**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* AG is unfair.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They have to consider any changes and the overall effects.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Thank you Kabam for even providing the trade in store. Although not everyone can get lucky this time around, please consider bringing back something similar in the future.

It's understandable why there's a limited number of chances for a 6* AG reroll. (The store wasn't intended to allow unlimited limit, which would give way to 100% of players with 6* AG to turn it to whatever class they'd like).

This thread has been pointing out how the pricing of 5 5* generic AGs for 1 6* AG crystal, probably is too pricy for most players, especially with the limit on trading 4* generic AGs for 5* AG crystal.

It's pricy to the point that there are players who are sitting on 15+ 5* AG who are 1 5* generic AG away from trading for a 6* AG crystal.

Its mathemarically impossible to have 15+ AG of different classes and not be able to trade for a generic...
    Regarding "mathematically impossible":

3 generics AGs
    2 AG of every class = 12 class AGs
    That's 15.
    Even if you throw in, say
    3 AGs of a single class, ie. cosmic = 3 cosmic class AGs, you end up with

18 AGs total and still not enough to trade in.

Oh wait there's more.
    What if a long time player used 2 generic AGs, and only has 2 generic AGs left?

They still can't trade for the 6* AG crystal with 15+ AGs..

He said 15+ AG who are MISSING 1 GEN AG

So u need 1...
    6 classes worst case scenario 2 per.. = 12
    What are the remaining 3+
    I also pointed out
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to have 15+ ag of DIFFERENT CLASSES and not be able to trade for 1...
    Generic is not a class is it?
    "It's pricy to the point that there are players who are sitting on 15+ 5* AG who are 1 5* generic AG away from trading for a 6* AG crystal."

I don't see the word "class" here..

Nor does it say, 1 5* generic AG away "before making trades", with their 15+ 5* AGs.

As usual, you misrepresent what other people say/argue about.
    Dude.. seriously?
    It's pricy to the point that there are players who are sitting on 15+ 5* AG who are 1 5* generic AG away from trading for a 6* AG crystal."

WHO ARE 1 GENERIC AWAY...
    Now use your brain why would u be counting the 4 Generics u have along the 15+ others when u r missing one?
    He should have said people who have 4 Generics and sitting on X value...
    And worse case scenario I SAID IF U HAVE 15+ CLASS ones.. I SAID IT... Then U magically converted my 15+ CLASS ONES into 3 or 4 Generics... So who is really misrepresenting to make it suitable to his own argument?
    You’re getting a bit too worked up over this. He didn’t say class, you over spoke and misread what he said. Your point has been made, you don’t agree with people. Okay, move along, the arguing isn’t going to do anything.
    Are a mod?... Why are u telling me to move on?..My argument is simple and goes with the title of this thread.. the 6* AG trade is Fair
    I'm not getting worked up.. why would I . I traded up 5 of my Generics.. not thru RNG not thru anything else than saving them ..
    You need a mod to explain to you that you’re being aggressive and abusive in your text? How else would you like to say you don’t agree people? No? Nothing new to add? Then you’re just here to argue with people with the same context as the last post. It’s pointless and redundant, so from one person to another person just give up. You won’t change their minds and they won’t change yours. That’s completely acceptable.
    Its a discussion Forum, i have been called names, I didnt respond back the same way...yes u r right i am argueing... I am argueing because people are asking to bend rules that have been set. Whether kabam has to learn from this and change it the next time thats a different story.
    Now peoole want to exchange any class 3 AGs for 1 Generic?.. well guess what.. i would have use that trade and saved myself some generics wouldn't I?...
    So how is it fair for other people to exchange 1 of each class when i had to use my generics and sit on class ones i won't use.. on class ones that are less versatile?..
    Suddenly what seems fair for others is unfair for me who has met the requirements to complete the trade... And I am the selfish aggresive self centered person?... Seems funny...
    If you care that much for 5* generics, you may not have been the target audience for the 6* gem. Are you TB?
    Yes i am with 14 r3s...
    Why would i have so many 5* AGs otherwise?.. cause i dont use them...
    Bottom line of the Argument?...
    People are complaining about not being able to get it THEIR WAY, while i am argueing about getting it the right way...
    People ask to "change" or "bend" the rules of the event.. and call it FAIR
    “Rules” in a mobile game are arbitrary, kabam can do what they want when they want. All we can do is adjust with it. That’s as fair as it gets.
    Rules aren't arbitrary. They're used to ensure what's fair, as well as what's most protective for the design of The Contest. They're not just blindly made to the tastes of the Devs. The health of the game, the homeostasis and balance, the overall fairness towards the Players and the Event in question, all of these things go into making them. While there are times they can bend things to meet the expectations of Players, those situations still hinge on a number of other factors. I find it somewhat limited to consider they can just do whatever they want. There's more to it than that.
    They are arbitrary to the user since we can only voice. We are setup within that they give and they can change them subjectively as they need. They can push out a gift to all TB players for a free 5* generic AG whenever they want, which would undermine everyone that paid the original costs. Easily “bending” the rules. From a user standpoint the rules are arbitrary. For the developers they are not, because they can’t just not take game economy in consideration. Two different groups of people that see the rules differently.

