**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* AG is unfair.

Comments

• Huh but we still didnt get any responce from kabam on the issue. Not even a NO @Kabam Miike ? Can you just type NO? So i can hug my useless generics and rainbow awakens and sleep in tears? :D happy new year :D

It's the weekend. We very rarely of ever get a mod response on a weekend
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Not sure what response you're waiting for. The Store is what it is, and I don't see them changing it.

2 points. First we dont ask for change or discount per say. We ask to ADD a button.
    And would it be the first time they changed store ?or values on items in trade in stores? I can remember at least 2 times they did.

BUT even if they never have done it (wich they ofcource did alot) why not the first time of it be on new year celebration time? To satisfy people. People who dont have enough gems dont care. Only people with enough stones but wrong colours care. Just satisfy them (me included yes) by adding a trade in button for colours... its SUCH an easy fix and makes NO HARM TO NO ONE including people who already exchanged. Why not?, WHY NOT? Me and others just have this simple question...
    I'm saying the likelihood of them changing it is not great. You're free to keep asking if you like.
    You're always commenting on threads but never actually contributing to the conversations let people discuss the issues they have and give suggestions to how they can be fixed so that kabam can have the players' feedback. that's the whole point of the forums.

The point of the Forums first and foremost is for Players to discuss the game. Yes, we have the ability to communicate with Staff, but it's mainly here to talk about the game. Which means posting something will open our thoughts to people who don't necessarily share the same view.
  • BySByS Posts: 11
    Summoner -Why do i have to hoard everything!
    Kabam - Because that's how we want it!
    Summoner-But how will i enjoy the game like this
    Kabam- We don't care just keep buy everthing!
    Summoners- Yes , sir
    I will probably quit the game.. I read the comments and I think over time a lot of people will do this. Good luck.
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★

Not sure what response you're waiting for. The Store is what it is, and I don't see them changing it.

2 points. First we dont ask for change or discount per say. We ask to ADD a button.
    And would it be the first time they changed store ?or values on items in trade in stores? I can remember at least 2 times they did.

BUT even if they never have done it (wich they ofcource did alot) why not the first time of it be on new year celebration time? To satisfy people. People who dont have enough gems dont care. Only people with enough stones but wrong colours care. Just satisfy them (me included yes) by adding a trade in button for colours... its SUCH an easy fix and makes NO HARM TO NO ONE including people who already exchanged. Why not?, WHY NOT? Me and others just have this simple question...
    I'm saying the likelihood of them changing it is not great. You're free to keep asking if you like.
    You're always commenting on threads but never actually contributing to the conversations let people discuss the issues they have and give suggestions to how they can be fixed so that kabam can have the players' feedback. that's the whole point of the forums.

The point of the Forums first and foremost is for Players to discuss the game. Yes, we have the ability to communicate with Staff, but it's mainly here to talk about the game. Which means posting something will open our thoughts to people who don't necessarily share the same view.
    Yes your right about likehood of adding trade options or anything is low. But since we took it this far and post really got big (wich i didnt think it was going to and i am thankfull to players to share the view) me and others will try to keep it alive till a negative responce at least. And i didnt know wich day of the week it was and i am glad to hear that it MAY BE weekend for kabam and thats why no responce. Ofcource after 1-2-3 days we will give up and just have the lesson learned. Less trust in feedback and communication will be the name of the lesson
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    Traded everything to get the 5* gems and got up to 4 generic (Started with 2). I had 2 cosmic, 2 skill, and 2 tech with variant 8 left to explore. Just explored it and….yep science. Saw that coming 100 miles away. Stupid RNG costing me big considering how rare the 6* awakening gems have been. Allow us to earn 10 5* awakening crystals like you do with the 4* so we have more chances to hopefully get a duplicate we need or just reduce it to 3-4.

