**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

As long as there are no T6 basics or T3 alphas or 6-star awakenings, it should be fine. Just make it the same as last year, increase rates for the good items, and add Weapon X there (even if just a 5-star, and 6-star on the rank rewards).

Disagreed, I'm aiming for some T3A to get me out of doing any Carina challenges, or a 6* awakening gem to awaken some cool champs. I doubt the amounts of Cats will be huge anyway. Whales gonna whale, gimme some good pulls along the way. If there are just 6* shards and 6* nexus in there I'd be very disappointed.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

As long as there are no T6 basics or T3 alphas or 6-star awakenings, it should be fine. Just make it the same as last year, increase rates for the good items, and add Weapon X there (even if just a 5-star, and 6-star on the rank rewards).

I agree, maybe trickle a tint bit of t6b and t3a but nothing huge. No 6* ags.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Disagreed, I'm aiming for some T3A to get me out of doing any Carina challenges, or a 6* awakening gem to awaken some cool champs. I doubt the amounts of Cats will be huge anyway. Whales gonna whale, gimme some good pulls along the way. If there are just 6* shards and 6* nexus in there I'd be very disappointed.
    I really hope these won't contain any of that.
    I could argue that 6-star awakening gem crystals, even if at a low rate, could be there. But rank 4 materials absolutely shouldn't be there. Wouldn't mind if they were in the rank rewards though, but thats it.

Last thing we need are people getting 50 rank 4's from one day to another
    Yeah I guess you’re right. Rank rewards would probably be a better place to have them. At least then they can be limited, as opposed to someone just throwing money and getting R4s.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

@BitterSteel this might be too late but what I've done is trade in all my potions for higher valued ones including revives and use them for the star lord run. And if I run out I'll funnel resources from alt through gifting. I'm in over flow of l3 revives after converting all
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★

I just hope they are progression based this time around. We dont need all that lower level stuff and newer players shouldn't get several 6*s before even having a 5* roster

You can calm down with your reward gating for newer players
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,903 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

Wicket329 said:

SandeepS said:

Grind units if they're good? Time would be would be better spent elsewhere if not

Would it be though? I mean, units never depreciate in value. You’ll use them eventually whether it’s on gifting or some other deal (or maybe even content) down the line.

I can’t imagine ever being in a situation in this game where I find that I have *too many* units.
    Its holiday season so all about the opportunity cost. I could grind or do other things. Was just an example of why people would want to know in advance. As others have said there are other reasons such as finding a whale alliance for the overall rewards as there was the 14 day period for changing alliances.

Personally I just want to find out to manage my own expectations. The team usually prepare you for the following month in advance, just not in this instance.
    I don’t know, if you’ve been taking this event super seriously then you were grinding long before this weekend. And if you see the rewards on Monday and decide you want to take it super seriously, you have two weeks during the event to do your grinding. I just don’t see enough urgency to get angry at Kabam over deciding to hold off until Monday.
    Psyure said:

Wicket329 said:

I know I’m gonna eat some disagrees on this one but for real, what does the extra 72 hours of knowing get you?

Like, what behavior changes? If you find out rewards are bad now versus 72 hours from now, what will you do differently? Conversely, if you find out they’re great, what is different?

These are genuine questions. I know y’all don’t need to explain anything to me, but I’d love to understand what the urgency here is. You know that you need units to participate in this. At this point, you’ve either farmed them or you haven’t.

Knowing what the rewards will be won’t change that fact. And there’s no special deal running today encouraging unit purchase over any other day. If Kabam runs deals on unit purchases prior to the gifting event going live, then I’ll agree that the information should be disclosed. But until then? It’s just idle curiosity. I’d also like to know, but it’s not gonna eat away at me or even matter in the grand scheme of things.

I mean you realize you can use that same logic for every other announcement from Kabam right? Like why do I need to care about next months cavs events when I can just check the events on the day? 1-2 new different champs per month and same lame monthly content and some other recycled monthly event.
    Yup, fully realize that. Again, it is definitely nice to know in advance, I totally get that and agree. But there’s no reason to get angry about knowing in advance because there is no meaningful loss to you as a player for not knowing until Monday.
  • PsyurePsyure Posts: 7
    Wicket329 said:

SandeepS said:

Wicket329 said:

SandeepS said:

Grind units if they're good? Time would be would be better spent elsewhere if not

Would it be though? I mean, units never depreciate in value. You’ll use them eventually whether it’s on gifting or some other deal (or maybe even content) down the line.

