**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting requirements are bit of an overkill

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
Now let me get this straight:
Yes, I created an alt account
Yes, it is eligible with the creation date
Yes, it is unfair and I understand why I must be prevented from meeting the requirements.
Am I salty? No. The units gained are a giant pile so it'd be indeed gamebreaking.

Fine, now let me explain my point:

Exploring Act 1-3 takes about a week if you are a semi-nolifer like me. It gives a whooping 3000 units, which is unfairly lot, so some regulation is definitely required. (Where I live, 3000 units is the equivalent of 20% of minimum monthly wage just btw)

So added regulation:
1. Complete Act 4
2. Level 40
3. Account creation date

Now: after Act 3 it is possible to have ~3-5 4*s (if I don't count the free Herc). To do Act 4 w them, you need to unlock dexterity (so -300 units). Then it just takes a lot of time.

Then the level 40. If you do Act 1-3 exploration + Act 4 completion, you get to realistically a level 30. That means, you have to pretty much explore whole Act 4 in order to reach the required 40 (Act 4 completion takes you 25->30). If I were to count it: each quest has like 4-5 paths minimum. Exploration of Act 4 is about 120 paths, which is around 120 full energy bars (3600 units worth of refills). And that ignores some supremely annoying fights in the quests that need specific counters or luck and also rewards aren't honestly worth it.

So, at this point it is imo clear, that the account age is completely unnecessary. It is not in human power to manage so much playtime. If an account was created after the required date, it would be physically very nearly impossible to meet the other requirements. And if someone spends so much time in-game, tbh they deserve those GGCs because it would be a mindnumbing grind.

TL;DR: requirements are fine, effectively prevent cheating, but 2/3 effectively prevent it, so the remaining third is redundant.

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I did Act 1-3 exploration w Beginner boost and Sigil. Gave me 25 levels, what did I do wrong?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I got my alt to level 41. No dex unlocked. used mostly r4 AA and r3 Mojo and DDHK to get it done.

Only to level ~15 with the big XP boost cause I thought it wasn't gonna be eligible.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I did variants for 3 cores. I had an old account that was level 27. I took Herc to r4 and got an AG through the trade in store. I traded all my other stones to pour into him and he’ll be r5 next level up.

The requirements are important bc these accounts can’t actually use/enjoy the majority of things IN the gifting crystals. I’m currently level 32 and can’t use t2a unless I buy the sigil, much less t5b. If you aren’t worried about that, then you’re acknowledging the account is nothing but a resource funnel anyway, and as far as I’m concerned you can kick rocks.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    I did 50% xp boost and grinder first 2 fights on 4.1.4. No wasted energy on non fights and haven’t unlocked Dex.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    DrZola said:

While I am fine with the requirements as is, I would suggest there should be zero “junk” in the gifting event—that is, low level items, cats and pots have no place in an event that precludes early stage accounts or newly created accounts.

Otherwise, all of this seems to be more of a tactic to juice game metrics at the end of the year than an effort to prevent abuse.

Dr. Zola

Best point ever said!!! Completely agree on this one
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    You don't need to unlock dexterity. Just block the attacks. With the amount of potions and revives were getting, it's more than enough. Rn I'm in chapter 4.3.3 and already level 30. Don't know how much exploring it'll take to reach level 40 though.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Auce said:

No, it's not.

Why do you not think it's overkill?
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    Kerneas said:

Yes, it is unfair and I understand why I must be prevented from meeting the requirements.
    Am I salty? No. The units gained are a giant pile so it'd be indeed gamebreaking.

Exploring Act 1-3 takes about a week if you are a semi-nolifer like me. It gives a whooping 3000 units, which is unfairly lot, so some regulation is definitely required. (Where I live, 3000 units is the equivalent of 20% of minimum monthly wage just btw)

So added regulation:
    1. Complete Act 4
    2. Level 40
    3. Account creation date

Now: after Act 3 it is possible to have ~3-5 4*s (if I don't count the free Herc). To do Act 4 w them, you need to unlock dexterity (so -300 units). Then it just takes a lot of time.

Then the level 40. If you do Act 1-3 exploration + Act 4 completion, you get to realistically a level 30. That means, you have to pretty much explore whole Act 4 in order to reach the required 40 (Act 4 completion takes you 25->30). If I were to count it: each quest has like 4-5 paths minimum. Exploration of Act 4 is about 120 paths, which is around 120 full energy bars (3600 units worth of refills). And that ignores some supremely annoying fights in the quests that need specific counters or luck and also rewards aren't honestly worth it.

So, at this point it is imo clear, that the account age is completely unnecessary. It is not in human power to manage so much playtime. If an account was created after the required date, it would be physically very nearly impossible to meet the other requirements. And if someone spends so much time in-game, tbh they deserve those GGCs because it would be a mindnumbing grind.

TL;DR: requirements are fine, effectively prevent cheating, but 2/3 effectively prevent it, so the remaining third is redundant.

,,You need to unlock dexterity". I stopped reading right there. Probably you will continue to say you need 200 unit 75% exp boost and unlock 20% exp mastery too. Also buy 35 reffils open up 2 cavaliers to maybe get a 6 star and while your at it maybe unlock suicides as well?
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★

Kerneas said:

So added regulation:
    1. Complete Act 4
    2. Level 40
    3. Account creation date

,,You need to unlock dexterity". I stopped reading right there. Probably you will continue to say you need 200 unit 75% exp boost and unlock 20% exp mastery too. Also buy 35 reffils open up 2 cavaliers to maybe get a 6 star and while your at it maybe unlock suicides as well?
    Ahaha TOOOOLD YOU 3600 worth refills :D ;D :D i went TOOOO LOW :D the guy really said 120 reffils ahahahahaha.

