**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, the EQ Design is your capstone of 2021

124»

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

DrZola said:

Just taking a look at it today and the first UI thought I have is that I wish the tags were alphabetized.

Sure there’s a search bar, but it’s set in something like 6-point font at best.

@Kabam Miike any way we could add this to a later update for ease of use?

Dr. Zola

I can definitely ask about that.
    Thanks Miike, please also add the ability to add tags that include all champs that satisfy one criterion.

So avengers tag and symbiote tag will return Captain America and Venom etc, instead of returning nobody.
    Yeah. The search function should work as an “or” for multiple selections within one category.

Separate from that, just make up a new tag for the Cav EQ quests if that’s easier. Y’all did it for bewhiskered. Make them invisible in months where those tags aren’t being used.
  • I’m not a throne breaker but I am lucky enough to have a roster that enables me to deal with the nodes. I just ignore the tags mostly and I use characters with the necessary utility. It is not a fun experience even chapter 1 was a pain in the ass to complete itemless. I’m just farming revives and health potions to blitz the next chapters when the MEQ solo event comes back.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

The "Game Team" uses the data. What people say here means little to them compared to the data.

Lol I wish that were true for DDHK.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

The "Game Team" uses the data. What people say here means little to them compared to the data.

Well considering they said "more players picked up and used Gully after her update" in the AMA thread about Gully, I'm pretty sure they do look, just only at the initial people being curious about the update data and not the well did they continue to use the updated champ data.

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

CAV difficulty should be calibrated for 5* R3 at best. Coz that's generaly where a new Cavalier player's roster would mainly consist of.

It shouldn't be restrictive, again keeping Cavalier level in mind.

It shouldn't be time consuming. They spent month after month tweaking it when it was Class designed, saying they were trying to make it shorter. Great job now lol

Everything they did here is indeed misplaced. It's like they want to cater to TBs - without making a proper TB MEQ with TB rewards coz... KBM are tight on that "game economy"? Lol

Result is something TBs players will turn around and either snob it coz their 6* R3 see no issues with it. Or like in my case, they'll find it boring and annoying as hell at the same time.

For me, on a good day, running 7 freaking times the last chapter is something I don't look forward to. Add a bunch of Act 7.3 like nodes and two or three obscure champion Tags they want me to use. I'm downvoting this one into oblivion. Big fail to end a historically bad year, KBM. Smh.. from someone who's been a loyal player for 5 years and wants this game to succeed, you guys make it very hard for us to hang around these days.

While I agree there may be some overtuned encounters here (considering the entirety of the player bracket), I'm gonna have to disagree with the statement that Cav EQ should be tuned for R3 5 star. Though I haven't hit the disagree button cause it's not my style. I prefer to explain why.

5 star R3 is pushing it a bit in my opinion. I'm not sure what this theory is based on. I'd say if anything, maybe that could be said for Uncollected? Not sure, but certainly not Cavalier. If you had said 4/55 or R1/6, I think it would be a little more plausible. Especially since the roster strength to content ratio has only increased over time.You can't have something that's tuned for R3 5 star (or maxed 4 star, which is the equivalent power level) that gives out 7500 6 star shards and materials to rank 5 5 star or R2-3 6 star. That's just unbalanced at that point and not healthy for the game.

I do however completely agree that amount of players lumped into this content eligibility is far too many. And said so in another comment. We do need both another progression title and another EQ level asap. As the current highest available level includes players who have been playing anywhere from 1-7 years currently. Which of course is going to present a problem. Content that is overtuned for the entry level of the bracket and lack luster rewards/mental engagement for those at the other end of the spectrum.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

CAV difficulty should be calibrated for 5* R3 at best. Coz that's generaly where a new Cavalier player's roster would mainly consist of.

It shouldn't be time consuming. They spent month after month tweaking it when it was Class designed, saying they were trying to make it shorter. Great job now lol

Everything they did here is indeed misplaced. It's like they want to cater to TBs - without making a proper TB MEQ with TB rewards coz... KBM are tight on that "game economy"? Lol

Result is something TBs players will turn around and either snob it coz their 6* R3 see no issues with it. Or like in my case, they'll find it boring and annoying as hell at the same time.

