**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you end game players still rank up 5stars?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
Do you end game players still rank up 5stars? I have 67 6stars, the ones I like are ranked up, others I’d like to but need duped to be worth it. There are champs I’d like to pull as 6stars which I miss, instead I pull some cool 5stars. For instance, I’ve pulled 5star Spider-Man 2099 (2x), Peni Parker and Kitty Pride recently as 5stars and considering ranking them but I’m not sure if it’s beating a dead horse at this point for me 🤔.
Would be happy to know your take on this? Do you find yourself in similar situation?

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    If there was a 5-star I liked such as KP, who I know won’t readily be available as a 6-star, and whom I could awaken in an instant, yes I would totally rank them up. I wouldn’t say it’s a dead horse at all, just that we need to become more selective as we focus our attention on R2s and R3s.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    I am not an endgame player yet, but I can say that I rankup only 5*s I love to play or when my gems are expiring. I have multiple 5* teams for dealing with low level content (my fave ones are Tigra, Mojo, now Kitty and Odin as well). But ranking up a 5* to r5? That hasn't happened in eons
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Very few these days but I regularly ranked them when I had as many 6s you do. 6 star progression is much faster now so 5s have less value but if they add utility in your roster then rank them.

Right, I took Spider-Man 2099 to r4 but a bit hesitant to pull the r5 trigger. I was bent to taking him up for his buff immunity utility. I do have Red Guardian as a 6star but he’s unduped and doesn’t look like I’d max sig him even if he’s duped.
    Honestly I can do fine without them and the utility they provide just that I find myself using the same set of champs most of the time and can be boring at times.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Can’t afford the t5b to rank up 5 stars

I know right. Imagine if newer variants had an additional r4-5 gem
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I still rank 5* champs that need a high signature level. However, with t5cc being as scarce as it is, I generally hold back from ranking up more than the absolutely necessary 5*s for my roster. I would certainly rank up more if I had a bit more leeway in terms of resources but I normally can't "waste" t5cc or t2a on 5*s as freely as I'd want to otherwise. I have both Kitty Pride and Shang-Chi as 5*s that I could rank up if I could spare the resources - but I can't.
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    I don't know if I can call myself "endgame player", but to the topic. The resource I need the most now is T5b. I still got 2 fully formed T5c, and as long as I can rank 3 6* champs, I will do so, even though there is Shang Chi or Peni waiting at R4. It takes you 7x T5b to get the 6* champ from R1 to R3, and speaking for myself, I can't afford to rank 5*s with anything other than rank up gems.
    *Only exception would be maybe Kitty Pryde, cuz I'm a simp*
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    Only with rank up gems. I do rank all of them to r3 though and sometimes r4 if I overflow catalysts.
  • very rarely. my main focus is to get all 62 of my remaining 6* to lv25. which ill need like 30m gold and like 800 iso bricks for each class.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Very rarely. In order for me to even consider ranking up a five star they have to be one that absolutely needs to be max sig or not be available as a six star (Wolvie).
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2021
    I ranked my Herc up this week and I will eventually do Thing and Cull for fun as they both need max sig, beyond that though no.

I’ve got 20 R3 and 100 6*, something like 35 R5 which is more than enough for me. I’m starting to think of my first R4 now, not 5*
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

I rank 5*s with rank up gems, or for certain champs. I ranked 5* Wolverine who isn't available as a 6*. I'm probably going to rank 5* CGR since I don't have him as a 6*. I don't rank them often.

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    I plan on ranking Ultron and possibly Odin in the near future. I dont have either as a 6* otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Yes
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    More likely to rank up a 5* than 6 these days. Mostly because there aren’t many 6* champs that I have that I want to use regularly and 5* are far easier to obtain and sig up if I want them.
  • SugewhiteSugewhite Posts: 18
    I will rank a 5* I like to rank 4 but I don’t rank 5 unless I have rank up gems I save all my t5b for 6* rank ups. I may eventually if there is a 5* I have that I can’t seem to get as a 6* but that has not happened for a very long time. I actually only even open 5* crystals now for the 6* gems or if you have the summoners sigil thing you can trade 20k 5* gems for 1500 6* gems which I have done when I had the sigil in the past.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Never past rank 3 unless with a gem. Rank 5 is completely out of the question as using t5b is absolutely a no go. Rank 4 is pointless, I would rather let t2a expire then waste t4cc
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I haven’t ranked 5 stars aside lower ranks for arena in a while now
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    For a while I stopped taking up 5* champs. But once I got over 20 6* r3's I started taking a few 5*s to r5 again. For ex Ms Marvel to make that Carina Challenge a bit easier, Masacre for V8, and Dragon Man because I just think he super fun to play.

It's a game, and I enjoy it more when I don't create unnecessary rules for myself.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Not an end game player but I have 118 6*. I will only rank up 5* if I have 3-4 or 4-5 gems or overflowing 2-3 gems. Even in my alt account with 55 6*, I just wait for a good 6* to rank. The only exception I made was r5 Shang chi and fury that I got recently.