So from my mouth as a user, the rules are arbitrary.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

Many traded in a 6* class gem but got the same class back. Why wasn't that class excluded from the RNG like the T4C trade in crystal in the Special tab?

If this happened to anyone, can you remove it from their accounts and send us another 6* AG crystal with that class withdrawn? I'm sure can be done.

Send anyone who got a duplicate gem a token with the option to switch. If they accept the token Kabam removes their gem and gives them another AG crystal. This would go a long way.

What? Why? If your request is to include an exclusive crystal next time, it makes sense. But crystal that excludes one class even for catalysts, require two of that item. Why would any one trade 2 6* class gems for 1?

It was never advertised as a different class gem so why should they send you another just because you didnt get the class you wanted?
    It's a 1-1 trade in. 1 6* class for 1 random crystal. It just makes sense not include the same class you traded in.
    Actually it does not. You're spending something and getting something of greater value through zero effort.
    No one's saying it's not greater value, but it shouldn't be a recycling gem either. No one trades in to get the same stuff back.
    Its a chance u take, lets put it this way...
    A perfect situation would be if u could cycle thru trades and get what u want
    The more realistic one .. lets say u want Cosmic . And the least u want is science..
    U got a skill one . Changed ..got science.. oh well u can trade again.. There is a chance of getting a skill again and its all over .. there is a chance u get a mystic .. keep mystic or try again for cosmic?... U try again and just made the pool smaller . Cause science or skill would hurt u...
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Thank you Kabam for even providing the trade in store. Although not everyone can get lucky this time around, please consider bringing back something similar in the future.

It's understandable why there's a limited number of chances for a 6* AG reroll. (The store wasn't intended to allow unlimited limit, which would give way to 100% of players with 6* AG to turn it to whatever class they'd like).

This thread has been pointing out how the pricing of 5 5* generic AGs for 1 6* AG crystal, probably is too pricy for most players, especially with the limit on trading 4* generic AGs for 5* AG crystal.

It's pricy to the point that there are players who are sitting on 15+ 5* AG who are 1 5* generic AG away from trading for a 6* AG crystal.

Its mathemarically impossible to have 15+ AG of different classes and not be able to trade for a generic...

3 generics AGs
    That's 15.

Oh wait there's more.

So u need 1...
    I also pointed out
    It is IMPOSSIBLE to have 15+ ag of DIFFERENT CLASSES and not be able to trade for 1...
    "It's pricy to the point that there are players who are sitting on 15+ 5* AG who are 1 5* generic AG away from trading for a 6* AG crystal."

Nor does it say, 1 5* generic AG away "before making trades", with their 15+ 5* AGs.

Dude.. seriously?
    It's pricy to the point that there are players who are sitting on 15+ 5* AG who are 1 5* generic AG away from trading for a 6* AG crystal."

Now use your brain why would u be counting the 4 Generics u have along the 15+ others when u r missing one?
    And worse case scenario I SAID IF U HAVE 15+ CLASS ones.. I SAID IT... Then U magically converted my 15+ CLASS ONES into 3 or 4 Generics... So who is really misrepresenting to make it suitable to his own argument?
    You’re getting a bit too worked up over this. He didn’t say class, you over spoke and misread what he said. Your point has been made, you don’t agree with people. Okay, move along, the arguing isn’t going to do anything.
    Are a mod?... Why are u telling me to move on?..My argument is simple and goes with the title of this thread.. the 6* AG trade is Fair
    I'm not getting worked up.. why would I . I traded up 5 of my Generics.. not thru RNG not thru anything else than saving them ..
    You need a mod to explain to you that you’re being aggressive and abusive in your text? How else would you like to say you don’t agree people? No? Nothing new to add? Then you’re just here to argue with people with the same context as the last post. It’s pointless and redundant, so from one person to another person just give up. You won’t change their minds and they won’t change yours. That’s completely acceptable.
    Its a discussion Forum, i have been called names, I didnt respond back the same way...yes u r right i am argueing... I am argueing because people are asking to bend rules that have been set. Whether kabam has to learn from this and change it the next time thats a different story.
    Now peoole want to exchange any class 3 AGs for 1 Generic?.. well guess what.. i would have use that trade and saved myself some generics wouldn't I?...
    So how is it fair for other people to exchange 1 of each class when i had to use my generics and sit on class ones i won't use.. on class ones that are less versatile?..
    Suddenly what seems fair for others is unfair for me who has met the requirements to complete the trade... And I am the selfish aggresive self centered person?... Seems funny...
    If you care that much for 5* generics, you may not have been the target audience for the 6* gem. Are you TB?
    Yes i am with 14 r3s...
    People are complaining about not being able to get it THEIR WAY, while i am argueing about getting it the right way...
    “Rules” in a mobile game are arbitrary, kabam can do what they want when they want. All we can do is adjust with it. That’s as fair as it gets.
    Rules aren't arbitrary. They're used to ensure what's fair, as well as what's most protective for the design of The Contest. They're not just blindly made to the tastes of the Devs. The health of the game, the homeostasis and balance, the overall fairness towards the Players and the Event in question, all of these things go into making them. While there are times they can bend things to meet the expectations of Players, those situations still hinge on a number of other factors. I find it somewhat limited to consider they can just do whatever they want. There's more to it than that.
    They are arbitrary to the user since we can only voice. We are setup within that they give and they can change them subjectively as they need. They can push out a gift to all TB players for a free 5* generic AG whenever they want, which would undermine everyone that paid the original costs. Easily “bending” the rules. From a user standpoint the rules are arbitrary. For the developers they are not, because they can’t just not take game economy in consideration. Two different groups of people that see the rules differently.

