**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* AG is unfair.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

It's inevitable that people will be upset. Whoever can't get the Gem is undoubtedly going to be upset. There's no getting around it. Also, there are a few days left on it. I have my doubts anything will change.

I hope they change it ; so you can have an opportunity to get a 6* AG.
    To be clear, I hope everyone gets what they want. I'm coming from a place of logic, not ill-will.
    I don't think you are coming from ill will. I would just think that because everyone has provided you sound logic on their reasoning , you would be able
    To at least emphasize and say " They have some logical points"

Just seems that you really aren't unbiased or as objective as you appear.

Saying " this is how it always was done" really doesn't help. Believe it or not you could smoke cigars in airplanes 60 years ago.
    Well that doesn't apply. This is the first time they've offered the Gem for trade.
    I empathize, for sure. I get that it's frustrating to be that close. I get that RNGesus is a cruel God to pray to. I know it sucks when something is within reach and we can't get it. I'm also pretty confident that they hear the feedback. However, it's something that's already been implemented, and changing it now is not only unlikely, it also opens up a whole host of complaints for people who already made their decisions. What makes the most sense for me is considering applying the feedback in the event this comes up again. It's not what people want to hear, but logic rarely is.
  • Texas_11 said:

If you're still using AGs on 5* champs then you're not who this offer is for.

Disagree on this. Endgamers can still use gems on 5* to test out champs and see if they are worth R3 or just to play with a fun champ. Doesn't mean that the offer isn't for them.
    It's not for people who have a lot of content still remaining where you can still get 5* gems. Or for whom 5* still make a lot of difference. But otherwise, the deal could have been made much better with just a couple changes.
    With the amount of AGs given out over the years, actual endgamers should easily have enough gems to get the 6* gem. I've awakened; Ust Colossuas, Platpool, Goldpool, LOLTron, Kang, Thanos, SW, Thor and BW. Even with using 9 gems on trophy champs I had 4 generic gems and enough to trade in and get 5 more.
    Rng.
    No, RNG has nothing to do with it.

It's people who have no use for 5* AGs so they have a bunch vs people who either need them or blew them on useless champs. Neith of those groups deserves the rules bent for them.

RNG has *something* to do with it, but it is just like when people complain that Thronebreaker requires good RNG. Thronebreaker does not require good RNG. Thronebreaker is meant for the people who can get there without any dependence on RNG. RNG can *help* people who otherwise aren't getting the resources fast enough, but bad RNG doesn't prevent any of the target group from reaching TB in a reasonable amount of time.

The AG was targeted at the players who no longer felt they had a need to use the 5* AGs and had built up a lot of them. The trade in was there to give such players a place to spend them. Good RNG could help players who were short. But the trade in didn't *depend* on good RNG for its intended purpose.

There is some validity to the notion that the 6* AG was so valuable, anyone who couldn't get it would feel penalized that they couldn't. But I don't think it is fair to say something is a penalty just because some players can take advantage of an opportunity and others can't. If a player no longer feels they can get any significant benefit from 5* generic AGs then it is likely that the only thing you can offer such a player is a 6* AG in trade. That's almost certainly the logic behind the trade. If you're going to give such players opportunities, by definition those opportunities are going to be either extremely difficult or impossible for other players to exercise. All of the extra trade ins were the *second chance* for players, not the initial intended opportunity. Complaining about RNG in this situation is complaining about an extra benefit to players that didn't need to be there.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,914 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Disagree on this. Endgamers can still use gems on 5* to test out champs and see if they are worth R3 or just to play with a fun champ. Doesn't mean that the offer isn't for them.
    It's not for people who have a lot of content still remaining where you can still get 5* gems. Or for whom 5* still make a lot of difference. But otherwise, the deal could have been made much better with just a couple changes.
    With the amount of AGs given out over the years, actual endgamers should easily have enough gems to get the 6* gem. I've awakened; Ust Colossuas, Platpool, Goldpool, LOLTron, Kang, Thanos, SW, Thor and BW. Even with using 9 gems on trophy champs I had 4 generic gems and enough to trade in and get 5 more.
    Rng.

