**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So if cav difficulty is getting tweaked and more complicated, are the rewards going to reflect it?

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

I think the rewards for Cavalier difficulty are already outdated regardless of the change. The health pools are too high and now with the tags it is going to take even longer to finish.

I think Kabam should go back to class based. Far more options overall and will encourage us to use the champions who gain buffs. Unfortunately players on the same caliber as myself or higher typically don't complain on the forums so it is likely this is here to stay.

Great feedback. Keep in mind this is not a permanent change, and that these Buffs are being added to the Pool of Cavalier Buffs that we rotate through, and are not just sticking with these going forward. But I'm seeing some feedback here that I'll be sure to pass on to the team.
    So we might have a month where the six quests are cosmic, mutant, science, mystic, avengers, and mercs/Guardians, for example? This isn’t a “slate” of 6 that we receive as a package in 2022?
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    After taking some time to think about the new nodes and try the first couple quests, I can say that I am most certainly not a fan of these new nodes. This is the first month where I’ve basically tried to ignore the beneficial nodes and try to plan my team for the various nodes and defenders on a particular path. That’s something I’m quite disappointed in as I normally enjoy the class based nodes and trying out various different champs with those nodes.

It just feels like they’ve gone a route with some fairly tight restrictions in terms of champs that can actually benefit from the nodes. While I’m all for using some non-top tier champs in these quests, introducing tag based nodes just serves to make these quests more tedious and significantly less enjoyable.

Personally, the only way I would actually like to see these tag-based nodes is if they are added to paths with class-based nodes. Keep the entire map class focused, but perhaps add an additional tag focused node to a path. This would allow the entire class to benefit, while giving specific champs from that class an extra little boost. For example, in a cosmic quest, there could be a path with a node that benefits Guardians, so that would mean Groot, Gamora and Drax would all get the class boost as well as an extra boost.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Guys, I'm really trying hard to find where it says that you have to use the tagged champions if you don't want to. But I can't, cause it's optional. As with any month prior to this. If you happen to have champs from a certain group ranked already..great! Bring them. Whether it's 1, 2... 5. It's completely optional. Then, just fill in the rest of your team with whomever are your strongest favorite champs that can deal with whatever path or boss you're up against. You don't need a whole team of the selected group.

In some cases.. I brought a whole team of tagged champs. In others, I brought 2 or 3 and filled in the rest of the slots with OP lane clearers or boss killers to use as back up in case the tagged champs didn't work out. So far, they have, but I had them just in case.
    edited December 2021

The new cavalier content is too hard. I struggled to get through chapter 1 and normally don’t struggle until chapter 4 or 5. Feel like I’ve lost a step this month. Luke Cage was ridiculous. Not sure it’s worth the resources to continue this month.

I’ve fully explored Cavalier for probably a year now. It’s just a shame I won’t able to for the December/holiday event.

Recommend Buff mitigation or Slow Champs for LC. Can play around the nodes by staying away as the Unstoppable timer is approaching and by using his sp1 to gain openings while Unblockable, but Buff control and Slow can help a lot. Take a break, regroup and try again. You can do it.

For reference, I used a combination of Sigil Witch (ptw character, but she can be substituted for any buff control champ) and She-hulk. Time stamp: 8:40

https://youtu.be/RpJ7kH-tsWo

nXt said:

**** Kabam. All they care about is getting players to spend more money and currently their entire mission is to get people to buy revives and potions in addition to causing people to rank up more champions, most of which are worthless outside of this 3 month cycle. I quit the game for 6 months because of this type of stupid **** and I come back in late september. 2 months later they completely **** the game again. Not to mention the parry issue that they can't seem to fix. If it wasn't intentional to cause players as much frustration and units as possible, they would have fixed their **** by now. so I refer to my first sentence. **** Kabam.

This right here is overly-dramatic. Content will be changed up from time to time, and this game has NEVER been one to rely on the same Champs indefinitely. In fact, that was a huge factor in changing the entire game schematic with 12.0. It's a game of progress through Ranking Champs and completing content.
    For the life of me, I'll never understand why people are so set in their choices when it comes time to investing Resources into Ranking, but there's literally no such thing as a waste. It's about options. Not for now, not for everything, but options at any time. Meaning, the more we Rank, the more options we have for whatever comes. There is no one-size-fits-all Roster.
    Had to take the opportunity to hit the agree button here. 🙂 My friend GW and I don't agree very often. In fact, I'll likely eat some disagrees for posting this, but when I agree, I'll be honest about it. I do think that this level of anger seems uncalled for.

