**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* AG is unfair.

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Groundedwisdom literally the only guy disagreeing on most of our arguments that i can respect (not agre tho :D ) Cause i dont see spite and hatefulness in his sentances. And he did say he wished that more people got it wich already says something about the level o

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

damianohm said:

Stuck on 3 generic AGs with no more than 2 of any class, looking like this is impossible for me and sucks because of how RNG related it feels.

Yup same story. If they help us out would be cool to know sooner. Than i will need to explore 4 paths of lab and i dont have THAT much time if i will only have 1 day :(
    I don’t think the 6* gem was offered with players who haven’t even finished 5 year old content…..
    Then who was it offered for? Just asking since my level 45 alt account Which is uncollected has a ton of colored gems and 2 generics. By trading the class gems, I can easily reach 5 generics. All I need to do is grind out cavalier to get the six star AG which I am not interested in doing.
    I don’t have the same luck on my level 60 breaker of throne main account which has 17r3’s. Would you like to tell me who is it offered for?
    The people who had them and were not using them. For the most part, that would be players who were no longer investing in 5* champs. The fact that other accounts besides those could take advantage of the offer is neither here nor there. The game cannot target offers to mindset, no matter what the resource fixing conspiracy theorists claim.
    12 awaken gems. You said it yourself. Thats the differance in the amount needed between lucky and unlucky people and thats it? Its just ok that there can be 12 awaken gem gap bettwen rng?. And i dont INVEST in 5 stars. I just slapped a gem on them and took to rank 3 for arena streak cause even in case new champ came out i would have 1 gem ready for them. Why should i have
    3-4-5gems ready for a class whos champions i all have awakened and can come out once in few months (cause usually the classes of champs created new is different)????
    You consider yourself more ENDGAME player than someone cause you were lucky enough to get same classes or stupid enough to not use them on champs you use on arena?
    3 different class awakening gems do not equal 1 generic... If that was the case i would have 0 class awakening gems...thats too good of a value..
    If Kabam went that route it should be 5 different class AG = 1 Generic AG
    ??????? 3 different class gems doesnt equal 1 generic???????? YOU CRAZY???????? What is GENERIC for?? To fit your DESIRED class right? WHAT is the chance of 3 different awakens hitting your desired class? 50% they are LITERALLY SELLING 3 same class ags for generic. What is the chance of 3 SAME CLASS GEMS hitting your desired colour? 16.6%

5 DIFFERENT normal gems should equal generic? Cmon bro say 6 and you will be a COMPLETE IDIOT for saying that... thats 2 cells logic... do the math and come back...
    I'm not crazy . You think that way CAUSE IT FITS WHAT YOU CAN DO. IF Kabam said omg yes the original price was too high.. we adjusted so u can trade 4 of different classes for 1 Generic.. and u had only 3.. YOU WOULD STILL THINK ITS UNFAIR.
    Also.. if this made u realize how worthless a 5* class awakening gem is for YOUR ROSTER, how does it matter if its 3, 4 or 5.. if they are WORTHLESS?.. See you are putting the value that YOU wish for cause its the value u can afford.
    A trade UP has to have an increase value. If u got 10 5* class AGs spread into stacks of 2... Paying 5 shouldnt be an issue.. it should be an instant decision, but u still put an importance on future 5* and being able to awaken them with the remaining class AG left.. so don't call me crazy, selfish, or anything else .. It is you that want a WIN WIN situation when you are sitting at a complete loss
    What are you talking about????? 3 ag for 1 ag and than 5 ag like that (15 ag) isnt a TRADE UP? Should it be 3x5x38x229x9999?????? Just because you mf had enough of them and 95% ENDGAME PLAYERS had 1-2 less than you?
    Where is your math comming from?..
    U want 3 cause IT FITS WHAT U CAN AFFORD
    ANY ENDGAME PLAYER would trade 5 class AG given that its the last piece of the puzzle to get their 6* AG...you for some reason wouldnt..
    If u were lost in the desert and someone offered u tap water...would u say? Nah bro thanks but i only drink bottled water...
    The problem here is that u are looking for a solution that comes cheapest to you for a PREMIUM ITEM at the lowest cost possible
    I have 9 more awakens and 3 generics. Should i (and EVERYONE IN THIS POST) pay 2-4-6-8 awakens more than you just cause you pulled the right rabbits out of the hat? NO you arrogant son of a gun!!! Gtf out of here. In 2 years its first time i came to forum cause i had a purpose.
    WHATS YOUR PURPOSE? MAKE SURE EVERYONE SELLS THEIR LIVER FOR AN 6* AWAKEN? YOU GREEDY BSTRD
    See.. thats why u got upset.. cause u got 9 and my post u would need 10...
    How are they paying more? I used 5 generic.. by my value would be 25...
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

