**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* AG is unfair.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Elwind said:

Elwind said:

5 5star awakening gem for 6star awakening crystal is too much.Trade my every awakening gems but couldnt reach 5 generic gem.(I am endgame player by the way).I think there must be 3 5star awakening for 6 star awakening crystal.

How could we have known that this kind of store would come. Then let's save everything and use nothing anymore.Is this what you want ? @Kabam Miike

If you make it 3, then people with 2 will complain. It’s an endless loop unless they mail one to everyone, in which case whatever progression level doesn’t get one will complain
    1 or 2 is less and 4 or 5 is too much but 3 is average number...
    Average of what? Trading one 5* for one 6* is ludicrous. The absolute reasonable min is what? 4? 5* gems for endgame players are completely worthless. I would take 1 t4cc over a 5* gem anyday
    I think they should have put the AGs in arena. Milestones would be good. If they want to limit the people that get it, they can easily say only 5* and 6* champs could participate. They would naturally eliminate certain groups or at least make them work very hard for it.

Edit- Maybe 50 mil in total

10 mil = 1 AG.
    20 mil= 2 AG

Those that need 5 would have to work extremely hard to get the 5 generics. Those that are short would have to work a little less ,
    Or made it so you could buy a generic 5* for 3 class gem crystals, and you could trade a 5* class gem for a class gem Crystal.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Elwind said:

Elwind said:

5 5star awakening gem for 6star awakening crystal is too much.Trade my every awakening gems but couldnt reach 5 generic gem.(I am endgame player by the way).I think there must be 3 5star awakening for 6 star awakening crystal.

How could we have known that this kind of store would come. Then let's save everything and use nothing anymore.Is this what you want ? @Kabam Miike

If you make it 3, then people with 2 will complain. It’s an endless loop unless they mail one to everyone, in which case whatever progression level doesn’t get one will complain
    1 or 2 is less and 4 or 5 is too much but 3 is average number...
    Average of what? Trading one 5* for one 6* is ludicrous. The absolute reasonable min is what? 4? 5* gems for endgame players are completely worthless. I would take 1 t4cc over a 5* gem anyday
    I think they should have put the AGs in arena. Milestones would be good. If they want to limit the people that get it, they can easily say only 5* and 6* champs could participate. They would naturally eliminate certain groups or at least make them work very hard for it.

Edit- Maybe 50 mil in total

10 mil = 1 AG.
    20 mil= 2 AG

Those that need 5 would have to work extremely hard to get the 5 generics. Those that are short would have to work a little less ,
    Or made it so you could buy a generic 5* for 3 class gem crystals, and you could trade a 5* class gem for a class gem Crystal.
    Yes that's also a solution

I took the situation of someone who may be end game and just use their gems just because so have 0/5.

This arena suggestion of 5* and 6* only keeps cavalier players and uncollected from doing the milestones because it's a TB event anyway , right?

For beginner TBs this also puts a slight strain on their roster , and it's not super difficult , but they will have to work to get that 6* gem.

50 mil in arena without a developed roster is not fun , but doable.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I think they should have had 5 of any class for 1 generic as a trade, and allow that 3 or 5 times, so if people had a couple generics already they would be good. 3 of a specific class or 5 of any class for 1 generic
  • AtulitAtulit Posts: 11
    I really agree when 5 star featured came out ...I pulled scarlet witch ,herc ,american chavaz ,Jf etc etc
    I viewed those AG as one sig stone and nothing else .
    If I ever had even a slight idea abt this ...I would have never used those .
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I made a thread that got deleted, but I guess this thread is similar. Lesson learned. I’m hoarding everything Brian grant style from now on. I guess all their talk about server load was just BS

There’s been a significant amount of feedback from others here that understands better than I that it isn’t common items causing server problems, it’s unique items persisting beyond anticipated life.

I rather think instead they just see hoarding overall as a cultural problem for the game. I don’t really get it.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Yeah, the last resource I hoard is awakening gems…..so of course…
    Gmonkey said:

Besides hero crystals and gold I will not be opening any more crystals from now on. Hope they enjoy that this will be what everyone does going forward. I was using 5 star awakening gems because they complained about crystal hoarding. Well that is done I am going to try and get tens of thousands of crystals now. Hope you don’t mind beefing up your GCP instances.