It's people who have no use for 5* AGs so they have a bunch vs people who either need them or blew them on useless champs. Neith of those groups deserves the rules bent for them.

That doesn't even make sense. Plenty of people have AGS to trade. . The store you can only grab up to 5. So if you didn't get RNG you couldn't form one. Game over.

5* gems. If you don't have enough you either aren't far enough along or were too careless with your resources.
    Ah yes, careless, meaning “using them”. It’s almost like that’s what resources are meant for.

What an odd use of the word.
    Do you use all your t2a taking 5* champs to r4 as soon also you get 4?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Rng.

That doesn't even make sense. Plenty of people have AGS to trade. . The store you can only grab up to 5. So if you didn't get RNG you couldn't form one. Game over.

5* gems. If you don't have enough you either aren't far enough along or were too careless with your resources.
    Ah yes, careless, meaning “using them”. It’s almost like that’s what resources are meant for.

No, and nor do I use a 5* gem as soon as I get it. Bad example I'm afraid.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Rng.

I don't think he quite understands the fact that you do
    Not need this 6* gem to make any significant changes to your account. 5* AGs are useless to you, and basically could be 4* gems.

He is still arguing this as if , you needed to awaken your champs instead of being fun to awaken champs.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Rng.

Not need this 6* gem to make any significant changes to your account. 5* AGs are useless to you, and basically could be 4* gems.

He is still arguing this as if , you needed to awaken your champs instead of being fun to awaken champs.
    Yup, I only used gems on 5* Mr Negative and Kitty Pryde, neither of which actually improved my account vastly. I ranked them for fun. I will still take any of my 6* R3s to war, aq and quest before them, unless I really want to use them for fun.
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    Coppin said:

I know actual endgamers who would completely disagree with you. These are guys who have done every single thing in the game btw.
    I just don't see how it's possible unless they're blowing their gems cause they're bored or just to do it. Even BG, who still uses and ranks 5* champs was able to get it and he's f2p.
    Because it depends on crystal RNG. I use a few 5* gems, but not as if they're going out of fashion. Recently I've used 5* gems on Kitty Pryde and Mr Negative, and that's it. Even with those two gems back, my 5* awakening gem crystals from the trade in store fell in such a way that I'm stuck with 1 of a few different classes.

I just don't agree that for two people on 4 generics it should hinge on RNG, that one player could open 3 5* gems and get the same class and therefore the 6* gem, but the second could open 12, get 2 of each class and then be unable to get the 6* gem.

I get that RNG is a part of the game, but making the rarest resource in the game RNG has been, and always will be a very avoidable evil that Kabam doesn't need to add into the game. I'm very aware they can and will do it, but I very much disagree with the idea behind it. If you think it's fine, then by all means, I doubt we will agree on it and we can agree to disagree. But it's not because people blow through their gems, RNG can be cruel in situations like this. And there's a very easy fix.
    Your problem then is not RNG or luck or whatever u wanna call it.. your problem is the price. U said it yourself u used 2.. and got 1 or maybe 2 of other classes...
    It sucks, and you probably would take this as an attack, but then this trade in event wasnt for you.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

It's inevitable that people will be upset. Whoever can't get the Gem is undoubtedly going to be upset. There's no getting around it. Also, there are a few days left on it. I have my doubts anything will change.

To be clear, I hope everyone gets what they want. I'm coming from a place of logic, not ill-will.
    I don't think you are coming from ill will. I would just think that because everyone has provided you sound logic on their reasoning , you would be able

Saying " this is how it always was done" really doesn't help. Believe it or not you could smoke cigars in airplanes 60 years ago.
    Well that doesn't apply. This is the first time they've offered the Gem for trade.
    I empathize, for sure. I get that it's frustrating to be that close. I get that RNGesus is a cruel God to pray to. I know it sucks when something is within reach and we can't get it. I'm also pretty confident that they hear the feedback. However, it's something that's already been implemented, and changing it now is not only unlikely, it also opens up a whole host of complaints for people who already made their decisions. What makes the most sense for me is considering applying the feedback in the event this comes up again. It's not what people want to hear, but logic rarely is.
    Changing is tottaly normal dude. When kabam makes mistakes like with gold crystals. They changed the value of gold crystals 2 times in 12 hours. Gold crystal is EVERYONES concern and they changed it 2 times in 12 hours. They changed the value of mythical crystal shards TRADE IN PRICE after more than 24 hours after some people started noticing (few months ago). So do we agree they do change stuff? Even SPECIFICLY in trade in stores?