Yes your right about likehood of adding trade options or anything is low. But since we took it this far and post really got big (wich i didnt think it was going to and i am thankfull to players to share the view) me and others will try to keep it alive till a negative responce at least. And i didnt know wich day of the week it was and i am glad to hear that it MAY BE weekend for kabam and thats why no responce. Ofcource after 1-2-3 days we will give up and just have the lesson learned. Less trust in feedback and communication will be the name of the lesson
    Do you mean they don't trust feedback and communication if they don't respond, or if they don't change it? One has to do with communication, and the other doesn't.
    Graves_3 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

come up with solutions

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

The people claiming to be "end game players"... Why are u guys using all your AG?.. and even if u used them.. u can still trade some...
    I find it hard to believe End game players have used ALL OF THEIR AGs...

You could open 12 5* awakening-gem crystals and not manage to get the 6* gem. Sometimes it’s not even a matter of using them.

You find it hard to believe end game players use their gems, I find it hard to believe people can have opinions like this.
    Why cause it doesnt benefit your cause?...
    I'll tell u my experience...
    I dont rank up junk champs, using an AG even less...
    I had about 57 4* AGs crystals from Solo crystal's
    And about 400 solo crystals in stock.
    I also had 4 generic AG 3 mutant and 2 of the other classes except Skill...
    So yeah this event was great for me.. now calling an even UNFAIR, cause it doesnt benefit u is a bit ridiculous... Because someone "preached" on using everything... Yeah it is ridiculous and a little bit narcissistic, also i think i read an AG was used on SWSigil...a paywall champ u can get to dup if u continue with a sigil.. so yeah u want to pop resources like candy good for u... An event like this happens u can't call it unfair cause it doesnt benefit one's needs...
    It might Suck for u but far from being unfair

And let me ask a question
    When the gold sale happened, was it "UNFAIR" for the people that didnt farm gold before it hit?
    No, because you could do incursions, arena, EQ to get it. That's the problem with this event.
    The total sale was over 6 mill gold, it was not an easy farm for people that didnt have it.
    I read people posting about selling 3 and 4* awakening gems.. thats on them
    I don't get your stance on this?

It seems that you are upset because we feel that we should have got a chance.

This is not a Cav vs TB situation.
    This is not a Pay vs F2P situation
    This is not a AQ top 20 vs Bottom 3000
    This is not a Masters AW vs Silver AW

This is a peer conversation for people who have close to 100% content if not almost finished.

It's one thing if we were upset about the pulls we got, it's another when we don't have an opportunity.
    This isn't narcissistic. Nothing ridiculous about feeling left out here.

There has never been a precedent of trading 5 generic 5* gems for a 6* awakening crystal.

Only end game AG hoarders, or spenders (who spent 1k+ USD on their account) who first didn't really need to use 5* generic gems so they hoarded them, and second, the main factor, hoarded 2+ of each 5* AGs, have the opportunity to cash in on this 5 gems for 6* awakening crystal deal.

Having hoarded 5* AGs (particularly not using a generic 5* AG) for years isn't skill, because there was no such trade in value.
    Who said anything about skill?
    Its about working and earning those AGs.. there were so many given this year alone.

I also made the point that well if you are a collector of silver stars and want them all dup thats the way you like playing the game.
    There NEVER WAS A GOLD SALE EITHER, but a lot of people didnt complain about it... A few did same as now.
    If we are only going to play a game based on precedents there wouldnt be anything new...
    It is narcisistic to think hey its unfair cause i cant get it.. so what would have been a fair price? I remind you that the base price of an 6* AG is finishing the abyss or a paywall of 15k+ units.. so what is a fair price? 4.. 3 generic AGs?... Maybe the exact ammount that you have to be able to get it?
    Wanna talk about skill? I dont think there is any skill in slapping an awakening gem on every piece of 5*.... Specially when the game is taking the direction of giving you 5* as iso banks.
    Just by finishing act 3 u get a 5* for free on this anniversary calendar... And end game players are complaining cause they spent every AG? 🤣
    Your examples are terrible.

