. You can still use whoever else you want. That being said, if you are a Cavalier player it goes without a saying that you have a decent and balanced roster to actually get the benefit from the nodes. If you don't, well, blame it on the youtubers and their Tier lists that you have been following all this time. And noone forces you to complete or explore from the first month. Build up that roster and you will do it eventually.

Make those disagrees rain.
    TyEdge said:

"tweaked" "more complicated"

The whole OP is biased from the start. The Cav EQ is getting neither tweaked nor more complicated. They just choose to boost different champs / champs from certain groups to get benefited by the nodes. You can still use whoever else you want. That being said, if you are a Cavalier player it goes without a saying that you have a decent and balanced roster to actually get the benefit from the nodes. If you don't, well, blame it on the youtubers and their Tier lists that you have been following all this time. And noone forces you to complete or explore from the first month. Build up that roster and you will do it eventually.

Make those disagrees rain.

β€œIf you haven’t ranked up objectively inferior champs blame it on youtubers and tier lists”

Ok, scooter. That’s my bad for ranking up Hercules instead of Drax.

Good call. Drax is apparently the only champ that benefits from the nodes. Noone stops you from using Hercules... scooter.
    GarrettN said:

Careful not to cut yourself on that edge there.

I’m good, champ. Do you want some cheese to go with that whine…?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just did a run through of the 1st map. Seems the tags are actually pretty optional? Or.. am I missing something?
    I have a pretty diverse roster so I played along and used tagged champs, but it seemed entirely optional?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Does the damage Cross-fight apply to all champs? If so.. great. But even if not, can just select your team according to their ability to counter each specific path (as in normal story content, etc)?

I'll do more of it to finalize my opinion, but it seems like a cool way to offer different players options. Of how they would prefer to clear it. Older players with more diverse rosters can play along with the tags to make it more interesting. And players who have less options can just bring their strongest champs, maybe with an occasional tagged champ sprinkled in.