Who specifically complained about hoarding, and when? 5* AGs have never been part of the RNG generation from the solo crystals, and thus are very finite in number. I don’t see saving them as being a big issue.
  • Lovejoy72 said:

Agree. I had 3 generic 5* AG going into store event and even with the 3 5* AG crystals that I had available to open plus the 5 5* AG crystals I had to trade for, for a total of 8 AG crystals, I was only able to get one more generic which leaves me one short of the 5 needed. So Now i have 2 class based 5* AG in 5 of the 6 classes and no way to get a third and I’m sure if I get one, the RNG would give me the AG in the 6th class that I don’t need. The fact that they won’t let us use multiple classes is straight up ridiculous. Leave it to Kabam to screw up an event they were expecting to make summoners happy. Typical. Who runs this company??? What a joke.

That is a complete overstatement, utterly hyperbolic. They got so much of the rest right, from calendar to arena to arena solo event. To see so many claims that a single piece of the trade in store or the nature of the gift have somehow proven them incompetent? It’s an ungenerous claim, and a hyper privileged self serving attitude.
    You do realize how hard they have made it to awaken a 6* champ with the RNG and to procure sig stones? Self serving? Sure but you don’t think Kabam cares about the revenue they generate on this game? Happy summoners means more money. They said a fair trade for one 6* sig stone was 25 5* generic.. is that fair? I think a tad excessive but I don’t have enough 6* stones and so I traded as much 5* as I could. The only trade in item worth caring about for TBs is the 6* AG so yes, I will be echo my feelings that they made it extremely difficult to obtain. Why else leak all this prior to the event about a AG trade in being available in store, which raises everybody’s hopes only to make it extremely limited to the summoner pool.

Yes I agree that the anniversary calendar is nice and the objectives for the arena were unexpected and well thought out. But while extra 6* shards and catalysts are nice, those are much easier to come by in this game now.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    Wholeheartedly agree with this post. I've been burning AGs lately because they've been collecting dust for ages. Now I find myself with 4 generic 5*gems, and no means to gain a 5th. Sure could use a 6* gem in any class, but no bueno for this end game summoner.
    Doubt anything will get answered about it, but I'm glad to see BlindedLoyalty is still allowed to detail threads at will. Some things will never change

Lovejoy72 said:

Agree. I had 3 generic 5* AG going into store event and even with the 3 5* AG crystals that I had available to open plus the 5 5* AG crystals I had to trade for, for a total of 8 AG crystals, I was only able to get one more generic which leaves me one short of the 5 needed. So Now i have 2 class based 5* AG in 5 of the 6 classes and no way to get a third and I’m sure if I get one, the RNG would give me the AG in the 6th class that I don’t need. The fact that they won’t let us use multiple classes is straight up ridiculous. Leave it to Kabam to screw up an event they were expecting to make summoners happy. Typical. Who runs this company??? What a joke.

That is a complete overstatement, utterly hyperbolic. They got so much of the rest right, from calendar to arena to arena solo event. To see so many claims that a single piece of the trade in store or the nature of the gift have somehow proven them incompetent? It’s an ungenerous claim, and a hyper privileged self serving attitude.
    You do realize how hard they have made it to awaken a 6* champ with the RNG and to procure sig stones? Self serving? Sure but you don’t think Kabam cares about the revenue they generate on this game? Happy summoners means more money. They said a fair trade for one 6* sig stone was 25 5* generic.. is that fair? I think a tad excessive but I don’t have enough 6* stones and so I traded as much 5* as I could. The only trade in item worth caring about for TBs is the 6* AG so yes, I will be echo my feelings that they made it extremely difficult to obtain. Why else leak all this prior to the event about a AG trade in being available in store, which raises everybody’s hopes only to make it extremely limited to the summoner pool.