Skill was mentioned earlier regarding how this "cost" (5 generic 5* AG) isn't relievable, earnable (can't be grinded for, like gold or units). It comes down to who hoarded AGs- whether due to being a big spender (who rarely/never relied on AGs), or accounts who only using 1 or 2 AGs in one's 4+ year playing this game.

This makes it remarkably different than the gold tradein event.

No one is arguing here for or against, "always follow the precedent." Regarding new content.
    Any new concepts/ideas should be met with scrutiny, as players have been showing here. You ask, "what is a fair price?" Yet try to dismiss people's complaint that the price this time is too high this time, because AGs weren't marketed as a currency to be hoarded.

Funny how you mention the 6* AG "paywall" aspect from abyss, but you forget abyss is permanent content. Moreover, you fail to account that as time progresses, items devalue, so why shouldn't players not want their opinions dismissed, especially if it's a majority. How much an item devalues is debatable, but is worth discussing.

1) AGs are finite compared to gold/units. Players can't earn more AGs currently before tradein event ends. They can grind other currencies.

2) Players feelings of frustration are valid here, and people dismissing them as narcissistic and their opinions invalid haven't shown how it is such, but rather the contrary.

3) there are many players who hoarded AGs, yet used 1 or 2 generic AGs, and are still barred from this tradein 5* AGs for 1 6* AG crystal. Your weird statement of end game players complaining unfair because they uses most of their 5* AG doesn't apply to many here who have voiced their complaints.

4) AGs were never marketed as a tradein item/currency, so why should players be punished for not treating it as a currency?

5) there are some players saying, they should hoard everything, because what other future items they currently have can become a currency? That's a valid concern for non-big spenders.
    U r so enraged u can't trade for a 6* AG u cant even read right...who said anything about gold trade in?
    I meant the Gold sale they had where u could get a bunch of stuff for 6 million gold...they didnt announce it.. a lot of people missed out..
    YOUR POINTS
    1- Never talked about gold trade... The point of the GOLD SALE was to compare it to the fact that both events were never announced prior or never happened before.

2- Frustration, anger is valid, sucks to be left out. Fairness on the other hand?..just because they can't get it its not fair? So what would a fair price be?.. the one that they can afford?...

3- I dont understand why "Endgame" players would be using AGs on absolutely everything...I'll give u a few examples from this post only... People used AGs on Sigil SW...its their own choice and i respect it.. Dont call an event unfair cause u used your resouces as u wished and now you can't afford the other. Its the way life works..

4- AG were never marketed as trade.. TRUE, there is a first time for everything!... Nexus 6* crystals were never sold for gold... Did people complain about this?.. yes only the ones that didnt get a warning to pre farm gold... Did they announce such thing?. No
    This was announced a few days ago, announcing it didnt help cause its not something that u could have farmed. So what would have been a fair timeframe to announce a first time event?..

5- Hoarding.. do you really think that when Kabam talks about the issue of hoarding, they are talking about an item that stacks in 5?... A rare item that u were able to get 1 per month maybe?...

The only aspect of this whole post that i would agree to would be the fact that u should be able to trade 3 of any class for 1 Generic... Everything else i believe is fair
    The gold nexus crystal you can farm. Please stop using that as an example. It was a currency that could be obtained , and many did grind it. Even content creators put out ways to farm gold. The gold event was not a "tough luck" Situation .

Even if I had 1000 4* AGs I could still only trade them in for 5 chances at the 5* AG I needed.

There aren't many places to get generic gems in the game. For 6* gems it's even more of a rare occurrence.

You don't hear anyone having issues about having to work for them. I really don't see how that is hard for you to understand.
    It was a great and FAIR event, a lot of people were able to trade and some weren't.
    And about a lot of people willing to work for it..there is a lot of people that in the last months didnt even wanna bother with EQ, SQ, objectives and so on.. does this mean that they would have the resources to trade if they did?.. hard to tell its based on RNG.. but there was a lot of generic AGs in the last couple of months.
    If they didn't bother with EQ or SQ that is their decision, if Kabam told them " Get ready and you want to do this event because XYZ" they would do it.

