**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mythic crystals community reception

Curios on how everyone feels about them so far now that they’ve been out a few months

Mythic crystals community reception 99 votes

Happy
9%
rockykostonNo_oneukDarkEternityJollyHawkTimeGenesisRiptideScarcity27TyphoonUnitboy 9 votes
Annoyed (or unhappy)
17%
RaganatorScottryanNanoDroidMreyay2234Raichu626RamOnTheLakeMobile_P0tat0MiStaLovadump_monkeyHera1d_of_Ga1actusUsername19273SoulOfDarknessGarrettNSkyLord7000Sparty6KablMrSakuragi 17 votes
Happy but wish they were more lavish with shards
49%
mmmbanyasDrenlinzuffyGK_23RotellyGarloWerewrymSandeepSArchdemon_Ackbar67IamTryingMyBestrcm2017Texas_11LibertyPrimeV1cx23433Colonaut123brandinhospiderbites0196Jeromix_2ndAMS94 49 votes
Annoyed wish they’d give them to lower tier players
9%
buffajrGmonkey_Sham_TRONG94RenaxqqSkjornShenkOoooiiiiieeeeeeJC10100 9 votes
Other
14%
DrZolaMr_PlatypusJackd1989Maverick75KerneasLiquidkoldForumName123Colinwhitworth69laserjohn26UvoginHoitadoD0ctor_SSirGamesBondLBN1 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Happy
    Maybe I didn't see the choices correctly.

I'm happy but yeah the shards are very hard to come by right now. It's not like it's a guaranteed 6* champ, we all know it'll be a 5* 95% of the time.

I honestly don't care about 5* anymore, maybe just the new ones.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Other
    I couldn't care less for these crystals
  • Options
    RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    I like them but ya def wish we had more opportunities for the shards.
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    I got 6 star ultron out of my only mythic
    But i would go for 6 star shards or cavs all day over mythic
  • Options
    D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42
    Other
    I think it's an idea that would have been great in 2018/19 but is out of step with how the game is now for most players Cav and above.

Drip feeding the shards in a manner that appears to value them over 6* shards is just weird and offering them in a daily card (in place of the better valued 6* card with 10 Cav Nexus as opposed to the 5 in that offer) is just stupid.

The only way I could see them becoming semi-relevant to people with a developed roster is if they are offered in the crystal store for units as a step up from featured Cavs (which would cause other problems)
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

I’d agree but I feel like they’re being treated like 6* shards when they’re not cause you gotta think
    50k mythic shards = 1 6* basic in likely value
    I love chance based crystals but they could let even just the cavs open 1 a month which would mean about 2 extra 6* champs in a whole year so they could give some more shards out for sure

Exactly my thoughts, I usually open around 2 6*s a month, so at the moment it hasn’t been too impactful and won’t be until they tune the shard amounts up.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Yeah, I mean its not terrible, but Im not going to expect a 20% 6* champ out of these, which is why I never buy those 20% chance offers in the store. thats still 80% chance of a 5*, and even if i got lucky on the 20%, it sometimes includes a champ I have a max signature level at 6* and rather not chance it.
  • Options
    Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    Other
    Not opened one yet, expecting to always pull 5* as I never get any luck with getting the higher rarity out of these types of crystals
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Other
    Gacha treats at their finest. I don’t find these enticing.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Annoyed (or unhappy)
    In theory they're better than 5* shards, but you actually get enough 5* shards to open something.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    If they didn't treat the shards as being 6* shards and put them out closer to the rate of 5* shards I might care about them more. As is its basically building up a 5* crystal over months which is just silly. Put them out as a higher tier cav crystal as has been said or up the shards to one or two crystals a month and I like them a bit more. Then factor in my rng luck and they're as valuable as 5* shards to me minus the ability to target featured champs.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Other
    Don’t really see the point in them with the way they’re treating the shards as if they’re considerably more valuable than 6* shards.
    Though to be clear, I don’t want other rewards taken away just to increase how many of these shards we get, I just think they should be considered about as rare as 5* shards for high level players
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Annoyed (or unhappy)
    I think Kabam, or their marketing team, is placing a much higher value on the crystals than players are (at least Thronebreakers). Same happened with the crystals with a 20% at a 5*. Kabam just seems to be behind by about 6 months.