**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bug or AI change?

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
Anyone else having an issue with the defender blocking a special that you launch right at the end of a combo? I’m launching specials like I have 1 million times before at the end of my combo but now I’m being blocked all the time.

I’m not sure if that’s part of the AI change or if that’s a bug?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    mattress said:

A.I.s definitely been tweaked.their have been multiple threads about it going on a month now with no comment from the team. It would be nice to know if it's something they actually changed or a byproduct of them trying to fix the timing bugs in the engine. But with this much time with no response, gonna say the former unfortunately

Threads about AI change have been happening for 5+ years, nothing new
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Once thing I've definitely noticed is the AI's recovery time. At times it has extremely quick reaction time after being knocked down or in between dash back intercepts, catching me off guard before I can react as usual. If you react too quickly, the opposite happens and AI delays its reaction which usually leads to a light intercept or a "dex" of your medium, followed by a combo to the face.

All this has lead me to basically revert to a safer, more primitive gameplay. Parry, MLLL, dash back and wait for AI to dash into me and repeat. Even then, that too is risky depending on how parry feels that day.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Long time ago they really changed AI. Looks like it's evolving Lol.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/226404/arena-ai-and-rewards-update#latest

• I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

Long time ago they really changed AI. Looks like it's evolving Lol.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/226404/arena-ai-and-rewards-update#latest

Well looks like they actually did the opposite
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    The programming of the AI is simple. Whatever the player/user does, the AI can do it faster.

Pressing the screen for your own champions to do something, lets use intercept as an example, simply initiates the AI to react faster and prevent your request.

Behind all that is a difficulty setting, a bit like FIFA, so that if the game wants you to use an obscene amount of potions and revives it cranks it up to almost impossible.

Then you can go into a heroic level fight and literally have a nap between the AI attacks. LMFAO
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Paulomota said:

Trust me it's a radical AI change, now it block and dodges, small changes that not showing up in any changelog

Here in the monthly mission, I had to repeat that path several times.

https://youtu.be/NTBfZ7RxgVI

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos this is bad. If you guys know nothing about AI changes can you at least look into it. Even if you don’t plan on making changes if AI has been updated recently just let us know what’s possibly going on. These inconsistencies messes with our gameplay and sometimes your head while fighting.
  • mik1147mik1147 Posts: 21
    You should see the AI in map 8 lol completly bonkers
  • OliverJWOliverJW Posts: 18
    There was definitely a change in the AI, I went back to playing in January and used the Quake a lot to explore act 5 and complete act 6. In most fights I easily caught 15+ on each wave of it and sometimes even reached 18. Currently the AI ​​is very aggressive and it's hard to get 12 charges with it, they're fighting all the time when you're in the corner and before they were doing some backtracking.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
    Paulomota said:

Trust me it's a radical AI change, now it block and dodges, small changes that not showing up in any changelog

Here in the monthly mission, I had to repeat that path several times.

https://youtu.be/NTBfZ7RxgVI

Yes this is exactly what keeps happening to me
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
    I just really really can’t understand why was so much chatter about the AI Kabam cannot respond at least some thing??? I mean even if they say it’s working as intended that is some thing. Just really would like to know if it’s bugged or they’re tweaking it or just simply acknowledging it would be nice.