**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hawkeye nerf

I'm pretty upset at the level of nerf Hawkeye received. I understand his damage was too much but now it's just way too little and I literally maxed out my 5* this morning because of how much I loved his new damage and play style now I don't even feel like using him after literally just ranking him up. Why did the nerf have to be so tremendous?

Comments

• Options
    FullCaliburFullCalibur Posts: 4

This was this morning 22k sp1 with only 2 perfect releases
  • Options
    FullCaliburFullCalibur Posts: 4
    Maratox said:

Wasn’t a nerf. He was bugged and now He’s back to the values that Kabam intended from when they released the spotlight. There was lots of talk about it so unfortunately it’s on you for ranking him before they fixed him

I can understand it's on me for the rank up it's just that I've seen r5 gameplay of Hawkeye and this damage doesn't seem too far off from the pre buffed version
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Huh?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I'm still bleeding the **** out of people without even trying, so I don't know what's wrong
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

I like him. Don’t understand why all the hate

People want every champion rework to be magneto level. I've been having a blast with Hawkeye in the last 2 days. He doesn't do a lot for my roster but he's so much fun. Kudos to the Kabam team for the addition of perfect release. It really makes you feel like Hawkeye.
    I took down LOL Rulk in about 200 hits with mine

Im going to take him to AW for mixmaster Korg

He can do stuff. People want Ghost-Quake 2.0
  • Options
    JtJ10JtJ10 Posts: 124
    Nocko said:

People have got to stop ranking up buffed champions before they've had a chance to make sure the champion is working as intended...
    If you like the champ and want to rank him/her after a buff or rework... just wait a week, just make sure you know what you're getting.

This should b done before we get them. I won’t rank any new/buffed champ as u r right that we should wait for our own sakes but we shouldn’t need to if they have been realised to us in game. This ain’t the creator server and I’m disappointed too as I was really excited and he looked like a champ I would invest In but now I’m not too sure I will. He’s still obvs better but it just feels like a tease to have these champs that feel great only to have them feel mediocre straight after (Hawkeye ain’t the first and only one for this to happen to this year either). If we got him as he is today we would all probs b happy with the change but give me a Ferrari for a day then I ain’t gonna feel good driving a fiat after.
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★

People want every champion rework to be magneto level. I've been having a blast with Hawkeye in the last 2 days. He doesn't do a lot for my roster but he's so much fun. Kudos to the Kabam team for the addition of perfect release. It really makes you feel like Hawkeye.

I dont know how you plan on doing that korg with him. When korg has his charges you can only do light attacks and he will purify the stun unless you use white magneto charge.
  • Options
    Steam97 said:

I dont know how you plan on doing that korg with him. When korg has his charges you can only do light attacks and he will purify the stun unless you use white magneto charge.
    I usually take down mixmaster Korg with Doom but I’ll have Hawkeye’s slow this time. With the fragility it should go fine.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

Steam97 said:

I usually take down mixmaster Korg with Doom but I’ll have Hawkeye’s slow this time. With the fragility it should go fine.
    Outside of Wars, don't forget his Adamantium Arrows synergy, he's alot better taking down Korgs and Things. Couple it with Tigra synergy for poisons and both are a cakewalk
  • Options
    Terra said:

Steam97 said:

Outside of Wars, don't forget his Adamantium Arrows synergy, he's alot better taking down Korgs and Things. Couple it with Tigra synergy for poisons and both are a cakewalk
    For sure - but I believe it can be done without synergies.

His sig ability is important. If you invest in the guy it should be set at 200
  • Options

Terra said:

Steam97 said:

For sure - but I believe it can be done without synergies.

His sig ability is important. If you invest in the guy it should be set at 200
    True true.
    But it gets alot easier with them.
    Hawkeye has insane utility now.
    Bleed/Poison. Power control. Diss track counter. One of (the only one?) The few skill with slow and poison immunity (with synergy)

His damage is alot better now if you manage to keep his PR's up. Alot more fun too. And being "fun" and both effective goes along way.
    I'd dare say he's top 7 skill atm

I'm not gonna deny it took me 48 Hours to figure his release mechanic out on sp1, I kept holding block exactly when he hits with his bow 😅. Still learning the timing on sp2.
  • Options
    I just watch the shiny spark

That’s Kabam's way of giving you the signal to release the arrow
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Personally, I quite like Hawkeye’s buff. He isn’t insane at anything, but he certainly feels a lot more fun to play now. I don’t have a 6* version, but I think I’ll be ranking my 5* eventually once I get a few other rank ups out of the way. I wouldn’t call what they did in regards to his damage a nerf, it was a bug fix as the physical resistance decrease from his bleeds had scaled far too high.

Unfortunately, ranking up champs just after release, both new champs and buffed ones, isn’t always a good idea. It’s not uncommon that there’s at least one bug occurring that has anywhere from a small impact on the champ’s abilities and damage to a fairly large impact. When a champ is newly released or buffed, sure I’ll probably try them out right away, but I always wait a week or so before doing any rank ups to ensure everything is working as intended.
  • Options

I just watch the shiny spark

That’s Kabam's way of giving you the signal to release the arrow

True but I don't have the phone quality for that, I need the slow down time effect haha