**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I can't believe i'm saying this, but I believe Kitty Pride has finally dethroned Quake and Ghost.

RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
She has like 2 counters, prowess removal and AAR.

I can name 2 champions that have prowess removal off the top of my head.
War Machine and Nimrod.

AAR Also messes with Quake and Ghost.

Quake has for counters (other than AAR), Evade, and passive powergain, which are FAR more common than prowess removal.

Ghost has Armor Breaks and Miss Counters, which are both FAR more common than prowess removal as well.

The one thing you would think would counter her, which would be a miss counter, actually highly benefits her making her be able to loop SP3s non-stop with no damage taken.

If you learn to play her properly with Tigra, you can literally get your 3 prowess, and just phase intercept into a 2 combo, back off and repeat. If duped, you will be taking 0 damage from any sources, and I already covered if they have a miss counter.

Kitty's counters will be far more common in the future because of how OP she is, and we might even see some new work around counters for her, but as of now, I believe we have finally seen Ghost and Quake dethroned. Kitty can simply take more content.

Comments

• Coincidentally, I just rank 5’ed her! She’s insane. I can’t believe it.
  • RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Kravatan said:

I mean, Kitty could in theory do more content, but she doesn't necessarily excell like Ghost and quake do.

It's like AA and Collosus.
    Collosus could in theory get through more of the game, cus he's got less limits, but AA is better simply because where he works he is arguably the best option.

Not once have I seen anyone say: Ah yes Kitty is the absolute best option for this (Besides of the true focus issue in AW)
    Meanwhile ghost and quake... yea just pure domination.

Maybe in time it will change as more people get her and use her. But as of right now, ima have to disagree ngl

Fair. Better than Work just basically calling me a moron 😂
    Fintech said:

I gotta say i agree with you, Kitty is in my opinion the best champion in the game. Small correction though, AAR doesn’t stop her phasing so as long as you can get to 3 prowess you can activate it even if your ability accuracy is 0 for the rest of the fight

I thought AAR screwed her over, nice to know!
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

Kitty can’t do more Content than Ghost

What makes Ghost so strong The Fact that She can LITERALLY PHASE OFF DEBUFFS and GAIN INSANE ATTACK FROM DOING SO.

Kitty doesn't need to phase off the debuffs, because she can just choose to just not take damage from them.

She has to be awakened to get that and she doesn’t convert them into Passive Furies which increase her attack by a lot.

You forgot that she's countered by Cowardice

You're right, but doesn't only Psychoman have that?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Nimrod has it too. It’s also very likely that we will see nodes in the future that inflict cowardice

Nimrod has it too. It’s also very likely that we will see nodes in the future that inflict cowardice
    We definitely will because of how OP kitty is
    Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

What makes Ghost so strong The Fact that She can LITERALLY PHASE OFF DEBUFFS and GAIN INSANE ATTACK FROM DOING SO.

Kitty doesn't need to phase off the debuffs, because she can just choose to just not take damage from them.

She has to be awakened to get that and she doesn’t convert them into Passive Furies which increase her attack by a lot.
    Obviously she needs awakened. No she doesn't get the extra attack from it but she doesn't need it.

Ghost and Quake are just Better. You are entitled to your own opinion obviously but your “facts” are wrong.

Kitty May not take damage from the debuffs (when awakened) but she still has them on and you aren’t going to forever be in Phase mode with her.

With Ghost she phases them off Completely AND gains a Lot of Attack as A Bonus

Ghost can Bypass more Nodes in the game than Kitty Can so by definition Ghost can clear more content

I’m assuming you pulled Kitty Recently and are just Amazed with her which makes sense but saying that she is the Best in game is Reaching a lot
    No ♥️

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Obviously she needs awakened. No she doesn't get the extra attack from it but she doesn't need it.

Ghost and Quake are just Better. You are entitled to your own opinion obviously but your “facts” are wrong.

Kitty May not take damage from the debuffs (when awakened) but she still has them on and you aren’t going to forever be in Phase mode with her.

Ghost can Bypass more Nodes in the game than Kitty Can so by definition Ghost can clear more content

I’m assuming you pulled Kitty Recently and are just Amazed with her which makes sense but saying that she is the Best in game is Reaching a lot
    No ♥️

I guess it’s true that you Can’t Argue With Facts 🤷‍♂️
    Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

No ♥️

Well you basically just said stuff that I had already covered in my original post. There's 0 reason to respond to that.

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

No ♥️

Well you basically just said stuff that I had already covered in my original post. There's 0 reason to respond to that.

And yet here we are
  • FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    Fintech said:

I gotta say i agree with you, Kitty is in my opinion the best champion in the game. Small correction though, AAR doesn’t stop her phasing so as long as you can get to 3 prowess you can activate it even if your ability accuracy is 0 for the rest of the fight

I guess i should clarify that i agree with OP in that in my own opinion Kitty is the best champion in the game but i wouldn’t say she has ”dethroned” Ghost and Quake. I see no reason to put her above those two because all three of them are absolutely amazing champions. All of them shine brighter than the other two in specific match ups so of course you can make arguments for why each of them or any other champion for that matter would be the best champion in your opinion
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I don't think it's fruitful to talk about who's better than whom at this point b/c it's so early, but I do agree with OP in that Kitty is not just an account changing champ, she seems to be someone could be a meta changing champ. I can see nodes, mechanics, etc. being introduced to counter Kitty; and vice versa, previous problematic nodes, mechanics, etc., being nothing because of Kitty.

I haven't started the monthly EQ yet or looked into root and I know that root was introduced earlier, but would this mechanic limit Kitty?

Either way I am intrigued to see the interaction between Kitty and the meta moving forward, and have contemplated saving all my 6 star shards for her even though my roster is still thin.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I don't think it's fruitful to talk about who's better than whom at this point b/c it's so early, but I do agree with OP in that Kitty is not just an account changing champ, she seems to be someone could be a meta changing champ. I can see nodes, mechanics, etc. being introduced to counter Kitty; and vice versa, previous problematic nodes, mechanics, etc., being nothing because of Kitty.

I haven't started the monthly EQ yet or looked into root and I know that root was introduced earlier, but would this mechanic limit Kitty?

Either way I am intrigued to see the interaction between Kitty and the meta moving forward, and have contemplated saving all my 6 star shards for her even though my roster is still thin.

Root shouldn't since you can still technically dash, you just won't go anywhere. I don't have Kitty at a meaningful rarity yet though so I can't test this

I'd like to tell you how Air-Walker is the best champion in the game.

But the people are not ready to hear the hallowed words.

I shall hear you out. Make thy case.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    I mean kitty pryde is borderline top 3