Folks are angry, but let's all call down a bit ey? Let's watch some videos and take a day or 2 to figure out some good solutions before raging?
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Finally someone said it
    Took the words out of my mouth
    Good job OP.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    JMORG1111 said:

nXt said:

**** Kabam. All they care about is getting players to spend more money and currently their entire mission is to get people to buy revives and potions in addition to causing people to rank up more champions, most of which are worthless outside of this 3 month cycle. I quit the game for 6 months because of this type of stupid **** and I come back in late september. 2 months later they completely **** the game again. Not to mention the parry issue that they can't seem to fix. If it wasn't intentional to cause players as much frustration and units as possible, they would have fixed their **** by now. so I refer to my first sentence. **** Kabam.

This right here is overly-dramatic. Content will be changed up from time to time, and this game has NEVER been one to rely on the same Champs indefinitely. In fact, that was a huge factor in changing the entire game schematic with 12.0. It's a game of progress through Ranking Champs and completing content.
    For the life of me, I'll never understand why people are so set in their choices when it comes time to investing Resources into Ranking, but there's literally no such thing as a waste. It's about options. Not for now, not for everything, but options at any time. Meaning, the more we Rank, the more options we have for whatever comes. There is no one-size-fits-all Roster.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, because I agree the previous post was dramatic; but, comparing this to 12.0 is not the best move. To quote Douglas Adams (on 12.0 I'm sure), "This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
    That reference was an example of a stalemate caused by a system in which people relied on the same few Champs, so much so that it literally crippled the Dev team in terms of creating content. Loosely put, it's death for a game like this.
    nXt said:

nXt said:

nXt said:

You literally cherry picked 1 thing out of my entire post and ignored the rest. You didn't even get the entire point of that 1 thing you cherry picked. Get off of Kabam's nuts. Too much brown on your nose as it is. The fact is this. We, as players, have been told that we need a certain handful of champs to accomplish Cavalier monthly EQ. We are given just enough time to invest and build that specific roster and before we really get to enjoy our work the goal post get moved over here and now we have to build an entirely new roster. This is the 2nd time this has happened and there was a similar and consistent reaction throughout players in the game the first time we went through this. It was one of the reasons I quit playing for 6 months. There is no reward or satisfaction with the game because the goal posts are constantly being moved.
    Constantly? The Cavalier Difficulty has been oriented around Class since its inception. Which has been over a year ago. As with any, it's an evolving process.
    We, as players, have been told that we need a certain handful of champs to accomplish Cavalier monthly EQ. We are given just enough time to invest and build that specific roster and before we really get to enjoy our work the goal post get moved over here and now we have to build an entirely new roster. This is the 2nd time this has happened and there was a similar and consistent reaction throughout players in the game the first time we went through this. It was one of the reasons I quit playing for 6 months. There is no reward or satisfaction with the game because the goal posts are constantly being moved.
    What they said, to the best of my knowledge, was that it would be doable in terms of Completion for the majority, but that there would be fewer people capable of Exploration. That remained true, and still does for certain numbers coming into starting it. However, more and more people are doing it 100%. Those who are capable not only have a variety of Class, but also a variety of Tags. It's for fairly wide Rosters. If you're in the market for a game where you'll have all you need Ranked for the duration, then I'm afraid this is the wrong game.
    Rookiie said:

nXt said:

There is no one-size-fits-all Roster.

