**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Adventure Into The Savage Wild this New Year! Join Us on January 5!

Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year, Summoners! We look forward to an exciting 2022 and happy to have you all along for the ride!

EVENT TL;DR

Get Compass (various colours) from inbox, Solo Objective rewards or Solo Events rewards > complete Quests (unlocks weekly on Wednesdays) > earn rewards

QUEST

Start: January 5, 2022 @ 10AM (PT)
End: February 9, 2022 @ 10AM (PT)

The Savage Land is a hidden prehistoric land. Its location, a well-guarded secret. Now, with the help of special compasses, you can explore this vast jungle and battle Champions in search of lost treasures. Quests will be released weekly and will contain gated paths and hidden rewards.

All quests have four (4) paths each, each requiring a different colour Compass to unlock. E.g. Quest 1 will require Red, Blue, Yellow and Green Compasses to unlock all four (4) paths. Please see Compasses section below for more details.

***Cavaliers and up will also get to explore an extra path in Quest 4 (Legendary Difficulty) with a special Platinum compass, for an extra special hidden treasure (see Rewards section for more details)!

Schedule
Quest 1 - Jungle: January 5, 2022 @ 10AM (PT)
Quest 2 - Savannah: January 12, 2022 @ 10AM (PT)
Quest 3 - Mountain: January 19, 2022 @ 10AM (PT)
Quest 4 - Volcano: January 26, 2022 @ 10AM (PT)

Energy Cost
N/A

Compasses
***Note that ALL Compasses work for ALL Difficulties. Feel free to use them on ANY Difficulty you want. This means you can also do all the Difficulties, if you want!

Rewards

NEW! FEATURE: STRIKERS

Every fight in each Quest will also feature a new experimental gameplay mechanic called Strikers! You can summon a specific Striker (chosen by a Quest buff) in a fight by pressing a new button above the Special Attack button. Each Striker has a different effect that they will apply to the Attacker or the Defender depending on the Striker. When you summon a Striker right after landing the 4th Light Attack in a combo, the Striker’s effect is enhanced. Strikers are available right away at the beginning of a fight, and after they are summoned there is a meter that must be built up before they can be used again. Some build up over time, while others build up by landing Hits and by being Struck.

The Strikers that will be available for these Quests are:
Quest 1: Colossus - grants the Attacker an Unblockable buff.
Quest 2: Wolverine - grants the Attacker a Regeneration buff.
Quest 3: Hulk - inflicts the Defender with a Weakness debuff.
Quest 4: Juggernaut - grants the Attacker an Unstoppable buff.

***Cavaliers and up: Legendary difficulty contains a special 5th path in Quest 4 that makes use of all four (4) Strikers and features some tougher fights but also a better reward!

SOLO OBJECTIVES

Complete the Searching for Directions Solo Objectives by participating in this month’s side quests. Rewards include Compasses and this month’s Crystal Shards.

SOLO EVENTS

X-Men Use
How to get points: Win fights using members of the X-Men.
User title: “Brotherhood of Mutants”

Win a fight using a 2-Star X-Man: 75
Win a fight using a 3-Star X-Man: 100
Win a fight using a 4-Star X-Man: 150
Win a fight using a 5-Star X-Man: 200
Win a fight using a 6-Star X-Man: 250

Destroy All Mutants
How to get points: Win fights against Mutant Class Champions.
User title: “Toady”

Defeat a 1-Star Mutant Class Champion: 75
Defeat a 2-Star Mutant Class Champion: 100
Defeat a 3-Star Mutant Class Champion: 150
Defeat a 4-Star Mutant Class Champion: 200
Defeat a 5-Star Mutant Class Champion: 250
Defeat a 6-Star Mutant Class Champion: 300

CRYSTAL

The Anthropomorphic Crystal is available in Grandmaster and Cavalier.

How many Shards per Crystal: 4,000

Limited pool of Champions
Beast
Dragon Man
Hit-Monkey
Howard The Duck
Man-Thing
Mole Man
Nightcrawler
Rhino
Rocket Raccoon
Sabretooth
Sasquatch
Spider-Ham
Squirrel Girl
Tigra
Venom The Duck

SIDE QUEST VIDEO

And finally, don't forget to check out this month's side quest video with Kabam Boo, and special guest appearance from Dorky Dave!

Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    Looks cool
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Does this mean strikers are only for the Savage Wild quest?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    the cav pool looks a little small but I’m hype nonetheless

excited for another mutant month
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Elwind said:

Bad rewards again

Why?
  • Servono ricompense migliori per rangare i 6*.... difficoltà mensile spaccatroni quando ?
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I like the easy side quest especially around these months when it tends to be very busy.

Strikers sound fun! Very excited!

Are toad and the dragon (forget his name) confirmed as the champs for next month? Curious. I assume both are since a title is toady.....lol
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Hyped for strikers. Looking fwd to testing, it looks like good addition
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Community- We want easier side quests!

Kabam- You got it.

Community- Rewards suck.

You get what you ask for.

How do you know this is easy? Quest is not released yet.
    Why wouldn't it be? They said in the announcement that the "tougher" fight will just be for TB. If it's anything like this months SQ, then it's easy. There's literally zero thought needed for this months SQ.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Typhoon said:

Anthropomorphic crystal pool looks like doodoo

Really? There’s only 4 champs I’d be disappointed to pull - the rest are all decent to great
    Yes, some decent pulls in there for sure.
  • I’m liking this. I just hope we don’t have the tag based cav meq quests. Then this would suck
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Typhoon said:

Anthropomorphic crystal pool looks like doodoo

Really? There’s only 4 champs I’d be disappointed to pull - the rest are all decent to great
    I wouldn't mind moleman, hit monkey, or spider ham. The rest don't really do much for my roster.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Tigra, Sasquatch, VtD, even SG.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★

Tigra, Sasquatch, VtD, even SG.

Nothing in their kits that would make me use them over champions I already have at R3.