**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on this month's Cav EQ?

1235»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rbk19 said:

Even the tagged champions are useless what is point of 0.9 sec stun for defenders in 2.1 chapter. The stun gets over before the attacker finish the evade

Try charging a heavy as soon as you evade with a champ who has a nice heavy reach, like Gwen, Venompool, Venom or Doc Oc.

It’s not ideal, and will take some practice but that’s how I’ve been doing it.
  • xXkuyxXxXkuyxX Posts: 41
    edited December 2021

Hate it

It's terrible, i preferred the way it was before, i

will stop doing Cavalier from now until they come with something different!
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    JaggedSac said:

Tigra whooped my buttocks after I got to her just by using Howard. Ended up using multiple revives. Anyone got any advice?

Human Torch was an easy one shot. He doesn’t fall victim to falter at high temps.

Also, you should be using 3-4 champs to clear the path so they spread out the cross fights and take more to the boss. You can have champs boosted by 150-150-150 or 150-150-75-75 then an extra champ for the boss who doesn’t fit the nodes.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Indifferent
    Rbk19 said:

Even the tagged champions are useless what is point of 0.9 sec stun for defenders in 2.1 chapter. The stun gets over before the attacker finish the evade

You block, they attack in while unblockable, you evade and stun them, every single time without fail I've been able to light and even medium counter...
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Looks like thronebreaker difficulty has come early and unannounced
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Hate it
    Rbk19 said:

Not sure if this is how you're supposed to do the fight, but what i've been doing is ... first throw 2 parry/heavies and then let them try to hit me to trigger the stun and counter with some combos. Repeat this when they are not unblockable.
    https://youtu.be/K714w9Hr4U4
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    What is in between “love it” and “indifferent”? That’s where I’m at. This EQ cycle has encouraged me to use champs I don’t usually quest with, which is quite refreshing. Plus, with the cross fight charges, you can use a different attacker every fight, so that your entire team can have a boost against the boss.

Yes, kabam could’ve done better by using broader tags - as somebody earlier mentioned, villain, hero, size tags, etc. But I still see it as a positive step.
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    Indifferent
    In my case I typically 100% each chapter in sequence before even moving to touch/complete the next to avoid changing teams all the time. Most were ok and I enjoyed the avengers one a lot.

That is, until I got to the mercenaries nonsense. I hate that one single chapter with a passion.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Hate it
    Rasilover said:

Looks like thronebreaker difficulty has come early and unannounced

Yeah, but with same rewards as cav.

This time they make me read a lot, after reading, feel tired to play, and forget what the first line said 😄
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    Hate it
    Typhoon said:

3.1 is absolute trash.

If u have Apocalypse and Cable, it helps a lot. Just keep doing parry/ stun, heavy. Occasionally throw a special attack. Cable works great against NF also.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Love it

Cav eq has been **** since the get go. They rewards are outdated

So the rewards are outdated since the get go?...
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Love it
    First run was a little difficult, but it's pretty good now.

Interesting nodes and quite fun. I'm sure it'll get better. Something interesting every month if they keep it updated.

I'm talking about the cav difficulty. Taking on the boss with boosted champs is a plus , so is the fact that bosses aren't just +300% health but a combo of interesting nodes.
  • SainttSaintt Posts: 3
    Hate it
    3.1 is total exaggeration and lack of ideas probably out of desperation.
    Bad choice kabam, keep on doing this and all what is left is only you playing the game.
  • DNA3000 said:

These pools of champions absolutely need to be increased, and not just to the same as classes, but more. People tend to rank up champions based on classes. “Oh my skill class is weak, better rank up this champ”. Nobody ever said, oh wow, I don’t have many A-Force champs ranked up, better fill up this gap in my roster. Most rosters have a fairly even split throughout classes. To accommodate that fact, I’d say the tags should cover around 40-45 champions, to increase the likelihood that people have suitable champions.

Well, you can't make filters so big that everyone has the champs, and then make the node all benefit and no penalty. That's just making the content universally easier. If you make the filters big enough that you're reasonably sure everyone has the champs, you have to design the difficulty on that assumption, and the difficulty will have to rise, and it won't be the players who have the champs that get a benefit, it will be the rare player that doesn't have the champs that get a huge penalty.
    Lots of interesting points, but I want to focus on this bit. Is there a reason this isn’t what’s happening with Cav EQ at the moment?

Take the science node for example that gives the science champ a fury each time a debuff expires. Every single science champ has at least 1 debuff, parry. And every single science champ except for Rhino and Abom applies debuffs at some point by hitting the opponent (Abom can with synergy).

Or the mystic nullify global, only 6 or so mystics don’t nullify. Or the mutant bleed purify/nullify, every mutant can take advantage of that. Or the mutant special hit gives furies, every mutant can use specials.

So you say “you can’t make it all benefit and no penalty”, but that’s what’s happening here with an average of 35 champs filtered per quest. So is it the 35 champs that’s the issue? If the tags were bumped to an average of 35, equal with Class based globals would that be ok? Why is Cav EQ with class globals with no downsides not making the content universally easier, but having 35 tagged champions being involved would be?

