**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* AG is unfair.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Gamer said:

Texas_11 said:

Gamer said:

Zan0 said:

Gamer said:

Texas_11 said:

Gamer said:

Texas_11 said:

Gamer said:

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,
    I am typically not the one to complain, but this time I will. The 6* AG store is absolutely ridiculous . I am at the highest level in the game , and I preach to everyone in my ally and on the forum that resources age over time and become less valuable.

With this philosophy , I treat every single champ to their 5* AG and signature stones if I want to use them.

You guys go on about how much you want to prevent hoarding etc , but you just rewarded everyone that decided to hold on to their AGs.

This is not the vision in the roadmap , and I am a little disappointed that I am being punished for playing the game in the way you had intentions for.

I have no way of acquiring any more resources to get the 6* gem, this is a holiday event that I can't participate in, because I use the gems on champs I enjoy?

I may be speaking too soon, but I hope there is a way to acquire some 5* generics gems through the month , or I will be really diss appointed

I’m no where near a hoarder but had tons of 4 star gym cystal no use and sole cystal if you’re where top as you said you be having them regardless of hoarding.
    I am at the top and I traded in 1 mil worth of solo shards.

You need to do 3* -> 4*->5*

Do you understand how much RNG is involved in those swaps?

I only managed to get 3 5* AGs
    Unfortunately knew rng sucks but don’t said it wrong when it not it only wrong for you because you couldn’t if you could’ve you didn’t where’s hear to complain abuts it see
    You are right, if it worked for me I probably wouldn't have complained. However, it didn't. So I am on the forum as a confused player. More importantly, this is not a spending vs not spending issue. This is a resources issue like @BitterSteel said , if it was good that wouldn't be a problem.

I cannot earn it .
    There you’re problems you just complain yes it not I’m don’t take yours points but com one with this being 7 years of the game can’t felts bad of this yes Kabam said there trying to stop hoarding but we all knew whole don’t op let said 100 tier3 cystal just to let them in overflow. My point is unfortunately there where’s rng element in this game as all offer gatch hav
    Are you really trying to defend this pile of **** store?
    As always I’m having a problem with everything offer that’s this store one I’m barley playing anymore it disappointed in me how this community just complain abuts everything just because you didn’t getting the luck you need. Unfortunately you knew that’s when you played if you don’t like to playing a mcoc go play mff where’s u can getting most to lvl 60 all the way from 1 star to.
    My guy. I am not complaining about luck. I am
    Upset that I wasn't prepared for this. There was mo information. I would have passed up awakening my 5* champs
    I’m wasn’t prepared either nobody where aside from hoarder again I’m unfortunately just had the luck and over 20 4 star gem because never use and even I’m make a huge mistake in this store with the 6 star sig stone I’m though it was on for one read it wrong hopefully I’m can reverse that’s but probably not hav to live with that’s mistakes don’t u things I’m getting yours points again I’m no hoarder just knew Kabam always wil do something like that’s it not new in any games what so ever the only thing I’m wil said it the gym for the 6 star might cost a bit to much.
    Thank you , for clarifying your thoughts.

Peach hav great Friday night or where’s it is where’s u live
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Bocksarox said:

Just stopping by to say I agree with OP. I guess I will be hoarding everything on the off chance I can trade those more common resources for the rarest resources later on. Your plan of trying to limit hoarding just backfired hard, Kabam.

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I agree, was just talking about this in a line chat room.

Making the 5 generics for 1 6* class crystal ag was a duck move considering most players try to keep it under the max capacity. Should have been pro player this week, but I don’t see it. The gold is a bust, the trade in store only benefits the hardcore hoarders etc… 😒

There is no max capacity for 5* AGs FYI. I lhad 6 mutant, 6 skill, and 6 mystic going into this bc I pull the same classes constantly and have no unawakened champs in any of those classes
    You’re right about the 5* gems but the 4* are limited. I use them on new champs, I was able to trade in enough for 5 5* ag crystals which yield 5 different classes. If I had save every 3* and 4* gem I would be able to grind it out.
    Even more 3 and 4* gems wouldn't help you if you bought the 5 5* AGs already. Those are the only 5* AGs you can trade up for.
    That’s the point, maybe you’re not understanding. I said too many limits and expected us to hoard all the 5* ag.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I agree, was just talking about this in a line chat room.