All this is only gonna do 1 thing..
    Make sure Kabam never does this type of trades in the future again...

We are fine with this, you guys are selfish

Actually the people who got the 6* AG are the ones that are fine... U guys are the angry ones...

You would be if you were in our position, personally if I got the AG I would understand people frustration, many got unlucky, many wasted their Ag stupidity, if you are too close to get the AG because the rng gives you mystic instead of science AG, and a month ago you used an Ag that you should save, you would be frustrated as well, but instead you are saying nonsense talk.
    I wouldnt be frustrated cause everytime i used an AG i asked myself if it was really worthy, if then i would have the sig stones to even make an impact.
    It feels like the people who had enough to trade are villains, or too dumb.to realize they could have used their AGs on champs they had...
    I haven't ranked a 5* past r3 since February, and i don't use AGs on chamos i won't R5. IF i did i wouldnt regret it.
    Come on man, you are just talking nonsense. If you haven't ranked champs from R3 since February , there was no reason for you to use gems.

You are making this sound like you planned this lol.

You got lucky bro.

You said it your self , 5* basically have no value so you didn't know what to do with the resources so you held in to them.

That's all that happened on your end.

If you are end game at all, you aren't having a conversation about who is worth the resources for 5* champs.
    Really?..let me give u an example of the 5* AGs i have used...
    Archangel: need a pretty decent sig level as a 6*.. was easier to dump the 5* on him
    Void: max sig needed.. chances of dup and 200 sig stones pretty bad...
    Omega Red: same as Void...
    Colossus: same as OR..
    Caiw: Same as the above...
    U see the planning?...
    Do you see the train of thought i put as i went foward?...Lucky?.. I don't think so...
    I weighted the utility of the champ, the ammount to invest in sig stones an availability of them...
    This had to been 2 years ago.

2 years ago?.. People are still complaining about the value of 6* sig stones and availability TODAY i do not understand how u can refer to 2 years ago.
    And i already said I haven't ranked any 5* past R3 since February
    Most people on this thread can awaken any class they want right now. Just not with generics.

6* stones are still valuable, they gave 5* generics away twice in the last 3-4 months I believe, which lets you know the value of them.

All the champs you used your resources had to been 2 years ago, cause they have hardly been relevant the last couple Of years . Not to mention they are all a amazing champs. You got lucky. You didn't plan on this happening.

If this event didn't come ; what would you be doing with your AGs?
  • Skill_lord1Skill_lord1 Posts: 1 β˜…
    I am one of the many affected in my alliance with the 5 to 1 conversion ratio on the 6* AG. I haven’t used a 5* AG in more than a year and am denied the 6* AG because kabam decided add rng to the 4* to 5* AG conversion. Now I am stuck with 2x 5* AG in 4 classes and no way to earn the 3rd generic.

To the people defending the trading store, consider how many generic AGs have been available in the game and also AG crystal rng does not mostly work in favour of players
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 839 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am have been reading most comments and for the most part I agree with what’s being said. And hey, if this has taught be anything, it’s to be super careful about how you spend your resources, because you never know what’s around the corner. Always try to keep a good stock of the slightly more rare items you have, the ones that you don’t get all the time.