They have communicated about summer of pain so we held out resources to rank the best champs.

They have communicated about the 2 month side event( which was the worst BTW) so we did the event so next month we could get better rewards.

They told us about the new 1v1 challenge so people are getting prepared for that.

Summer of pain happens every year...
    How can u compare an event that you have to fight and get rewards to a trade store ..
    How did u rank the best champs when they didn't announce the fights and nodes?...
    How do u prepare for 1v1?....All u did is see a format on the showdown...u still dont know how its gonna work...
    I basically got sent to abyss.

The weeks leading up to SOP was worth 1 gold only and the fights were tough.

Let's say you decided to skip all 11 weeks, because it's a waste of time.

Now imagine the day the big event drops you find you aren't eligible for the rewards because you skipped the other weeks.

Everyone knew that they had to continue or else they would miss out on rewards.
    How on earth is this comparable to SoP..
    And u still failed to explain to me HOW you ranked up your best champions when EVERY FIGHT was announced on release date except for the last one that had all the fights combined?..
    My point is no one knew it was coming or we would have done things differently.

I didn't say anyone was ranking , I said people were getting prepared. There are multiple people that are starting to think about the 1v1 . Also, Kabam said they would look similar to the showdown.
    That's the point of a surprise though. It was a surprise. Not to mention announcing these things in advance would be pandemonium.

It wasn't a surprise , it was in their event movie I think.

My biggest issue is that's not a surprise , it's a shock.

I really hope you can appreciate the post. If not, I don't understand how you have anything to contribute. Saying you are happy, does nothing for anyone . I would like to ask you the following questions:

What % content do you have done? Roughly ?

How many 6* R3 champs do you have?

What do you score in AQ currently?

Did you complete SOP 100%?
    SO because I don't agree, then I have nothing to contribute? Pretty one-sided discussion if that's the case.
    No, I think you can contribute you just aren't "contributing". GW , I have been reading your post. , you aren't exactly providing any solutions. From what I gather you are basically saying :

" Everyone is not meant to get rewards"
    " I am happy with my use of gems"
    " Kabam is not forcing you to hoard or not hoard"

Let's work out some SMART goals for this?

Specifics : The goal is being able to understand how Kabam could leave such a valuable resource up to RNG to their top end players

Measurable: I would like to hear from a mod or Kabam what their intentions were within the 7 days of the event.

Achievable: I would like to accomplish this by opening a thread , to discuss options and provide solutions to be implemented.

Relevance: TOP RESOURCE IN GAME!

Timebound : 7 days!

That's my goal!

What's yours?
    It's not hard to figure out how. The Trade-In provides a way to trade Resources towards what you want. In the case of the 6* Gem, that's a rare Resource, so the cost is very specific. Some people MAY be able to trade up to it, but not as a given. The Store is designed to limit access to a very specific goal. Those that have what is required. Hence my earlier comments about not being a given for everyone.
    My goal is to insert some common sense.
    Are you implying that no one else is displaying common sense? Or are you stating you need to interject YOUR common sense? It’s all perspective
    Common sense is shared knowledge. That's what makes it common. Otherwise it's just me sense.
    Then you’re just sharing “me sense”, because common sense dictates we change our methods if we want to take advantage of this in the future. Even if it’s a 1% chance it reappears, it’s common sense that will make people hoard more. Like you said, it wasn’t for everyone, it’s for those that had the resources. So my common sense is to tell everyone to hoard their resources.
    What people choose to do is another story.
    You should probably then let it go buddy! You are not really going to change anybodies mind and clearly no one can change yours. Best to just let this go and let people choose to do what they want.
    Thank you for that. Given the fact that I just said I respect whatever people choose to do, I'm grateful you pointed out that I won't influence their choices. *facepalm*
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Just a few weeks ago I went thru and cleaned up my inventory and used almost all of my gems and sig stones during item use I was sitting at max compacity on every gem except generic I have 4 sure wish I didn't use all of the resources now im 1 generic away with absolutely no way too get another. It kinda sucks but what can I really do about it. It's kinda like a kick too the nads though knowing I just used alot of my 5* stuff I've been collecting for a while. Any1 else have this issue?

