**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What does the community think about Miles Morales?

I just duped my 6*! I’m seeing he’s a decent option for abyss(any advice on fighting abyss would be appreciated as I do not know how to fight abyss yet) How good is this guy though? Any advice?

Comments

• ZoeTheGothZoeTheGoth Posts: 27
    Awesome awesome awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback, now does anybody know how good he is for war attack? Any specific lanes that might make him shine? Or any bosses he’s really good for?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He's good for the Rage miniboss since he deals a lot of damage and ignores the unblockable from the node
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I think he's a really solid champ; and the ability to deal with Unblockable is really useful. Only Mister Sinister deals with Unblockable Specials better; and he's a much less effective attacker than Miles. Plus, Miles can manage Unblockable basic attacks, too, once his Camo is active.

Taunt is very effective; although a lot more widely available now. He's definitely a useful tool to have in the box; and a great candidate for 6r2 or 5r5.
  • ZoeTheGothZoeTheGoth Posts: 27
    Appreciating all of this feedback, So sig level seems to be important? If so I’ll throw the 30 science stones that I have on him.

I think he's a really solid champ; and the ability to deal with Unblockable is really useful. Only Mister Sinister deals with Unblockable Specials better; and he's a much less effective attacker than Miles. Plus, Miles can manage Unblockable basic attacks, too, once his Camo is active.

Taunt is very effective; although a lot more widely available now. He's definitely a useful tool to have in the box; and a great candidate for 6r2 or 5r5.

How does Mister Sinister deal with Unblockable Specials better? All he can do is block them. He still takes chip damage, Miles doesn't
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

How does Mister Sinister deal with Unblockable Specials better? All he can do is block them. He still takes chip damage, Miles doesn't
    Only scenario I’d use sinister over Miles for unblockable specials is if they had a miss counter to counter Miles and an evade counter to counter spider Gwen as well.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    If I can get him duped he may be the 3rd 6* Science champ I take to R2. Camo is great, and the ramp up is faster if he is duped.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

He does against champs who bypass Miss.

I mean, let's not dwell on this. Miles is clearly better than Sinister in a multitude of ways. But if you're considering champs specifically engineered to deal with Unblockable, Sinister deserves to be high up on the list. Even if he isn't very high on any other lists...
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    Miles is definitely far from bad. His ability to completely dodge unblockable specials makes him at least usable and a solid option in niche situations
  • PulliPulli Posts: 116
    Miles is top tier for dealing with Aspect of War
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    ẞlue said:

Miles best science. Excellent fight control with Taunt, and his damage gets nutty when you grab 6+ Fury

What does NF do?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

tafre said:

He is cool for newer players but doesn't have too much use compared to other top science options. Needs some decent sigs to have good damage so not really a great option imo.

I really disagree with this, there is no champion who deals with unblockable as well as Miles. He is the top option in the game for it. Kitty and Ghost come close and work for a lot of the time, but try phasing Apoc Sp1 or Sp2 consistently, or P2099 Specials all the time. They can do it, but Miles has almost 0 error. He is a beast for it.

Plus, unblockable is being put all over the game at the moment, giving miles a hell of a boost in use. Miles is awesome, can't wait to R3 mine (as a non-newer player). He fills a gap nobody else does as well as him, seems a great option for end game players.
    Niche ability for sure but I don't see myself making use of it much. I am done with all content and other than AW rage node doesn't seem super viable in general.

You can certainly like him, just not my cup of tea. I do think he is decent champ, just not a science I would use. If somebody who is progressing has him duped, it could help a lot but he feels very meh to me. Just my opinion.
    Sorry but this is a very narrow minded outlook to have on champions, nowadays its better to have someone that has niche use , but is a top champion at that niche use , than it is to have a generalist. Just look at CMM or even Omega, they were top champs back then, but with newer slash buffed champions, they’re falling from the meta.

Based on what you said, Namor would be a worthless champion to have, since his sig is even more niche. Second, unblockable is not even niche?

Do tell us, what a good science champion is in your opinion. I’m curious

He does against champs who bypass Miss.

I mean, let's not dwell on this. Miles is clearly better than Sinister in a multitude of ways. But if you're considering champs specifically engineered to deal with Unblockable, Sinister deserves to be high up on the list. Even if he isn't very high on any other lists...
    Fair enough
  • R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★

Awesome awesome awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback, now does anybody know how good he is for war attack? Any specific lanes that might make him shine? Or any bosses he’s really good for?