For me, this 6* gem would have been a chance to awaken my favourite champion! I think a lot of us are still hoping for some sort of improvement with this situation, of course me included. But whether there’s change or not, at least we are walking away with a reminder to only use resources when absolutely necessary. I doubt many will forget this in the foreseeable future given they missed out on potentially the second rarest item in the entire game. Of course the first being a 6* generic.

Now if something changed, I’ve seen quite a few comments and ideas, like: a quest or challenge to obtain the generic gems for players, adding in a 5* gem trade in, lowering the cost of the 6* AG to 4 gems, or perhaps 3.

However I feel like the best one would be to try and have the 6* gem more than just generic criteria, or if you didn’t want to trade that, then make the 5* generic criteria to any assortment total of 3, or any assortment total of 4, since it’s now 3 and you could either keep it the same or maybe increase it by 1.

While I do hope something changes (I bet most of the community would not oppose a change) its a) not guaranteed and b) okay if nothing does. Of course it’s disappointing. But we still have our champions and everything else, along with this month and future months exciting events. Plus, there may be a more forgiving or more easily obtainable way to get a 6* AG in the future, which may require less RNG or hoarding and more of something else.

Texas_11 said:

It's really not that hard to consider. I've used some. I don't have enough to get the Gem. That's all there is to it. I'm not owed the Gem.

Well it's the truth. We're not entitled to have it if we can't meet the cost of it. We can go back and forth until the cows come home, but it's the same as anything else I can't afford. I can't ask the store to lower the price. Certainly not outside a flea market.
    We aren't discussing the cost, we are discussing the rng. While I do think the cost is high , we aren't talking affordability.

We aren't asking the store to change the price.
  • TheOneYH_01TheOneYH_01 Posts: 21 β˜…
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Actually the people who got the 6* AG are the ones that are fine... U guys are the angry ones...

You would be if you were in our position, personally if I got the AG I would understand people frustration, many got unlucky, many wasted their Ag stupidity, if you are too close to get the AG because the rng gives you mystic instead of science AG, and a month ago you used an Ag that you should save, you would be frustrated as well, but instead you are saying nonsense talk.
    I wouldnt be frustrated cause everytime i used an AG i asked myself if it was really worthy, if then i would have the sig stones to even make an impact.
    It feels like the people who had enough to trade are villains, or too dumb.to realize they could have used their AGs on champs they had...
    I haven't ranked a 5* past r3 since February, and i don't use AGs on chamos i won't R5. IF i did i wouldnt regret it.

Yeah that was my logic when i had some value on 5* and the 5* ag(i think you just reach the position when i was a year ago), but after then i had 6 generic 5* ag without any use for almost a year, never thought kabam with come out with this trade(and no one does), is like trade a 5* full sig champ with a 6* low sig, so i started to use them, i used a generic on kitty pride and took her to r4 and used another one on odin try him on mix master aq .. used cosmic one on knull and mystic one on scarlet witch, used a science one on mister neg for fun ...

I could easly get my 3th science and get the last generic one that i needed, but the rng decided differently, the only difference between you and me even if i got the 6* ag, i will very happy if kabam reduce the cost for a generic to 2 so people who got bad rng can take advantage of the offer on the contraty of you... that mean you still valuate the 5* class ag and you are not a real endgame player, and you got extreamly lucky so you don t want others share that luck with you..

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Come on man, you are just talking nonsense. If you haven't ranked champs from R3 since February , there was no reason for you to use gems.

You got lucky bro.

You said it your self , 5* basically have no value so you didn't know what to do with the resources so you held in to them.

If you are end game at all, you aren't having a conversation about who is worth the resources for 5* champs.
    Archangel: need a pretty decent sig level as a 6*.. was easier to dump the 5* on him
    U see the planning?...
    Do you see the train of thought i put as i went foward?...Lucky?.. I don't think so...
    I weighted the utility of the champ, the ammount to invest in sig stones an availability of them...