Making the 5 generics for 1 6* class crystal ag was a duck move considering most players try to keep it under the max capacity. Should have been pro player this week, but I don’t see it. The gold is a bust, the trade in store only benefits the hardcore hoarders etc… 😒

There is no max capacity for 5* AGs FYI. I lhad 6 mutant, 6 skill, and 6 mystic going into this bc I pull the same classes constantly and have no unawakened champs in any of those classes
    You’re right about the 5* gems but the 4* are limited. I use them on new champs, I was able to trade in enough for 5 5* ag crystals which yield 5 different classes. If I had save every 3* and 4* gem I would be able to grind it out.
    Even more 3 and 4* gems wouldn't help you if you bought the 5 5* AGs already. Those are the only 5* AGs you can trade up for.
    That’s the point, maybe you’re not understanding. I said too many limits and expected us to hoard all the 5* ag.
    No I get the point. You made a choice that now you're unhappy you made. It sucks but that's the sort of thing that can happen when you decide something "has no value".
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    They do this to “look good” by giving us a trade in store but purposely make items overpriced and unattainable my most
  • DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    I mean, this feature is planned out this way. At least bugs are unexpected and you can excuse them the occasional unforseen interaction but to expect us to do the harder content and attain a 5* generic AG just to let it collect dust on the outside chance that some absurd situation like this will come out??? Why do anything??? Why wouldn't it be fun to use items as they're meant when you pull a champ. Even though 6* are the future, 5* are still able to do content.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam: don’t hoard

Anniversary week: hi hoarders are you ready for the rarest resource in the game?!

At least with the gold event you could grind that, sell ISO or whatever. This one it’s literally just hope you have enough generics or get lucky with solo event crystals. I’ve 100%ed almost everything in the game, there’s no where I can get more gems except variant 8, but with 1 5* gem in each class even that doesn’t change it.

I get the perspective, but I think this oversimplifies this too much. Kabam doesn't say "do not save resources at all." That would be extremely poor resource management, and this is obviously (in part) a resource management game.

The "don't hoard" thing is more of a recommendation to not hoard crystals and resources that could benefit significantly now, just for a chance they might benefit you more in the future. No one is saying to burn all your awakening gems immediately, or open all your crystals immediately. If Kabam wanted us to do that, they could simply force all crystals open now. They obviously have the technology to do that.

I have lots of 5* AGs and I feel no pressure to use them. But I also feel no pressure to hoard them. I simply use them when I have a need to, and these days I don't have a need to. So I now have a lot of them.

Playing the game "as intended" does not mean burn every resource as soon as possible. Anyone who thinks that is the intent of either the developers or the game design has it wrong, and no one has ever said that. The game intends you to use resources when they will be of value to you in a rational way. It is irrational to save resources at the expense of hurting your game progression or experience. But it is also irrational to blow through your resources indiscriminately. Neither of those are what the game intends players to do.
    Kabam literally stopped showing featured crystals previews because they didn't want people hoarding, they just changed the gold because they didn't want people hoarding. The messaging is pretty clear for me with their intentions and how they want the game to be played

Kabam does force us to open our crystals it's called spring cleaning and they do it every now and again.

I had a ton of 5* AGs as well and when I like a champ I use them on that champ, I don't see anything wrong with that. I think with their philosophy, it shouldn't be a 6* AG as a trade in, for 5 generics. Why am I being punished for using my resources ?

It is irrational to hoard a resource thinking that it will
    Become more valuable later on when we are on 6* R3 champs. Should I start hoarding my 6* gems just in case we can trade them for 7* gems? I don't explore the EQS besides cavalier because they don't benefit my account.

What do you think Kabams intentions are?

I was able to get up to 3 generic AGs. How will I earn them now? Arena , Variant. Why am I being punished?
    You're not really being punished. You either have the Items or you don't. It's not something everyone is supposed to get.
    I am 100% being penalized for not hoarding. If they would have said in jan 2021 to hold your 5* AGs for the end of the year , guess what I would have done?

This is an offer I believe that everyone should of had a fair chance to get. No money required or time required. There was no actual currency to obtain this except for hoarding.
    They didn't even likely know this was the route they were taking in January. Also, no. You're not being punished. You either have what you need to get one or you don't. We're not all entitled to have them.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty disappointed with the rate of 5>6 gems. I traded everything to get 5 of the 5* gem crystals and already had one in the inventory. Still couldn't get more than two in any class.

