**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Gold boost live or not yet? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• SormorSormor Posts: 14
    Yeah, definitely opened a good bit (for me at least) of gold and arena crystals thinking this was live and actually as promised.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Seems like whatever was implemented at first was far from the golden solution ;)
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
    It looks like they updated the UC gold crystal from 15K to 19.5K, a 30% increase.
    Just did, I got from 1 UC gold crystal 19.5K up from 15K. So they did make the changes for UC gold crystal, don't know about the other gold types.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★

Just did, I got from 1 UC gold crystal 19.5K up from 15K. So they did make the changes for UC gold crystal, don't know about the other gold types.

The rates look to have changed to the flat 30% increase for me too.
    Do we have any update on whether this applies to battlechips or is it a different story for them?
  • VinodCherryVinodCherry Posts: 60
    @Kabam Miike Mate you mentioned it went live at 10. So went tour words and opened all crystals.

When I opened the golden crystals the minimum was showing as 2500 but now it’s reflecting as 3200 :(
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    Great times

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Values have been increased permanently which makes total sense since the boost is permanent

I haven't bought it to check if it is changed once you buy it because it seems a bad price but the basic gold crystal in the glory store still has the description of the old minimum amount on the purchase screen.
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    Imagine getting a coupon from a store that is a 30% off coupon. So something that is $10, would be $7 instead. But instead this coupon isn't actually 30% but instead sometimes it's 50% off and other times it's 10% off.

You as the customer would be pissed about false advertising. Same thing just happened here. Increasing higher jackpot amount frequency is not the same thing as increasing gold by 30%. You need thousands of data points for that jackpot increase to mean anything.

To us, this seems like another over promise and under deliver. Like seriously, all you had to do was go in and put +30% on all gold. Can't be that hard.
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I got 19.5k on my uncollected crystals so I think they’re alright to open now
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★

Spunjiee said:

So now that this is going to be implemented correctly, Please provide compensation to the people who popped crystals based on your "its live now" post @Kabam Miike

Make this right.

I Don't think it is possible to compensate
    This is the start of more bigger problem now
    How they gonna know who opened how many crystals

Even if they send fixed Compansation to everyone this is no solution
    Some people Opened 100 crystals while some opened 1000 of them

I myself opened more than 4k
    Looks like those who opened crystals are just gonna get ****.
    Why should they even compensate? It's written "wait after the ingame message"
    There isn't any ingame message yet, so everybody who opened crystals just opened crystals. That's it.
  • Badass84 said:

Spunjiee said:

So now that this is going to be implemented correctly, Please provide compensation to the people who popped crystals based on your "its live now" post @Kabam Miike

Make this right.

There isn't any ingame message yet, so everybody who opened crystals just opened crystals. That's it.
    Which in-game message you referring buddy ?
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★

Okay i yield. We did a bunch of openings and while we averaged at 23.6k we compared to screenshots found from 20% gold boost where it was averaged at 21.9k so yeah i guess its not as bad as miike explains it

I averaged out to 24.7 a crystal and mine said a minimum of 19.5k a crystal
  • odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★

Alright, everybody! We've just pushed the change live, so the change to Gold amounts should be live within the next hour.

This change will revert the drop rates of the crystals to the old ones, and increase all gold payouts by 30% instead of the current system.

This should not change how much Gold players got from opening many crystals, but we are going to verify to make sure that is correct. We will look at the gold payouts before and after the change early next week, and determine if there is any action required.

Thank you all for pointing this out, and we apologize for this situation and confusion.

To the old ones?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Ace2319 said:

Okay i yield. We did a bunch of openings and while we averaged at 23.6k we compared to screenshots found from 20% gold boost where it was averaged at 21.9k so yeah i guess its not as bad as miike explains it

I averaged out to 24.7 a crystal and mine said a minimum of 19.5k a crystal
    Same
  • MBoguszMBogusz Posts: 98 ★★

Alright, everybody! We've just pushed the change live, so the change to Gold amounts should be live within the next hour.

This change will revert the drop rates of the crystals to the old ones, and increase all gold payouts by 30% instead of the current system.

This should not change how much Gold players got from opening many crystals, but we are going to verify to make sure that is correct. We will look at the gold payouts before and after the change early next week, and determine if there is any action required.

Thank you all for pointing this out, and we apologize for this situation and confusion.

And for those who already opened?

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Badass84 said:

Spunjiee said:

Make this right.

Do everyone lives in forums...Where is the in-game mail stating to wait before opening the crystals.
    Btw I have not opened a single one yet, I have ~700 ucgc
  • Badass84 said:

Spunjiee said:

Make this right.

Maybe you are referring about the post last week to wait ingame
    But why they posted here that gold boost is live ? Can u explain

This is stupidity how a player know if kabam team is saying that boost is gone live and after few hours they just changed totally
    I opened crystals bcuz of post that mention - Boost are now live and u get 30% boost overall not in a single crystal open.

And if u referring abt In-game message
    There is still no in-game msg coming from kabam regarding gold boost is live
    Even after @Mike post.
    So u will not gonna open crystal ?? 🤣😂 until u get ingame msg.
  • Jeromix_2ndJeromix_2nd Posts: 20
    edited December 2021
    Wow. Now this is what one calls 'a hiccup' :tongue: Could this whole mess had been avoided by using other wording?
    1. we will make changes to gold crystal drop rates so your average yield will most likely see a significant increase
    2. we will message you in-game in a few days once the implementation of this change will be complete (=without the unfortunate mention of specific date and hour)
    But let's be fair. Customer-facing roles are not very rewarding and one is much more likely to earn a smack on the head rather than a pat on the shoulder ;) Everyone makes mistakes, this one will end up in memes rivalling the 'Kabam potato servers' for years to come, that's for sure :lol: At least the team obviously acted quite quickly to solve the disaster ASAP.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Seems the Update is now working. Thank you to Kabam Miike and the rest of the team for listening to our pleas and (sometimes whiny) cries for help XD.

Now....can we talk about that trade in store offers?...>_>