**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Have you sold all your 2* champs

ConnectConnect Posts: 197
edited November 2017 in General Discussion

Have you sold all your 2* champs 247 votes

Yes
5%
CrusherSnizzbarHulk_77AngelLordJFerg114Lucifer__Dandeli0nsBapoiCobsveector261DurrNexus_UY_ScutiNemesis666Oldiesh 14 votes
No
94%
Etaki_LirakoiDNA3000GroundedWisdomDL864ShadTheManGamerAegonTMattyloYodieGKaineNevvBCakedaddyRB6942SolswerddanielmathSnakeEyes69VavasourJOHNOSA1995Shrimkinsvd016 233 votes

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    No
    and if you did, and that 1M likes things go through, you're screwed for that 10K 5* shards arena
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    No
    Your PI Will go down
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    No
    Tempest wrote: »
    and if you did, and that 1M likes things go through, you're screwed for that 10K 5* shards arena

That’s why I was asking.

Me I’m sitting on 49x 2* champs.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    No
    Nope, I have 48 all maxed
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    No
    Lol, that one person who said yes
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No
    I regret selling my 1* IM. Never got him again
  • No
    I used to sell my 1* and 2* champs when I first started but don't anymore. I foolishly sold my 1* SM, IM and Wolvie not realizing you can only get them once. Have regretted it since.

Same here. I never use them, but I like having the set.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    No
    I used to sell my 1* and 2* champs when I first started but don't anymore. I foolishly sold my 1* SM, IM and Wolvie not realizing you can only get them once. Have regretted it since.

Same. In 2014 it seemed dumb to have a 1* champ and a 2* that was the same but better.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    Yes
    Ive sold them all a handful of times and am back at around 40 2* champs again
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    No
    I originally did, back in early 2015. I lost my 1* Wolverine and I think Spider-Man, can't get them back. I only sold a few 2*, when I got the 3* version and was desperate for ISO. Now the 2* are all maxed and can quickly qualify for rank rewards in the 2* arenas.
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    No
    The other reason not to sell them is for what happened when Kabam gave out reimbursement based on player rating. People that sold 2* champs didn't get the best reimbursement packages.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    No
    IF they hit the 1 mil likes they did say there'd be an opportunity to get back the 1*s you sold at the beginning.
  • No
    Bottom line: if you sell champs (any champs) and those champs one day become useful, you have no one to blame but yourself. The last time this was an issue was the reimbursement package mentioned above. The 2* arena that was announced is another one potentially coming. When these things happen, there are no shortage of players who try to explain how they were tricked because of what the game "is" based on their own personal theory of how the game is supposed to be played and demand that they be made whole after selling champs.

Don't be one of those people.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Yes
    When I thought I'd quit, I sold it all. Now i have all of them back again. But yes, I have sold them at one point. Never again though.
  • No
    Nope. I rank them up for Level Up solo quest.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    No
    I wouldn't just because even as slow and as long as it takes eventually having all those maxed sig 2 stars trickles into 3 star shards, and then your maxed sig 3 stars turn into 4 shards etc.

Selling them gives immediate benefits, but then takes forever to grind back that steady return.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    edited November 2017
    No
    Never, they re my babies. Im lvl 99 with 80% of my 2*.
    Ive 57 two star heroes and The quest continues for the other unique 2*
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    No
    I dont care about 1* I sold back in the day.

• No
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure many of us fell for this when starting the game for the first time:
    *starts with 1* spiderman
    *pulls 2* spiderman from a crystal
    "oh i pulled someone i already had. why would i want to keep duplicates"
    * sells 1* spiderman

If this is your first MMO-like game, I can understand that. But anyone that has played MMOs for any length of time tends to learn the first lesson of MMO inventory: if they let you keep it, that means they are eventually going to find a use for it. You get rid of it at your own peril.

If the game was designed such that anyone with a 2* champ will never need the 1* version and so on, they would have made the champions upgrade and eliminate the lower ranked version. The fact they let you keep both suggests both will have a use. You may decide not to use it, but the game will offer a potential use.

Its sort of like the rule about objects you can pick up in RPGs. If the devs took the time to design a thing so you can pick it up, the odds are high that no matter how useless it appears it will eventually have a use.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    No
    I have every 2* maxed out..including blade,new Thor
  • No
    I sold a couple 1* at the beginning as I got them in 2* not realizing they were both useful for something. The game doesn't really make it clear when you first start that you might want both at some point. Sucks you can't get some of them back.

I did realize it was a bad idea before selling off 2* champs though. All my 2* and 3* are maxed as well since I was grinding all arenas all the time and still do from time to time.
  • KZAKVNKZAKVN Posts: 14

ArmandStar wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure many of us fell for this when starting the game for the first time:
    *starts with 1* spiderman
    *pulls 2* spiderman from a crystal
    "oh i pulled someone i already had. why would i want to keep duplicates"
    * sells 1* spiderman

Exactly what happened to me. The only one I ever sold
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    No
    I sold one stars early on [and don't really regret it] but 2*s have benefit for growth. Duping them gets more 3* shards when in turn helps dupe those champs quicker. And when you start maxing them out a bunch, you double the 3* shards [probably] so it just helps speed things along with progression.
  • No
    @kfd2010 Very true. About a quarter of my 2* are max sig and about 40% of my 3* are max sig. Got to love double shards. Also got a 3* IIF from those crystals.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    No
    I sell my 1*’s but keep the rest. I never use my 2*s. They’re only for duping.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    Hey what’s this 1m like and selling 2* have to do with each other?