@Worknprogress : Hold my beer 🍺
    I know that's a joke, but he has more options because he has more Ranked. That's actually a good example. Thanks. ;)
    nXt said:

nXt said:

nXt said:

You literally cherry picked 1 thing out of my entire post and ignored the rest. You didn't even get the entire point of that 1 thing you cherry picked. Get off of Kabam's nuts. Too much brown on your nose as it is. The fact is this. We, as players, have been told that we need a certain handful of champs to accomplish Cavalier monthly EQ. We are given just enough time to invest and build that specific roster and before we really get to enjoy our work the goal post get moved over here and now we have to build an entirely new roster. This is the 2nd time this has happened and there was a similar and consistent reaction throughout players in the game the first time we went through this. It was one of the reasons I quit playing for 6 months. There is no reward or satisfaction with the game because the goal posts are constantly being moved.
    Constantly? The Cavalier Difficulty has been oriented around Class since its inception. Which has been over a year ago. As with any, it's an evolving process.
    We, as players, have been told that we need a certain handful of champs to accomplish Cavalier monthly EQ. We are given just enough time to invest and build that specific roster and before we really get to enjoy our work the goal post get moved over here and now we have to build an entirely new roster. This is the 2nd time this has happened and there was a similar and consistent reaction throughout players in the game the first time we went through this. It was one of the reasons I quit playing for 6 months. There is no reward or satisfaction with the game because the goal posts are constantly being moved.
    I'm not trying to argue. Sincerely, I'm trying to help. If there is a champ you don't actually like.. I just wouldn't rank them up. Only rank up champs you like. As for how this ties into Cav EQ, I haven't done any specific rank ups for the rotating nodes (cause they do change). But instead I've always just utilized champs that were already ranked when possible to get the special bonuses. And then just filled in with my favorite/suitable champs from there. It's not required to use the specific champs that get the bonuses, but just a nice advantage if you happen to have them.
  • lihuahualihuahua Posts: 14
    The parry problem still hasn't been fixed yet with stoppable buff added on the boss. Now need more time to find the right heroes to to play the monthly quest. So smart Kabam.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Recently I complete the cav difficulty, I always make the hardest paths first. After that my MVP champion don't changue a lot respect the wich I used on cav difficulty, I'm speaking of HB, Mr. Fantastic, BWCV, Stealthy and Elsa. Said that I found funny this new nodes. I just choosed X23 for 1 quest.
  • GladsGlads Posts: 393 ★★★

nXt said:

nXt said:

Evolving process is fine happy rank a few champs if I am going yo get 9-12 months use from them.. I can speak for others but in the mix of war attack and defence most of my resource go, as kabam would like war is an important element. But the story and alliance quest.
    Let alone I don't have champs of certain #... give more resources away very happily rank up Cyclops but it's impossible to rank up champs for all walks of of mcoc
    edited December 2021
    JoeyD1020 said:

Guys, I'm really trying hard to find where it says that you have to use the tagged champions if you don't want to. But I can't, cause it's optional. As with any month prior to this. If you happen to have champs from a certain group ranked already..great! Bring them. Whether it's 1, 2... 5. It's completely optional. Then, just fill in the rest of your team with whomever are your strongest favorite champs that can deal with whatever path or boss you're up against. You don't need a whole team of the selected group.

In some cases.. I brought a whole team of tagged champs. In others, I brought 2 or 3 and filled in the rest of the slots with OP lane clearers or boss killers to use as back up in case the tagged champs didn't work out. So far, they have, but I had them just in case.

This is true but having it the other way was fun and enjoyable to us players who struggle with all these nodes. This was the enjoyable content we had to look forward to and now it was taken away from us. I don’t even want to play the game. I already completed everything I can unfortunately.
    For sure, I can't speak for anyone else. If folks are not enjoying it, they're not enjoying it. Just trying to point this out cause I kept hearing things like: "force us to bring.." and "cannot use the champs I want..". And I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just trying to keep an open mind because it's been less than 24 hours.

Some of the tagged champions that I've used so far have been:

Hyperion
    She-hulk
    Scarlet Witch (both)
    Luke Cage
    Medusa
    Red Hulk
    Sym Supreme
    Venom
    HB
    BWDO
    Cap IW

And that's just the first 4 quests. There's many others I didn't use. These aren't niche characters. Many people already have them ranked because they are good. And iirc, many of these tagged champions (including the ones I have listed and not listed) are the same champions that are good in the class based versions too?

Like I said, I understand people don't like it. I no have argument with that. Just wondering if there's a chance that we just haven't given it enough time to get used to it (like any other change to the EQ).