I can’t imagine ever being in a situation in this game where I find that I have *too many* units.
    Its holiday season so all about the opportunity cost. I could grind or do other things. Was just an example of why people would want to know in advance. As others have said there are other reasons such as finding a whale alliance for the overall rewards as there was the 14 day period for changing alliances.

Personally I just want to find out to manage my own expectations. The team usually prepare you for the following month in advance, just not in this instance.
    I don’t know, if you’ve been taking this event super seriously then you were grinding long before this weekend. And if you see the rewards on Monday and decide you want to take it super seriously, you have two weeks during the event to do your grinding. I just don’t see enough urgency to get angry at Kabam over deciding to hold off until Monday.
    Psyure said:

Wicket329 said:

I know I’m gonna eat some disagrees on this one but for real, what does the extra 72 hours of knowing get you?

Like, what behavior changes? If you find out rewards are bad now versus 72 hours from now, what will you do differently? Conversely, if you find out they’re great, what is different?

These are genuine questions. I know y’all don’t need to explain anything to me, but I’d love to understand what the urgency here is. You know that you need units to participate in this. At this point, you’ve either farmed them or you haven’t.

Knowing what the rewards will be won’t change that fact. And there’s no special deal running today encouraging unit purchase over any other day. If Kabam runs deals on unit purchases prior to the gifting event going live, then I’ll agree that the information should be disclosed. But until then? It’s just idle curiosity. I’d also like to know, but it’s not gonna eat away at me or even matter in the grand scheme of things.

I mean you realize you can use that same logic for every other announcement from Kabam right? Like why do I need to care about next months cavs events when I can just check the events on the day? 1-2 new different champs per month and same lame monthly content and some other recycled monthly event.
    Yup, fully realize that. Again, it is definitely nice to know in advance, I totally get that and agree. But there’s no reason to get angry about knowing in advance because there is no meaningful loss to you as a player for not knowing until Monday.
    And there's no meaningful loss either not announcing next month's events when players can just check in game that day. But people here will get upset about that like theyre upset about the 6* AG store which is why there's hundreds of posts about that instead and i think we all know why there's outrage there and not on gifting. Personally, I just want consistency all around which Kabam severely lacks.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

I just hope they are progression based this time around. We dont need all that lower level stuff and newer players shouldn't get several 6*s before even having a 5* roster

How do you propose they do that? Should it be based on the progression level of a person gifting or based on a person receiving? It’s going to be so messed up in an alliance where not everyone is at the same level of progression.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★

You can calm down with your reward gating for newer players
    It's not "gating" dude..... It's also helpful to new players to not get "end game" items they have no use for. If you managed to get 3 6* from gifting, how long do you think it would be before you are able to rank them up with iso and gold? I know that when I was new, I would much rather have gotten a 5* or even a few 4* instead of 6* for that very reason.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Wicket329 said:

It’s just excitement and wanting to know. I’d love to know the rewards right now and be hyped to get them, but now that it’s confirmed that they won’t be released until Monday I’m hyped to find out.

Some people take that knowledge that they won’t know until Monday and decide to label that disappointment as poor customer service, ridiculous etc. Some use anything to tell kabam how bad they are, that’s all it is.
    Gifting even has always been this way. This is about only event they don’t tell what’s in stuff and rank rewards. You’ll know 30 mins before gifting starts when milestones hit the coming soon tab
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

(on Monday when the event goes live)

Monday be like

Looks like it won't happen on Monday, my time zone.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

While this be nice. Don’t count on it. Unless they goto a token base thing where you send tokens then player who gets it cashes em in at store. Otherwise it’s a lot of coding and it’s not 100% as you will have act 4 players gifting to thornebreaker and Vice versa. No guarantee they’d get right ggc
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Life is having something to look forward to.

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I can't say enough how much I dislike the communication (or lack thereof) in this game. I was really hoping they would tell us before Monday what the GGCs would have in them. Given how they sometimes do things that make me think they believe it's 2019 I am worried the crystals will be underwhelming, but I guess we will see. I really appreciated the 25% T5CC selector in the anniversary calendar and the numerous 2% T5CC crystals this month in side quests so I think they might have some good things in store. Still hate the lack of communication. It doesn't come across as building suspense. It comes across as not caring about the player base.
  • IcsGrec said:

Lack of communication?
    They told us what we need to know.
    It’s not their fault most players act like spoiled children and they want to know X days before so they can hype up (that’s the stupidest reason i’ve ever heard)

The communication was good enough.
    The real problem is the player base, which is never happy with anything.