2 years ago?.. People are still complaining about the value of 6* sig stones and availability TODAY i do not understand how u can refer to 2 years ago.
    Most people on this thread can awaken any class they want right now. Just not with generics.

6* stones are still valuable, they gave 5* generics away twice in the last 3-4 months I believe, which lets you know the value of them.

All the champs you used your resources had to been 2 years ago, cause they have hardly been relevant the last couple Of years . Not to mention they are all a amazing champs. You got lucky. You didn't plan on this happening.

You made my point, used those AG cause 5* sig stones are easier to get and max sig....
    Irrelevant?.. so you will defend Your argument about RNG getting awakening gems, but call rank ups, developement, awakening and sig stones AFTER getting the the cham THRU RNG irrelevant? 🀣

I dont see any of the irrelevant... But yeah lets get a 5* sigil SW and use an AG on her 🀣
    thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

I am in the same position as most here. I had 3 Generic AG when this started and after opening the 1 5* AG crystal I had I got lucky and pulled a 3rd Science to get Generic number 4 and that's where the luck ended I had 2 Mutant and 2 Mystic going into all the trades I ended up pulling 2 more Science, 1 Cosmic, 1 Skill, and 1 Tech out of the 5 for trade. Now I have 4 Generic and 2 each in Mutant, Mystic, Cosmic, Science, and Skill!! Am I sure if I managed to get another Crystal it would almost definitely be Tech too give me 2 of each. Because that's how the RNG goes when it's something you really want. The bigger issue I see is how didn't Kabam see this coming with setting the limit of trade in Crystals at 5 when to get 3 of a certain class from 0 you would need at least 10-15 crystals to maybe get lucky and get 3 of the same. But even for people who have 1 or 2 of a few different classes it takes great LUCK to get that 3rd one out of 5. So for all the people in here talking all of this garbage about not deserving it because we aren't this player or that player is absolutely nonsense. I have sat here watching this post now for 3 days and I couldn't stay quiet any longer. This post has become toxic and so many people on here are just on here to try and push people's buttons. If you already got your gem there is no need for you to be here honestly. Kabam isn't going to give anyone anything cheaper than they gave it too anyone else if they do trust me they will reimburse you what you paid they always do. But for people to sit here and say so and so doesn't deserve it because they don't have this or didn't complete that is absolute B&$LS@+T!!!! Now the other thing is where is Kabam you can't tell me that a post has over 12k posts now and hundreds of people watching that they haven't seen it? It's the most watched post on the forum right now lol! Just give an answer before this gets even worse and people are just downright fighting in here over something none of us can control!!

Preach man. I should stop arguin with people who talk like they knew this was coming and i am stupid and luck didnt play role. Luck played ALL THE ROLE and to sit here and argue with people who won the lottery and are so high in their ss to come and flex on us for being unlucky (calling it a bad judgment on our part) is stupid of me... people like this are everywhere... i should start ignoring...
    No one's flexing. I get the frustration of being so close and missing, especially if they're in the target demo this trade-in is geared to, but some of the other stuff here is classic forum complaining.

"I used all my gems on my top profile champs that I use everyday, Kabam. If I had known this trade in was coming, I would have waited!"

"I burned 7 gems for fun on champs I'll never use or rank up, this is not fair!"
    No one on here that I have seen is using 5* champs anymore.

What were you saving your gems for ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

It's really not that hard to consider. I've used some. I don't have enough to get the Gem. That's all there is to it. I'm not owed the Gem.

Well it's the truth. We're not entitled to have it if we can't meet the cost of it. We can go back and forth until the cows come home, but it's the same as anything else I can't afford. I can't ask the store to lower the price. Certainly not outside a flea market.
    We aren't discussing the cost, we are discussing the rng. While I do think the cost is high , we aren't talking affordability.

