**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Potentially broken node in AW

BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
Node in question: 28
Defender in question: Kitty Pryde

There's only two ways to counter this node as far as I know. Use a champ that doesn't crit (stun immune play style) or use Nimrod, who is still very new and not everybody has access to one.

I think this node combination is quite restrictive especially if you have to bring a counter for this fight specifically and there is literally no way to intercept her if she's above 3 prowess and you can't remove the prowess without getting hit or using Nimrod. I usually take mini bosses and the only champion I have that does not crit is a R5 Guillotine 2099 who does not find much use on mini boss island.

I personally would like to see this changed but I'm interested to see what everybody else thinks of it.

Comments

• Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    10 members, surely 1 can bring a counter (a counter for 1 fight is nothing new).
  • BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58
    edited December 2021

won't kitty never get to 3 prowess if you use g2099 or any non crit champ? or am i missing something

That's what I pointed out. I can bring a champ just for her but since I take mini bosses, I can't afford to give one slot on my roster for a single use champ.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

won't kitty never get to 3 prowess if you use g2099 or any non crit champ? or am i missing something

That's what I pointed out. I can bring a champ just for her but since I take mini bosses, I can't afford to give one slot on my roster for a single use champ.
    So get someone else to do that path..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

There's only two ways to counter this node as far as I know. Use a champ that doesn't crit (stun immune play style) or use Nimrod, who is still very new and not everybody has access to one.

I think this node combination is quite restrictive especially if you have to bring a counter for this fight specifically and there is literally no way to intercept her if she's above 3 prowess and you can't remove the prowess without getting hit or using Nimrod. I usually take mini bosses and the only champion I have that does not crit is a R5 Guillotine 2099 who does not find much use on mini boss island.

I personally would like to see this changed but I'm interested to see what everybody else thinks of it.

If you're only taking mini's, why are you worried about this node?
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 501 ★★★

I'm more worried about apoc on that node since he'll start at 3 prowess and have his sp1 be fully unblockable.
    You beat me to it

• cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Nimrod (mode), war machine (sp1), and howard the duck+synergy, can potentially be a counter, since they have ways of removing prowess from defenders.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Guardian
    Raganator said:

That is an interesting definition of "broken".

Hence the word 'potentially'. I'm looking for solutions here and most of you have pointed out some solutions already.

I'm more worried about apoc on that node since he'll start at 3 prowess and have his sp1 be fully unblockable.
    Apocs sp1 can be dexed. Just need the right timing.

That’s not broken, you have 9 other team mates who can bring a counter.
    That's one solution to it.
  • No problems for me. Use Xbone, G2099 or Guardian
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Raganator said:

That is an interesting definition of "broken".

Hence the word 'potentially'. I'm looking for solutions here and most of you have pointed out some solutions already.
    How can it be ‘potentially’ broken when there are clear counters (that you identified yourself) for that node/defender combo.

By your logic, any fight that you don’t bring the appropriate counter for is ‘broken’.
  • Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    Nimrod can cheese this
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Tigra op, also hold block until you get to a sp1 with war machine so you can remove the prowness
    I'm sure Swedeah can also do it with his vision with 5/5 collar tech and ghost can blitz it down on the off chance she's not banned.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    Always unblockable specials? Miles and Gwen go brrr
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Hitmonket though
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Hitmonket though
    I respect the monke enough to not bring dodgy spiders to him. Plenty of other options for him, especially since his sp1 is very easy to deal with.