Yes I agree that the anniversary calendar is nice and the objectives for the arena were unexpected and well thought out. But while extra 6* shards and catalysts are nice, those are much easier to come by in this game now.
    I don’t have an issue with anything you stated here. Well said. My issue remains, entirely, the complete bagging on the event and the company based on these singular issues.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    That's my point. This isn't an indication that people need to change their habits at all. They can if they like, but keeping everything for the possibility this will come up again is a bit extreme in my opinion. If it's within my regular habits that I have them, I'll trade. If I want to use my Gems on something that comes along, I'm using them. It makes no sense to me to bypass my choices for a once-a-year off-chance.
  • DoubleBogeyDoubleBogey Posts: 14
    Lovejoy72 said:

Gmonkey said:

Besides hero crystals and gold I will not be opening any more crystals from now on. Hope they enjoy that this will be what everyone does going forward. I was using 5 star awakening gems because they complained about crystal hoarding. Well that is done I am going to try and get tens of thousands of crystals now. Hope you don’t mind beefing up your GCP instances.

Who specifically complained about hoarding, and when? 5* AGs have never been part of the RNG generation from the solo crystals, and thus are very finite in number. I don’t see saving them as being a big issue.
    Lovejoy72 said:

Gmonkey said:

You must be new to the game. Official kabam employees have said hoarding is an issue that negatively impacts the game on multiple occasions. When they do something like this, it completely undermines those messages. I suspect most endgame players will go to hoarding everything.
  • Jaded said:

That's my point. This isn't an indication that people need to change their habits at all. They can if they like, but keeping everything for the possibility this will come up again is a bit extreme in my opinion. If it's within my regular habits that I have them, I'll trade. If I want to use my Gems on something that comes along, I'm using them. It makes no sense to me to bypass my choices for a once-a-year off-chance.

You’re telling us that when you get a new op 5* breaking the current meta you won’t think “Pop a gem or save it in case of a chance at a 6* gem”? That’s ridiculous if you are claiming that thought won’t process in your head.
    If it were me I'd probably forget about this till next year if it happens again and then hate myself for using a gem like I'm doin now
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

You’re telling us that when you get a new op 5* breaking the current meta you won’t think “Pop a gem or save it in case of a chance at a 6* gem”? That’s ridiculous if you are claiming that thought won’t process in your head.
    If it were me I'd probably forget about this till next year if it happens again and then hate myself for using a gem like I'm doin now
    Yeah I could forget about it as well 🤦‍♂️
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

It probably doesn't
    Gmonkey said:

Jaded said:

5 stars are dead to me. When you have over 150 6 stars and 1 r4, 36 r3 and 24 r2 I never use 5 stars.
    That’s not the point, even a bran new meta breaking 5* someone will think about popping a gem in them and trying them out. Especially if they are unable to get the 6*. I don’t rank up 5* and haven’t in a long time minus a couple (scarlet witch was the last one I awakened and ranked up). I’m not talking about actually doing anything with the new 5*, but rather just the thought process of using a gem on them or not.
    Immortal said:

This was very upsetting ...

That happened to my main and alt account. Never been so lucky in my life to grab one of each lol.

Lovejoy72 said:

Gmonkey said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Gmonkey said:

You must be new to the game. Official kabam employees have said hoarding is an issue that negatively impacts the game on multiple occasions. When they do something like this, it completely undermines those messages. I suspect most endgame players will go to hoarding everything.
    I mean, sure, I’ve seen super generic statements about things you can generate large numbers of. I’m struggling to extrapolate from those statements about common items to how we manage our use of small numbers of rare items. I feel like folks are being disingenuous.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Yes because t5b and t2a are not being used by me on any 5 at this point. If I had the awaken and a r5 gem of that class then yeah I would do it but I don't hoard r5 gems either. Best use now gets it now.

I'm not the massive account of others here but I'm not a slouch either. All side quests, eq always 100, 5 lanes of 7.3 left and 100 all story, 100 all variants, 100, rol, rttl, and lol. Haven't touched aol yet as my revives stash is low from carinas.

Right now I'm the player kabam ask for as I get something, I use it right then on best case for it, at that moment. What they did is changed me entirely to nothing gets opened or used. I'll be hoarding for whatever is next.

I'm good with missing out this time as my choices to clear content easier at that moment I would do again but it truly impacts how I plan for future and the hoarding has begun.
This discussion has been closed.