**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

A bit curious about one star colossus...

TJayTJay Posts: 38
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
While I was grinding in the 5 star shard arena I got a very nice match up against this 2 star longshot .Being the complete and utter noob that I am I assumed 1 star colossus was immune to incinerate ...and got my butt handed to me in that fight.

At first I thought it was a bug but when I went to check out his abilities Lo and behold it was the pre buff stuff.
I just assumed it was because he got a complete overhaul and new animations but Black Panther did too!

So Gamora, Hawkeye , Black Panther and Colossus get buffed but only Colossus' buff is not reflected in the 1 star rarity?
I know this doesn't actually affect much in game (except maybe variant 4.3.1 ,the current 1 and 2 star arenas ) but I'm a bit curious as to why his 1 star rarity was not updated> buffed and stuff.
(Sorry just wanted to try out an HTML command please don't mind the Strikethrough).
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

ItsDamien said:

Apparently they didn’t want to confuse new players with overly complicated mechanics….. and yet updated Black Panther who is objectively more complicated for a new player to learn how to play.

Nah they most definitely didn’t want to give players a great tool for variant 4 when the colossus buff first happened. It’s a monetization tool for them to not update him.
    Oh absolutely. If that’s how transparent Kabam are when gaslighting the community I would love to play poker against them. They couldn’t hold a straight face if they tried.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Yeah it’s a 0 logic decision lol “ooh parry is too difficult for new players” 😂😂😂 but let’s buff BP and Hawkeye 👍

I would say don't forget Gamora but I think most of us already have
    Her "buff" wasn't nearly as impactful as the others. There's a reason r3 OGBPs are around, while very very small amount of r3 Gamoras about for example.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

There is one thing I don't understand:

Kabam have said in the past that they left 1* Colossus this way because of the "parry stun" he has. That it'd be confusing for new players.

But at level 7, parry is automatically purchased and the inevitable tutorial starts, so I wonder:

Why does Colossus have the stun ability in the first place? Everyone past level 7 has parry and under level 7 they had to keep 1* Colossus the old way to protect the first sacred 30 minutes of new accounts). So the ability to stun in his base kits caused nothing but this trouble. Why give it to him in the first place?

Do players even get 1* Colossus that early into the game?

It doesn't take very long at all to reach level 6/7, and I'm sure that accounts would have at least a 2* to use as opposed to the Colossus
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    I noticed with the missing fury on heavies
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Terra said:

The only reason Colossus (1*) didn't get the buff was because the 1* variant was right around the corner. We all know this, despite them wanting to have us believe otherwise. Their logic for it made no sense either. I'd say the skill leap between Colossus and Hawkeye (1*) shows this.

😂 Now just have to wait for someone to say we're obsessing over it and the thread will be complete.
    @LibertyPrimeV1 who could possibly do such a thing?
  • Hey guys, we've already stated HERE( https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1030109/#Comment_1030109) that we won't be updating the 1-Star version of Colossus.

In future, I recommend using the Forum Search function to find previous discussions about the same topic before creating a new one. The Search tool can be found at the right-hand-side of every Forum page.

To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this discussion.

You have been warned! Impersonating a moderator on the forums is a violation of the terms of service.

In real life it's because people are lazy and probably couldn't figure out how some random thing that made it easier to not bother. Also the search function on here sucks butt.
    Complaining about someone impersonating a moderator by using a tone that also reckons of being a moderator too ?

But in case it was not obvious, he would have just Highlighted/Copy/Paste an actual Moderator remark in a closed thread into this one in order to give an answer about 1* Colossus, (and no, I am not an employee/moderator either).
    Closed threads can not do the usual “QUOTE” in order to copy/paste along with the original writer’s (Moderator’s) Tag with the quote. So “Highlight” method was used, but thus doesn’t get the Quoter's tag with it.
  • w all know the change was for v4. THe biohazard lane sucked and an updated colo would have run through it.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ace2319 said:

I think their explanation was not about you using colossus but colossus being a defender and he parries you. I don’t see why this is an issue because 1* are used as a defender in like 3 quests and they could just swap him for someone else.

3 quests? Just 1 encounter in the entirety of the game
  • It has already been stated HERE why the 1-Star variant of Colossus wasn't changed. We have no plans to change our minds about this in the future.
This discussion has been closed.