And this change doesnt open the doors for more complain. NO ONE (less than 0.5% of players) would complain if they let us get generic from 3 differeng colour gems. Cause the players who already agreed to trade 5 copys of generic already agree that its a COMPLETLY useless item for them. If they implement the 3 different colour change biggest differance between people who didnt buy it yet and who already HAVE bough it will be a few different awakenings. Like they could keep 1 more mutant and have 1 less tech. But the colour for those people DOESNT MATTER cause they already DID TRADE 5 GENERICS wich kills the need of specific colours.

Coppin said:

I know actual endgamers who would completely disagree with you. These are guys who have done every single thing in the game btw.
    I just don't see how it's possible unless they're blowing their gems cause they're bored or just to do it. Even BG, who still uses and ranks 5* champs was able to get it and he's f2p.
    Because it depends on crystal RNG. I use a few 5* gems, but not as if they're going out of fashion. Recently I've used 5* gems on Kitty Pryde and Mr Negative, and that's it. Even with those two gems back, my 5* awakening gem crystals from the trade in store fell in such a way that I'm stuck with 1 of a few different classes.

I just don't agree that for two people on 4 generics it should hinge on RNG, that one player could open 3 5* gems and get the same class and therefore the 6* gem, but the second could open 12, get 2 of each class and then be unable to get the 6* gem.

I get that RNG is a part of the game, but making the rarest resource in the game RNG has been, and always will be a very avoidable evil that Kabam doesn't need to add into the game. I'm very aware they can and will do it, but I very much disagree with the idea behind it. If you think it's fine, then by all means, I doubt we will agree on it and we can agree to disagree. But it's not because people blow through their gems, RNG can be cruel in situations like this. And there's a very easy fix.
    Your problem then is not RNG or luck or whatever u wanna call it.. your problem is the price. U said it yourself u used 2.. and got 1 or maybe 2 of other classes...
    It sucks, and you probably would take this as an attack, but then this trade in event wasnt for you.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Changing is tottaly normal dude. When kabam makes mistakes like with gold crystals. They changed the value of gold crystals 2 times in 12 hours. Gold crystal is EVERYONES concern and they changed it 2 times in 12 hours. They changed the value of mythical crystal shards TRADE IN PRICE after more than 24 hours after some people started noticing (few months ago). So do we agree they do change stuff? Even SPECIFICLY in trade in stores?

And this change doesnt open the doors for more complain. NO ONE (less than 0.5% of players) would complain if they let us get generic from 3 differeng colour gems. Cause the players who already agreed to trade 5 copys of generic already agree that its a COMPLETLY useless item for them. If they implement the 3 different colour change biggest differance between people who didnt buy it yet and who already HAVE bough it will be a few different awakenings. Like they could keep 1 more mutant and have 1 less tech. But the colour for those people DOESNT MATTER cause they already DID TRADE 5 GENERICS wich kills the need of specific colours.
    This is a design choice, it's not a mistake.

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Rng.

Yup, I only used gems on 5* Mr Negative and Kitty Pryde, neither of which actually improved my account vastly. I ranked them for fun. I will still take any of my 6* R3s to war, aq and quest before them, unless I really want to use them for fun.
    I used mine on Wolverine , Switch, BP.

If this was a trade in event for 6* R1 to R2 gems and you had to trade 2015 class based gems I would feel the same.
    Might not have been well-liked, but it was a design choice with a very specific Player in mind.

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

The gold crystals were a design choice as well, to buff the drop rates and amounts. Didn’t stop them changing it.

Kabam have changed their minds plenty of times, whether it’s on actual mistakes, or design choices. There is no guarantee they will or won’t change their mind on this. We know that you don’t think they will, you’ve told us 54 times.