The only communication regarding this event is when it starts and how you are eligible to do it.

• DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★

I really doubt they will be, but I agree they should be. I think they'd be better for everyone, as TB ones can be tailored to TB, Cav to Cav etc. And new players can get cool resources that will help them enjoy the game in the long and short term. Not T3A, 6* Awakening gems or a full 6* that lets them smash through content without reading and learning nodes. Only to then wonder why their amazing 6* champ is getting shut down by one of the thousand node combinations or interactions they would have learned by playing the game at a more reasonable level
    I thought they would make tiers, but the fact that this is trading would make value disparities complicated.

They could also just drop tiered crystals anyways and hope that thronebreakers would be trading would thronbreakers either way. Cavs with cavs, ect. Since that is how most alliances are set up anyways.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

IcsGrec said:

Lack of communication?
    It’s not their fault most players act like spoiled children and they want to know X days before so they can hype up (that’s the stupidest reason i’ve ever heard)

The only communication regarding this event is when it starts and how you are eligible to do it.

That’s enough information for an event.
    You can lookup previous years rewards and make an idea about what’s it gonna be.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★

IcsGrec said:

Lack of communication?

Not to play devil's advocate, but do we really need more info? We know it'll have t5cc, 6* shards, most likely some r4 mats, but do the percentages really matter? Only thing that would have been better earlier is the objectives rewards, but again, doesn't matter, those who have units/cash they want to spend will spend, those who don't won't
    edited December 2021
    IcsGrec said:

IcsGrec said:

Lack of communication?

You can lookup previous years rewards and make an idea about what’s it gonna be.
    😂😂😂

Are you serious? How many times have Kabam changed things up on us? Have you seen how many YouTubers there are out there who have speculated rewards and deals based on past rewards and deals and most of the time they are wrong, sometimes for worse and sometimes for better. They may not be communicating with us in advance to tell us what will be in the GGCS, but I don't see a problem with wanting that in advance. Obviously some people disagree and that is fine, just my opinion.
    Wicket329 said:

Mostly to keep me interested, I guess, and feel like there is something to look forward to. I guess if I knew the crystals were bad I wouldn't be excited but for me not knowing is the worst. But I guess I just have to wait. Only a couple days now, either way.
    Wicket329 said:

IcsGrec said:

IcsGrec said:

Lack of communication?

😂😂😂

Are you serious? How many times have Kabam changed things up on us? Have you seen how many YouTubers there are out there who have speculated rewards and deals based on past rewards and deals and most of the time they are wrong, sometimes for worse and sometimes for better. They may not be communicating with us in advance to tell us what will be in the GGCS, but I don't see a problem with wanting that in advance. Obviously some people disagree and that is fine, just my opinion.
    You’re right, there’s not a problem with wanting it in advance. We all want things. That’s totally fine and normal.

Similarly, there’s nothing wrong with not caring if you get the information in advance because you know it’s not going to change what you do.

The issue is people behaving like this is some huge deal, that it shows some larger issue about communication or whatever and it just isn’t. This is such a non-issue but people are working themselves up into a rage over it.

Just chill, y’all. It’s gonna be okay.
    I haven't seen anyone rage on this issue, but perhaps those threads have been deleted before I saw them. I will say though that it's not as if there isn't a significant amount of the player base on the forums frustrated with different aspects of the game that feel like their voice/concerns go unanswered or ignored. I think something like this can sort of contribute to that feeling even more for some players. I guess you are convinced it absolutely is not, but I am not sure how you can know that. I am just curious what makes you so sure about that...? It definitely seems to me like the communication is decreasing overall. When was the last detailed road map? How long has it been between hundreds of posts about issues before players can even get a single response sometimes from Kabam? I agree with you that everything will be ok. Even if the game fails I don't think its the end of the world. I just wish I understood their thought process/why they are making the decisions they are making with what they communicate when and what they do not communicate and why. Didn't they say in advance what were going to be in the GGCs last year? If not then I guess that is fine and I shouldn't be expecting it this year. If they did last year, why not this year? Just curious...