Hes really good for attack and I suggest like making him sig 60ish. Really fun champ and is very similar to spidey 99
  • ẞlueẞlue Posts: 24
    tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

He is cool for newer players but doesn't have too much use compared to other top science options. Needs some decent sigs to have good damage so not really a great option imo.

I really disagree with this, there is no champion who deals with unblockable as well as Miles. He is the top option in the game for it. Kitty and Ghost come close and work for a lot of the time, but try phasing Apoc Sp1 or Sp2 consistently, or P2099 Specials all the time. They can do it, but Miles has almost 0 error. He is a beast for it.

Plus, unblockable is being put all over the game at the moment, giving miles a hell of a boost in use. Miles is awesome, can't wait to R3 mine (as a non-newer player). He fills a gap nobody else does as well as him, seems a great option for end game players.
    Niche ability for sure but I don't see myself making use of it much. I am done with all content and other than AW rage node doesn't seem super viable in general.

You can certainly like him, just not my cup of tea. I do think he is decent champ, just not a science I would use. If somebody who is progressing has him duped, it could help a lot but he feels very meh to me. Just my opinion.
    Sorry but this is a very narrow minded outlook to have on champions, nowadays its better to have someone that has niche use , but is a top champion at that niche use , than it is to have a generalist. Just look at CMM or even Omega, they were top champs back then, but with newer slash buffed champions, they’re falling from the meta.

Based on what you said, Namor would be a worthless champion to have, since his sig is even more niche. Second, unblockable is not even niche?

First of all Namor's sig is so much more versatile than Miles' ability and it comes with a top 5 prestige so it is just a bad comparison, Namor just brings so much more to the table even without prestige.

I just don't like him what is the problem with that lol, you don't have to agree with me. I find his use, missing unblockables, pretty useless for the most part unless you want to cheese stuff without paying much attention. I really don't see myself using him over champs like MrF, HT, CapIW, Wasp, MrNegs, Rulk, Ibom whom I actually have at r3 as 6 stars or Sp99, Void, Shehulk, SpiderGwen etc. unless I want to try something different just for fun. I really do believe all those champs have much better use than Miles and I realized I forgot champs like AntiVenom, Thing and Ihulk while I was typing this sentence.

I'm just not gonna like Miles. You can like him. That is perfectly fine.

P.S. CMM was never really "that" good imo and if you think Omega has fallen out of the meta you are playing a different game lol, there are ppl who r4'ed their sig200 Omega. I know @sleimon would agree 👀

The thing is, a lot of the champs you named don't have nearly as much uses as Miles does.

Miles has some of the strongest Taunt in game, and some insane damage to go with it, while cheesing Unblockable. Unblockable is everywhere in the game currently, making him that much more valuable.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,077 ★★★★
    ẞlue said:

tafre said:

Polygon said:

tafre said:

tafre said:

First of all Namor's sig is so much more versatile than Miles' ability and it comes with a top 5 prestige so it is just a bad comparison, Namor just brings so much more to the table even without prestige.

I just don't like him what is the problem with that lol, you don't have to agree with me. I find his use, missing unblockables, pretty useless for the most part unless you want to cheese stuff without paying much attention. I really don't see myself using him over champs like MrF, HT, CapIW, Wasp, MrNegs, Rulk, Ibom whom I actually have at r3 as 6 stars or Sp99, Void, Shehulk, SpiderGwen etc. unless I want to try something different just for fun. I really do believe all those champs have much better use than Miles and I realized I forgot champs like AntiVenom, Thing and Ihulk while I was typing this sentence.

I'm just not gonna like Miles. You can like him. That is perfectly fine.

P.S. CMM was never really "that" good imo and if you think Omega has fallen out of the meta you are playing a different game lol, there are ppl who r4'ed their sig200 Omega. I know @sleimon would agree 👀

The thing is, a lot of the champs you named don't have nearly as much uses as Miles does.

Miles has some of the strongest Taunt in game, and some insane damage to go with it, while cheesing Unblockable. Unblockable is everywhere in the game currently, making him that much more valuable.
    I agree that Miles is a great champion, but saying he has more uses than CapIW, Mr Negative, Spidey 99, Void, She Hulk, HT or Ibom is just wrong. We have been getting a lot of unblockable nodes so we're really seeing Miles' value, but he's not at the same level of other top tier science champs. At least not for now
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Unblockable