**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you actually enjoying in playing Cavalier difficulty Monthly Event Quest

Answer honestly from all perspective including bugs and nodes and so on.

Are you actually enjoying in playing Cavalier difficulty Monthly Event Quest 137 votes

Enjoy Very Much
10% 14 votes
Enjoy Somehow
9% 13 votes
Partial
18% 25 votes
Hate Somehow
16% 22 votes
Hate Strongly
45% 63 votes

Comments

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’ve enjoyed a couple of the quests, especially 1.2 with Medusa, but some of them are really annoying.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I'm enjoying it more now than I was, but still not loving it. I haven't completed it all the way through yet though. I went from strongly hating (more like just being so annoyed with the direction of the game and losing more and more faith day by day) to partially enjoying. It seems a little harder than it should be so far but it's not as terrible as I initially thought. I wouldn't say I'm a fan per se, but it's not all bad either. I am enjoying using some different champs than normal. I am finding some 4/55s or 6 r1s doing the job with 1 or 2 5/65s or 6 r2s as well. For really difficult fights if the tagged champs don't work then I bring a specific counter for that fight (i.e. Namor for Electro, Mole Man for Void as I run suicides, Quake for Mysterio and Magik, all in 2.1 nonetheless...lol). That may not be "ideal" but that is what I am doing and then the other fights using the tagged champs for fun, and it is pretty fun I would say when it works. But definitely some things to improve and some node combinations are terrible. Luke Cage in 1.1 for example was harder than necessary for the first boss you face in Cav quest. But then Yondu (aka Mary Poppins) in 2.1 is really easy, so I don't exactly understand the thought process there. I am 100% each quest before moving to the next due to the annoying nature of building the tagged teams. Haven't gotten to 3.1 yet so we will see what I think when I get to chapter 3.
  • K1nnyK1nny Posts: 44
    I can see why some people doesn’t like the new Cav setup. I would say I have used about 60% of the tags for exploration, and there were definitely certain chapters where I did not use the nodes at all - like in 3.1 - my whole team was 2x doom, fury and white magneto. Doom and fury simply prevented the unstoppable. I didn’t have any good mercs therefore I used different counters.

Very enjoyable when you get the node furies, otherwise a longer fight than usual if you don’t have the tag champs imo.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed this month but think that the 3.1 path combo of tags and nodes is too niche. I used a non merc/GOTG champ instead, but the purpose of the tags is to give you an advantage when using those champs, and the nodes make that pool of champs mostly useless.

I also think the Luke Cage boss was over the top.

Other than that I had a lot of fun with it. If you use the nodes and get cross charges, any champ can hit really hard.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Votes aren’t showing for me, so my answer is “Partial.”

I assume this is the correct response since I have completed one pass all the way through Cavalier, but haven’t felt inclined to go back again. No items apart from a pair of heal pots on 3.1 (I think). But also not a ton of enjoyment either.

Dr. Zola
  • BiggerKevBiggerKev Posts: 21
    I've only 100% explored the 6 months prior to December, maybe 7, but I'm in no way enjoying this month. The community I'm part of has had a lot of people exploring ways to counter the nodes we've been given...with champs other than those designed to counter the nodes. Not true for every quest, but in terms of going for exploration, a necessity.

I've yet to see it if it's been given, but I think the community as a whole deserves an apology from the quest dev(s) for 3.1 of cav eq this month. Not only for implementing a node that demands reparrying when so many are having issues with simple parries, but for some of the defender choices (a path with stealthy and domino? really?) as well.

I explored all four quests before 3.1 (I explore before doing an initial clear, easier to 100% a quest once I have a feel of the nodes/champs being used), and now it feels like a bit of a waste. No way I'm wasting time/resources on 3.1 exploration. Not a huge loss, but this is content I look forward to every month. Hoping this doesn't turn into a trend. I'm fine with new nodes, happy even, but not if they're going to be this tone-deaf about designing them.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    BiggerKev said:

I've only 100% explored the 6 months prior to December, maybe 7, but I'm in no way enjoying this month. The community I'm part of has had a lot of people exploring ways to counter the nodes we've been given...with champs other than those designed to counter the nodes. Not true for every quest, but in terms of going for exploration, a necessity.

I've yet to see it if it's been given, but I think the community as a whole deserves an apology from the quest dev(s) for 3.1 of cav eq this month. Not only for implementing a node that demands reparrying when so many are having issues with simple parries, but for some of the defender choices (a path with stealthy and domino? really?) as well.

I explored all four quests before 3.1 (I explore before doing an initial clear, easier to 100% a quest once I have a feel of the nodes/champs being used), and now it feels like a bit of a waste. No way I'm wasting time/resources on 3.1 exploration. Not a huge loss, but this is content I look forward to every month. Hoping this doesn't turn into a trend. I'm fine with new nodes, happy even, but not if they're going to be this tone-deaf about designing them.

White Mags. Prefight for 3.1.

Dr. Zola
  • OliverJWOliverJW Posts: 18
    I think the biggest problem with this change is having to read the nodes and look for specific champions for each mission. I'm even finding it easier than before and it made me use a variety of champions that I wasn't using for anything. It is possible to make lines with 6r1 or 5r4 easily using the fury bonuses(which by the way are better than before as they accumulate for the next fight).
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Apart from the evade one and the mercenary one, I've enjoyed it, especially on the bosses.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 329 ★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Skipping this month . Amount of effort required to 100% is not worth the rewards . Just gonna auto play other difficulties and chill this month .

Same here
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I’ve enjoyed some it and really like the cross-fight benefits and most of the boss fights. Some chapters have a decent set of counters for the nodes.

The mercenary one is absolutely horrible though (only one I have left to 100%). Not enjoying that at all and don’t feel inclined to go back and finish it.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    Used only tagged champs all quests except 3.1
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Just completed and explored the first 2 chapters. No idea on the 3rd one, but so far it has been quite fun! I have used a few revives here and there, but nothing tragic.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I just finished exploring it. It’s far from perfect but I did enjoy it, really did and that’s just me. I used a lot of non-tagged champs and that may be why I enjoyed it. Some node combos and interactions were a bit awkward but I like they’re trying not to make Cav EQ repetitive and it’s the first time in EQ. I’m pretty sure they’ll improve upon it as we go. Between the class based EQ and this month’s, which will I choose? Honestly, I’m very happy I did something different this month. If they wanna alternate it every month, I’m down for it if it satisfies those that want the class based. As long they try to not make it repetitive I will appreciate it.
  • Superjoe8293Superjoe8293 Posts: 42
    I fully explored this month's. Love the cross charges, great idea, tags definitely mix it up a bit (not sure how I feel about them), that merc/guardian quest was rough.

For the evade one I thought that was one of the easier, I used venom and just parried/heavied and was stacking evades constantly. His quick heavy plus its long reach worked well.

I find myself now checking inventory on all the tags and seeing what champions I have ranked up for each. If there is a Robot or X-Men quest next time that would be dope.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I just don't do it anymore. Too long, just do the side quests if they are any good and the boss rush type things.