Easy fix by kabam. Have an offer in the unit store to buy 5* generic AG and/or *5 class selector AG. The main problem is this is RNG based. I traded in for all 5 of the 5* AG crystal and they spread out evenly getting one of each class…if they change the trade in store it will make the people who already traded items mad.

Why??? Nobody spent units on ag. People who spent 15 5* awakenings dont care that they are left with WRONG COLOURS or something. Like tell me an example of HOW someone traded that it affected him that kabam let people exchange 3 of any colour to generic.

Do you mean they don't trust feedback and communication if they don't respond, or if they don't change it? One has to do with communication, and the other doesn't.
    Lack of our trust that kabam will resspond with feedback regardless of the size and gravity of the posts on forums
    rnr87 said:

Just a few weeks ago I went thru and cleaned up my inventory and used almost all of my gems and sig stones during item use I was sitting at max compacity on every gem except generic I have 4 sure wish I didn't use all of the resources now im 1 generic away with absolutely no way too get another. It kinda sucks but what can I really do about it. It's kinda like a kick too the nads though knowing I just used alot of my 5* stuff I've been collecting for a while. Any1 else have this issue?

Yeah. Spent all my 3* 4* awakens and sitting on 2 generics, 8 different awaken colours and can explore lab for 5th. If they let us trade any colour gems i have enough...
  • Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    rnr87 said:

Yes, that was me too. I guess Kabam wants us all to be like Smaug.
  • Le_GentlemanLe_Gentleman Posts: 34
    The weekend is over let's hope we get a response soon

Yeah. Would be awsome 🤣 post up

So how was your weekend? 🤣🤣🤣Ofcource talking about the game. Like did you farm supreme solo crystals to try and get 4 star awaken gems?

So how was your weekend? 🤣🤣🤣Ofcource talking about the game. Like did you farm supreme solo crystals to try and get 4 star awaken gems?
    Thanks for asking. I'm currently working on exploring a variant to get an awakening gem from there which is quite a bit of work since i don't have the greatest counters for all paths. but i was lucky to not have explored all of them before this. Some people don't even have that option since they finished most if not all of the quests that give 5* ags.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Thanks for asking. I'm currently working on exploring a variant to get an awakening gem from there which is quite a bit of work since i don't have the greatest counters for all paths. but i was lucky to not have explored all of them before this. Some people don't even have that option since they finished most if not all of the quests that give 5* ags.
    Wish you the best with the rng luck afterwards!
  • Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,
    I am typically not the one to complain, but this time I will. The 6* AG store is absolutely ridiculous . I am at the highest level in the game , and I preach to everyone in my ally and on the forum that resources age over time and become less valuable.

With this philosophy , I treat every single champ to their 5* AG and signature stones if I want to use them.

You guys go on about how much you want to prevent hoarding etc , but you just rewarded everyone that decided to hold on to their AGs.

This is not the vision in the roadmap , and I am a little disappointed that I am being punished for playing the game in the way you had intentions for.

I have no way of acquiring any more resources to get the 6* gem, this is a holiday event that I can't participate in, because I use the gems on champs I enjoy?

I may be speaking too soon, but I hope there is a way to acquire some 5* generics gems through the month , or I will be really diss appointed

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,
    I am typically not the one to complain, but this time I will. The 6* AG store is absolutely ridiculous . I am at the highest level in the game , and I preach to everyone in my ally and on the forum that resources age over time and become less valuable.

With this philosophy , I treat every single champ to their 5* AG and signature stones if I want to use them.

You guys go on about how much you want to prevent hoarding etc , but you just rewarded everyone that decided to hold on to their AGs.