You don’t need to argue that they’re unlikely to change it, you don’t know, we don’t know, let’s wait for a response. Debate the rest of this issue, sure, but there’s no need for you to try and prove you’re right about Kabam changing stuff, when we all know categorically that Kabam have changed things in the past, even after release, and even if it affects others. Full stop, don’t argue against facts just to try and prove you’re right and learn to let things go.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I hope they do, doubt they will be able to keep the purchases at 0 for every single account and that way i might be able to buy a 2nd one

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

The gold crystals were a design choice as well, to buff the drop rates and amounts. Didn’t stop them changing it.

Kabam have changed their minds plenty of times, whether it’s on actual mistakes, or design choices. There is no guarantee they will or won’t change their mind on this. We know that you don’t think they will, you’ve told us 54 times.

You don’t need to argue that they’re unlikely to change it, you don’t know, we don’t know, let’s wait for a response. Debate the rest of this issue, sure, but there’s no need for you to try and prove you’re right about Kabam changing stuff, when we all know categorically that Kabam have changed things in the past, even after release, and even if it affects others. Full stop, don’t argue against facts just to try and prove you’re right and learn to let things go.
    I'm trying to save people the stress of waiting by saying I think it's highly unlikely they will. If people want to wait and prove me wrong, by all means. I don't see this as a situation that constitutes an immediate amendment.
    edited December 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Texas_11 said:

Rng.

RNG has *something* to do with it, but it is just like when people complain that Thronebreaker requires good RNG. Thronebreaker does not require good RNG. Thronebreaker is meant for the people who can get there without any dependence on RNG. RNG can *help* people who otherwise aren't getting the resources fast enough, but bad RNG doesn't prevent any of the target group from reaching TB in a reasonable amount of time.

The AG was targeted at the players who no longer felt they had a need to use the 5* AGs and had built up a lot of them. The trade in was there to give such players a place to spend them. Good RNG could help players who were short. But the trade in didn't *depend* on good RNG for its intended purpose.

There is some validity to the notion that the 6* AG was so valuable, anyone who couldn't get it would feel penalized that they couldn't. But I don't think it is fair to say something is a penalty just because some players can take advantage of an opportunity and others can't. If a player no longer feels they can get any significant benefit from 5* generic AGs then it is likely that the only thing you can offer such a player is a 6* AG in trade. That's almost certainly the logic behind the trade. If you're going to give such players opportunities, by definition those opportunities are going to be either extremely difficult or impossible for other players to exercise. All of the extra trade ins were the *second chance* for players, not the initial intended opportunity. Complaining about RNG in this situation is complaining about an extra benefit to players that didn't need to be there.
    ... i am that player. I dont need any 5* gems anymore. If you count my 3 generics (count it as 3 normal gems just for argument sake) and normal gems i have well over 20 gems. That should be MORE THAN enough to qualify for a gem that costs 15 gems. Wich is a perfect rng right? Like if you opened 15 crystals and got 15 tech gems that would lend you 6* awaken in this store. But now look at the worst rng. You could have 27 gems and dont get 15 gem price item.

NOW PLEASE WITH A SANE MIND COMPARE THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN HAVING TO NEED 15 AND 27 GEMS. Dude 27. Will say it one more 27!!!!!!!
    Yeah you could argue people had some of generics ready but ok. Just reduce the numbers by 3 from each side like 12 to 24 or 9 to 21. Its TOOOOOOO MUCH SPREAD between max and lowest rng points for a resource that ISNT COMMON. Its not a tier 4, class cat crystal or heal potion. Its a freaking ,5 star awaken gem.... just a TINY LITTLE SMALL rng miss and you have NO WAY OF GETTING IT even if you are biggest whale or best skill player or longest player playing.... i am sure you will not really focus on imagining this spread in actual farming time or pure avaliability of it to comprehend its massive unfairness...

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I'm trying to save people the stress of waiting by saying I think it's highly unlikely they will. If people want to wait and prove me wrong, by all means. I don't see this as a situation that constitutes an immediate amendment.
    I dont think anyone is stressed , as much as they are frustrated.
  • TheOneYH_01TheOneYH_01 Posts: 21

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Rng.