So where do we draw the line in that? One side feels it's unfair, so they adjust the cost. What happens when someone feels that adjustment is unfair because they're still excluded? It's a slippery slope.
    For all intents and purposes, I'm not really telling people not to ask for what they want. Nor am I being "pro Kabam". The previous Poster asked us to consider the RNG and how unfair it is. I expressed my own personal feelings on it.
    I've been here for over 6 years. I've used some and have some. I could make good use of that Gem. For me, it's irrelevant because it's not about me. It's about the cost. If I can't meet the cost, then I don't have enough. That's about as simple as it gets for me. I don't feel I'm entitled to it because I couldn't trade my way up to it. Which I tried myself. It's just how it is for me.
    Anyone else can speak for their own feelings.
    Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You got lucky bro.

U see the planning?...

You made my point, used those AG cause 5* sig stones are easier to get and max sig....
    Irrelevant?.. so you will defend Your argument about RNG getting awakening gems, but call rank ups, developement, awakening and sig stones AFTER getting the the cham THRU RNG irrelevant? 🀣

I dont see any of the irrelevant... But yeah lets get a 5* sigil SW and use an AG on her 🀣
    Sorry, I'm lost on any point you are making.

I haven't taken a champ past R2 it has to be 1-2 years. I have more R3 champs then I do R5 5* champs.

My point is , you did not plan on this happening , you didn't see value in your 5* gems is the reason you
    aren't using them.

When I roll cavs a 5* champ is a miss for me, seems like it's the same for you

You have no reason to hoard 5* AG at all, same reason why you have no reason to hoard 4* AG. Especially when we have 15 class gems.
    Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You got lucky bro.

U see the planning?...

I haven't taken a champ past R2 it has to be 1-2 years. I have more R3 champs then I do R5 5* champs.

My point is , you did not plan on this happening , you didn't see value in your 5* gems is the reason you
    aren't using them.

You have no reason to hoard 5* AG at all, same reason why you have no reason to hoard 4* AG. Especially when we have 15 class gems.
    Dude if i didnt put any value i would have used them all.. i put a great value thats why i saved them...
    Now on this trade.. it payed off.. nothing was luck..
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 β˜…β˜…
    thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

I am in the same position as most here. I had 3 Generic AG when this started and after opening the 1 5* AG crystal I had I got lucky and pulled a 3rd Science to get Generic number 4 and that's where the luck ended I had 2 Mutant and 2 Mystic going into all the trades I ended up pulling 2 more Science, 1 Cosmic, 1 Skill, and 1 Tech out of the 5 for trade. Now I have 4 Generic and 2 each in Mutant, Mystic, Cosmic, Science, and Skill!! Am I sure if I managed to get another Crystal it would almost definitely be Tech too give me 2 of each. Because that's how the RNG goes when it's something you really want. The bigger issue I see is how didn't Kabam see this coming with setting the limit of trade in Crystals at 5 when to get 3 of a certain class from 0 you would need at least 10-15 crystals to maybe get lucky and get 3 of the same. But even for people who have 1 or 2 of a few different classes it takes great LUCK to get that 3rd one out of 5. So for all the people in here talking all of this garbage about not deserving it because we aren't this player or that player is absolutely nonsense. I have sat here watching this post now for 3 days and I couldn't stay quiet any longer. This post has become toxic and so many people on here are just on here to try and push people's buttons. If you already got your gem there is no need for you to be here honestly. Kabam isn't going to give anyone anything cheaper than they gave it too anyone else if they do trust me they will reimburse you what you paid they always do. But for people to sit here and say so and so doesn't deserve it because they don't have this or didn't complete that is absolute B&$LS@+T!!!! Now the other thing is where is Kabam you can't tell me that a post has over 12k posts now and hundreds of people watching that they haven't seen it? It's the most watched post on the forum right now lol! Just give an answer before this gets even worse and people are just downright fighting in here over something none of us can control!!