If the rules are arbitrary to us, then we're more focused on what we want than what's logically feasible.
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    Fuskie said:

You know the old saying that hindsight is always 20/20! I'm sure if Kabam could go back and do things differently they probably would. In my opinion and I'm somebody who didn't get the 6* AG after trading for the 5-5* gem crystals I ended up with 4 Generics and 2 in four different classes. And yes I'm angry but I'm not going to fight with people over it because it's a waste of time and there is nothing any of us can do about it. But I feel Kabam should have made the 5-5* Crystals the Nexus AG crystals that way even though it would never be a "Guarantee" you would get what you needed your odds to pull what you needed would have been much better. And I also think the 6* REROLL crystals should have been a 6* AG Nexus so that way it would be guaranteed that you would not end up with the same class again. But only the 6* Rerolls the 6* Crystal from the 5-5* Generic should of stayed a regular AG crystal. I feel if they would have done that even though there would have still been posts by a few people who didn't get what they wanted or needed because let's face it there will always be those posts no matter what! The majority of these posts and arguments on here would not exist!!!

Everything would end in a single day if they answered any of it with honesty. I HATE them for being such cowards on this issue. They are puposly ignoring us. Selfish company. NO WAY theres no one seeing this post. And i also from now on refuse to answer anyone here who wants everyone unhappy. Everyone who oposses change here is a l

This whole thread is full of Coppin sounding like an asshat with no valid points whatsoever he’s an angry little troll with no life and no friends 😂 maybe if we all just choose to ignore every statement he has made since the thread began we can get some sort of response from Kabam to clear up everyone’s concerns about the trade-in store.

Are you just seeing if a mod will delete your post?
    Dude i called this guy all the possible horrible bannable words and rightly so. One of worst (insert all cursing words) people i have ever seen online. Not because he disagrees but WHY he disagrees :D Kabam is so scared of this post i think nobody regulates it. So yeah he deserves much more than what insults he got. He deserves ALL the insults in world. Now look at GROUNDWISDOM. The guy disagrees on the points 95% people agree on. You seen anyone INSULT him? Cause hes not an ss. Dont blame it on us being toxic for others disagreeing. Its WHY you disagree HOW you disagree and where your moral compass is pointing.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Yeah the sig stone one was the one i immediately pointed out as being the worst of it all ... just why would anyone even consider 25 sigs for a chance at 1 of the class you want. just mind bottling.
  • PUDENGUPUDENGU Posts: 7
    Coppin said:

PUDENGU said:

The fact that this type of “problem” is still occurring 7 years in just shows the lack of progress as a company on Kabam’s part.
    Why complicate things by having to trade 3 of the same class? 3 of any class would be a better trading cost.

Its a high priced item, it should have its complications.
    Its like saying.. well its been 7 years i dont understand why units are still worth 99 dollars for 3100...
    Its been 7 years why should i run abyss to get a 6* AG....
    I still think it should have been gated to TB, probably 40% of the responses on this thread wouldn't exist if it was gated
    You missed the point entirely. The problem is not the cost, it’s the rng necessary to be able to trade!
    Not to mention the fact that they have discouraged the players from hoarding only to benefit the ones who hoard now!
    But I guess you got your gem so why are you even commenting here?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    People think that if (input option here) exists in the store, the idea is for everyone to do it. That’s wrong in many cases.

Take the revives as an example - trading 2 20s for a 40 is a bad deal unless the 20s are going to expire.

If you’re a cavalier player, trading a pile of 5-star gems for a single 6 makes no sense. If you’re a long-TB player, it’s perfect.

