**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Do you end game players still rank up 5stars?

124»

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    OG Scarlet witch was my last 5 star rank up and that’s because she can’t be obtained as a 6 star.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    When you say rank up.. I have assumed you mean past r3… I rank every 5* to r3 just cause I can.

This is no issue.. the real issue most are talking about is using 6* materials in 5* champs. I.e r4/r5.. this for me has been a no go for over 2 years.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

What people don't realize is if they Ranked a bit of everything, their Resources would spread around more. By all means, Rank what you like. Just saying, the shortages are in part because the game is designed to allow people to focus on all Rarities and balance over time. Focusing only on 6*s is certainly something people can choose to do, but it leads to some pretty deep imbalances.

This is entirely false. If you're Cavalier or lower, yes focus on 5*. If I ranked a bit of everything I'd have zero resources for my 6*. Do you think t5b, t4cc, t2a and ISO fall into our inventory when we need them? A single 6* from r1-r3 requires 7 t5b, 15 t2a, 7 t4b, and 15 t4cc. My alliance placed 12th the first two weeks of map 8. It wasn't even two full t5b from ranked rewards. Ranking a little bit of everything means nothing ever gets ranked to any usable point for endgame content.
    Disagree. The problem stems from only Ranking one Rarity. It's designed to take time to Rank higher Ratities.
    You can disagree all you want, you're still wrong. You do realize if I use t5b and t2a on lower rarity champs that it will take even longer to rank up the higher rarity champs, right? If I get 35k t5b frags a week from AQ(can't use crystals since they vary on drop rates), that means I would need three weeks of ranked rewards to get the t5b back from taking a 5* to r5. I get zero t4b or t4cc from AQ so I need to use glory on that to get those resources. Your thought process is to use resources that it already takes a significant amount of time to get and use them on lower rarity champs and therefore make it even longer to get the ability to rank the higher rarity champs. Do you see how that makes less than zero sense?

As an endgame player, I have almost all the same 6* as I do 5*. There's maybe 20 champs between the rarities that I don't have as a 6*. Explain to me why I should invest 12 t4b, 7 r4cc, and 4 t2a to get a 5* champ to the same level as the 6* champ STARTS AT.
    You and I are obviously going to disagree because you're of the mindset of swearing off anything but 6*s and I am not of the same mindset. SO we can agree to disagree.
    As for why, the game is comprised of 6 Rarities, not one.
    We're going to disagree because you're wrong and you can't say those words. I need you to explain to me why utilizing resources that take weeks to recuperate on lower rarity champs that I have in higher rarity is going to benefit me at all.

As I said in previous post, if you're Cavalier or lower, obviously rank 5*. I am very, very far past Throne Breaker's requirements. I have everything in game 100%. I have nearly every 5* on my roster as a 6*. Why would anyone rank both versions when doing so doesn't help them? I'm never going to use a 5* r5 if I have a 6* r3 of the same champ. In most cases, I'm not going to use a 5* if I have a 6* of the same champ. So please, enlighten me, what use is there?

Hint, you can't hence the "We'll have to agree to disagree" line you said. You're wrong, you know it and you can't admit it.
    You're free to assert I'm wrong, but that's still just an opinion. I'm capable of saying I'm wrong. I'm just not willing to say it when you're talking about your own personal choice and not the usefulness in general.
    You choose to Rank only 6*s. That's up to you. There are uses in the game for lower Rarities, and new ones come along all the time. You're free to choose not to partake in those uses, but it doesn't make those Champs literally useless.
    I'm talking about how distributing Resources allows them to flow at a more balanced pace, and I'm not convinced I'm wrong on that front. So I'm not admitting anything there. Prove me wrong on that and I will.
    The game has multiple Rarities. Not all content will be exclusive to 6*s. Feel free to play how you like. Either way, progress is the advancements of our Accounts, and it's not just isolated to the highest. On that front, we can disagree.
    Monk1 said:

When you say rank up.. I have assumed you mean past r3… I rank every 5* to r3 just cause I can.