Preach man. I should stop arguin with people who talk like they knew this was coming and i am stupid and luck didnt play role. Luck played ALL THE ROLE and to sit here and argue with people who won the lottery and are so high in their ss to come and flex on us for being unlucky (calling it a bad judgment on our part) is stupid of me... people like this are everywhere... i should start ignoring...
    No one's flexing. I get the frustration of being so close and missing, especially if they're in the target demo this trade-in is geared to, but some of the other stuff here is classic forum complaining.

"I used all my gems on my top profile champs that I use everyday, Kabam. If I had known this trade in was coming, I would have waited!"

"I burned 7 gems for fun on champs I'll never use or rank up, this is not fair!"
    THEY ARE RIGHT BRO!! it IS NOT FAIR!!! to create this deal without warning in the first place, and while i share the hurt feelings of people who were spending ALL THE AWAKENS cause nobody warned them its not intended (and they WERE INTENTED to have NO USE outside of actually USING THEM) i and everyone here are asking to make it reachable for people who spent MODERATLY, not CRAZY SLAPPING IT ON EVERYONE but sometimes awakening for different reasons but still keeping
    2-3 generics and a couple of each class cause WHY ELSE WOULD YOU KEEP MORE?????
    I FEEL YOU people who are asking for DISCOUNT but 95% of us are asking for a DIFFERENT WAY TO SURRENDER SAME AMOUNT OF GEMS FOR THE SAME PRIZE!!!!
    SAME AMOUNT!!!

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

So where do we draw the line in that? One side feels it's unfair, so they adjust the cost. What happens when someone feels that adjustment is unfair because they're still excluded? It's a slippery slope.
    For all intents and purposes, I'm not really telling people not to ask for what they want. Nor am I being "pro Kabam". The previous Poster asked us to consider the RNG and how unfair it is. I expressed my own personal feelings on it.
    I've been here for over 6 years. I've used some and have some. I could make good use of that Gem. For me, it's irrelevant because it's not about me. It's about the cost. If I can't meet the cost, then I don't have enough. That's about as simple as it gets for me. I don't feel I'm entitled to it because I couldn't trade my way up to it. Which I tried myself. It's just how it is for me.
    As mentioned in previous comments. There needs to be a way to earn them, problem solved. This is a very rare resources that can easily sell for $300-$500 bucks, but it's limited to those who decided to hoard, at no cost to them. Not to mention , you also get a chance to reroll your gem to the class you need.

thepiggy said:

Texas_11 said:

thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

Some here wasted their gems on arena champions, it sucks missing but poor resource management is also to blame.

Most of my gems came from 2020 gifting and I kept them because I have no use for 5 stars.
    My point. It's going to be 2022 , and we are looking at gems holding no value to you for 2 years? What's the point of using them or not using them? You couldn't possibly think that they would hold their value, as they obviously didn't because you didn't use them. Now that it's a trade in store it paid off.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

As mentioned in previous comments. There needs to be a way to earn them, problem solved. This is a very rare resources that can easily sell for $300-$500 bucks, but it's limited to those who decided to hoard, at no cost to them. Not to mention , you also get a chance to reroll your gem to the class you need.

It's not a matter of hoarding, for the sake of hoarding. The people I've experienced on here simply don't focus on 5*s anymore. Which I don't really agree with, but they're free to play how they choose.
    thepiggy said:

Texas_11 said:

thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

Some here wasted their gems on arena champions, it sucks missing but poor resource management is also to blame.

Most of my gems came from 2020 gifting and I kept them because I have no use for 5 stars.

Poor resource management, are you kidding??

Those 5* ag have no value, until this offer come out, hoarding them make no sense unless you still valuate them.

If kabam do the same 3 months later people will get it and you can't get it.
    I can't help but think it would be comical/sad/helpful if there was a Gem in the Christmas store after all this. Hahaha.
  • Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You got lucky bro.

U see the planning?...

aren't using them.

5* champs are still theoretically useful. At least to me. Had I pulled Hercules as a 5* but not as a 6*, I would have ranked him up and probably awakened him as well. That makes 5* awakening gems still potentially valuable.