For the sig stones, I don’t know who that’s for besides people in the top 30 or so alliances, and even that’s tough. It all boils down to the same thing though - some of these options are nothing more than a way to avoid waste.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Jaded said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

3 generics AGs
    That's 15.

Oh wait there's more.

So u need 1...
    I also pointed out

Dude.. seriously?

Yes i am with 14 r3s...

If the rules are arbitrary to us, then we're more focused on what we want than what's logically feasible.
    Perhaps I need to explain this more to you.

Mobile game rules are arbitrary to the user because we can not see the future. For example with these 5* gems, there has been no precedent set for saving them. Every awakening anyone has ever done with them as been a whim of choice. Now there is a rule making a precedent of saving 5* gems that 3 of one class = 1 generic. That rule is still arbitrary to the user since trading them in is still a whim of choice. Rules applied/change/bent only enforces the fact that they are arbitrary to the user. We live by making assumptions and guessing. We make whatever educated decisions possible but could still be horribly wrong.
    They're not wrong at all. We make our own decisions for our own motivations. I'm not withholding Gems if I feel I have a use. That's a choice. Just like the whole point of this was in part because for months, people have asserted that they don't touch their 5*s. So they gave people an opportunity to make use of them, while still making it costly enough to stay rare. People can see this as an indication that they should save everything, but frankly that's also a choice. Kabam isn't telling people to do anything. I have my suspicions they'd suggest people play as they always do, as opposed to hinging their decisions on something that hasn't even been confirmed to return in the future or not.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

Many traded in a 6* class gem but got the same class back. Why wasn't that class excluded from the RNG like the T4C trade in crystal in the Special tab?

If this happened to anyone, can you remove it from their accounts and send us another 6* AG crystal with that class withdrawn? I'm sure can be done.

Send anyone who got a duplicate gem a token with the option to switch. If they accept the token Kabam removes their gem and gives them another AG crystal. This would go a long way.

What? Why? If your request is to include an exclusive crystal next time, it makes sense. But crystal that excludes one class even for catalysts, require two of that item. Why would any one trade 2 6* class gems for 1?

It was never advertised as a different class gem so why should they send you another just because you didnt get the class you wanted?
    It's a 1-1 trade in. 1 6* class for 1 random crystal. It just makes sense not include the same class you traded in.
    Actually it does not. You're spending something and getting something of greater value through zero effort.
    No one's saying it's not greater value, but it shouldn't be a recycling gem either. No one trades in to get the same stuff back.
    I didn't open my first gem to get a class I didn't want but that's what it gives. Nothing to do there. Rng
    People have different perspectives. It's a part of life. They also have different taste in YouTubers. Lol. That's just fine. We're not all the same.

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

I didn't open my first gem to get a class I didn't want but that's what it gives. Nothing to do there. Rng
    To be fair, given the rarity of the Gems, I was scratching my head on that one as well. It would have been reasonable to remove the one you sacrificed.

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

To be fair, given the rarity of the Gems, I was scratching my head on that one as well. It would have been reasonable to remove the one you sacrificed.
    What sacrifice? If you got the same gem that means it was a net zero trade.

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

The point of trading a Gem is to get one of five different outcomes. That's not a trade, it's a rebound.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Why do we need a disclaimer that it is his opinion?

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

The point of trading a Gem is to get one of five different outcomes. That's not a trade, it's a rebound.
    The point of trading a gem is essentially a reroll. Nothing else. If there was tech to reroll that would have been done

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

The point of trading a gem is essentially a reroll. Nothing else. If there was tech to reroll that would have been done
    Disagree. You're still using the element of RNG, and the Crystals are limited. Have you ever rolled 30 or 40 T4CCs to get one Class? I have. Not pleasant. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because rolling the same one you traded is obsolete.

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

Disagree. You're still using the element of RNG, and the Crystals are limited. Have you ever rolled 30 or 40 T4CCs to get one Class? I have. Not pleasant. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because rolling the same one you traded is obsolete.
    Breaking news. Mcoc has RNG involved
    Zan0 said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

You think that the re rolling of a gem for free is bad? Yet you are so onboard with the ridiculousness of the 5 generics for a 6 star gem. You are ridiculous
    Why are people rerolling? Why would they sit on a Gem as valuable as a 6* to begin with? Why are people even trading Gens for a 6*? THEY AREN'T USING THEM.
    By all means, if people suggested limiting the number of rerolls so you don't just roll what you want, great. At the very least, remove the one you're trading. That much is logical. Not sure why people think that's sane.

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

@Kabam Miike

What do you mean by "if there was tech?"
    As in , an option to spin a crystal again by forfeiting the resource you just pulled in the crystal screen itself
    So you all are prepared to trade in say 2 6* skill stones to open a crystal that gives 1 gem that is not skill? Because that's the only way those kind of tradess exist in this game
This discussion has been closed.