I’m not arguing for the filter to be half the champs in the game, just a little more than Cav EQ, due to the nature of how players strive to balance their roster. They try to balance based on class, not based on the tags used today. So why is this current round of Cav Eq nodes ok with 25 ish champions available but no more, but Cav EQ has similarly benefitting nodes, but 35 champions affected? All I can think of is that somehow there’s some difference in your eyes between the benefit that the nodes give, or the cross fights. I’d be interested to hear your take on it :)
    I kinda wish I had a complete list of all the Cav nodes, because honestly I haven't bothered to compile such a list. I'm mostly going from memory here, and my memory says that in general, the current tag-based nodes are more ignorable. All of the Class-based Cav node combinations seem to follow a general pattern. There's a buff on the defender that adds some extra difficulty component to them. Then there's a counter to that difficulty component that (mostly) only members of the class can take advantage of. Then there's an additional buff on the attacker that members of the class can build upon. So if you bring members of the class and use them effectively, you'll remove an element of difficulty and on top of that you'll have an easier time ending the fight quicker. Conversely, if you don't bring a member of the class to the fight, the fight will likely be much harder than the baseline difficulty because you'll have to deal with whatever the Cav node is adding to the defender that you might not be able to turn off.

The tag-based nodes this month are different in a couple of ways, but most significant for this discussion is that the downside element of them seems to be more ignorable or easier to mitigate without a filtered champion. For example:

Energy Interference: Every 4 seconds the Attacker is inflicted with a Power Lock Passive for 6 seconds. If the Defender is inflicted with a Debuff this timer is reset.

The number of champions outside the filter that can turn this off by landing debuffs is quite large. Or:

Robust Rivalry: Whenever the Attacker does not have any Buffs applied to them, the Defender passively Regenerates 1% of their Max Health every second.

Not only are there a lot of champs that can turn this off, you could even argue that the way the filter champs do is harder to execute than just bringing an attacker with a lot of intrinsic buffs.

In general, the penalty for not having the filtered champions is low, much lower than I think it generally is with the Class based nodes. But there tends to be noticeable penalties for not bringing members of the Class with the class based nodes, at least to a much higher degree than the tag based nodes.

I described this as a case between players "having" or "not having" the champions targeted by the nodes, but that's an oversimplification that masks the non-binary nature of what challenge the nodes pose. For most players, it is not enough to have "a champion" that fits the node. One champion will do better than none, but one champion will not likely solo the entire path. For most players, two is better than one, and three is better than two. The larger the filter is, the more likely it is that most players will have more of those champions to bring. The smaller the filter is, the more likely it is that most players will have fewer of those champions to bring. If we make the filters larger, we are in essence allowing players to bring a stronger roster on average. We then can - and in fact must - make the difficulty of the content higher to counterbalance this, by making the penalty when you're not using those champions higher. Across the entire playerbase this will average out: some players (those with more developed rosters) will have a much easier time, and those with less developed rosters will have a much harder time. Which is another way of saying there's a reward for developing rosters beyond ranking up a couple strong champions. That's one goal of the Cav nodes.

The converse is also true. If the filters are smaller and players are less likely to possess and have ranked up the champions in the tags, then players will be bringing fewer of them to the content. On average they will be getting less of the Cav node benefits, which is another way of saying on average players will be bringing less strong teams to the content. So the content has to be balanced around that: with teams that are closer together on average and less strong (less benefiting from the nodes) on average. That makes the content's base line difficulty generally lower and the penalty for not having the filtered champs closer to zero.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Hate it
    I hated them at 1st but in my exploration of it I grew to enjoy most of them, well what kabam is trying to achieve anyway. It needs some tweaking for sure but I like the concept.

3.1 sucked as a node forcing you to reparry but ai goes mh 90% of the time is terrible, but mascre spamming sp1 for those bleeds was so satisfying seeing the damage he could get upto.

3.2 was the funniest if it didn't give glaive a charge I used maw. It was so good seeing how good he could be just with some raised attack.

The others were ok falcon on the avengers one was so good though. Or sparkles on the aforce one, nothing like binary and give her even higher attack.

The concept is solid as you can use off tags and get it done reasonably fast where as the class ones took forever if you didn't have that class specific counter.

I wouldn't mind this staying at all but never repeat 3.1 in future content would be welcome for sure.
  • tuba576tuba576 Posts: 5
    I love the new tags. Nice change of pace from classes. Hate some of the new nodes. 3.1 is just stupid difficult. Taking so much block damage trying to bait heavies. One missed side step and you're dead. That's not fun.
  • Haven't done Cav EQ in months and probably won't for a while
    havent explored cav eq 100% in months and its because of kabam on insisting on making it annoying, stupid, boring, long and crippling to your roster, would much rather work on gearing up my alt acct to level 40 in preperation for the gifting event rather then do some stupidity that kabam continues to insist on putting out over and over again. #FoodforThought
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Love it
    What does « Cav EQ » aim?
    If it is the Epic difficulty, that’s good to see a return to the usual level.
    Not happy with Epic, do the others.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Hate it
    Hate it. This month should have been a celebration for players. A time to enjoy the game.
    Instead we got THIS, whatever this is... but definitely not something to enjoy the game.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Hate it
    Thank God. Bless the Lord.

Kabam finally listens to the Voice of the People!!!!
  • Thank God. Bless the Lord.

It's rotational, so we may see it again
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Indifferent

Thank God. Bless the Lord.

I'm guessing this month would have been the same regardless of the complaints about last month, which were way overblown. People can't seem to grasp that you don't have to use champs that get the bonus.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Hate it
    This months Thronebreaker EQ feels very much like what they did with the Cav EQ about a year ago.

Not sure why they’ve decided to bring it back.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★

This months Thronebreaker EQ feels very much like what they did with the Cav EQ about a year ago.

Not sure why they’ve decided to bring it back.

Bringing back a year-old thread (and continuing to vote on it) is a confusing way of trying to make this point. 🤔🤦
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    Indifferent

I think they've tried to make it too complicate and hard, and a sneaky way of making us rank up champs that don't matter.

Throne breaker you just need to do a few runs and it gets easier. Rewards definitely need to be upped as well.