Three things I know with absolute certainty:

1. New champs will occasionally come along that are either better than the champions I currently use for their use case, or will add some new utility that I currently don't have.

2. 5* max champs have comparable utility to 6* r2 champs, and can overlap the usefulness of 6* r3 champs with the right utility.

3. Content is being designed increasingly to reward wider rosters.

That's why I keep 5* AGs unless and until I actually need them. Neither new champions nor awakening gems and sig stones are acquirable at-will and don't seem likely to become such in the foreseeable future. I did not see the trade in store in the future. I saw that AGs are difficult to replace quickly, and can have very high value in the right circumstances. That's all the reason I need to use them conservatively.

You could argue there's no reason to keep, say, twenty four AGs, but I disagree. I don't know what champions are coming in the future. I don't know if I'll want to have two science gems or three mutant ones in the future. I probably won't need twenty four 5* AGs in the future, but I don't know which ones I will need, if any.

At the moment I have four 6* AGs. I have champs that could use them, but I don't have content I'm doing that needs those champs awakened, and that means I have no reason to use them yet. The instant I do, I'll use them: I'm not saving them for no reason. But if that content that needs them never comes, I'll still have them. I've been sitting on a 6* skill gem for the longest time, and when I pulled it I had several champs I could have used it on: Nick and Aegon in particular. But since I didn't *need* those champs awakened for any specific content purpose at the moment (awakening Aegon only matters if I have enough sig stones to put in him, and awakening Nick wasn't a priority when I already had a 5/65 Nick) I sat on it. And since then, I naturally awakened both. So I still have it. That seems to be intelligent resource management to me, but it might mean that in 2024 I'll be trading them in for a 7* AG. But not because I hoarded them for no reason, it would be because the specific reasons I use AGs happen to never arise.

Everyone approaches the game differently, so I can't say why someone would keep or spend 5* AGs. But speaking only for myself, I still value them and I still save them for very specific reasons that I think are consistent with how I think the game will evolve in the future and how I want to future-proof my account moving forward.
    Coppin said:

Texas_11 said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You got lucky bro.

U see the planning?...
    I am sure you are very low on progression compared to many of us who got screwed, you still talk about sig 5* void/om/caiw... we had those at sig 200 for ages, i see you just got lucky because you couldn t use you ag on new champs (kitty pride/knull/odin...) because you still sig up ancien champs..
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 β˜…β˜…
    If they at least let you trade in any 3 class gems for a generic instead of 3 of the same class, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. I have enough gems to trade, but it's 2 from 4 classes and 1 from the other 2, I'd trade them for the last 2generic I need foe a 6* gem

thepiggy said:

Texas_11 said:

thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

Those 5* ag have no value, until this offer come out, hoarding them make no sense unless you still valuate them.

5* AG had real good value, a lot of people don't understand that...
    The 5* AG even the class one has an ENORMOUS value for champs that require max sig...
    Yeah u could be really happy if u pulled and dup OR naturally.. or Void... Or CaIW... But do u maximize his awakened ability with a sig20?...
    Of course im talking on a r1 or maybe an r2 against a 5r5... 6* R3.total different story.
    AA is an example.. great champ for a lot of nodes that require AAR... A 5*R5 at over 100sig in my opinion is better than a 6* at sig 20
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

Graves_3 said:

damianohm said:

Stuck on 3 generic AGs with no more than 2 of any class, looking like this is impossible for me and sucks because of how RNG related it feels.

