**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unlock the Camera View Act 5.4 Maps

Act 5 has been out for over 4 years, there are already maps of each of the chapters in the forums and on Reddit. It's time to unlock the camera view for the maps. We already know the nodes and who each defender is. I shouldn't have to resort to doing arts and crafts in order to keep track of the paths already completed in locked form.

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,402 ★★★★★
    I'm currently exploring 5.4 and totally 100% agree its just a pain in the butt
  • Options
    Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    It was a nice change/challenge when it was first released, but now there's really no purpose with the player-created maps that shows paths/nodes/opponents
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    It's a rite of passage. Tons of maps to help you.
  • Options
    Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187

I've already been through it once, I'm completing it on my alt acct..being able to finish a chapter boss should be considered a rite of passage, not having the camera view locked.
  • Options
    kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

So people need to suffer because we suffered?

A locked map in a game of this scale serves no other purpose than an added layer of frustration at this point. It was a fun little challenge back when it released and it also served to make Legend's Runs slightly more difficult, but now it's just a pain point that really serves no purpose. There's no logical reason to keep it locked.

I honestly feel the same way regarding both Labyrinth and Abyss of Legends - these are much more challenging areas that having a locked map does nothing but add stress into the game. Unlocking all these maps would only serve to allow players to actually figure out what they have left.

Imagine, if you will, that you completed all 7 paths of the Labyrinth, but missed a single corner. You'd have to run an 8th path just to get that one fight. That's a lot of resources essentially wasted because you couldn't see what was already done.

It was a cool challenge when they released it and all the top players were rushing for Legends Titles. Now, though, it'd be a solid QOL update to just unlock the maps.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I know I'm in the minority, but I like the locked camera. I feel like it adds an extra layer of planning and theory crafting that I really enjoy.