This is no issue.. the real issue most are talking about is using 6* materials in 5* champs. I.e r4/r5.. this for me has been a no go for over 2 years.

Question. Would you rather use T2A on a 5*, or let them expire?

Monk1 said:

Question. Would you rather use T2A on a 5*, or let them expire?
    I have already said this is the only reason I ever now take 5* to r4 only.. to stop the t2a expiring. But using t5b on a 5* would never happen

The game balance is really broken at current. T2a and t5cc come far too quick in comparison to t5b. This should be partially by updates to glory store as minimum, but it won’t go far enough.
    I recognise we are playing a complete different game.. which is why origami questions was put to end game accounts.

We are in a r4 world where r3 is used for content everywhere

What people don't realize is if they Ranked a bit of everything, their Resources would spread around more. By all means, Rank what you like. Just saying, the shortages are in part because the game is designed to allow people to focus on all Rarities and balance over time. Focusing only on 6*s is certainly something people can choose to do, but it leads to some pretty deep imbalances.

This is entirely false. If you're Cavalier or lower, yes focus on 5*. If I ranked a bit of everything I'd have zero resources for my 6*. Do you think t5b, t4cc, t2a and ISO fall into our inventory when we need them? A single 6* from r1-r3 requires 7 t5b, 15 t2a, 7 t4b, and 15 t4cc. My alliance placed 12th the first two weeks of map 8. It wasn't even two full t5b from ranked rewards. Ranking a little bit of everything means nothing ever gets ranked to any usable point for endgame content.
    Disagree. The problem stems from only Ranking one Rarity. It's designed to take time to Rank higher Ratities.
    You can disagree all you want, you're still wrong. You do realize if I use t5b and t2a on lower rarity champs that it will take even longer to rank up the higher rarity champs, right? If I get 35k t5b frags a week from AQ(can't use crystals since they vary on drop rates), that means I would need three weeks of ranked rewards to get the t5b back from taking a 5* to r5. I get zero t4b or t4cc from AQ so I need to use glory on that to get those resources. Your thought process is to use resources that it already takes a significant amount of time to get and use them on lower rarity champs and therefore make it even longer to get the ability to rank the higher rarity champs. Do you see how that makes less than zero sense?

As an endgame player, I have almost all the same 6* as I do 5*. There's maybe 20 champs between the rarities that I don't have as a 6*. Explain to me why I should invest 12 t4b, 7 r4cc, and 4 t2a to get a 5* champ to the same level as the 6* champ STARTS AT.
    You and I are obviously going to disagree because you're of the mindset of swearing off anything but 6*s and I am not of the same mindset. SO we can agree to disagree.
    As for why, the game is comprised of 6 Rarities, not one.
    We're going to disagree because you're wrong and you can't say those words. I need you to explain to me why utilizing resources that take weeks to recuperate on lower rarity champs that I have in higher rarity is going to benefit me at all.

As I said in previous post, if you're Cavalier or lower, obviously rank 5*. I am very, very far past Throne Breaker's requirements. I have everything in game 100%. I have nearly every 5* on my roster as a 6*. Why would anyone rank both versions when doing so doesn't help them? I'm never going to use a 5* r5 if I have a 6* r3 of the same champ. In most cases, I'm not going to use a 5* if I have a 6* of the same champ. So please, enlighten me, what use is there?