Yup same story. If they help us out would be cool to know sooner. Than i will need to explore 4 paths of lab and i dont have THAT much time if i will only have 1 day :(
    I don’t think the 6* gem was offered with players who haven’t even finished 5 year old content…..
    Then who was it offered for? Just asking since my level 45 alt account Which is uncollected has a ton of colored gems and 2 generics. By trading the class gems, I can easily reach 5 generics. All I need to do is grind out cavalier to get the six star AG which I am not interested in doing.
    I don’t have the same luck on my level 60 breaker of throne main account which has 17r3’s. Would you like to tell me who is it offered for?
    The people who had them and were not using them. For the most part, that would be players who were no longer investing in 5* champs. The fact that other accounts besides those could take advantage of the offer is neither here nor there. The game cannot target offers to mindset, no matter what the resource fixing conspiracy theorists claim.
    I agree with you. I was responding to the condescending tone adopted for someone who had not completely explored labyrinth of legends.
  • Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

If every time an offer arises that requires resources there's also a way for most players to earn that resource immediately to take advantage of the offer, that is tantamount to saying the game will never reward efficiency. I'm never going to agree with that philosophy. The game arbitrarily rewards tapping a screen with your fingers. That's fine, but it is entirely arbitrary: the people who think that's some higher form of game play compared to resource management are conflating preference for obviousness. If efficiency never gets you anything that inefficiency can always catch up to immediately, half of the game is rendered mostly pointless.

Combat is the tactical part of the game. A huge amount of the rewards in the game are gated behind it. Resource management is the strategic part of the game. Fewer rewards are gated behind it, but it is no less important. Arguably resource management has a greater impact on game progress: how you use resources to progress is at least as important as how you earn resources. Rewarding efficiency seems entirely reasonable, and declaring that this is unacceptable and should never happen is entirely unpalatable to me.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This is still going
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

Texas_11 said:

thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

Resource management is different for everybody. For me, 5*s AGs are useless because using them would add 0% progression, but it could in the future.

Future content needing only 5s...
    Future OP champs like the next Ghost or Quake I can't easily pull as a 6*...

I didn't keep them expecting a trade in, I saved them because burning them on nothing is infinitely worse than future possibilities.
    I think that's a valid point. Many people only Rank for the immediate situation and don't consider future potential uses. This is where I diverge. Anything I Rank goes into overall progress for me. No such thing as a waste.
    Coppin said:

thepiggy said:

Texas_11 said:

thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

5* AG had real good value, a lot of people don't understand that...
    The 5* AG even the class one has an ENORMOUS value for champs that require max sig...
    Yeah u could be really happy if u pulled and dup OR naturally.. or Void... Or CaIW... But do u maximize his awakened ability with a sig20?...
    Of course im talking on a r1 or maybe an r2 against a 5r5... 6* R3.total different story.
    AA is an example.. great champ for a lot of nodes that require AAR... A 5*R5 at over 100sig in my opinion is better than a 6* at sig 20
    Yeah 5* AG had value for you not for us, i have all those champs as a 5* at sig 200,(dr doom, AA, cmm, void, caiw, Or, guardian ... and more), and i have many of them as a 6* like sig 200 (dr doom/silver surfer/cmm/warlok... ) i never use my 5* void/AA since i have both awakend with decent sig... just i give exemples, i have 27 r3 6* ..

So the 5* ag have no value for me i just used them for fun or to test some champ sig ability, i don t use my 5* on anything except for fun or in eq..

So this is why i wasted some of my 5* ag, if i thought kabam can release this kind of offer i wouldn t use them at all.

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

Texas_11 said:

thepiggy said:

Fuskie said:

Resource management is different for everybody. For me, 5*s AGs are useless because using them would add 0% progression, but it could in the future.

Future content needing only 5s...
    Future OP champs like the next Ghost or Quake I can't easily pull as a 6*...

I didn't keep them expecting a trade in, I saved them because burning them on nothing is infinitely worse than future possibilities.

You talk like you were planning this to happen lol, useless resource is a useless ressource especially in mcoc, resource easily loose there value, there is no resource management, it is just a pure luck, because kabam decided to bring out this kind of offer, and normally that shouldn't happen, like you excpect them to bring an offer to trade high/full 5* champ with a 6* champ one day?? And why kabam never come out with a trade to 4* ag to a 5* ag when 5* has value ??

This discussion has been closed.