Everything with the game is so contradictory lately.. Don't hoard . But wait here's something you can only get us5 you hoard!
  • I just feel that with every resource now there’s no use in using it unless you absolutely need to. I mean, should I keep a buffer of 10m gold in case another offer is released? Should I keep at least max awakening gems just in case? What about arena boosts? I mean I don’t think they’d be used to buy something, but I’ve heard the same said about gold before last month.

I've always felt that way. Except I don't use resources when I absolutely need to, I use them when they will give me an acceptable benefit now that is greater than or equal to their likely depreciated future value.

5* AGs only matter to me if I'm awakening a 5* champ that I will rank up and use now. As in, right now, ten seconds after awakening. If I'm planning to use the champ next month, or next week, that awakening is worthless now. I awaken when that awakening will be put to use, and not before. Because of that, I tend to naturally awaken champs before I get around to using them, which is why I have a lot of 5* AGs lying around. I am not hoarding them. I am holding them to use when a specific need arises. If that need arose, I would burn them in an instant.

The thing is, I don't complain about resource shortages, I don't complain about slow progress, I don't complain about resource availability unless it reaches game breaking levels across the playerbase. I don't complain about what my resource management decisions do to me personally. If you're going to take the position that you're not going to spend anything just in case some future opportunity better comes along, I think that's a valid position to take *if* and *only if* you don't complain about the side effects of that decision.

Most players don't' have the discipline to live with their decisions. They think they have the right to decide to play the game however they want and complain when that approach doesn't generate acceptable results. That's the fundamental reason behind Kabam's discouraging hoarding in general. In trying to play efficiently, players are strangling their own progress and blaming the game for not bailing them out. I don't believe you're one of those players, so hoard all you want. Kabam doesn't really care. But in general, most people who do hoard do so to their own detriment and either don't realize it or won't accept it. They are the targets of the "don't hoard" recommendation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

DNA3000 said:

Anniversary week: hi hoarders are you ready for the rarest resource in the game?!

At least with the gold event you could grind that, sell ISO or whatever. This one it’s literally just hope you have enough generics or get lucky with solo event crystals. I’ve 100%ed almost everything in the game, there’s no where I can get more gems except variant 8, but with 1 5* gem in each class even that doesn’t change it.

I get the perspective, but I think this oversimplifies this too much. Kabam doesn't say "do not save resources at all." That would be extremely poor resource management, and this is obviously (in part) a resource management game.

The "don't hoard" thing is more of a recommendation to not hoard crystals and resources that could benefit significantly now, just for a chance they might benefit you more in the future. No one is saying to burn all your awakening gems immediately, or open all your crystals immediately. If Kabam wanted us to do that, they could simply force all crystals open now. They obviously have the technology to do that.

I have lots of 5* AGs and I feel no pressure to use them. But I also feel no pressure to hoard them. I simply use them when I have a need to, and these days I don't have a need to. So I now have a lot of them.

Playing the game "as intended" does not mean burn every resource as soon as possible. Anyone who thinks that is the intent of either the developers or the game design has it wrong, and no one has ever said that. The game intends you to use resources when they will be of value to you in a rational way. It is irrational to save resources at the expense of hurting your game progression or experience. But it is also irrational to blow through your resources indiscriminately. Neither of those are what the game intends players to do.
    Kabam literally stopped showing featured crystals previews because they didn't want people hoarding, they just changed the gold because they didn't want people hoarding. The messaging is pretty clear for me with their intentions and how they want the game to be played

Kabam does force us to open our crystals it's called spring cleaning and they do it every now and again.

I had a ton of 5* AGs as well and when I like a champ I use them on that champ, I don't see anything wrong with that. I think with their philosophy, it shouldn't be a 6* AG as a trade in, for 5 generics. Why am I being punished for using my resources ?

Become more valuable later on when we are on 6* R3 champs. Should I start hoarding my 6* gems just in case we can trade them for 7* gems? I don't explore the EQS besides cavalier because they don't benefit my account.

I was able to get up to 3 generic AGs. How will I earn them now? Arena , Variant. Why am I being punished?
    You're not really being punished. You either have the Items or you don't. It's not something everyone is supposed to get.
    I am 100% being penalized for not hoarding. If they would have said in jan 2021 to hold your 5* AGs for the end of the year , guess what I would have done?