Kerneas said:

So added regulation:
    1. Complete Act 4
    2. Level 40
    3. Account creation date

Ouch but you are right. I forgot about existence of Variants. The rest is a well made stabby joke, good job in all honesty.

However all bad is good for something, so please tell me how do I complete Act 4 without dexterity? Blocked SPs start to cause way too much damage and I just can't parry them all
  • DrZola said:

While I am fine with the requirements as is, I would suggest there should be zero “junk” in the gifting event—that is, low level items, cats and pots have no place in an event that precludes early stage accounts or newly created accounts.

Otherwise, all of this seems to be more of a tactic to juice game metrics at the end of the year than an effort to prevent abuse.

Dr. Zola

Neither Kabam nor Netmarble share MCOC's internal metrics. So I don't see what benefit there could possibly be to attempting to manipulate them.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 329 ★★
    Kerneas said:

So added regulation:
    1. Complete Act 4
    2. Level 40
    3. Account creation date

I did two accounts without unlocking dexterity was unnecessary.just buy the 75%hp boost with that and u sorted.plus those who created these accounts prior to how old they must be to qualify have free refills to not spend so much money on em
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    It made me laugh when people were saying, people with these low level account don't need a 6*, it will get them through so much so quickly, so Kabam gave out to all level 6+ a 5*. At least with the GGCs it was RNG, not a guarantee.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I think kabam is fishing for info. Don’t say how you did it or how “easy” it was….it was HARD AF.
  • TelbertTelbert Posts: 20
    Mate what do you mean it takes a week to do 1-3 lol literally a couple of hours and act 1 to 4 are done, I've done it in under three hours multiple times, and most of that is act 4... acts 1-3 can be done in under two hours mate with minimal effort and low level champions
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    As someone whose alt is at level 25 at the moment, I don't really care. The people I know who have "legit" alts - that is, accounts that they enjoy playing on and are not just there to boost their main - have been lvl 40 forever. It's not really hard to get there through normal play unless you started back when people discovered that Act 1-3 exploration was a really cheesy 3000 units or whatever it is.

If people like myself have to burn some units on energy refills and xp boosts to get there in time, I think that's fair.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    I started November 17 and am at level 41. Haven't used any units except two to unlock 1st mastery (think it was parry). You don't need dex. I only got well after completing Act 4. Am at 5050 units. Have enjoyed playing it more than my main. Now question is do I use units or continue playing on alt since enjoying it.

Only fight I haven't gotten by is a 15k Mag with 1% regen. Have no real blockers or reverse champs.

Got to level 40 before they gave out Herc. Haven't used him at all.
  • CheapAXXCheapAXX Posts: 4
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

So added regulation:
    1. Complete Act 4
    2. Level 40
    3. Account creation date

Ouch but you are right. I forgot about existence of Variants. The rest is a well made stabby joke, good job in all honesty.

However all bad is good for something, so please tell me how do I complete Act 4 without dexterity? Blocked SPs start to cause way too much damage and I just can't parry them all
    If you smart enough , youll see there is a lot of Free energy.. you can exchange small energy to big one , also a lot of quest has energy that you can get back to back , its all depend on how you try to manage shortest time to get act to lvl 40 with the most units
  • tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    How can you tell the exact date you started your account? I did mine around the end of November but don't know the date and if it was before this cut off or not.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    I am on 4.4
    Dex is still not unlocked
    I don't need it
    I have tons of potions
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,380 ★★★★
    Someone who isn't level 40 has no business spending 3000 units to feed to a main account if your intention is to properly play the account. You should be exploring act 4 and unlocking the the extra mastery points and spending your units on the required masteries to play an account properly.

You wrote an essay arguing something that isn't the point. You want to feed 20% of your monthly income worth of units to your main. That is all you needed to say. No sympathy for trying to game the system.
    Telbert said:

Mate what do you mean it takes a week to do 1-3 lol literally a couple of hours and act 1 to 4 are done, I've done it in under three hours multiple times, and most of that is act 4... acts 1-3 can be done in under two hours mate with minimal effort and low level champions

I know I have been wrong with many things here, especially the energy cost and dexterity. Maybe I have f-ed up some XP boosts, but this I just don't believe. Week is a lot I admit, but 3 hours to go through Act 1-4 from scratch?

I have done stupid math once so I shall repeat that for further entertainment: Acts 1-4 are 8 chapters total (1+1+2+4). Chapter has 6 quests (so 6*8=48 quests total), and each quest has 7 fights (or at least a vast majority. Beginning of Act 1 has less, Act 4 has more, imo 7 is a good average). With 48 quests, that makes 7*48 = 336 fights. And 3 hrs are 180 minutes. You said you did it "under three hours". Now if I neglect all other stuff like ranking up any champs, moving on the map, using items, victory screens etc, you'd have to complete each fight in under 32 seconds, provided that you solo them. If you really start from absolutely new account, it sounds hard to believe to say at least...
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

I am on 4.4
    Dex is still not unlocked
    I don't need it
    I have tons of potions

In the later acts, blocking is lethal. Those potions won't last you long.

I did a quick Classic Variant run and unlocked dex early, it saved me alot of potions and revives.
    I *think* one of my alts is on 5.2. something. I don't recall correctly