Those gem has no value until today, why should we hoard them instead of using them on new champ for fun, kabam never told us that we can trade 5* Ag gem for a 6* Ag, if they do we could save them for this offer, talk about careless has no sense in this situation.

edited December 2021
    GUYS I JUST ASKED (20 seconds ago) KT1 ON LIVE STREAM WHAT HE THINKS OF COMMUNITYS DESIRE TO LET PEOPLE TRADE 3 ANY CLASS INTO GENERIC. I AM QUOTING ,,YEAH I THINKS IS A PERFECTLY REASONABLE IDEA AND I SEE NO PROBLEM WHY IT SHOULDNT BE IMPLEMENTED"
    does it prove anything? No. Is kt1 a reasonable and pro player with enough critical thinking? Yes
    Just another reasonable person on our side. Rich the man said the same in video. He said the system is sht. He got lucky 2\6 chance. Otherwise he would just have one more try by exploring variant 8. And it would be easy to miss 2/6 and than 3/6 chance back to back. Do you think richs account is also NOT DESERVING of 6* ag? Remember how much time and money youtubers invest into accounts and he ALMOST got a COMPLETE MISS on the trade...
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

damianohm said:

Stuck on 3 generic AGs with no more than 2 of any class, looking like this is impossible for me and sucks because of how RNG related it feels.

Yup same story. If they help us out would be cool to know sooner. Than i will need to explore 4 paths of lab and i dont have THAT much time if i will only have 1 day :(
    I don’t think the 6* gem was offered with players who haven’t even finished 5 year old content…..
    Then who was it offered for? Just asking since my level 45 alt account Which is uncollected has a ton of colored gems and 2 generics. By trading the class gems, I can easily reach 5 generics. All I need to do is grind out cavalier to get the six star AG which I am not interested in doing.
    I don’t have the same luck on my level 60 breaker of throne main account which has 17r3’s. Would you like to tell me who is it offered for?

I bet there will be a fix! Positive thoughts throwing it into the universe!

Lets GOOO MAN. Fingers crossed. Love peace flowers bunnys candy FIX raindbows ocean babys ..... :D
    All this is only gonna do 1 thing..
    Make sure Kabam never does this type of trades in the future again...
    thepiggy said:

This is meant for players who strictly use 6s and have no use for 5s. They almost never ranks up 5s and the rare times they do they use a class gem. If you're out of generics, it sucks but it wasn't meant for you.

And it's not always great for them either...trading a useless 6* class gem to get the same one back is classic Kabam.

I strictly use 6* stars. When i had over 3 mythic awakens i used 2 on some rank 3 champs for better arena experiance for example. But the real reason? I had 2 anawakened and i thought EVEN IF NEW CHAMP COMES OUT i still have 1 more mythic gems left. Where did i go wrong? Where was i wrong in my logic? And dont talk from todays position. Talk like you didnt know there would be exchange for them cause YOU DIDNT KNOW SHT.
  • Graves_3 said:

damianohm said:

Stuck on 3 generic AGs with no more than 2 of any class, looking like this is impossible for me and sucks because of how RNG related it feels.

Yup same story. If they help us out would be cool to know sooner. Than i will need to explore 4 paths of lab and i dont have THAT much time if i will only have 1 day :(
    I don’t think the 6* gem was offered with players who haven’t even finished 5 year old content…..
    Then who was it offered for? Just asking since my level 45 alt account Which is uncollected has a ton of colored gems and 2 generics. By trading the class gems, I can easily reach 5 generics. All I need to do is grind out cavalier to get the six star AG which I am not interested in doing.
    I don’t have the same luck on my level 60 breaker of throne main account which has 17r3’s. Would you like to tell me who is it offered for?
    The people who had them and were not using them. For the most part, that would be players who were no longer investing in 5* champs. The fact that other accounts besides those could take advantage of the offer is neither here nor there. The game cannot target offers to mindset, no matter what the resource fixing conspiracy theorists claim.
  • TheOneYH_01TheOneYH_01 Posts: 21
    Coppin said:

We are fine with this, you guys are selfish

• Coppin said:

Not necessarily, but it would not be the first time the players were deprived of something because of the perception that it would be more trouble than it was worth.

Coppin said:

We are fine with this, you guys are selfish

Actually the people who got the 6* AG are the ones that are fine... U guys are the angry ones...
This discussion has been closed.