This is an offer I believe that everyone should of had a fair chance to get. No money required or time required. There was no actual currency to obtain this except for hoarding.
    They didn't even likely know this was the route they were taking in January. Also, no. You're not being punished. You either have what you need to get one or you don't. We're not all entitled to have them.
    Sorry,
    I just don't agree. If we worked to be at the highest peak in the game and have no way of earning a resource that is not available almost anywhere in game , then I am entitled to that. Just like many others.

If they didn't know they were planning this I January then how am I supposed to hoard? Can't plan for what you don't know.

I keep units in my account just in case a deals pop up. I keep revives in my account just in case content comes up. I don't keep 5* AGs lying around just in case I can trade it for a resources that's has only been available 3 times in 3/4 years. And when I tried I could only come up with 3/5.

You deserve this too GW , if you don't feel that you don't , then it's okay, I'll fight for you too. You should enjoy your champions without having this happen.
    It's not a matter of deserving. That's subjective. I feel I work hard and I'm good at what I do. Life doesn't always coincide with that. I can't look at it as Lamborghini is punishing me because I don't have the $464, 009 CDN to buy the Aventador. If I don't have it on me, then I don't have it on me. (By the way, if Kabam had a leasing plan, I'd be all over it. LOL)
  • HudsonmanHudsonman Posts: 52
    Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,
    I am typically not the one to complain, but this time I will. The 6* AG store is absolutely ridiculous . I am at the highest level in the game , and I preach to everyone in my ally and on the forum that resources age over time and become less valuable.

With this philosophy , I treat every single champ to their 5* AG and signature stones if I want to use them.

You guys go on about how much you want to prevent hoarding etc , but you just rewarded everyone that decided to hold on to their AGs.

This is not the vision in the roadmap , and I am a little disappointed that I am being punished for playing the game in the way you had intentions for.

I have no way of acquiring any more resources to get the 6* gem, this is a holiday event that I can't participate in, because I use the gems on champs I enjoy?

I may be speaking too soon, but I hope there is a way to acquire some 5* generics gems through the month , or I will be really diss appointed

Completely agree. It makes zero sense-i have 100% everything in game except variant 8 and ill have that done soon-just was busy last month so been taking my time. From now on I will just be hoarding all my 5* AG's. Odd and disappointing choice to encourage us to do that. I was able to trade up to 4 generics and i have 2 science AGS so if i get really lucky with the V8 RNG than ill be able to take advantage but i'm not holding my breath.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

I’m no where near a hoarder but had tons of 4 star gym cystal no use and sole cystal if you’re where top as you said you be having them regardless of hoarding.
    Having lots of 4* AGs and having lots of generic 5* AGs are two very, very, very different things.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

DNA3000 said:

Sorry,
    I just don't agree. If we worked to be at the highest peak in the game and have no way of earning a resource that is not available almost anywhere in game , then I am entitled to that. Just like many others.

If they didn't know they were planning this I January then how am I supposed to hoard? Can't plan for what you don't know.

I keep units in my account just in case a deals pop up. I keep revives in my account just in case content comes up. I don't keep 5* AGs lying around just in case I can trade it for a resources that's has only been available 3 times in 3/4 years. And when I tried I could only come up with 3/5.

You deserve this too GW , if you don't feel that you don't , then it's okay, I'll fight for you too. You should enjoy your champions without having this happen.
    It's not a matter of deserving. That's subjective. I feel I work hard and I'm good at what I do. Life doesn't always coincide with that. I can't look at it as Lamborghini is punishing me because I don't have the $464, 009 CDN to buy the Aventador. If I don't have it on me, then I don't have it on me. (By the way, if Kabam had a leasing plan, I'd be all over it. LOL)
    Kabam would kill it with payment plans lol.

Now , Imagine we have the same 10 mil in the bank so we are both ready to buy any lambo we wanted.

( The lambo we are discussing only has shown up 3 times)

Let's say Lambo company calls you and says "hey GW it's here come in and get it" You go to the store to pick up your lambo and they say they can only sell to you if you didn't get last years edition, no lambo owner can have 2 years back to back. If no one informed you of that at the time of purchase , how can you prepare in advance?

Now I walk in there and just so happens I skipped the last 2 years of buying a lambo ,so I get the lambo. $$ wasn't the factory so what was? Luck?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Gamer said:

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

Having lots of 4* AGs and having lots of generic 5* AGs are two very, very, very different things.
    Im had 2 5 star ger stil mange to build op to a gym need for me rng wasn’t the best
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

No 5 star gems in the calendar. Are you kidding?

Crazy.
This discussion has been closed.