Hint, you can't hence the "We'll have to agree to disagree" line you said. You're wrong, you know it and you can't admit it.
    You're free to assert I'm wrong, but that's still just an opinion. I'm capable of saying I'm wrong. I'm just not willing to say it when you're talking about your own personal choice and not the usefulness in general.
    You choose to Rank only 6*s. That's up to you. There are uses in the game for lower Rarities, and new ones come along all the time. You're free to choose not to partake in those uses, but it doesn't make those Champs literally useless.
    I'm talking about how distributing Resources allows them to flow at a more balanced pace, and I'm not convinced I'm wrong on that front. So I'm not admitting anything there. Prove me wrong on that and I will.
    The game has multiple Rarities. Not all content will be exclusive to 6*s. Feel free to play how you like. Either way, progress is the advancements of our Accounts, and it's not just isolated to the highest. On that front, we can disagree.
    And if you read one of my earlier posts, I said I only rank them when I need to like for Carina's or a specific content. Beyond that, name one use. How does me using 6* rank up materials help me rank those champions up when they are being used to get a 5* to a level they might be helpful but why would I do that when I have the 6* at that higher level by default? That's the point you're not getting. You're either willfully ignoring it or not getting it.
    I get it. I understood what you said. What you fail to realize is it's still a choice to Rank only one Rarity of any specific Champ. There are other uses. Arenas, Variants, Challenges, content comes along now and then. That includes future content. The idea that Ranking anything is a waste is just not accurate.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    As a old veteran player but recent TB:
    - Priority to the 6*, even if they are not awakened
    - Very few 5r5 at the moment
    - Maybe I will rank up some very rare champions as 5r5 because I haven’t got them in 6* (Doom) or because they aren’t released in 6* (Quake, Magik...), obviously based in their utility
    - But, except them, my rule was and is still simple: no more 5r5, very occasionally 5r4 instead of loosing too many T2AC (and if full of the associated T4CC)
  • ajt1003ajt1003 Posts: 1
    I've completed all content and have 24 R3 and 1 R4 6* and i absolutely will still take kitty pride or Hercules to rank 5 as a five star if i can pull them. Act 7 is a ton of fun and much easier than act 6. 5 stars work great and at the end of the day the game is supposed to be fun. Especially with all the bugs and frustrations this year-rank champs you will have fun playing. 5* R5 are very much capable of completing all content effectively.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    If you’re using anything other than expiring resources on champs below 5-stars, you’re bad at this. If you’re a TB player, these seem like decent reasons to rank 5-stars:

1) Champ’s true value comes from awakening and/or high sig

2) champ is totally awesome and 5-star is what you’ve got

3) gotta use these rankup gems

4) fills a roster niche for variant, cavalier EQ, or a specific utility you otherwise needed.

Hercules is absolutely checking boxes 1 and 2 if I get him. I FINALLY pulled Magneto as a 5-star, and he’s checking boxes 3 and 4. Void, Cap Infinity War, Crossbones, Angela, Omega - these are champs where the easy access to sig 200 makes a 5/65/200 arguably approach a 6-star in value. As a matter of course, thiugh, I always start trying to figure out what 6-stars to rank, then I shift to 5-stars if a class is lacking a target.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    When they give me rank up gems, or I get them in content. Or when they have utility, or synergies, I like and can use. Or when I feel like it.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Whats a 5*? I'm already ranking 8*s
    In all seriousness, no. Just to r3 for arena, r4 when i need to burn expiring t2a
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,127 ★★★★★
    I pulled a 5* spidey 2099 but I didn’t bother to rank up above R2. I would rather save my t4c and t5b in case I pull the 6* version as I am opening the featured crystals. It’s insane to pop 60+ t4c crystals trying to get enough of specific class t4c for the rank up.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Nah.
    The only one I’d consider ranking is a truly out of this world champ like Hercules.

Can’t afford the resources for 5* anymore.
    I actually haven’t even opened a 5* for months except for when I need iso
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    I do. Did Miles, Masacre, Namor and Man-Thing all recently. Each filled some need on my roster. Thinking about doing King Groot, too. He’s r4 max sig.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Sometimes
  • Superjoe8293Superjoe8293 Posts: 42
    All depends on which champs I have, I'll rank up 5 stars with high utility to keep my roster diverse and full of counters for anything that may come up. If I have a good 6* pull though, I will sometimes prioritize that especially if they don't need to be awakened and can be put to use.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Look under "Strategy and TIps"

Mostly 6* questions.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Look at me trying to r5 S2099, already took him to r4 but hesitant on r5 trigger and 🤯 💥

Glad I didn’t pull the trigger. I’m not sure how significant his dupe is, if it makes all the difference or no but will learn more as I look into it. Will appreciate insight from anyone that loves playing him as well. Appears generally ranking 5stars for someone like me is beating a dead horse.