This is not the vision in the roadmap , and I am a little disappointed that I am being punished for playing the game in the way you had intentions for.

I have no way of acquiring any more resources to get the 6* gem, this is a holiday event that I can't participate in, because I use the gems on champs I enjoy?

I may be speaking too soon, but I hope there is a way to acquire some 5* generics gems through the month , or I will be really diss appointed

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

Texas_11 said:

Hello Kabam,

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I agree, was just talking about this in a line chat room.

Making the 5 generics for 1 6* class crystal ag was a duck move considering most players try to keep it under the max capacity. Should have been pro player this week, but I don’t see it. The gold is a bust, the trade in store only benefits the hardcore hoarders etc… 😒

There is no max capacity for 5* AGs FYI. I lhad 6 mutant, 6 skill, and 6 mystic going into this bc I pull the same classes constantly and have no unawakened champs in any of those classes
    You’re right about the 5* gems but the 4* are limited. I use them on new champs, I was able to trade in enough for 5 5* ag crystals which yield 5 different classes. If I had save every 3* and 4* gem I would be able to grind it out.
    Even more 3 and 4* gems wouldn't help you if you bought the 5 5* AGs already. Those are the only 5* AGs you can trade up for.
    Searmenis said:

Wish you the best with the rng luck afterwards!
    Thank you bro. wish you the best rng luck as well.
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    Stuck on 3 generic AGs with no more than 2 of any class, looking like this is impossible for me and sucks because of how RNG related it feels.
    damianohm said:

Stuck on 3 generic AGs with no more than 2 of any class, looking like this is impossible for me and sucks because of how RNG related it feels.

Yup same story. If they help us out would be cool to know sooner. Than i will need to explore 4 paths of lab and i dont have THAT much time if i will only have 1 day :(
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    With it being nearly christmas there is no chance I will have enough time for farm much more than what I have done so far. I have most variants complete already too so I don't have many options.

I am a TB player with 7 r3s and enough resources to take up 3/4 more but can't unlock this. Very frustrating.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Shepard69 said:

The silence from Kabam is deafening. How sad that both the big celebratory events that should be mostly pro-players and forming stronger ties between Kabam and their customers - turn out to be these very disappointing happenings solely due to the fault of Kabam. Whoever greenlit the trade-in story, especially the 6star AG crystals - how did u think this was a good idea? FIVE generics. The literal cap you can hold. I don't even lmao I'm so done.

The amount of you that keep bringing up an inventory cap for 5* AGs is hilarious. There isn't one. It's not something that's affected you ever so stop pretending like it had anything to do with your situation 😂
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

damianohm said:

Yup same story. If they help us out would be cool to know sooner. Than i will need to explore 4 paths of lab and i dont have THAT much time if i will only have 1 day :(
    I don’t think the 6* gem was offered with players who haven’t even finished 5 year old content…..

Shepard69 said:

The silence from Kabam is deafening. How sad that both the big celebratory events that should be mostly pro-players and forming stronger ties between Kabam and their customers - turn out to be these very disappointing happenings solely due to the fault of Kabam. Whoever greenlit the trade-in story, especially the 6star AG crystals - how did u think this was a good idea? FIVE generics. The literal cap you can hold. I don't even lmao I'm so done.

The amount of you that keep bringing up an inventory cap for 5* AGs is hilarious. There isn't one. It's not something that's affected you ever so stop pretending like it had anything to do with your situation 😂
    The CAP itsealf is not the point hes making. Other awakens have 5 i think so he tried to demonstrate
    how ALOOOT is 5 generic ags to have. Ofcource nobody had 5 generics ready. And to add on top that to get the extra 2-3 generics you must have had an INSAAAAAAANE luck on colour rng wich in total makes this a bs exchange.

Shepard69 said:

And ofcource wr are trying to show kabam how desparate and frustrated we are squeezing every argument and solution we can possibly think of. Some are good some are bad but its a sht ton of points and arguments in total
This discussion has been closed.