For me, on a good day, running 7 freaking times the last chapter is something I don't look forward to. Add a bunch of Act 7.3 like nodes and two or three obscure champion Tags they want me to use. I'm downvoting this one into oblivion. Big fail to end a historically bad year, KBM. Smh.. from someone who's been a loyal player for 5 years and wants this game to succeed, you guys make it very hard for us to hang around these days.

While I agree there may be some overtuned encounters here (considering the entirety of the player bracket), I'm gonna have to disagree with the statement that Cav EQ should be tuned for R3 5 star. Though I haven't hit the disagree button cause it's not my style. I prefer to explain why.

5 star R3 is pushing it a bit in my opinion. I'm not sure what this theory is based on. I'd say if anything, maybe that could be said for Uncollected? Not sure, but certainly not Cavalier. If you had said 4/55 or R1/6, I think it would be a little more plausible. Especially since the roster strength to content ratio has only increased over time.You can't have something that's tuned for R3 5 star (or maxed 4 star, which is the equivalent power level) that gives out 7500 6 star shards and materials to rank 5 5 star or R2-3 6 star. That's just unbalanced at that point and not healthy for the game.

I do however completely agree that amount of players lumped into this content eligibility is far too many. And said so in another comment. We do need both another progression title and another EQ level asap. As the current highest available level includes players who have been playing anywhere from 1-7 years currently. Which of course is going to present a problem. Content that is overtuned for the entry level of the bracket and lack luster rewards/mental engagement for those at the other end of the spectrum.
    I disagree as well, though I may understand where the perspective is coming from. Some people are content-rushing, and it's become less of a feat to hit Cav because of information available. There are also people with Alts who content rush simply because they've done it before and they know what they're doing. I don't consider those Accounts to be a testament to the natural state of progression. In any event, 5* R3 is a bit too weak.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

Rookiie said:

Well considering they said "more players picked up and used Gully after her update" in the AMA thread about Gully, I'm pretty sure they do look, just only at the initial people being curious about the update data and not the well did they continue to use the updated champ data.

I am still unsure of how such a statement could be made with a straight face.

Data from a few days in just cannot be reflective of the overall grand scheme of things.

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

I disagree as well, though I may understand where the perspective is coming from. Some people are content-rushing, and it's become less of a feat to hit Cav because of information available. There are also people with Alts who content rush simply because they've done it before and they know what they're doing. I don't consider those Accounts to be a testament to the natural state of progression. In any event, 5* R3 is a bit too weak.
    And, to add to my previous thoughts about the next progression title. I'll likely incur some disagrees here as some seem to believe that one time completion of content should entitle you to advance endlessly, but I really hope that the next title is based on exploration (of multiple things)... And not single clears of content. Because if it is not, it will just continue the current trend of having players with 1+ years experience and 7 years in the same bracket. Which is both bananas and counterproductive in my opinion.

Veterans will continue to shout crank it up.
    Newly (new bracket) will continue to shout crank it down.

We can't continue to have so many different levels of players grouped together at the "top progression". It just doesn't work.

Now, even if this happens. And the next title requires more work to achieve (which I believe will actually solve some problems), there will obviously still be some complaints. It's just unavoidable to a certain degree. As a lot of players seem to believe they deserve to be at the "top" of the game. Even if others have invested anywhere from 5 to 50x the time into it that they have.

Rookiie said:

I am still unsure of how such a statement could be made with a straight face.

Data from a few days in just cannot be reflective of the overall grand scheme of things.

Exactly. That 5-10x pickup in use of Guillotine might just be users testing the buff out, no more than that.
    If the data is consistent over at least 12 weeks then I would say good, the defensive stance over her buff holds some truth to it.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I really really enjoyed the nick fury fight. First it was frustrating but then I realised you can use his power return to your advantage.

That way you can constantly just bait his sp2 over and over and never bother with his sp1
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Lol who's liking every post within seconds of posting it? Better than the disagrees though
    edited December 2021

Lol who's liking every post within seconds of posting it? Better than the disagrees though

It’s a mystery 👀